Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
css is the one with the huge head hitboxes so its the best cs to play if youre bad at cs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I played it in like 2007 cuz it was one of the only things that ran on my computer but by that I mean once every 6 months I went on a 24/7 office 32p server for 2 hours and tried to headshot people without understanding or even trying to understand how to shoot the guns because the sound effect was badass. Then in 2012 or 13 I played GO.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Dear diary

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Everyone install zandronum for later tonight.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

CS hasn't been good since the m4 had a scope.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

UT99 is pretty good and maybe we could have a server with it on it

Thanks

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Widestancer posted:

UT99 is pretty good and maybe we could have a server with it on it

Thanks

I actually enjoy UT99 more than 2k4

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

all of your troubles are dead and gone~
how in the gently caress do i properly configure zandronum. never used this poo poo before

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Elijah. posted:

how in the gently caress do i properly configure zandronum. never used this poo poo before

Return the Ds you piece of poo poo coward.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Elijah. posted:

do you have the Iwads?

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

all of your troubles are dead and gone~

Lawman 0 posted:

do you have the Iwads?

yeah nvm i just got intimidated by all the options but it seems pretty plug n play

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Elijah. posted:

yeah nvm i just got intimidated by all the options but it seems pretty plug n play

yeah it's real easy once you know what to do, like everything in life

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Elijah. posted:

You know what else is plug and play? A DS -- The one you stole more specifically... Why is anyone helping this piece of poo poo out?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
rename to Imp Crew: Callout/Whining Thread

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

You know what else is plug and play? A DS -- The one you stole more specifically... Why is anyone helping this piece of poo poo out?

Take it to the buying/selling feedback thread if it bothers you.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Confession: I stole a DS with alttp from an open car at a children's cancer walk. Child probably died of a broken heart. Also, cancer.

E: you decide if I'm serious or not

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Kazvall posted:

Confession: I stole a DS with alttp from an open car at a children's cancer walk. Child probably died of a broken heart. Also, cancer.

E: you decide if I'm serious or not

you're a goon so i wouldn't put you above stealing toys from dying children

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Got a ban queued up for you right now op

Proof:

I lied. It had the spongebob game.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
drop the hammer zen, i want to see imp blood

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Ok a regular ban and I won't erase your presence from these forums.

But I'm tacking on a 100,000 hour probation

That should be enough time for me to discover the cure for Dennis Leary.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
its ut time

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

After stronghold, we have a hilarious wad that is akin to Mario party challenges but in doom.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Oh yeah: zandronum downloads the wads from the server. Don't worry about getting any files.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

are we playing now?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Lawman 0 posted:

are we playing now?

8pm est

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Looks like that map that just was voted has scared everyone off the server with the download rate.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:(

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
really do need a map pack on some file sharing site since it was dling it at like 10kb/s

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

gently caress THESE ARE QUAKE LIVE PATCH NOTES gently caress

quote:

quote:

The goal of this release is to bring the game up to shape and slightly modernize some aspects to make the game more accessible, friendly, and enjoyable to new comers.

New Default Gameplay Ruleset

Players may now hold jump to continuously jump.
The minimum allowed time between jumps has been increased from 50ms to 100ms.
Players may now hold forward and jump to 'bunny hop', allowing them to slowly gain up to 2x their base movement speed.
When wielding the Gauntlet, ground movement speed is increased 6.25%.
Introduced Loadouts, allowing players to select one Primary Weapon (hmg, rl, lg, rg) and one Secondary Weapon (mg, sg, gl, pg).
Added the command "weapon toggle" to toggle between your Primary and Secondary weapons.
Unified weapon respawn time to 5 seconds across all gamemodes.
Added global Ammo Packs, in lieu of weapon specific ammo, where each pack grants you a small amount of ammo for each weapon in your inventory.
Reduced ammo respawn time from 40 seconds to 10 seconds.
Added in-world item timers for "major" items, including armors, megahealth, power-ups, and medkit. Respawn timers blink once per second, and display one "pie piece" for every 5 seconds that has elapsed.
Items have taller pickup collision boxes, so that players will not miss items as they jump over them.
Power-up spawn indicators now appear when a power-up has spawned in the arena.
Enabled self-kills with an additional 1 second respawn penalty.
Railgun damage 80->90
Rocket splash damage 84->100
Gauntlet damage 50->75

