Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I barely remember what movie the episode was about but today's Flop House Alan Ruck tangent is up there with the Titus Androgynous and Porthole of Time bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I barely remember what movie the episode was about but today's Flop House Alan Ruck tangent is up there with the Titus Androgynous and Porthole of Time bits.

Look, we've all been Ruckolded before.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
In light of the Invisible Child episode rerun, WHM really should do a month of just Lifetime films. There are more than enough insane ones to work with, Cyber Seduction, Cyberbully, Dead at 17 and Hit and Run are all good picks.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Hush Little Baby would be a good "sequel" to their invisible child episode.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
Pretty much anything that ever was covered by Lifetime Movie Reviews would make a fantastic episode. My Stepson, My Lover, or..hell, if they ever did the not-lifetime-but-still-terrible domestic violence movies Sleeping With the Enemy, or Enough.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I kind of wish WHM did more bad kids movies. Someone has to talk about Planes. It suddenly turns into the D-Day invasion from Saving Private Ryan and is played completely straight.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 11, 2014

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
The Dirt Bike Kid is also amazingly, beautifully horrible. Featuring horrendous green screen, a sexually aroused dirt bike, a horrible prematurely sexually mature kid and a kid who spends $50 for groceries on a stupid vehicle and isn't portrayed as a brat.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
What's the deal with the lovely audio in this weeks flophouse?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Drunkboxer posted:

What's the deal with the lovely audio in this weeks flophouse?

Ok good someone else heard it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

"I'm not having a hard time making fun of this movie, 'cause it's a bad, stupid movie, but this is a GREAT fuckin' movie!"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DoombatINC posted:

"I'm not having a hard time making fun of this movie, 'cause it's a bad, stupid movie, but this is a GREAT fuckin' movie!"

I still hope this is in Avengers 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC-hSBRsXMk

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Not bad movie related but Elliott Kalan of the Flophouse hosts the first episode of the new Daily Show podcast, available here http://thedailyshow.cc.com/podcast

Also the WHM Tuff Turf episode is one of the best, wish I hadn't already re-listened to it recently

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

I had somehow missed Tuff Turf the first time around. Good episode, but it didn't stand out to me like something like Pippi Longstockings or The Good Son.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I just got to this part in the episode.

"I hear your eyes"?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
You can always just listen to the new intro and then skip ahead to the new outro. It's worth it for Eric Szyszka's anecdote about the LARP summer camp.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I bought some lovely 8 pack of 80s teen comedy movies for $20 just because Tuff Turf was on there. One of my favorite episodes of WHM ever :mmmhmm:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, WHM better do Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey at some point. What percentage of episodes have a Station reference?

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
I don't know if WHM is taking requests, but man do they need to get to Dead Man on Campus... the 1995 MTV Films production of the Mark-Paul "I wanna get as far away from Zack Morris as possible" Gossier's film debut...

I just discovered the podcast thanks to the people over at the O&A thread, and I can't stop listening. The TMNT II episode had me crying I was laughing so hard. Not everything hits all of the time, but man are they pretty close to perfect.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GPTribefan posted:

I don't know if WHM is taking requests, but man do they need to get to Dead Man on Campus... the 1995 MTV Films production of the Mark-Paul "I wanna get as far away from Zack Morris as possible" Gossier's film debut...

I just discovered the podcast thanks to the people over at the O&A thread, and I can't stop listening. The TMNT II episode had me crying I was laughing so hard. Not everything hits all of the time, but man are they pretty close to perfect.

Good news, request month is in November, they said this week they'll probably open request lines up when they come back next month right away!

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I'm pretty new to WHM, I've listened to about a dozen episodes, but who is the guy that yells way too loud? He's not always on the show and it's definitely not Andrew or Stephen.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Tomahawk posted:

I'm pretty new to WHM, I've listened to about a dozen episodes, but who is the guy that yells way too loud? He's not always on the show and it's definitely not Andrew or Stephen.

I've listened to almost all of the episodes and I still can't tell the guys apart. I'm pretty sure all of them yell when they do certain characters, but I haven't noticed it beyond that.

Maybe I'm just bad at listening to podcasts? If it's not Andrew or Stephen then it's either Eric or Chris, but I honestly can't tell who is who.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Everyone yells but there's one guy who doesn't seem to understand audio levels at all and yells directly into the mic. It's pretty rare but it's kind of annoying.

Also, I kinda need to watch Tuff Turf now.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Tomahawk posted:

Everyone yells but there's one guy who doesn't seem to understand audio levels at all and yells directly into the mic. It's pretty rare but it's kind of annoying.

It's Chris, who is my least favorite of the bunch. He is constantly doing this feigned, righteously indignant shtick that just crawls all over me.

I love everyone else though!

