Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

canyoneer posted:

I wanted to go to that show, but then I found out that it was going to be like $65 after ticketmaster's convenience fees and such. I've seen Bad Religion a zillion times live, haven't seen the Offspring but would like to, and could take or leave Pennywise.

I'm gutted that tour isn't coming near the UK I've got ticket's to see Pennywise and Rise Against but wanted to see Offspring play Smash the only date they played it in the UK was at Download Festival which was £200+ a ticket.....gently caress that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
I've seen offspring three times now, been bloody amazing every time. It'll be sad when they finally give up touring.

Masked Pumpkin
May 10, 2008
drat you bastards for getting to catch awesome bands - enjoy! Am on holiday in Cyprus, and the sun is still up, am sun tanning on the verandah with wine, smokes and the new Rise Against - life is good :)

The view right now:

Edit: I can't img good on account of wine - hope it's ok

Masked Pumpkin has a new favorite as of 17:15 on Aug 9, 2014

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

It's not, it's super broke.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Masked Pumpkin posted:

drat you bastards for getting to catch awesome bands

I like this thread if you mention any of those band's in the punk thread you'd get an endless stream of post's about how they suck.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Gaz2k21 posted:

I like this thread if you mention any of those band's in the punk thread you'd get an endless stream of post's about how they suck.

Well because they aren't punk?

still good bands though

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007
:spooky:
My skeezy room is in the skeeziest of neighborhoods by the university. The show is in a club basement and to drink, I have to stay sequestered in a corner by the guy with the booze cart because it's a loving all-ages show. My plan is to get a little stupid to handle being around these kiddies. Get off my lawn!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

whatshesaid posted:

My skeezy room is in the skeeziest of neighborhoods by the university.

Are you in the Super 8 by the aiport? I stayed over there a few weeks ago and someone swiped a bunch of poo poo from my wallet.

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007
Days Inn Central

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Currently in Portland, OR for a family wedding. My goal is to never drink the same beer twice. Since I got in Thursday night, I've tried over 20 beers, most by the pint/bottle. I should be able to hit 30 before I leave. Life is good.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

canyoneer posted:

I wanted to go to that show, but then I found out that it was going to be like $65 after ticketmaster's convenience fees and such. I've seen Bad Religion a zillion times live, haven't seen the Offspring but would like to, and could take or leave Pennywise.

The show didn't sell out, you probably could have gotten a ticket at the door for just the $45, I think. And I personally knew three people trying to offload extra tickets they had for less than face value, so there might have been some on craigslist.

I was lucky enough to get in on an early bird special and got mine for $25 (+ fees.)

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy

whatshesaid posted:

My skeezy room is in the skeeziest of neighborhoods by the university. The show is in a club basement and to drink, I have to stay sequestered in a corner by the guy with the booze cart because it's a loving all-ages show. My plan is to get a little stupid to handle being around these kiddies. Get off my lawn!

Sounds like you need to pre game

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Housewarming party went well!

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
Housewarming= you at home drinking all those by yourself right? Cause that does sound mighty good...

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

whatshesaid posted:

Cheers, fellow kiddie-throwing mosher! I went to see Morbid Angel on Saturday and must of the other bands were kind of boring, so GWBBQ and I each had a couple barleywines and threw kids around while Dying Fetus played (they're boring, but good mish music.

I got a friend to drive because I bought his ticket, saved $10 each on service fees by buying from a local band, avoided paying $10 for parking by parking at a church. Spent that money on beer that I can't get in this state, and drank a few in the church parking lot. Shows that allow re-entry are great.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
Sadly most of them don't do that here because they want you to buy their booze :(

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

kelvron posted:

Currently in Portland, OR for a family wedding. My goal is to never drink the same beer twice. Since I got in Thursday night, I've tried over 20 beers, most by the pint/bottle. I should be able to hit 30 before I leave. Life is good.

You are doing a good thing. That said, with the number of craft/micros up in that end of the US, you might be able to do it for a couple of months. :getin:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Splizwarf posted:

You are doing a good thing. That said, with the number of craft/micros up in that end of the US, you might be able to do it for a couple of months. :getin:

Made it to 25, not counting home-brews or things I've had before. The groomsmen each brewed a pony keg for the reception. Unfortunately, everyone killed the beer by the time dinner was served, so I had to switch to wine.

