Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ratbert90 posted:

You know; it just dawned on me that I will be able to play GTA5 on the shitter with remote play. This is amazing.
What the hell is with people playing games on the shitter anyway? Y'all must have far more comfortable toilets than I ever have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Love hemorrhoids and numb legs

(I'm guilty and am making GBS threads as I type)

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

What the hell is with people playing games on the shitter anyway? Y'all must have far more comfortable toilets than I ever have.

I have a very comfy toilet thank you very much. :colbert:

I also play games at night in bed when the kids are asleep and I don't want to wake them up; so that will be nice as well.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Shadow fall was terrible and full of sections that felt untested. If it hadn't been a launch title no one would have played that poo poo.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

The vita KZ is better tbh and that's sad

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
'Tech demo' as a pejorative gets thrown around a lot but I think it does suit Shadow Fall more than most other games. Fair enough, they needed something to show the PS4 off with, same as Ryse for the XO.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

blackguy32 posted:

Well, the very last section of the game is full of bullshit that rivals that of Killzone 2.

Really? I enjoyed the last mission with a more interesting player character and stealth powers much more than the "This is a Quick Time Event except it lasts four minutes" that came before it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Killzone: SF makes me sad because I feel like they got it so right with Killzone 3 and SF was just a huge step backwards. All the tools were there for it to be Killzone 3 But With More Cool poo poo (The zipline, open-ended areas, the ability to play as a Helghast) but none of it felt well thought-out at all. :(

From what I understand the next game in this series is going to be developed by the Killzone: Mercenaries devs? I hope that pans out better.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I really hope Guerrilla Cambridge (the KZ: Mercenary dudes) have their hands on the next game, because Mercenary is arguably the best game in the franchise.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

JordanKai posted:

Killzone: SF makes me sad because I feel like they got it so right with Killzone 3 and SF was just a huge step backwards. All the tools were there for it to be Killzone 3 But With More Cool poo poo (The zipline, open-ended areas, the ability to play as a Helghast) but none of it felt well thought-out at all. :(

From what I understand the next game in this series is going to be developed by the Killzone: Mercenaries devs? I hope that pans out better.

Same. Killzone 3 was dope af. The zip line was so cool the few times you got to use it effectively. I hope some of those ideas return.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

I haven't tried The Crew's beta, but I did enjoy Test Drive Unlimited 2 even though the cars handled like poo poo.
I just liked driving around and exploring...

I got into the Crew beta as well and the handling was one of the worst I've ever played in any racing game. When you combine the lovely handling with the ridiculous rubberbanding AI, it's makes for an awful racing experience. I would kill to have TDU2's handling for the crew. I will say that the open world stuff and customization was good.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Burnout Paradise had cars with lovely handling and rubberbanding AI and that game was great, I'm gonna need to see more before I make a judgement. Like does every single car have lovely handling or is this a Watch_Dogs situation where some cars have lovely handling by design and people extrapolate that to condemn the whole driving model?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

There's another the crew beta starting on the 25th, not sure if everyone gets in, but might as well try and see for yourself.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Really? I enjoyed the last mission with a more interesting player character and stealth powers much more than the "This is a Quick Time Event except it lasts four minutes" that came before it.

Oops, not that one. I meant the one before that. That one felt like more of a bonus than anything.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
I get the vibe that inFamous and Killzone definitely suffered from being launch/launch window games that needed to deal with new tech. On the surface we know nothing of any troubles, but looking at how inFamous' release date was a total mystery until the end of November 2013 and the launch including a day one patch for adding more NPCs to the world, tweaking graphics, etc. it gives me the idea that they were really stressed for time; in Killzone, there's the weird leap back in the campaign from Killzone 3 and about half the levels feel fully developed but the others feel like "sketches" of levels - areas where the basics are all there, but it needs more tweaking.

On another note, the fact that these graphically pretty games didn't even use all of the PS4's power (both were heavily in development before Sony made the decision to up the RAM) makes me excited for what a game built from the ground up to use it will do. That game will probably involve the words "Naughty Dog."

timeandtide fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 10, 2014

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
When you're in party chat, how does voice chat work when you get in game? Is it seamless? I always think it's being broadcast twice, once in party chat, and then again in the lobby.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Cardboard Fox posted:

When you're in party chat, how does voice chat work when you get in game? Is it seamless? I always think it's being broadcast twice, once in party chat, and then again in the lobby.

