Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

NTT posted:

Why is that surprising?

It's quinn and poppy and they have lost more than their fair share of challenger games duoing playing "real" picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Quinn and Poppy is one of the strongest bot lanes in the game. No one will play it because of prejudice against the two best champions in the game.

It's true. The proof is everywhere. Quinn it to Win it, Once you Pop you can't stop.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Poppy is a severely underrated champion that is pretty much unstoppable once she comes online. A lot of people see her painfully awful early game and never give her a chance while failing to realize how much of an invincible carry-deleting rear end in a top hat she can be.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
But Qtpie hates Quinn....

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fun fact: Poppy has the coin support item in her recommended items list (though not as a starting item) because I guess they forgot to update hers when philo stone was replaced by it.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Dr. Video Games 0150 posted:

Speaking of bad Internet connections I have tried to setup one of those tunnel programs (ping zapper) or a VPN service as an alternative to routing through my ISP (Verizon fios) but I'm never able to load into the game after champion select. The error is always my firewall is blocking the game. Is this a port forwarding issue? Has anyone else successfully used a VPN or other service with league?

I have before because of reasons.

Make sure your VPN covers udp. There are a million tools to test this.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I use private tunnel. 20 bux got me 100 gigs of traffic through their service and it only adds 30-50 ping to my latency.

E; free Vpns are rear end, you pretty much need to pay for one.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
http://www.hitbox.tv/andichu

More Bronze Lyfe.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

chumbler posted:

Fun fact: Poppy has the coin support item in her recommended items list (though not as a starting item) because I guess they forgot to update hers when philo stone was replaced by it.

IIRC it also recommends six health pots as her start.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

A champ no one at riot gives a single gently caress about has outdated items in their list?? WHAT??

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

iPhone can't view stream gg.

Real question: why not just use twitch?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

Quinn and Poppy is one of the strongest bot lanes in the game. No one will play it because of prejudice against the two best champions in the game.

It's true. The proof is everywhere. Quinn it to Win it, Once you Pop you can't stop.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

NTT posted:

Twitch is pulling some really stupid content-licensing bullshit so a lot of people are migrating away from it.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

NTT posted:

http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/3136/

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Sounds like some crybaby bitch poo poo

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

ImpAtom posted:

Twitch is pulling some really stupid content-licensing bullshit so a lot of people are migrating away from it.

No one important has switched from Twitch to a site run by con artists. Anyone who wants to stream music and have vods can still do so since it is just Audible Magic and ways to avoid it are all over the internet.

Hitbox is fine for the smallfolks since there is a very small live delay so it is easier to interact with your viewers.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

NTT posted:

Sounds like some crybaby bitch poo poo

30 minutes of vods can get muted for a few seconds of audio, not even an entire song or something.

I had it happen to me when I tried to upload a video of Dirt 3 to youtube for my friends, there was a few seconds of a song after a race so I got a copyright infringement despite it coming under fair use because it was literally a few seconds. Googles system is bullshit and the American music industry are complete assholes. I'm sure the 5s MAX of your song totally cost you sales.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

There are a few champions that actually benefit greatly from eating camps just because they can do it so blindingly fast. Malzahar comes to mind. It's balls easy to kill mid tower incredibly early then power farm a few jungle camps until nothing can get near you without dying instantly. Part of the reason it's a good strategy is that it's really hard to prevent you from doing it and champs like Malz chew through camps so quickly it's barely slowing you down elsewhere. This is especially true of wraiths. They're like...right there and he can wreck the whole camp in seconds. It can be a very good idea for Malz to shove the lane up to the second tower after he's killed the first then eat some wraiths on the way to roam somewhere.

It really depends on how fast the champ in question can clear the camps, who your jungler is, and what you plan on doing otherwise. Even so, in the case of Malzahar I'm probably going to farm the poo poo out of wraiths if my jungler isn't Udyr.

It's pretty much a necessity to eat as much of the jungle as possible on Mordekaiser. 100% of his potential comes from powerfarming, if he's not ahead he's dead.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I have both and I don't really care either way. Twitch is a pain in the rear end to edit with, and I like the UI for Hitbox better. But if my ~fans~ prefer Twitch...

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I have both and I don't really care either way. Twitch is a pain in the rear end to edit with, and I like the UI for Hitbox better. But if my ~fans~ prefer Twitch...

I'm just saying that I couldn't view it on my phone mate that's all

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The main reason I don't stream is because I can't see any reason why anyone would watch someone (myself included) play video games who isn't already internet famous for playing video games (especially given a virtually limitless opportunity to watch people like that). Like you guys who are streaming regular (non-Challenger level) solo queue games of League, do people actually watch your streams? And if so, why?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Libertine posted:

The main reason I don't stream is because I can't see any reason why anyone would watch someone (myself included) play video games who isn't already internet famous for playing video games (especially given a virtually limitless opportunity to watch people like that). Like you guys who are streaming regular (non-Challenger level) solo queue games of League, do people actually watch your streams? And if so, why?

Uh, I get maybe 5-10 people at any given time. I mostly just do it for shits and giggles, and the moderate entertainment value of watching how awful everyone (self-included) is in Bronze. I also use it to go back and watch stuff occasionally.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

NTT posted:

I use private tunnel. 20 bux got me 100 gigs of traffic through their service and it only adds 30-50 ping to my latency.

