Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

All three, great job!

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
gently caress that's good

JesusDoesVegas
Jul 8, 2005

The Funk Ambassador
Lipstick Apathy
Just got back from a road trip to the Canadian Rockies.

Canadian Rockies by jesusdoesvegas, on Flickr

Canadian Rockies Sunrise 1 by jesusdoesvegas, on Flickr

Canadian Rockies Sunrise 2 by jesusdoesvegas, on Flickr
This one has a bit of window reflection... Took it from the passenger seat of our car.

Old Bridge by jesusdoesvegas, on Flickr

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!

I love these two, strong and beautiful lines!

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Jurong West by alkanphel, on Flickr

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Are these shot with the 600se?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

Spedman posted:

Are these shot with the 600se?

Yes. Everything that Ive been posting the last couple of days is shot with the 600SE 150mm lens.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
Just took my first stab at editing some of my shots from my trip to the Tetons and Jackson hole.

I'll try to post these a few at a time so as not to clog the thread, but if you'd like to see them all, they're here on Flickr.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/justinkent/with/14669552227

I'm still a noob when it comes to landscapes so I'm sure I'll be re-processing a lot of these, not terribly happy w/ my first attempts at the Moulton barn shots, the sky wasn't really ideal or anything (no clouds is never ideal for landscapes right?)

By all means please dish any critique you've got.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

MMD3 posted:

Just took my first stab at editing some of my shots from my trip to the Tetons and Jackson hole.

I'll try to post these a few at a time so as not to clog the thread, but if you'd like to see them all, they're here on Flickr.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/justinkent/with/14669552227

I'm still a noob when it comes to landscapes so I'm sure I'll be re-processing a lot of these, not terribly happy w/ my first attempts at the Moulton barn shots, the sky wasn't really ideal or anything (no clouds is never ideal for landscapes right?)

I like the 3rd one best, like you said the skies are kind of boring and I think this one minimizes it.

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!

MMD3 posted:

That's the one I like the most, but I'd like the tree on the left a bit more centered.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

JesusDoesVegas
Jul 8, 2005

The Funk Ambassador
Lipstick Apathy

Dread Head posted:

I like the 3rd one best, like you said the skies are kind of boring and I think this one minimizes it.

This first one is great. Any tips on getting that cosmic goodness in your night shots besides going out on a clear night?

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

Car Yard, Busselton, August 2014 by s d photo, on Flickr

Near Dunsborough, August 2014 by s d photo, on Flickr

Bunker Bay, August 2014 by s d photo, on Flickr

Motel, Busselton, August 2014 by s d photo, on Flickr

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

JesusDoesVegas posted:

This first one is great. Any tips on getting that cosmic goodness in your night shots besides going out on a clear night?

Someplace far away from other light sources, ideally no or a small moon. Unless you have a flash with remote you will probably need at least 2 exposures, one for the sky and another for the tent at least in my experience. I have tried this shot a number of times and this is the first time I have actually felt it was decent enough to post but there are still things I would like to have done better. Next time.

Probably my last one from my recent alpine adventure.

Rot
Apr 18, 2005

Dread Head posted:

Dread Head posted:

Probably my last one from my recent alpine adventure.

You've been crushing it lately. Well done.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

Dread Head posted:

yeah, loving all of these, really good stuff, makes me want to get outside more which is what I love about landscape photos.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dread Head posted:

Someplace far away from other light sources, ideally no or a small moon. Unless you have a flash with remote you will probably need at least 2 exposures, one for the sky and another for the tent at least in my experience. I have tried this shot a number of times and this is the first time I have actually felt it was decent enough to post but there are still things I would like to have done better. Next time.

Use a smartphone, adjust the screen brightness to fine tune. :v:

A program that lets you cover the full screen with a single color can work too, especially if you want different hues.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Pete French Round Barn by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Zion by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
That second one looks like a lithographic print, nice.

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
"It appears my wee-wee's been stricken with rigor mortis."
This is at my family's cabin, which is what lights the trees. Bit of cloud moved in so could have been clearer.

DSC_1328-Edit.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

DSC_1389.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

DSC_1385.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

DSC_1405.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

scottch posted:

This is at my family's cabin, which is what lights the trees. Bit of cloud moved in so could have been clearer.

DSC_1328-Edit.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

That is lovely.

My drek:
_DSC6759 by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Joo Chiat by alkanphel, on Flickr

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Spotted this on my trip to Iceland this summer.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Law Offices, Albuquerque by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

John Day by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Nice!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

JesusDoesVegas posted:

Just got back from a road trip to the Canadian Rockies.

Canadian Rockies by jesusdoesvegas, on Flickr

Canadian Rockies Sunrise 1 by jesusdoesvegas, on Flickr

Canadian Rockies Sunrise 2 by jesusdoesvegas, on Flickr
This one has a bit of window reflection... Took it from the passenger seat of our car.

Old Bridge by jesusdoesvegas, on Flickr

Good ol' Mt. Stephen. I'm headed there tomorrow for 5 days in Yoho, now you've got me super pumped!

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
"super" moon.

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!

Dread Head posted:

"super" moon.

Super shots too. You put that big moon to good use.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I went to the Malibu pier kinda late thinking I'd be able to find something interesting there to shoot against the "super moon". I didn't really see anything but I took some photos anyway.

Moon over Malibu by francography, on Flickr

Malibu Pier by francography, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Bottom

Chicago Theater by TomOlson, on Flickr

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
Some more from Grand Teton NP

Oxbow Bend w/ Mt. Moran

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

RangerScum posted:

Bottom

I wish you would go a slightly wider on this one, as the stage is a bit cramped in that lower corner. But either way these are fantastic.
How much post did you do on these? Its usually hard to get such an even exposure with pinpoint light sources.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Putrid Grin posted:

I wish you would go a slightly wider on this one, as the stage is a bit cramped in that lower corner. But either way these are fantastic.
How much post did you do on these? Its usually hard to get such an even exposure with pinpoint light sources.

I'm giving her all she's got, Captain! 24 is as wide as I can go. I was able to get more of the stage in the shot but I didn't like the angle so I had to crop it a bit.

Anyway, because you asked, here's what the original unedited file looks like.

96cobraguy
Aug 10, 2008

RangerScum posted:

Bottom

As a stagehand, these make me very happy. I love old theaters, especially ones with murals. Nicely done.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Jim and Barb's house. Iceland.

DSC06231
by LargeHadron, on Flickr

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Shot some old as gently caress Kodak Pro400MC. I think I need to rescan these, they look a bit soft.

Dells of the Eau Claire by g.hetzel, on Flickr

Dells of the Eau Claire by g.hetzel, on Flickr

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
"It appears my wee-wee's been stricken with rigor mortis."

LargeHadron posted:

Jim and Barb's house. Iceland.

DSC06231
by LargeHadron, on Flickr

That's p sweet.

DSC_1065-Edit.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

DSC_1174.jpg by scottch, on Flickr