Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ahhh, "Rumored Gameplay Changes" on a single site with no official sources. Errr, okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Half of them seem like a joke made up by someone who knows what would annoy people who like Quake, is the reason I ask.
They match with what a few alleged focus testers have told a few weeks prior to this. As well as that, some dev is being said to have confirmed them.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Seems pretty dubious to me. Anything's possible but I'll wait until it's not just cynical nerds saying this stuff.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Seems pretty dubious to me. Anything's possible but I'll wait until it's not just cynical nerds saying this stuff.

syncerror the main pr guy for the ql community was unable to say those are fake sothey arent. get owned scrub

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Yeah, and those patch notes are bad enough that ID would have no reason to not refute them if what they're planning isn't similar.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

syncerror the main pr guy for the ql community was unable to say those are fake sothey arent. get owned scrub

Big deal. I could have thought up most of those by just sitting in my room thinking about why modern games suck compared to quake and some team fortress website is the only place I even found information about it apart from unsourced posts by an outspoken, sadistic cpma nerd in a comedy forum.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Like even if it's just denial on my part, there's no reason to view this stuff with anything but skepticism based on how little information there is, let alone from official sources. As it looks right now expecting SyncError to say "Actually no" about it is like expecting Jesus to descend from heaven to tell some homeless atheist in Waterwoods, North Dakota that God actually does exist.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Big deal. I could have thought up most of those by just sitting in my room thinking about why modern games suck compared to quake and some team fortress website is the only place I even found information about it apart from unsourced posts by an outspoken, sadistic cpma nerd in a comedy forum.
Original actually is here. Also it's discussed on bunch of places, such as esreality, duelcraft, ql subreddit and such, so you certainly did poor at looking it up. This too:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

kalstrams posted:

Original actually is here. Also it's discussed on bunch of places, such as esreality, duelcraft, ql subreddit and such, so you certainly did poor at looking it up. This too:

:sigh:

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Be skeptic all you want, but keep in mind that ID, and so Zenimax, owns Quake. IIRC, they consider Quake Live a failure. They don't care about keeping it in the spirit of Quake 3 if they feel they'll make more money mutilating it. Those changes don't just sound like what's bad about modern games, they also "fix" what people who are bad at Quake complain about.

e:
Holy poo poo so this is actually real.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't know why it being on pastebin makes it matter more but the philosophy of sponge is the sad part. lol

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I don't know why it being on pastebin makes it matter more but the philosophy of sponge is the sad part. lol

was pretty much where iw as at after reading that

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Like even if the changes aren't real he's the kind of guy who wouldn't mind if they were. :( Oh well, have to go to work.

Dec 26, 2012

have fun

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Icon of Party is way too loving hilarious.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
us changing the core gameplay away from the sole reason people played our game for is not reason enough to poo pooo okay?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kazvall posted:

Icon of Party is way too loving hilarious.

Hell what's the point anymore. US quake will be even more dead so their's no need to pay for pro.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Thanks a lot id, for liberating me from my job. :dukedog:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

kalstrams posted:

RIP.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

I recommend wait and giving it an honest shot, and not caring about what Quake is supposed to be or isn't supposed to be.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
And y'know, maybe have fun.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FunTard meed to be shot.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Approaches [id] sponge with a deagle. "Try" to avoid these beastly headshots and double taps to the chest you sick gently caress redneck.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Next Quake update: you can now headshot people with the railgun for twice the damage.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

Approaches [id] sponge with a deagle. "Try" to avoid these beastly headshots and double taps to the chest you sick gently caress redneck.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Hell what's the point anymore. US quake will be even more dead so their's no need to pay for pro.

I'm not even talking about quake here. You should play zandronum.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Icon of Party was loving fantastic

There were only a few maps I didn't really like and those were over fast enough to be bearable. The last one we played (the night mansion one) was fun as gently caress.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

icon of party is r. cool but should have someone who isn't a 14 year old polish it up

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

zen death robot posted:

I just looked at that pastebin and that rocket splash damage boost is insane if true:

thats the way it was in regular quake3 tho

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

So, uh, what should we play next week?

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
cpma

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Read sponge's lines in the voice of George Costanza from Criminal Minds, imo.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Kazvall posted:

So, uh, what should we play next week?

I dunno, but I think we should switch things up. We've played a lot of oldschool FPS, so maybe an RTS next week.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
lets slow it down and play a cool tbs like homm3

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

It's seems like we play enough UT2k4/Quake3 during the week to have an event for it. Right?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Falsum posted:

I dunno, but I think we should switch things up. We've played a lot of oldschool FPS, so maybe an RTS next week.

Someone else here mentioned AoE2, I would be in for that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I like it when bunnyhoppers weep

That's the thing I have the least problem with so your laughing at the wrong person if it's at me.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

That's the thing I have the least problem with so your laughing at the wrong person if it's at me.

I have, not once, laughed at your bunnyhopping technique.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Falsum posted:

starcraft so i can finally win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don"t know how to play rtsses so count me out.