Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

We're set to bring the pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Jazzimus Prime posted:

I hope everyone's builds are finalized, because they'll be locked in later tonight when I run the first few matches.

1/3 of Small and Mighty are ready to roll. Can't speak for the others, but they kick my rear end every time I test the macros, so :shrug:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

If we do make it past the qualifiers, Meat and Two Veg, we probably should try to strategize a little. As-is though I think we have a solid, competent start with the points allotted.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Ramc posted:

If we do make it past the qualifiers, Meat and Two Veg, we probably should try to strategize a little. As-is though I think we have a solid, competent start with the points allotted.

Sure, we can change things up if we need to. We'll see if our current strategy of poke, slash and smash needs improving.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

1/3 of Small and Mighty are ready to roll. Can't speak for the others, but they kick my rear end every time I test the macros, so :shrug:

Make that 2/3. :getin:

e: For the record, I have no goddamn idea what I'm doing (besides praying, I guess.)

Zwingley fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 10, 2014

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Yeah well, at least one member of Four Arms, Four Legs, No Pants are ready to rumble/be rumbled! Those other dweebs don't even have a chance. We're backed up by the Spermy Smurf, after all! We got this. :black101:

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!

Reverence posted:

Side bet, my ant stabs Bene Elim in the neck.

Any takers?

How much you got? :unsmigghh:

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Matches being run soon means it's time to place them bets! I've put all my dorfbux on Daggum Polecats, because we will totally win our match. Unless the enemy team has vaguely competent builds.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: I HAVE MODIFIED THE VERSION OF THE DF TO BE USED FOR THE TOURNAMENT :siren:

I have changed arena.txt in the init folder to implement Vox Nihili's FairFight™ Technology. The arena dimensions have changed so that opponents will begin an even number of steps away from each other.

Unlike in the previous tournament, where the arena was shrunk so that opponents would start 10 steps away from each other, the arena has been expanded for this version and opponents now start 12 steps away from each other.

The effect of this is that the faster fighter will almost always get the first strike.

http://arenachallenge.com/dwarffort/df_40_06_arena.zip

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Also, fighter builds and team names are now locked in!

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
I am ready to disappoint team mates, fans, and family members alike. Let's do this thing.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: Test Tournament, Week 1, Match 1 :siren:

Daggum Polecats vs. Lucky Team 13

BOATMURDERED, Dwarfhalla (Dorfsociated Press) -- After an inauspicious start, Lucky Team 13 rode Gorbash's hammer and Gary Barlow's wrestling skills to a 3-0 victory over the Daggum Polecats.

Harold Bird scored an early hit with his steel halberd to Gorbash's leg, bringing the minotaur to the ground where he endured a flurry of punches from Knuckle Dragger's slade-gauntleted fists that bruised Gorbash's internal organs. However, Gorbash scored a hit of his own from the ground with his silver hammer, shattering Harold Bird's ankle and knocking the human unconscious from pain, then smashing Knuckle Dragger's foot into jelly with another hammer strike, knocking the gremlin unconscious as well. Meanwhile, Ant Agonist battled Gary Barlow to a stalemate nearby, with neither fighter able to land an attack.

Sniffles connected with an arrow to the unconscious Harold Bird just before Gorbash smashed the human's head for a killing blow. Gary Barlow then picked up Knuckle Dragger by the head and tossed it to Gorbash like a softball. Gorbash responded by hitting the gremlin's body for a home run, sending the tiny creature flying and splattering him all over the arena wall.

Now fighting all alone, Ant Agonist landed a strike with her whip which broke Gorbash's spine, paralyzing the minotaur. However, as the antwoman unleashed a flurry of bone-breaking whip strikes on the now-helpless minotaur in an attempt to finish him off, molemarian Gary Barlow picked up the antwoman and threw her against the wall, exploding her body into ichor.

The Daggum Polecats will be resurrected to face The Wild Animals next weekend, and Lucky Team 13 will be healed to take on Team Tiny Arms.

Kills - Gorbash 2, Gary Barlow 1

Combat Log

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Aug 11, 2014

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

I was hoping I'd get home in time to tweak my build, but oh well. Godspeed, Antoinette!
Also, go Ant Agonist for not being pulped immediately.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Gorbash: Death is all around us. This cannot horrify me.

Well, you sure showed them. :stare:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ignite Memories posted:

I love your build, it's so wildcard. It will either fail spectacularly or succeed spectacularly.

Uhhhhhh you have no idea of my track record with such outcomes, do you.

I mean come on, it was a gremlin with slade gauntlets.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 10, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Holy poo poo Wrestling is now amazing. :stare:

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

SynthOrange posted:

Holy poo poo Wrestling is now amazing. :stare:

Hopefully that means my gimmick build will succeed. Jazzimus, how fast can we expect you to run and write up the matches?

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007

"Gorbash" posted:

Gorbash: Death is all around us. This cannot horrify me.

Wow, archers really fire quite slowly now.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Whatnow? I was just about to claim that I was planning on designing my "real" build tomorrow, and now Gary Barlow has killed someone.

Maybe he deserved that OBE after all.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I won 1200 dorfbux for my bet of 500 dorfbux against my own team, so it's not a total loss. :homebrew:

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Woe be to he who doesn't armor up the ankles.

Jesus Christ, Gorbash.

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!

Bad Munki posted:

Uhhhhhh you have no idea of my track record with such outcomes, do you.

I mean come on, it was a gremlin with slade gauntlets.
What on Armok's bloody earth made you think that they might work? It's like trying to fight with your hands in concrete blocks!