If you're in party chat, that's it. There's no hiccup when going from game to game but you won't hear anyone outside of the party and they won't hear you.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

Samurai Sanders posted:

(Typing from my laptop on the shitter) Just because I guess.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.
I got soooooo lucky. Had to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT25QzzY1yM

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

On the topic of sharing, anyone have any idea when the PS4 will get the Youtube app?

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

That was awesome.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Videos like this make me wonder how bad my connection is because I swear I hit people in the torso like four times and they just stand there, turn around and shoot me dead. I get 50Mbps down but only like 1.5 up.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

leidend posted:

Videos like this make me wonder how bad my connection is because I swear I hit people in the torso like four times and they just stand there, turn around and shoot me dead. I get 50Mbps down but only like 1.5 up.

You probably aren't as good as you think you are, and are actually missing most of those shots!

Here's something that the PS4 actually recorded for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BctlP_MB1gk

I do that a lot :smug:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

You probably aren't as good as you think you are, and are actually missing most of those shots!

Wow, I think I'm terrible, so I must be the worst.

I used to mop the floor with people on UT99 back in the day. :(

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Are there a lot of people that play BF4 on PS4?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

So no G27 support on release , no photo mode and no weather system.... I am not understanding why anyone would buy driveclub on day1.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Mustang posted:

I bought it along with a PS4 last week and the servers are absolutely crammed. I heard it had really bad teething problems, but my experience has been absolutely trouble-free so far.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Mustang posted:

Yes.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone got a Vita who replaced their HDD on PS4?

I try to connect my Vita and it errors out. I assume I need to go into Settings>Remote Play > Add a Device.

I do so. It tells me to launch PS4 Link on PS Vita and input this code. <numbers>

I launch PS4 Link on Vita and it gives me an error about not being able to connect because some other user is already connected to it. (There's not.)

[edit] Resolved. Theres Settings hidden in the bottom right button in the PS4 link app in vita where you can choose something like "Change PS4" and then it searches, etc...

Feenix fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 11, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mustang posted:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Feenix posted:

Anyone got a Vita who replaced their HDD on PS4?

I try to connect my Vita and it errors out. I assume I need to go into Settings>Remote Play > Add a Device.

I do so. It tells me to launch PS4 Link on PS Vita and input this code. <numbers>

I launch PS4 Link on Vita and it gives me an error about not being able to connect because some other user is already connected to it. (There's not.)

Yeah I had similar issues, eventually fixed it by messing around with settings. Can't remember exactly what was the culprit unfortunately, just try erasing all Vita connection stuff and re-doing it from scratch.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It'll occasionally lock you out that way after a connection hiccup, even with your Vita already registered. Resetting the PS4 fixes this, but of course if you were remote playing from far away...

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I'm surprised that the PC has the least players. Isn't there a free BF4 week going for that platform too?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Mustang posted:

Yeah, shits packed. It's awesome.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

I saw no bow users in that video :colbert:

DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010

sellouts posted:

So no G27 support on release , no photo mode and no weather system.... I am not understanding why anyone would buy driveclub on day1.

Yeah I was with them until now but that's a deal breaker for me. Seems like the perfect game for a wheel, I wonder what the problem is. The interface for these USB wheels is pretty well known at this point.

Maybe there's no support at the PS4 OS level for USB controllers?

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

DarkJC posted:

Yeah I was with them until now but that's a deal breaker for me. Seems like the perfect game for a wheel, I wonder what the problem is. The interface for these USB wheels is pretty well known at this point.

Maybe there's no support at the PS4 OS level for USB controllers?
Logitech is out of the console peripheral market. If they aren't willing to provide drivers there's not a whole lot Sony can do. Regardless of how well known it might be there could be some major legal issues if they reverse engineer and ship their own drivers for it without getting the go ahead from Logitech.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

That doesn't sound like all the good stories of Logitech being awesome but I guess sending someone a free replacement mouse that cost $4 to manufacture is different from continued development of drivers :(

DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010

Disgustipated posted:

Logitech is out of the console peripheral market. If they aren't willing to provide drivers there's not a whole lot Sony can do. Regardless of how well known it might be there could be some major legal issues if they reverse engineer and ship their own drivers for it without getting the go ahead from Logitech.

They still make and sell their wheels specifically for the Playstation in all of their marketing materials.

edit: Woops, looks like they actually only market it for Playstation 3 support, not PS4.

DarkJC fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Disgustipated posted:

Logitech did say on Twitter awhile back that they're working on PS4 drivers for the G27. Just who knows when they'll get them done. But yeah, it's not the Driveclub developers' fault.

• Locked thread