Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Emanuel Collective posted:

Jim Utter ‏@jim_utter 4m
NEWS: Sources close to Stewart say at this time, Stewart still plans to compete in Sunday's race at Watkins Glen International.

jesus christ

That would just be a terrible terrible idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Rand McNally posted:

Does he have a wife?

He does not.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Jim Utter ‏@jim_utter 4m
NEWS: Sources close to Stewart say at this time, Stewart still plans to compete in Sunday's race at Watkins Glen International.

jesus christ

You missed the bit where Stewart has already gone back to Watkins Glen. He isn't even being held. :laffo:

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
I'm not a fancy NASCAR driver or anything but if I had just killed someone at my job I'd probably not go in the next day

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Rand McNally posted:

Does he have a wife? Better start transferring stuff into her name...

<----------nope

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Even if it were a complete accident I would be mentally unable to get into a car and race it the day after I killed someone racing a car. I can't imagine somebody won't step in and prevent Stewart from racing tomorrow.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'm not a fancy NASCAR driver or anything but if I had just killed someone at my job I'd probably not go in the next day

Vince Russo worked the Raw after Over the Edge so I think it's ok??

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Peanut President posted:

You missed the bit where Stewart has already gone back to Watkins Glen. He isn't even being held. :laffo:

Um, do they have metal detectors at the gate there? Just curious.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I really hope that NASCAR, upstanding governing body that it is, forces him not to race if that's true.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Rand McNally posted:

Be careful posting things like that friend. Stewart might be revving up right BEHIND YOU!!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Rand McNally posted:

Security at a NASCAR event is how big your cooler is most of the time.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Got to see the video right before it was pulled and jesus christ.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

JayKay posted:

Got to see the video right before it was pulled and jesus christ.

I'm surprised by how long it stayed up honestly.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

If Tony does race tomorrow, I'd say it's a safe bet the commentators don't mention a loving thing about what happened.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Guys, can we focus on the real tragedy here. A young popular race car driver had his career cut tragically short tonight. NASCAR will never be the same without Tony Stewart.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

davecrazy posted:

Guys, can we focus on the real tragedy here. A young popular race car driver had his career cut tragically short tonight. NASCAR will never be the same without Tony Stewart.

Sad but true.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Deadspin still has the video up in case anyone feels the morbid desire to watch a guy be killed by Tony Stewart.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Unless the Gopro caught Tony yelling "I'm gonna merc this little poo poo" I'm guessing he's just going to get away with the "the dude ran onto the track, musta had a death wish haha I tried to dodge" defense

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Medical examiner Dr. James Ross has his early autopsy report here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ypot3CYECwE

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

ch3cooh posted:

Medical examiner Dr. James Ross has his early autopsy report here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ypot3CYECwE

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY

FOR GOD SAKES

THE CAR JUST RAN OVER WARD

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I really hope that NASCAR, upstanding governing body that it is, forces him not to race if that's true.

it'll be cool if Tony Stewart literally takes a victory lap after possibly murdering someone

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Youtube still has it up, but yeah.

Look, the kid was a bit of an idiot getting that close to the cars but Tony Stewart, of all people, should know how to control a fuckin car.

e: also that dude's dead as hell, no doubt about that.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
I hope this ends up with Stewart going on to turn into the guy from Duel.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Note to self, do not confront Tony Stewart on foot while he is in a car.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

shiksa posted:

Youtube still has it up, but yeah.

Look, the kid was a bit of an idiot getting that close to the cars but Tony Stewart, of all people, should know how to control a fuckin car.

e: also that dude's dead as hell, no doubt about that.

Well yeah, the local sheriff said as much in his press conference.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Imagine Tony racing tomorrow. And winning.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Imagine Tony reaching the finals of the First-Ever New Super Ultra Omega Hyper-Awesome Chase and then getting arrested.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I mean Tony Stewarts like one of the best road course drivers in Nascar so... fuckkk

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

His lawyer would absolutely not let him do that.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

If I'm the DA in bumfuck upstate New York I wait till he's in his car on the starting line then seen the local law man onto the track to arrest him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

davecrazy posted:

If I'm the DA in bumfuck upstate New York I wait till he's in his car on the starting line then seen the local law man onto the track to arrest him.

He'll just run him over too.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

davecrazy posted:

That'll be what happens in the made for TV movie.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

davecrazy posted:

good luck trying to arrest him while he's armed

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

davecrazy posted:

You want to see Tony get gunned down by State Troopers? Pretty messed up, man.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

How many local officials do you think the France's are bribing right now?

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Someone right now has a broken hand and a hole in the drywall.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
They just attempt to chase him in police cars through however many laps of Watkins Glen

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

davecrazy posted:

and Tony will just take off as his horn blares Dixie

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Seeing the police chase him on track would be interesting. Deploy spike strips, blow tires, go in for a pit stop. Repeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

priznat posted:

They just attempt to chase him in police cars through however many laps of Watkins Glen

Smokey and the Bandit 3

• Locked thread