E; free Vpns are rear end, you pretty much need to pay for one.

Why do you do this? Whats the benefit here? It seems like paying 20 dollars a month to add 30-50 ping to your latency is a really bad deal.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Jerkface posted:

Why do you do this? Whats the benefit here? It seems like paying 20 dollars a month to add 30-50 ping to your latency is a really bad deal.

To prevent your ISP's decision to randomly throttle League for whatever reason and have your ping go ape poo poo.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Libertine posted:

I enjoy watching people play League in general, especially if I know them. Streaming allows me to watch my internet friends play League on less of a delay than spectating in-client, so that I can talk to them in mumble/chat and talk about what they are doing.

Also yea, Andichu's stream is pretty good in a Salty Teemo sort of way.

fnox
May 19, 2013

I can literally only play through a VPS, I've been considering buying a WTFast account since the 30 day trial has thus far been a dream for me, as I get playable ping all day long, but IDK if there are better/cheaper options.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I use a VPN for completely different reasons than the ones being complained about in this thread, but when you really consider what the VPN does for you, 20 bux for a ~year's worth of league data at a nontrivial but acceptable ping increase is an option a lot of people seriously consider.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

So currently whenever I'm forced into top lane I cheese it with kayle or karma (unless I can get a decent match-up for pantheon). I was thinking about picking up Fiora to have in my back pocket for when this happens; is she worth the 6300?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

d0grent posted:

So currently whenever I'm forced into top lane I cheese it with kayle or karma (unless I can get a decent match-up for pantheon). I was thinking about picking up Fiora to have in my back pocket for when this happens; is she worth the 6300?

No doubt. She's easy to play you can dunk the gently caress out of people

e: vvv yeah Fiora mid is good too, yasuo especially is a free win for her. you can still beat bruisery assholes as fiora though. except panth. gently caress that guy. vvv

Lovechop fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 11, 2014

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

d0grent posted:

In my opinion Fiora is best mid-lane, if you want to pick up a toplaner I'd pick up any of the tanky bruiser assholes who are popular in competitive play.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Run Maokai top till he gets buried again. You out sustain everyone, run that poo poo into the ground.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

What is the deal with these Team Builder summoner icons? I queued as Rumble and called him a Fighter, since that was the recommended tag, and I got a Fighter icon after the game. Then I queued as support Critplank (Avarice Blade+Targon = full build with Triforce) and got a support icon afterwards. It's basically just call yourself whatever you want, get the tag that goes with it?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Phenotype posted:

What is the deal with these Team Builder summoner icons? I queued as Rumble and called him a Fighter, since that was the recommended tag, and I got a Fighter icon after the game. Then I queued as support Critplank (Avarice Blade+Targon = full build with Triforce) and got a support icon afterwards. It's basically just call yourself whatever you want, get the tag that goes with it?

Yep. They can't tell whether you're using champs or items that actually make sense, so they just go by what you call yourself.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Poppy is a severely underrated champion that is pretty much unstoppable once she comes online. A lot of people see her painfully awful early game and never give her a chance while failing to realize how much of an invincible carry-deleting rear end in a top hat she can be.

Confirming.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1488760043/34866927

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B57W-Dq1KiiXeTdaVWZZX0Q3cjg/edit?usp=sharing This is a baron's replay file.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Anichu's stream is very... Stressful. Watching his level 7 Kayle cower in fear of a level 5 Carious with 12 HP was a highlight. Really got me into watching my own replays and seeing that I got dumb poo poo going on in my game too. Its worth while to see how games in the lower league are played, not saltyteemo lower.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

d0grent posted:

I like Nasus a lot top lane in pretty much every matchup. Once you learn him he doesn't have any matchups that are like awful once you get some Q stacks. Get to 200 and basically nobody can bully you out any more. 400 and you can eat towers and ADCs marksmen like candy. 1,000 and you win by default.

I can't say anything about Fiora though, never played her.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Phenotype posted:

Yeah it's really kind of lame, IMHO. You get people queuing as tank Tristana or whatever just to get the icon. I mean I'm not against everybody being able to easily earn all the icons but if there's literally nothing actually connecting it to the champion or your de facto role in the game, they might as well have just made five new icons of whatever and given you a random new one after every X games.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

KirbyKhan posted:

Anichu's stream is very... Stressful. Watching his level 7 Kayle cower in fear of a level 5 Carious with 12 HP was a highlight. Really got me into watching my own replays and seeing that I got dumb poo poo going on in my game too. Its worth while to see how games in the lower league are played, not saltyteemo lower.

What is a Carious? Autocorrect on Varus?

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I like Nasus a lot top lane in pretty much every matchup. Once you learn him he doesn't have any matchups that are like awful once you get some Q stacks. Get to 200 and basically nobody can bully you out any more. 400 and you can eat towers and ADCs marksmen like candy. 1,000 and you win by default.

I can't say anything about Fiora though, never played her.

Ok cool, I actually planned on getting Nasus, but he's pretty cheap so I wanted to lock in a more expensive champ first. I'll get him next, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Brannock posted:

What is a Carious? Autocorrect on Varus?

Darius, who I have a giant blind spot for and played like poo poo against.

• Locked thread