And no, I will not accept rampant stupidity as an excuse. Even you aren't that dumb.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bene Elim posted:

And no, I will not accept rampant stupidity as an excuse. Even you aren't that dumb.

Bad Munki posted:

I won 1200 dorfbux for my bet of 500 dorfbux against my own team, so it's not a total loss. :homebrew:

The fix is in.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Bene Elim posted:

What on Armok's bloody earth made you think that they might work? It's like trying to fight with your hands in concrete blocks!

Ehh, he was also a level 14 striker, level 14 armor user, level 12 dodger, and some odd number of levels in fighting. And in his defense, he was bruising up his foe pretty well for a while, until he took an unlucky shot that literally exploded his foot. v:shobon:v

But I didn't really think it would work. However, if it had worked? Would've been fuckin' awesome, man.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

Ehh, he was also a level 14 striker, level 14 armor user, level 12 dodger, and some odd number of levels in fighting. And in his defense, he was bruising up his foe pretty well for a while, until he took an unlucky shot that literally exploded his foot. v:shobon:v

But I didn't really think it would work. However, if it had worked? Would've been fuckin' awesome, man.

Choosing a race with more strength probably would have worked out for you better. If you picked a human, you could even make boxing jokes.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: Test Tournament, Week 1, Match 2 :siren:

Team Tiny Arms vs. The Wild Animals

BOATMURDERED, Dwarfhalla (Dorfsociated Press) -- Short arms proved to be no match for savage beasts, as The Wild Animals cruised to a 3-0 victory over Team Tiny Arms.

The Wild Animals quickly took control as King immediately knocked out I'll strangle you by clawing off half of the strangler's face. As the strangler lapsed into unconsciousness from the pain, One-eyed Willie finished him off with a spear to the head.

As Axel the Dark Hero and Sunny battled one another nearby, Antoinette was quickly knocked down with a severe leg injury after a punch from King, and the antwoman soon passed out from pain after One-eyed Willie destroyed two of her arms with a spear thrust and a shield bash. Meanwhile, King turned his attention to Axel the Dark Hero, bruising the dwarf's guts with a strike to the abdomen. This distraction was enough to allow Sunny to land an axe strike to Axel's ribs, tearing apart the dwarf's mighty liver.

As One-Eyed Willie finished off the unconscious Antoinette with a spear strike to the head, King and Sunny continued to beat on the unconscious Axel, with Sunny finally landing the killing blow with a decapitating strike from his axe.

Team Tiny Arms will be resurrected to face Lucky Team 13 next weekend, and The Wild Animals will be healed to take on Daggum Polecats.

Kills - One-eyed Willie 2, Sunny 1

Combat Log

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Aug 13, 2014

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
nothing to see here
move along

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Cha-ching~

Also the combat log seems to be the one from the previous fight. Beaten!

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:ughh: I realized I uploaded the wrong log and thought I could fix it before anyone noticed.

It's fixed now, try reloading it.

It's full of gems like this:

quote:

One-eyed Willie: Death issss all around usss. The horror conssumesss me!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
My strangler can do great things if it isn't killed immediately! Apparently I needed better head protection...

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

quote:

King immediately knocked out I'll strangle you

quote:

Antoinette was quickly knocked down with a severe leg injury after a punch from King

quote:

King turned his attention to Nutkicker, bruising the dwarf's guts with a strike to the abdomen

e:

quote:

King grabs Nutkicker by the first finger, left hand with his left upper arm!
Sunny hacks Nutkicker in the upper body with his iron battle axe, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the right floating ribs and tearing apart the liver through the small copper breastplate!

THE OL GRAB N STAB

King Cohort fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Aug 10, 2014

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Holy poo poo, reading through that combat log, One-Eyed Willie is DEADLY with that spear :stare:

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

Antoinette wasn't the one decapitated! VICTORY

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Neurion posted:

Holy poo poo, reading through that combat log, One-Eyed Willie is DEADLY with that spear :stare:

Based on some minor testing I was doing earlier, spears in general seem to be pretty fierce this time around. Makes me wish I'd gone with my Nick the Greek build.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

King Cohort posted:

Woe be to he who doesn't armor up the ankles.

Jesus Christ, Gorbash.

I considered it, but Minotaurs get so few points to work with! I really wanted some shield user and armor user in there, so something had to go...

It worked out in the end, at least. Gorbash seems to be a nightmare whether standing or on the ground writhing in pain.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Iunnrais posted:

I considered it, but Minotaurs get so few points to work with! I really wanted some shield user and armor user in there, so something had to go...

It worked out in the end, at least. Gorbash seems to be a nightmare whether standing or on the ground writhing in pain.

I wasn't so much referring to Gorbash as to the guys whose feet he exploded. :vince:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

That guy was a gremlin, it's like smashing a gerbil's feet, not exactly difficult, especially considering the lack of footwear on said gremlin. ;)

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Bad Munki posted:

That guy was a gremlin, it's like smashing a gerbil's feet, not exactly difficult, especially considering the lack of footwear on said gremlin. ;)

I'm more impressed by the fact he managed to hit a target that small, really.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Dammit Nutkicker! You cost me all of my dorfbux! :argh:

At least he was doing well at avoiding everything until he got gutshot? :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Zwingley posted:

Make that 2/3. :getin:

e: For the record, I have no goddamn idea what I'm doing (besides praying, I guess.)

His Lordship, Mayor of Nilbog, and His obedient war-pets are prepared for victory.

• Locked thread