Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Mr Dog posted:

Getting late here now, but thanks for the offer!

I did manage to find that big pit hall with all the bodies in it, so actually that was kinda fun in the end; mad dash past all the invincible enemies to find and smash their phylacetaries and all. Currently sitting in Dragon Butt lake, all that Petrified Dragon Bone just walking around for the taking :allears:

well, they aren't invincible, you can kill them when they are ghosts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Lost Sinner might be a good bet, as another target is always welcome. Smelter Demon is guaranteed at almost any SM, too! :v:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
hello. I recently acquired the final miracle, sunlight spear, and did not receive the steam achievement. i believe that from software has flagged my account for severe ownage. comments?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I bought a random miracle from another NPC and the achievement popped, if that helps. You sure you have Wrath of God?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

poptart_fairy posted:

I bought a random miracle from another NPC and the achievement popped, if that helps. You sure you have Wrath of God?

i bought it from the ghost man since i'm in ng+4 or whatever

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

poptart_fairy posted:

Lost Sinner might be a good bet, as another target is always welcome. Smelter Demon is guaranteed at almost any SM, too! :v:

I've never had much luck with sinner for summons, Smelter would be my next choice but I'm back to getting summoned every 10-20 seconds, even if most of them are idiots :(

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i bought it from the ghost man since i'm in ng+4 or whatever

Have you murdered Licia yet?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

argondamn posted:

Have you murdered Licia yet?

did it in ng0 and ng2

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i literally have every miracle i checked
and i even confirmed steam friends server was up and purchased multiple other miracles i could have missed (the lovely ones like unveil from straid so now i have 3 copies)

rip me

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
If you feel like being "selfish" while sunbro'ing then wear a Red Eye Ring.

Hosts will have a harder time getting killed in stupid ways when the boss is only paying token attention to them, though this doesn't help much against, say, Old Iron King because that guy is all AoEs with a healthy dash of swan diving into the lava.

Yeah it's boring for the hosts but gently caress those guys, these Sunlight Medals aren't going to earn themselves :colbert: if they want a fun fight as opposed to "Jesus christ gently caress this guy I want to move on already" they can put on their daddy pants and fight the boss one on one.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i was sunbroing final boss / sometimes throne fellas, and people kept getting killed, at sm 25 million

perhaps I should have used the ring

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

THE PENETRATOR posted:

and i even confirmed steam friends server was up and purchased multiple other miracles i could have missed (the lovely ones like unveil from straid so now i have 3 copies)

rip me

Use Steam Achievement Manager because holy poo poo that sucks.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Oh no my cheevos

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

rip me

Do you have Denial? Maybe the DLC spells count now :shrug:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Alabaster White posted:

Do you have Denial? Maybe the DLC spells count now :shrug:

yes

Genocyber posted:

Oh no my cheevos

correct. it's terrible. achievements are all i live for

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I'd like to think I just scared the living poo poo out of somebody

Decided to be an rear end in a top hat and tried red-orb invading in Macduff's Workshop just for kicks. Landed in the world of somebody who appeared to be AFK, so I left some Smooth and Silky Stones in the doorway and kinda just stood there, wearing the Xanthous Set. Imagine coming back from AFK not realising anything is amiss, walking out of the door and seeing that standing there.

I'm not entirely sure what the guy's reaction was, because I was rummaging through my inventory when he noticed me, but I did see him pick them up just as I was fading out (bad lag. Also I couldn't bring myself to actually attack the dude)

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I've just noticed the Herald waves her feather at you when you level up. :3:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Is the server down for anyone else?

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
Yeah, same here.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

So I finally nailed the darklurker (thanks for the help, everyone! :) ) and am in the process of scurrying around getting everything worth getting before I NG+. In the process of doing this, I'm discovering that I really don't have any stat goals anymore. I've played as a STR guy all through NG, comically huge 2h weapon and minimal armor (I have my item discovery and tseldora sets up to +10, no defensive armor upgraded). Currently, my stats are as follows: 10 VGR, 20 END, 18 VIT, 20 ATN, 50 STR, 15 DEX, 4 ADP, 50 INT, 50 FTH. Thus far I've won every single battle by rolling around and thwacking things with my mastodon halberd +10. I have one imbued with lightning for when I played pure STR/FTH, and once I added the INT I got a second +10 and imbued it with dark.

