Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

lokk posted:

As a tank, is there any added benefit to choosing the "Join party in progress" option? Or is it the same rewards but the added chance you might just have one boss left (or an empty party).

Also gently caress I need to transfer to Excalibur my FC on behemoth is lame as gently caress and never talks so I feel like I'm playing a single player game :(

Always join in Progress if you can, you can end up at the final boss and getting full rewards pretty easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Leal posted:

I've played Guild Wars 2 and Planetside 2 and there is just something about 1v1v1 PVP that makes nerds really adverse to actually fighting eachother and instead just form a circle to run around and capturing objectives unopposed while they let any objectives behind them fall undefended.

Oh man, can you join as a party? poo poo like this means the second you have even slightly competent players coordinating you're going to win a ton of matches. I'm down for some loving golden lion armor.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Robo Reagan posted:

Oh man, can you join as a party? poo poo like this means the second you have even slightly competent players coordinating you're going to win a ton of matches. I'm down for some loving golden lion armor.

Up to 8 people, yes, but the whole group must be made up of the same Grand Company affiliation (so only Maelstrom members, etc).

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kyrosiris posted:

Up to 8 people, yes, but the whole group must be made up of the same Grand Company affiliation (so only Maelstrom members, etc).

So everyone in DGKK and probably PBC, got it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Robo Reagan posted:

So everyone in DGKK and probably PBC, got it.

Nah, it's based on the individual's GC affiliation, not their FC's. Like, I'm Maelstrom, but a lot of people in DGKK are Twin Adders, for example. I can't party with them for Frontlines.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

poo poo excalibur was open earlier and now it's closed. It's 330 right now though and I just finished making my character....

Is there a way I can just come back later? I don't want to join anything that doesn't currently have goons on it?

Also: im impressed this looks like it looks so good and runs so well at mostly max settings on my 750ti (i changed a few things and it looks like the same as max but also runs 60fps)

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

poo poo excalibur was open earlier and now it's closed. It's 330 right now though and I just finished making my character....

Is there a way I can just come back later? I don't want to join anything that doesn't currently have goons on it?

Also: im impressed this looks like it looks so good and runs so well at mostly max settings on my 750ti (i changed a few things and it looks like the same as max but also runs 60fps)

save your characters looks and come back later when it's open, it'll never be open around this time fyi. Try again in about 6-8 hours.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Speaking of armour are there pictures anywhere of the various green dungeon sets (Siphani, Vermillion etc)? I need to clean out my retainer's inventory but I want to save cool poo poo for glamours but getting every single piece of armour out one by one is tiring.

VVV Tataru fuckin' owns.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Aug 9, 2014

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Note Block posted:

This is a weird request but can someone with the Lightning hair post a screenshot of what it looks like with a hat/helm on?

Let me know if this works for you.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Today's countdown pic is one of Sultana. Hail Sultana! For Coin and Country!

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Does gear get any different later on with like set bonuses and procs and other stuff?

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
There are no set bonuses or procs planned currently. Future considerations may be made, but don't plan for it.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

WYA posted:

Does gear get any different later on with like set bonuses and procs and other stuff?

Stats only. If I remember right that bluegartr link with all the compiled info might've said they're toying with the idea of expanding on that sort of thing in the future, but not for now.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

jwang posted:

Today's countdown pic is one of Sultana. Hail Sultana! For Coin and Country!

That gobbue in the background, though :cry:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Iowa posted:

Let me know if this works for you.

Perfect, thanks! Ah Roegadames look great with that hairstyle too.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

dangersandwich posted:

You don't need a static.

At least on Excalibur, it's not uncommon to find a static group in the party finder that needs a replacement for the week because one of their static members is on vacation. That's how I first beat T5, and ended up being introduced to a linkshell full of cool people that occasionally need ringers like me. Of course, this means you need to read up on mechanics and spend at least one night a week practicing said mechanics in a pub party, since none of those statics are going to carry you.

Our static did this last night and picked up a pubbie BLM and BRD. The BLM was poo poo and one of our static guys showed up late so we kicked him but the BRD quickly figured the fight out in spite of having only seen it a few times and being about i93 and we got our first clear (finally, holy gently caress). We forgot to take a pic in T6 but here's one from the start of T7.

Now for weeks of trying not to kill someone as we repeatedly petrify each other.

robodex posted:

We only own one keyboard and my partner uses it to play on PC :colbert:

(Half the time I just get him to say stuff for me :v:)

You can get a second fully functional USB keyboard for less than the price of a month's sub, so you might want to consider it.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

dangersandwich posted:

At least on Excalibur, it's not uncommon to find a static group in the party finder that needs a replacement for the week because one of their static members is on vacation.

This is a serious pro-tip if you know you can clear something but can't find a good party.

