Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Tiberian Sun is free. We could form teams in the mumble channels and go to town with legless cyborgs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

I don"t know how to play rtsses so count me out.

You're killing independent George. Worlds are colliding.

Your av has endless riffing potential.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kazvall posted:

You're killing independent George. Worlds are colliding.

Your av has endless riffing potential.

Sorry but I would be worse than useless on a Rts team or sometiin.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
I'm the worst at RTS except maybe Dark Crusade and CoH.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Falsum posted:

I dunno, but I think we should switch things up. We've played a lot of oldschool FPS, so maybe an RTS next week.

:whitewater:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Keep in mind when Q3A came out there was much qq'ing about the faster rocket velocity vs Quake 2 and how that was going to ruin everything. I don't really know what changes QL made vs Q3A but it always feels a bit weird to me so idgaf.

The weapon damage things almost don't matter compared to the things on the list that look likecruel jokes. What are people supposed to 'keep in mind'. Raises shotgun and points it at you suspiciously.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

It's okay, buddy. You'll get your FPS fix.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

The weapon damage things almost don't matter compared to the things on the list that look likecruel jokes. What are people supposed to 'keep in mind'. Raises shotgun and points it at you suspiciously.

If their only goal was to have us talk about Quake before a steam release, they have succeeded.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I would talk about it elsewhere but folks is talking about it here. Sorry.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

I would talk about it elsewhere but folks is talking about it here. Sorry.

Nah nah. I don't mind at all. I was just continuing the discussion. It's a good marketing ploy. Change something beloved into call of duty.

E: post to your hearts content, you have done nothing but entertain me thus far

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
weapon loadouts completely negate any map dynamics that ever existed.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
how many goddamn quakes do i have to download

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Wormskull posted:

I don"t know how to play rtsses so count me out.

same but for oldschool fpsses

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

i slapped a q3a server up on the same ip

i put that mod on there but gently caress if i remember poo poo about quake server exec scripts, that poo poo has even worse documentation than ut does now

voting is enabled, so that should work

Will it just download cpma for me if I join like it does for the wolfet mods and crap.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Someone please post the picture of the lyrics to the one song that references george costanza's hosed up dick, where on the side it talks about the artist's ironical style, because I want to look at that picture again.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

fronz posted:

Someone please post the picture of the lyrics to the one song that references george costanza's hosed up dick, where on the side it talks about the artist's ironical style, because I want to look at that picture again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJQZst2mEQw

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Thank you.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1qKgRdxxDFL

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oldschool RTS realtalk: OpenRA. It is recreation of Red Aler, Tiberian Dawn and Dune 2000, with a few changes to gameplay unfortunately. Multiplayer works cross-platform, client are available for Windows, OS X and Linux.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u1FT_fpES4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzTC_6Ujoxo

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Aug 9, 2014

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
The new QL update appears to have turned a fun FPS into an abandoned wasteland where "Play Now" drops me into matches in Australia where I get 400 ping and the server browser has like six populated servers every one of which is running mods

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well QL was dead in at least the US long before this update.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Wormskull posted:

Well QL was dead in at least the US long before this update.

I was successfully playing FFA and having a lot of fun before they changed the front end :(

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh well it's early in the morning might be the problem. The most active time I've found is around 4-8pm. 6-8 is the only time I've seen a CTF server with folks in it.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Will it just download cpma for me if I join like it does for the wolfet mods and crap.

you need to install cpma separately http://www.playmorepromode.org

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

you need to install cpma separately http://www.playmorepromode.org

Bah.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It'll just install with the q3a I have on steam right.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
the steam version is basically identical to an updated disk version so i really dont see why not

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh man configging and poo poo again... No...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is m_speed the same thing as sensitivity in this.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

kalstrams posted:

Oldschool RTS realtalk: OpenRA. It is recreation of Red Aler, Tiberian Dawn and Dune 2000, with a few changes to gameplay unfortunately. Multiplayer works cross-platform, client are available for Windows, OS X and Linux.

Been playing Dune 2 on my phone. Might as well play Dune 2000 for free. Added to OP. My tiberian sun link includes much more true to form tiberian dawn and red alert.

Someone update me on who has what server now and what the ip is so I can add that to the OP, too.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kazvall posted:

Been playing Dune 2 on my phone. Might as well play Dune 2000 for free. Added to OP. My tiberian sun link includes much more true to form tiberian dawn and red alert.
Yeah, just checked that Tiberian Sun, vanilla RA/2 looks more appealing to me than OpenRA changes, given that CnCNet provides infrastructure.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I forget in CPMA is it once you lose the full 100 from MH or once you drop below 100 that it starts the respawn timer over.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

zen death robot posted:

i slapped a q3a server up on the same ip

i put that mod on there but gently caress if i remember poo poo about quake server exec scripts, that poo poo has even worse documentation than ut does now

voting is enabled, so that should work

:hfive: You da man, I started the files copying and then I woke up and it was 3am and I was slumped in my chair. I am glad this has not prevented quake.

E: The mod thing is just a flag, I don't know how you're starting the server, but if it's a shell script or just command line you add +set fs_game cpma in with the other arguments, and if it's just an .exe on windows you create a short cut of q3 for starting with CPMA, right-click and add +set fs_game cpma to the end of the target.

E2: Apparently for the windows shortcut it goes outside the quotations in the target. Be more consistent windows jeeze.

surc fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Aug 9, 2014

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

zen death robot posted:

This thing uses so few resources that I'll probably do a gently caress off FFA server that has voting enabled and another CPMA in tourney mode for one-on-one. It doesn't make a huge difference but I'm doing this all on a Linux VPS instance, which has been working really well actually.

You and Surc are the best.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kazvall posted:

You and Surc are the best.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

zen death robot posted:

This thing uses so few resources that I'll probably do a gently caress off FFA server that has voting enabled and another CPMA in tourney mode for one-on-one. It doesn't make a huge difference but I'm doing this all on a Linux VPS instance, which has been working really well actually.

Thank you for your service.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I forget in CPMA is it once you lose the full 100 from MH or once you drop below 100 that it starts the respawn timer over.

once your health is 100 or lower the mh respawns 20 seconds afterwards

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
also zdr is your q3 server currently up? if so, whats the port it uses

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Ok my Q3 server says it's starting properly but I'm unable to connect from my local machine. If somebody could check for me and let me know if they're able to connect or not I would appreciate it.

162.208.48.226:27960

E: I assume ZDR's server uses 27960, or somehwere around there since that's Q3's default.

E2: Server is now up, running CTF at the moment.

surc fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Looks like a nope for me as well.