I'm assuming the obvious short-term goal would be to pump VGR to 20 and VIT to 29, as there's no reason *not* to soft cap them, but where do I go from here? Should I just start milking all my lower stats up so I can start abusing Mundane scaling, or jacking VIT well above optimal just so I can fast roll in a full havel's set?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Omi no Kami posted:

So I finally nailed the darklurker (thanks for the help, everyone! :) ) and am in the process of scurrying around getting everything worth getting before I NG+. In the process of doing this, I'm discovering that I really don't have any stat goals anymore. I've played as a STR guy all through NG, comically huge 2h weapon and minimal armor (I have my item discovery and tseldora sets up to +10, no defensive armor upgraded). Currently, my stats are as follows: 10 VGR, 20 END, 18 VIT, 20 ATN, 50 STR, 15 DEX, 4 ADP, 50 INT, 50 FTH. Thus far I've won every single battle by rolling around and thwacking things with my mastodon halberd +10. I have one imbued with lightning for when I played pure STR/FTH, and once I added the INT I got a second +10 and imbued it with dark.

I'm assuming the obvious short-term goal would be to pump VGR to 20 and VIT to 29, as there's no reason *not* to soft cap them, but where do I go from here? Should I just start milking all my lower stats up so I can start abusing Mundane scaling, or jacking VIT well above optimal just so I can fast roll in a full havel's set?

Get some ADP, makes dodging easier, and estus shots faster.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Omi no Kami posted:

10 VGR, 4 ADP

No wonder you were having trouble with Darklurker :stonk: No dodging ability and no HP to sponge hits with? You know 20 VGR and 95 AGL are like, the bare acceptable minimums? I'd go with 30 VGR and 100 AGL at the very least. Also, 20 VIT is enough for your equip load unless you have extremely heavy items. Finally, if you're running Dark equipment, scaling caps out at 30/30 INT/FTH. It's best to just pick an element and center your build around that; being wishy-washy about things will end up with your current nightmarish build. Figure out what you want to aim towards and I can give you some great suggestions for nearly any build.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

My AGL is currently pretty high, it's around 88 last time I checked, but I'll definitely pour some more points into ADP... dark scaling really caps at 30? I had no idea, I'd been assuming they went all the way up to 50.

Speaking of scaling, is the mastodon halberd the obvious choice for a STR weapon? It's surprisingly fast for a large weapon and the damage is absolutely brutal, but the low durability has started to bug me.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The low durability only really bites you in the rear end when you're not hitting with the blade. Hitting with the haft will drain it really quickly.

Also no, there are a shitload of good strength weapons.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Omi no Kami posted:

My AGL is currently pretty high, it's around 88 last time I checked, but I'll definitely pour some more points into ADP... dark scaling really caps at 30? I had no idea, I'd been assuming they went all the way up to 50.

Speaking of scaling, is the mastodon halberd the obvious choice for a STR weapon? It's surprisingly fast for a large weapon and the damage is absolutely brutal, but the low durability has started to bug me.

88 AGL is pretty low. You want 105 at least. To put it in perspective, you have less i-frames than the fat roll from DkS1

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Omi no Kami posted:

85 is actually the bare minimum amount of agility you can have, and Dark scaling is weird since it operates off two stats :v:
The Mastodon Halberd is absolutely fantastic and a completely viable weapon. Just slap on a Bracing Ring or carry some repair powder if you feel like durability is an issue. Other good Strength weapons include the Mastodon Greatsword, Ultra Greatswords, most Hammers and Great Hammers, various Boss Soul weapons, the Gargoyle Bident, Red Rust equipment, and the Stone/Red Iron Twinblades.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 10, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Omi no Kami posted:

88 is really low. Bandit, the class with the lowest Att and Adp (both contribute to Agi) has like 86. You get more iframes at 90, 95, 100, 105, 115, and 120. 105 gives you 13 iframes, which is the same number that the Dark Souls fast roll has.

