Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
ANGELS line-up changes!

It's time for the Jorge Soler and Lonnie Chisenhall experience.

vs. RHP w/ DH

1 JASO C
2 ZOBRIST 2B
3 HOSMER 1B
4 QUENTIN DH
5 RASMUS CF
6 CHISENHALL 3B
7 SOLER RF
8 SMITH LF
9 COZART SS

vs. LHP w/DH

1 ZOBRIST 2B
2 SOLER RF
3 QUENTIN DH
4 JONES LF
5 HOSMER 1B
6 CHISENHALL 3B
7 RASMUS CF
8 KRATZ C
9 COZART SS

vs. RHP w/o DH

1 JASO C
2 ZOBRIST 2B
3 HOSMER 1B
4 QUENTIN LF
5 RASMUS CF
6 CHISENHALL 3B
7 SOLER RF
8 COZART SS
9 HURLER P

vs. LHP w/o DH

1 ZOBRIST 2B
2 SOLER RF
3 QUENTIN LF
4 JONES CF
5 HOSMER 1B
6 CHISENHALL 3B
7 KRATZ C
8 COZART SS
9 HURLER P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I resisted because I wanna see more of the actual sim, but I'd love to see my team page (SF Blingee) whenever you get the chance.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Harlock posted:

Put Paco Rodriguez back in as closer, why did the game take him out?

Not sure, but the game has clearly been using him as the closer, he has 30 of the team's 34 saves.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Have the CPU make new lineups for me. I imagine anything it comes up with can't be any shittier than ow my team's hitting now.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Can you put Gillaspie in at third base for Frazier, batting in the same position? Thanks.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

The Cubs

Could you swap the roles for Bryan Shaw and Bethancourt?

Thanks.

The Cubs could use a COF bat and could swap one of our starters and a bat for a (better) bat and a (not as good) starter.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Here's a trade proposal for Fairgame and the Orioles:

Orioles send:

2B/SS Asdrubal Cabrera
LHP/SP Matt Harrison

Cubs send:
LHP/SP Robbie Erlin
2B Mark Ellis

This way you get an upgrade at pitcher while retaining a left-handed starter and you probably get a 2B with more range than Cabrera and who can get on base a little. I'm getting (what should be) an offensive upgrade at 2nd and I think my defense can help Harrison a lot.

FYI, I've had Baltimore in a couple sim leagues and Camden is super dinger friendly. Not sure if that helps you.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Approved.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

could I get a screen shot of my team page

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

FairGame posted:

Approved.

I'll make new lineups/rotation order when I get home tonight.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
I've still got good relievers available if anyone has a bat with a >.600 OPS they are willing to move

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Cubs

Let OOTP generate my depth charts but set the utility 1 line to only start when the starters are tired and the utility 2 line never to start.

Just insert Harrison into my rotation where Erlin was.

Thanks.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Aug 12, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The sim is run, as of last night actually but I got distracted. I had to last minute help with Awful Survivor tonight so I will post the July 31 update along with new requests tomorrow, and give a few more days for trades and requests before the next sim.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

July 31st, 2014

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
Polanco clocks 3 HR in a game, and Moss still gets player of the week? Moss musta had a damned good week!

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Someone in the AL Central needs to calm the gently caress down so Oakland can get a wild card spot.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
The NL West owns and the Blingee will win first place by one game with a 1-0 Wainwright shutout (calling it now).

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Wonder if the NL Central will end the season with at least one team as good as any team in the NL West.

Goddamn you fuckers. NL West best West.

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:

Pander posted:

Wonder if the NL Central will end the season with at least one team as good as any team in the NL West.

Goddamn you fuckers. NL West best West.

:hfive:

Seriously though, if all 5 teams are still in contention come September this is gonna be a loving amazing race. Please lose more.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Manny Machado is listed in the NL League leaders for some reason. Oh well!

Pretty happy with this team so far.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

seiferguy posted:

Manny Machado is listed in the NL League leaders for some reason. Oh well!

:confused:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Oh I misread. I didn't realize you posted a combined AL/NL one. I kept seeing Trout at the top of the list for Colorado. Oops!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

seiferguy posted:

Oh I misread. I didn't realize you posted a combined AL/NL one. I kept seeing Trout at the top of the list for Colorado. Oops!

Oh, yeah the third set is projected end of season stats. Trout is at the top of everything because Mike Trout in Colorado is unfair.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

IcePhoenix posted:

Oh, yeah the third set is projected end of season stats. Trout is at the top of everything because Mike Trout in Colorado is unfair.
Getting the #1 pick somehow was so loving fortuitous. Your check's in the mail IP.

My team's so top-heavy though. My 1-3 are ridiculous, Perez is also doing fine, but I think my bottom 5 are probably, uh, not great.

Seeing Latos throw a shutout is a good sign.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I suppose that given the restrictions on trades and the nature of the league I shouldn't have expected an active deadline. Updates will resume tomorrow night. I'll probably try to finish August by week's end, then September sims will be one week per sim for the playoff race, though I'll try to make turnaround on those faster, and I'll probably skip most of the detailed stuff on odd weeks.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I think we still need team pages. I'd like to make a trade or two but I still havent seen how my team is performing.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

We have another :siren: trade :siren:

Oakland trades:

Max Scherzer
Darin Ruf

to Arizona for:

Josh Beckett
Ryan Howard

the mighty declining power of Ryan Howard, surely the missing piece for this Oakland team

New rotation:

Cole
Wheeler
Griffin
Beckett
Buchholz

Lineup vs. everyone:

1) Everth Cabrera SS
2) Wil Myers RF
3) Nelson Cruz LF
4) Chris Carter DH
5) Alex Guerrero 2B
6) Ryan Howard 1B
7) Mike Moustakas 3B
8) Geovany Soto C
9) Cameron Maybin CF

angrygodofjebus fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 21, 2014

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

angrygodofjebus posted:

We have another :siren: trade :siren:

Oakland trades:

Max Scherzer
Darin Ruf

to Arizona for:

Josh Beckett
Ryan Howard

the mighty declining power of Ryan Howard, surely the missing piece for this Oakland team

Confirmed that I too am re-arranging deck chairs on the AZ Titanic.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Politicalrancor posted:

I think we still need team pages. I'd like to make a trade or two but I still havent seen how my team is performing.

I think you were the only new request. Whoops. I'll allow trades for another sim, since I can just manually make them past the deadline.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

no problem :). I'm willing to move Dee Gordon to upgrade starting pitching depth. Also IcePhoenix I know I'm a pain but can I see my hitting and pitching pages. I didn't realize that I wouldn't see my bench and relievers

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

August 16, 2014

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
4 games up in the AL east with the best offense in the AL? How the gently caress? :psyduck:

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Rigged

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Dingers! Dingers!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Twins are second in the majors in shutouts and have zero complete games :iamafag:

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Politicalrancor posted:

no problem :). I'm willing to move Dee Gordon to upgrade starting pitching depth. Also IcePhoenix I know I'm a pain but can I see my hitting and pitching pages. I didn't realize that I wouldn't see my bench and relievers

You interested in Bartolo colon for dee Gordon?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Cubs are playing ~3 games under our pythag. What did I expect? :effort:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

By the way, for anyone wondering, the ratings on those last two screenshots are using the 20-80 scale.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Looks like Machado was a pretty good pick, after all...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Stop playing 6 games above your pythag A's tia

• Locked thread