Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Damonic
Jan 17, 2006

Mr Hands Colon posted:

OH NO!!!!! You heard it here first, folks.

I don't think you can say that's a dog whistle. It's more of a dog horn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

mojo1701a posted:

That was always my problem with Futurama's portrayal of him: he never said anything remotely anti-Semitic.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Richard_Nixon Ctrl-F for 'Jew'.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Mr Hands Colon posted:

This is obviously the fault of a recent increase in home-schooling.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Sir Tonk posted:

This is obviously the fault of a recent increase in-

Aborted white babies.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
White people don't wanna go to school anymore because they're afraid of the other students playing The Knockout Game. :(

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Mr Hands Colon posted:

What's the problem drudge? Are you suggesting that minorities are treated somehow differently?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Sarah Paln channel continues to provide

quote:

“We believe”? Wait, I thought fast food joints, hurh. Don’t you guys think that they’re like of the Devil or somethin’ I was. Liberals, you want to send those evil employees who would dare work at a fast food joint then ya just don’t believe in, thought you wanted to, I dunno, send them to Purgatory or somethin’ so they all go VEGAN and, uh, wages and picket lines I dunno they’re not often discussed in Purgatory, are they? I dunno why are you even worried about fast food wages because dha.

Well, we believe an America where minimum wage jobs they’re not lifetime gigs they’re stepping stone”

Guys, I think she malfunctioned or had a stroke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5ogJjmgpLM

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 10, 2014

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

What the everloving gently caress

How can anyone in the GOP possibly feel it is good for their party for this person to receive any kind of exposure or publicity at all?

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

I swear she's an alien who learned the english language phonetically but never quite got the nuances right.

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

At some point we are going to have to enforce a :nms: tagging policy for poo poo like that

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

This is pure word salad, just nonsense. Those are words that exist in the English language but there is no meaningful order to them. Why would anyone, even some mentally deficient teabagger, admire this poo poo. Besides even the incredibly poor structure of her sentences the delivery by itself is so painfully awkward.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

I talk like that when I get high on Vicodin.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I mean, I understand what she's saying. I speak Palinese:

"Why would you concern yourselves with the wages of fast food workers, liberals? Isn't fast food bad for you? So why worry about the people who serve it, shouldn't they burn in hell?"

That's it.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

I think she's intending to be wryly humorous but her "jokes" are terrible and don't make sense unless you're full of liberal-hating bile and resentment like she is, which makes her come off as uncomfortably strange.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
She's jabbing at a bunch of weird strawman beliefs that no real person has. Which is perfect for her audience.

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx

SedanChair posted:

I mean, I understand what she's saying. I speak Palinese:

Does anybody here speak jive?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Maybe Palin has figured out the ultimate grift: getting the GOP or its superPACs to slide her money just to keep her mouth shut and stay off TV and Facebook.

Palin performance art just consists of wingnut code words and phrases, not even strung together into any kind of coherent sentences. She just has to utter them. She just has to utter them for her fans to squeal in approval, the mere uttering of the catchphrases.

Eventually there won't even be words, only grunts and eyebrow gestures that the wingnut faithful will exchange knowingly.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

People say she's drunk or on drugs, I think she's just becoming more comfortable in her skin. She feels protected by the collective embrace of her dumb followers, which makes her feel legitimate and comfortable enough to let her guard down. The news media has become so accepting of extremist conservatives that she now has cover to just act like an idiot and not get called out on it, except by maybe MSNBC. Besides....she was almost a heartbeat away from the most powerful position on the loving earth, which I'm sure adds to her feelings of legitimacy. :rolleyes: Also, she's making a good living being an idiot. So why should she worry about appearing coherent to a bunch of elitist liberals?

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
So I was doing some errands and scrolling through the radio. I found a right wing talk station for the first time and it was Larry Kudlow. He was interviewing Newt Gingrich. Kudlow kept bringing up a statistic implying that the lower unemployment benefits created a rise in jobs. Then they both started calling for a second Contract With America. Gingrich specifically suggested they try to find 5 main political goals to enact after, as they suggest, the republicans win both the house and the senate in the fall.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

McAlister posted:

Does anybody here speak jive?