Watch the Party Finder and if a 6/8 or 7/8 group suddenly pops up get in there ASAP because odds are it's a static. I one-shotted Moogle Extreme because I knew what to do (I'm BLM so it's pretty easy) and the other 7 people were coordinating on TeamSpeak.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Ciaphas posted:

That gobbue in the background, though :cry:

hey

HEY

I brought you some flowers

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

SpazmasterX posted:

hey

HEY

Goobues are so :kimchi:

Also I cleared Ramuh Ex today a couple times, what a neat fight.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
The music for Ramuh owns.

Speaking of which:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5TcgHtRNfA

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SpazmasterX posted:

hey

HEY

Aaaahhhh. :cry:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

This guy's hit on me at least twice in the past, too.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

kirbysuperstar posted:

This guy's hit on me at least twice in the past, too.

That's nothing.

kbell
Jan 28, 2009
So I'm thinking about buying the game, I enjoyed the trial and got a gladiator to 20 (tanking is easy). But I'm on the wrong server and I'd rather have the game on Steam. I'm not worried about losing my progress and waiting for Excalibur to open up. But is there any benefit to having the game through Steam? Will Steam let me skip the patcher or does it make me log into steam and then log into my square enix account?

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

kbell posted:

So I'm thinking about buying the game, I enjoyed the trial and got a gladiator to 20 (tanking is easy). But I'm on the wrong server and I'd rather have the game on Steam. I'm not worried about losing my progress and waiting for Excalibur to open up. But is there any benefit to having the game through Steam? Will Steam let me skip the patcher or does it make me log into steam and then log into my square enix account?
You still have to log in through the normal game launcher and use that to patch the game. The one bonus of having the game through steam is being able to use Steam Wallet funds to pay for your subscription.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

kbell posted:

Steam makes you log into both. It might be possible to skip Steam and boot straight into the patcher, but it's definitely not possible to skip the patcher and just log into Steam.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I just added the FFXIV launcher as a non-Steam game since I got it via Amazon. Perfectly workable, though it's about 50/50 whether the Steam overlay will capture screenshots or not when I hit F12.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I really wish this game would steal the Guild Wars 2 auction house system with purchase orders.

I'm really sick of needing 5 of an item but only seeing it in stacks of 99 on the AH.

Stufoo
May 9, 2010

Everybody Loves Me
and that's just about as funky as I can be

Mordiceius posted:

I'm really sick of needing 5 of an item but only seeing it in stacks of 99 on the AH.

1.0 was better

kbell
Jan 28, 2009
Ah alright, that is disappointing, I guess I won't worry about getting it on steam then. Thanks!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
In case you didn't get your fill of WeiShan and their crew in the last thread before it got locked and closed:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/185383-Your-thoughts-on-the-direction-of-this-game

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Verranicus posted:

In case you didn't get your fill of WeiShan and their crew in the last thread before it got locked and closed:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/185383-Your-thoughts-on-the-direction-of-this-game

I was getting increasingly angry/frustrated until

quote:

Many XI/1.23 player had already warned that ARR won't have the longevity like XI/XIV1.23 did.

LOL

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

XIV won't be as good as XI until it has Blue Mage IMO

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Verranicus posted:

I cannot handle the conversation going on in this thread. Apparently Tanaka had vision but no direction and Toshi-P has direction but no vision. What a load of bollocks.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Volt Catfish posted:

XIV won't be as good as XI until it has Blue Mage IMO

I want Dancer, if only for the salsa outfit.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Volt Catfish posted:

XIV won't be as good as XI until it has Red Mage IMO

You wrong end of the color spectrum, mate.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ActionZero posted:

I cannot handle the conversation going on in this thread. Apparently Tanaka had vision but no direction and Toshi-P has direction but no vision. What a load of bollocks.

From the OP of that thread

quote:

Im posting this because after almost a year of my TIME im finally fed up with what they have done to this game. Its a Time sink. Plain and simple and not even an enjoyable one at that. The community is very entitled, and youtube has ruined the game in itself, I canceled my sub today and I am very saddened to have to have done so. Hunts are an just terrible. It now takes 20 mins to que up for a hard mode. Materia is through the roof in pricing almost 400k for 1........ I need 75...... I cant believe they made it so easy to obtain 110 gear. Now to get anything in this game at this point is to hurry and run to a zone for a hunt or sit around crafting to break things down for materia.... Neither are fun!!! This is all my opinion so say what you like that's why I am taking the time to post this.

Irony is dead.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ActionZero posted:

Actually, I think it's kind of amazing how we've come so far as a species that instead of starving to death in a ditch because you couldn't catch a mammoth, you can instead spend days/weeks/months of your life having no clue what you really want out of your anime cat girl simulator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I can only read those threads a bit at a time because of how frustrated they make me (coupled with the fact that I'm temp banned from the forums so I can't even tell these people how wrong they are).

EDIT: I see some of you guys in there, now. Laughing at the idiots claiming ARR would be a failure if it didn't have 1.23 to stand on.

• Locked thread