Weapon Changes

Added new weapon, the Heavy Machinegun to act as a viable primary infinite range hitscan weapon with some but minor spread.
Lightning Gun now does 6 damage per cell across all rulesets, or 120 damage per second.

Public FFA Settings

New ruleset in full effect

Public Duel Settings

Public TDM Settings

Friendly-Fire disabled.
Power-up drops enabled.
Fraglimit 150
Timelimit 15
Teamsize 5 (no callvoting teamsize).

Public CA Settings

New ruleset enabled without loadouts (new physics, but 'all' weapons - classic ca + hmg)
Round Limit 7

Public CTF Settings

New ruleset enabled without loadouts (new physics, mg starter, in-world item timers, etc)
Timelimit 15

Public FT Settings

Timelimit 15

Public DOM Settings

Weapons drop for additional weapons.
Self damage enabled.
Timelimit 15

Public AD Settings

Weapons drop for additional weapons.
Timelimit 15

General Game Changes

Fixed the CHEATS ENABLED notification on the map loading screen from lagging behind its proper state.
Reduced the default amount of player movement bobbing.
Reduced the default amount of damage kick movement.
By default, don't show weapons you don't have in inventory on your weaponbar.
By default, bob major items when simpleitems are enabled.
Prevent broken shader image on crosshair '30', '60', '90', which would equate to crosshair "none" as the cycle repeats.
Bots now randomly select loadouts, when applicable.
Greatly reduced multiple pickups prediction errors.
Removed the option to move to FreeCam while dead in elimination based gametypes.

Create Match Features

Now support custom values of starting ammo in AD, CA, DOM, and RR.
Added optional Double Jump physics player movement mechanic.* (*Not yet actually on Create Match UI.)

Arena Changes

Removed Team Arena Runes from all maps.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Surc, we need a quake3 server, stat.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

zen death robot posted:

ive also got plenty of space/ram left on here for one

thank christ because I'm only playing quake live as a novelty aids injection simulator

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

zen death robot posted:

ive also got plenty of space/ram left on here for one

host a cpma server in ny tia

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
ut is dead?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

stoutfish posted:

ut is dead?

I just left the server

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Kazvall posted:

Surc, we need a quake3 server, stat.

ok I will try and get it set up tonight, but I pretty much spent 42 of the last 48 hours fixing engineers gently caress-ups last minute for customer updates at work, so it might be a saturday-morning thing if it's too much of a pain to install Q3 remotely tonight.

E: Oh I found a guide that actually tells me what files I need to put on the server instead of assuming I remember things from like 15 years ago, I will probably get Q3 running tonight.

Also gently caress the haters, not all multiplayer games have to be purely competitive in nature, CS:S is a nice mix of being able to have some competition while also getting some nice internet social activity in and I thought it would be good for imp zoners to get some practice actually speaking to other human beings.

surc fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 9, 2014

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

stoutfish posted:

ut is dead?

we're playing doom right now

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I'm gonna start off with no Mods because I can't remember if there are any good Q3 mods, it's been a while. As always, suggestions are welcome and as long as they aren't super retarded will probably be implemented.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
gotta have cpma, you can play regular q3 with it installed and cpma is way better http://playmorepromode.org/

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kazvall posted:

gently caress THESE ARE QUAKE LIVE PATCH NOTES gently caress

Is that just in beta because I can't find anything about any of those anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Half of them seem like a joke made up by someone who knows what would annoy people who like Quake, is the reason I ask.