The after party was at a bouldering gym. A lot of drunk people in suits and dresses climbing on rocks. No ropes or harnesses, just a heavily padded floor to land on.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Man, what kinda show doesn't allow re-entry? What if you want to get a smoke outside?

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
If it's a festival they have dedicated smoking areas or they make it smoke free. If it's a pub night it's just up to the bouncers if they "remember" you to let you back in.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Jeoh posted:

Man, what kinda show doesn't allow re-entry? What if you want to get a smoke outside?

Lots of places will have a patio or deck for smokers, but once you walk past the velvet ropes, there's no going back.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

What in the ever living gently caress?

http://m.louisville.com/content/louisville-s-purge-what-s-story

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Someone thinks they're being funny.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
There's one in Jacksonville as well.

People like to stir poo poo, yo.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

This all coincides with the Kentucky State Fair, which makes me worry a bit, because hey, public spectacle. There are also flyers up in Louisville and the surrounding towns saying "Louisville's Purge. Come and join us."

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

10 Beers posted:

This all coincides with the Kentucky State Fair, which makes me worry a bit, because hey, public spectacle. There are also flyers up in Louisville and the surrounding towns saying "Louisville's Purge. Come and join us."

Maybe it's just going to be a whole bunch of people :vomarine: everywhere?

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
At least they were thoughtful and planned it on a weekend. Who wants to go to work after a night of purging.

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007
I read about that bullshit today. While it's probably going to be just wanna-be punk kids acting like stupid fucks, I'm really glad I was in Louisville last weekend and not this one. Jesus christ how loving stupid.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The television has informed me that tomorrow is National Rum Day. Might have to pick up some Sailor Jerry to celebrate. How will you, bachelor goons, celebrate?

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The television has informed me that tomorrow is National Rum Day. Might have to pick up some Sailor Jerry to celebrate. How will you, bachelor goons, celebrate?

I will drink a Calamari cream (Kraken rum + cream soda) out of my Kraken mason jar glass.

Note: everyone here should try a Calamari Cream.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Big Grunty Secret posted:

I will drink a Calamari cream (Kraken rum + cream soda) out of my Kraken mason jar glass.

My god. That sounds amazing. So kraken makes the best rum and coke, the best dark and stormies AND calamari creams? drat. Love me some kraken.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

VendaGoat posted:

I heard there's another one in Ferguson, Missouri.

QueenOfMistakes
Feb 22, 2007

Kittens are tasty.
Boyfriend is away at his mum's for the weekend (it's her birthday), how do I bachelor?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

QueenOfMistakes posted:

Boyfriend is away at his mum's for the weekend (it's her birthday), how do I bachelor?

Firstly remove pants. Retrieve alcoholic/intoxicant of choice. Find meal, your choice. Sit on couch/engage in any lazy activity. Place hand in underwear.

Breathe contented sigh.

edit:I spell gudly

VendaGoat has a new favorite as of 22:51 on Aug 15, 2014

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007

Hehe.

I just got back from the doctor, sick as hell. I'm missing two shifts of work and I'm loaded up on drugs. I guess the only good thing is that I can live on the couch for a couple days eating ice cream.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I was sick as hell Tuesday, hourly explosions out of one or both ends all night into tuesday morning. Called out of work, plopped down on the couch and passed in and out of consciousnesses while getting my yearly concentrated dose of Law and Order: SVU.

Then the next day I worked a 14 hour shift. Thank god for showerbeer or I wouldn't have time to drink.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Remember that it's okay to shower in the morning and the evening.

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Since I moved to the UK from South Africa I've not had a decent creme soda. I may have to import some especially to give this a try!

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
Today is apparently international rum day, so...

Come drink rum with us! Real Drunk Chat starts now!!!:
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/gyiy7o67hjcaezesiu6ddokc34a?hl=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Pseudohog posted:

Since I moved to the UK from South Africa I've not had a decent creme soda. I may have to import some especially to give this a try!

Is UK cream soda green also? Because it's always an amber color in the US.

• Locked thread