Dark Scaling caps at 30/30 since that's essentially the same as a full 50 in either.

Other good and fast strength weapons; Mastodon Greatsword, Butcher's Knife, Stone Twinblade, Red Iron Twinblade (currently I'd say Red Iron Winblade is the strongest weapon for raw DPS).

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

My 2H Str guy (currently Pursuer's Ultra Greatsword, soon to be the axe from DLC Queen soul) is basically STR capped and survival capped and I'd like to eek out some more damage. Worth it to level int or faith for a weapon enchant?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Pyrolocutus posted:

My 2H Str guy (currently Pursuer's Ultra Greatsword, soon to be the axe from DLC Queen soul) is basically STR capped and survival capped and I'd like to eek out some more damage. Worth it to level int or faith for a weapon enchant?

If your weapon doesn't have some baseline nonphysical damage then resins are just as good as the best buffs.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Pyrolocutus posted:

The Wrathful Axe (which is actually a halberd) requires 28 faith.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Paracelsus posted:

The Wrathful Axe (which is actually a halberd) requires 28 faith.

Looks like my decision's made for me, then :v:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Also its special attack (a special L2 attack when two-handed to replace the two-handed parry,) is a Dark attack and I think scales like one.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Two things about Wrathful Axe

The Wrathful Axe does indeed have Faith scaling, but its only a requirement for the special attack. Everything else is merely pure physical. If you're pure STR/DEX its one of the strongest halberds even with no investment in Faith at all, since imo the attack can be safely ignored because it takes too loving long and isn't as good as its Dark Souls 1 equivalent (Grant based Wrath of the Gods).

The explosion move requires Faith to use, but is purely dark element. This means that you must also put points into INT to increase its power, since dark scales off both stats. That said, its dark scaling is some of the worst in the game. At 50 Faith/50 INT it increases the power of the explosion by about 20. Not worth the points. If you wanna use the explosion, just level faith unless you just happen to also be some kind of Quality/Dark hybrid aka I'm gonna stack these levels baby!!!!!!

ThePhenomenalBaby fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Aug 10, 2014

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Huh, so the Wrathful Axe's faith scaling gets pumped directly into its physical damage? That's pretty great.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

What the hell? Why does Drangleic Castle suddenly have sky and clouds and poo poo? I miss the "onyx castle suspended in an inky black void" look.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Which bonfire do I ascetic to get another Soul Vessel in the Lost Bastille?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Not sure if we're doing spoilers but just in case.

So I'm playing the DLC and just got to the Gutter 2.0 triple phantom boss fight. What in the everloving gently caress. Is it possible the phantoms somehow scale to your level? I have 50 in STR/DEX/VIT and 40 END and they're wrecking my poo poo like there's no tomorrow. Not to mention the (area enemy spoiler) red-eyed statues and moving statue clumps reached a level of annoyance the original could only ever dreamed of. My opinion of the DLC just went to a literal gutter.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
You're supposed to co-op that area if that helps.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
It doesn't, that's a given.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

lordfrikk posted:

Not sure if we're doing spoilers but just in case.

So I'm playing the DLC and just got to the Gutter 2.0 triple phantom boss fight. What in the everloving gently caress. Is it possible the phantoms somehow scale to your level? I have 50 in STR/DEX/VIT and 40 END and they're wrecking my poo poo like there's no tomorrow. Not to mention the (area enemy spoiler) red-eyed statues and moving statue clumps reached a level of annoyance the original could only ever dreamed of. My opinion of the DLC just went to a literal gutter.

On the right side of the arena, closer to the fog gate than away from it, there's a little ledge you can jump down into some water. Lure the Graverobber and Varg down there and take potshots at the Graverobber while running back up the ramp over and over until he dies. Then, take out the archer. Not-Havel is a little too tough to take on before you kill the other two, and he's still tough even on his own, so don't choke!