Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Looks like a nope for me as well.

Ugh. I am relying on documentation consisting of forum posts written by 13 year olds like 8 years ago, so please bear with me through this process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

surc posted:

Ok my Q3 server says it's starting properly but I'm unable to connect from my local machine. If somebody could check for me and let me know if they're able to connect or not I would appreciate it.

162.208.48.226:27961

E: I assume ZDR's server uses 27960, or somehwere around there since that's Q3's default.

cant connect with vanilla quake 3 or cnq3

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Their not 13, their European. Mwahahaha.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

:siren: Quake 3 CTF server is now up at 162.208.48.226:27960 :siren:

Punkbuster is currently required because it's a pain to turn off so I'll do that later.

Punkbuster sucks, took the time to fix it.

surc fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 9, 2014

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Whoa I'm not doing that. Soz.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

surc posted:

:siren: Quake 3 CTF server is now up at 162.208.48.226:27960 :siren:

Punkbuster is currently required because it's a pain to turn off so I'll do that later.

punkbuster thinks that my unmodified q3 steam install is 'unpure' and wont let me join

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah that sucked, disabling punkbuster.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

punkbuster disabled, should stop telling people their client's aren't pure q3 enough or whatever.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Take space ctf out of the map pool for god sake.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That's the one map I can just go on QL and play because all the people there are mentally challenged. Give me a break.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm joking but come on man. The grand opening on a server on that map...

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Like I said I'm open to suggestions, I just loaded up the first 4 q3ctf maps to start with. They're all pretty fun. :shrug:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Bloodmobile posted:

punkbuster thinks that my unmodified q3 steam install is 'unpure' and wont let me join

punkbuster confirmed for :godwinning:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
We should put Civ 4 on one of the servers and do a pitboss game.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

zen death robot posted:

My suggestion is to do what you like, after all it's your server. Wormskull is probably going to bust your balls and have you running in circles regardless.

Well yeah but I'm not going to go out hunting for map packs or anything right now so if anybody would like other maps that's cool. I'm not going to remove the map just for wormscrub though.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I happen to love space and hope one day to live on a space station thumbing my teeth at the earth poors.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
how bout some ut tonite

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Sounds good, I'll join in a few minutes.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Falsum posted:

Sounds good, I'll join in a few minutes.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
why is the ut2k4 server running an ut99 mutator? the rocket launcher is garbage now and the sniper rifle is really overpowered

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is the settings ZDR's server is using considered "OSP" or w/e.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

W/e it's called, while it's in that mode you should have like ztn or non-cpma versions of some of the maps since from messing around a little bit converting my cfg over I realized a lot of them are more or less designed with cpma's physics if not all its mechanics in mind.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I need to invent a drug that makes game time seemingly as long as work time. Like LSD but where I can actually play and not die.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Wormskull posted:

W/e it's called, while it's in that mode you should have like ztn or non-cpma versions of some of the maps since from messing around a little bit converting my cfg over I realized a lot of them are more or less designed with cpma's physics if not all its mechanics in mind.

definitely should add the basic q3a maps to the maplist, a lot of the cpma maps are basically impossible to traverse with vq3 physics

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Kazvall posted:

I need to invent a drug that makes game time seemingly as long as work time. Like LSD but where I can actually play and not die.

I used to wreck fools at 1.6 on acid occasionally. I usually did not stick around for more than a map though, because the Counter Strike community is usually pretty toxic and that's not what you need around you.

Thank you for reading my story about wonderful hallucinogenic drugs, and also video games.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
can you edit the icon of party random weapon map and replace it with e1m1 from dwango or something

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Whats the pop like on the Ut2k4 server? If it gets used, when do people get together on it?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Finally unlocked adventure mode in d3 hardcore.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Eonwe posted:

Whats the pop like on the Ut2k4 server? If it gets used, when do people get together on it?

Usually when someone puts an announcement in the steam group.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

can you edit the icon of party random weapon map and replace it with e1m1 from dwango or something

Is it a .wad or a .pck?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Eonwe posted:

Around. 8pm est most nights

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Eonwe posted:

usually like 6 people on weekdays

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

zen death robot posted:

I should I put the UT2K4 server on the master server list?

i'm okay with killing pubbies.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Was it missing stuff when you ran /listmap or tried to call a vote to switch it to Vanilla Q3A? I'm willing to change up whatever, but it should let you change things around through the voting system for the most part.

Note I said *should*, there may be some buggy things here and there.

the maplist only has the default cpma maps

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Was it missing stuff when you ran /listmap or tried to call a vote to switch it to Vanilla Q3A? I'm willing to change up whatever, but it should let you change things around through the voting system for the most part.

Note I said *should*, there may be some buggy things here and there.

It was using vanilla movement and item mechanics when I joined earlier, I was just saying it's using maps made for cpma like the cpma version of phrantic, presumably the cpma version of dm13, that cpma map where it's I believe literally impossible to touch the mega health without cpma physics (or rocket jumping I guess), etc.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just meant if your gonna include that ruleset I'd make sure the maps appropriate for it are in the list as well which would be the popular and standard vq3 maps. The ones that come with cpma seem like their mostly made for the cpma ruleset.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Actually it's probably best if I lock down one port to just CPMA and another to Vanilla. Then this poo poo wont happen.

all you need to do to the cpma serv is put up all the vq3 maps to it and its perfect. theres really no need to make a vanilla server

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is there no way to vote between them. It seems like their both built into cpma or w/e.