Chump don't want no help, chump don't get no help. Jive-rear end mother....

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Why can't Palin be both stupid as hell AND on drugs?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I wonder if tabloids running stories about PALIN'S PILLS would be too much of an overlap with their own audience to consider.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
The best thing about that video is that what we saw was the best take. That's the best version they shot that day and what we didn't see was even worse.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Zwabu posted:

What the everloving gently caress

How can anyone in the GOP possibly feel it is good for their party for this person to receive any kind of exposure or publicity at all?
It makes sense if you think about the Palin Channel as her quarantine zone.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
I guarantee nobody from the GOP establishment is involved with Sarah Palin's Private Web Zone. It has nothing to do with anything that's good for the party or good for the country. She's just trying to make a buck off all the people driven to desperation over John Boehner not impeaching the Kenyan in the White Hut. It's just like all the other PAC's and Tea Party groups. None of them actually give a poo poo. It's all about mining personal data to package into lists to rent to campaigns and other PAC's while giving the users the privilege of paying $15/month.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
At some point even her biggest fans must find her forced folksiness tiresome.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

computer parts posted:

Screamo is literally 8 years old, it's not new in the slightest.

screamo is more than 8 years old
:goonsay:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

BlackIronHeart posted:

The best thing about that video is that what we saw was the best take. That's the best version they shot that day and what we didn't see was even worse.

That struck me as well. Some poor defeated soul had to make that call. "Yep, that's the one. That's the one we will use....Jesus Christ." :shepicide:

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

That struck me as well. Some poor defeated soul had to make that call. "Yep, that's the one. That's the one we will use....Jesus Christ." :shepicide:

I'd like to believe that was the only take.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Palin is clearly putting zero effort into this. I would be shocked if anyone paying for this amazing content is spending more than five minutes a day on the site. They're treating it as a gesture of support, not expecting to actually get anything meaningful from it.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Ninjasaurus posted:

It's most likely this.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The full video is just beautiful

https://sarahpalinchannel.com/updates/a-conservative-response-to-elizabeth-warrens-progressive-commandments/

quote:

We believe in science and God's magnificent creation overflowing with natural resources. That means we have a responsibility to honor Him by protecting the earth as we develop our resources in an environmentally sound way for mankind's use."

quote:

"We believe women have a right to their bodies, just as babies have a right to their living, breathing bodies nestled in a mother's womb. And anyone who wants contraception, more power to you. Continue to freely buy any kind you want, no one is stopping you. We'll fight for the right of private businesses, including Hobby Lobby, to work with you to figure out health-care coverage themselves in any way the owners of these businesses (that they built themselves) want to, knowing that government intervention just always screws everything up.

quote:

"We stand for free men and free markets--the twin ideals that made this nation strong, peaceful, and prosperous. We say, God Bless America. We hope you say the same, Senator Warren."

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 10, 2014

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
When did she hire Charlie Kelly to write her segments?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Sean Hannity tweets like a teenager

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 10, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Ninjasaurus posted:

Yeah she doesn't have the work ethic to do multiple takes.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Sean Hannity: do not insult my penis!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
It really can't be understated how much of a lame insecure dork Hannity is. He's like an 8 on the 0-to-Allen West scale. It's hilarious when he starts gloating about his martial arts personal trainer on his radio show.

BuckT.Trend
Apr 22, 2003

My god, it's full of stars!
I can't take a screen shot, but one of YouTube's suggested videos on that Palin clip was the infamous Miss Teen USA video - the one about "U.S. Americans" and finding Iraq on a map.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Good Citizen posted:

It really can't be understated how much of a lame insecure dork Hannity is. He's like an 8 on the 0-to-Allen West scale. It's hilarious when he starts gloating about his martial arts personal trainer on his radio show.

I bet he was secretly miffed and a little jealous when West coined the phrase "American Ronin"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Paper Triangle posted:

When did she hire Charlie Kelly to write her segments?

Holy poo poo, reading that last quote in the post before yours in Charlie's voice really drove that home. We need to get Charlie Day to just read Palin speeches.