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Tomahawk posted:

It's not on Netflix anymore, but it is on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua3aMJFuwDg

The recommended video sidebar seems like a laundry list of potential WHM episodes.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

RagingBoner posted:

It's Chris, who is my least favorite of the bunch. He is constantly doing this feigned, righteously indignant shtick that just crawls all over me.

I love everyone else though!

Yeah, that annoys me too. He's always doing the angry nerd on Youtube style "WATCHING THIS MOVIE MADE ME WANT TO THROW MYSELF INTO AN INCINERATOR" shtick which has never been particularly funny conceptually. But I think he gets some decent jokes in, same with the other guys.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Isn't it Chris who does the "When would I kill myself in a movie" gag? That's one of my favorite runners.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

DoombatINC posted:

Isn't it Chris who does the "When would I kill myself in a movie" gag? That's one of my favorite runners.

I think it's Steve who does that-- but the other guys also put some thought into when Steve would kill himself in a movie.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Some of the best WHM moments are them riffing on Chris Cabin when he's not there, so his presence is justified just for that.

And the "Chris Cabin, would you get a tattoo of a small house?" question in Tuff Turf.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010

A Meat posted:

I've listened to almost all of the episodes and I still can't tell the guys apart. I'm pretty sure all of them yell when they do certain characters, but I haven't noticed it beyond that.

Maybe I'm just bad at listening to podcasts? If it's not Andrew or Stephen then it's either Eric or Chris, but I honestly can't tell who is who.

Yeah, I'm not sure why that is, but I find it hard to tell them apart too. I never had that problem with other podcasts with more than one host, so maybe the WHM guys just have really similar voices and accents and stress patterns in their speech.

Also, Tuff Turf is pretty fantastic. They don't mention it as much as I'd expect in the podcast, but it also has some great 80s movie homoeroticism. 45 year old guy's first look at Spader is full on Sex Eye. And RDJ certainly seems more interested in Spader than Frankie does for the first bit of the movie. I think it's like a Rebel Without a Cause thing, the guy comes in for his first day at a new school, immediately runs afoul of gangs yada yada, and also immediately makes friends with this one dude who likes him far more quickly than he should. And he ends up with the leader of the gang's girlfriend.

Now that I think about it, either RWAC is a really standard plot line, or Tuff Turf is deliberately a weird 80s Rebel Without a Cause, which thankfully doesn't follow the same ridiculous time frame.

Infamous Sphere fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Aug 14, 2014

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Rincewind posted:

I think it's Steve who does that-- but the other guys also put some thought into when Steve would kill himself in a movie.

You're right. Last night I was doing housework while listening to Blame it on Rio (easily a top five episode) and they go deeply into the subject of when Steve would kill himself. That tangent does include the Chris Cabin Suicide Film Festival, though, which is loving great.

LIKE TEN DICKS
Feb 25, 2009
the WHM gang is pretty easy to tell apart imo, Andrew sounds like he's wearing a fedora and has a really affected way of talking, Steve sounds like he is eating or about to eat something, Eric sounds like Randall Skeffington, and Chris is the loud guy who never makes good jokes

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
I dunno they all just sound like fat guys to me.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

LIKE TEN DICKS posted:

the WHM gang is pretty easy to tell apart imo, Andrew sounds like he's wearing a fedora and has a really affected way of talking, Steve sounds like he is eating or about to eat something, Eric sounds like Randall Skeffington, and Chris is the loud guy who never makes good jokes

I finally figured all this out over the last few episodes I listened to. Safe to say Chris is the Jim Belushi of this podcast. Eric is insanely funny so I thought I'd enjoy Blame It On Outer Space but that podcast is a complete dud.

I was listening to Jingle All The Way yesterday and Chris says something like "Schwarzenegger aficionados" and everyone cracks up and he immediately gets really defensive and says "Why is that funny!?". I dunno dude, cause its a comedy podcast and things are and should be funny?

Tomahawk fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 24, 2014

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Tomahawk posted:

I finally figured all this out over the last few episodes I listened to. Safe to say Chris is the Jim Belushi of this podcast. Eric is insanely funny so I thought I'd enjoy Blame It On Outer Space but that podcast is a complete dud.

I love the first 15 or so episodes of Blame it on Outer Space. More recent episodes just fall completely flat for me, though. I think it was at its best when the show was mostly about laughing at the people who believed in these theories and explaining why they were ridiculous and letting the humor flow from that.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

OrangeKing posted:

I love the first 15 or so episodes of Blame it on Outer Space. More recent episodes just fall completely flat for me, though. I think it was at its best when the show was mostly about laughing at the people who believed in these theories and explaining why they were ridiculous and letting the humor flow from that.

I figured it would just be We Hate Movies but instead of walking through a ridiculous movie plot they would be walking through a ridiculous conspiracy theory. Instead there is all of this really weird, bad acting like they are putting on a radio drama.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Tomahawk posted:

I figured it would just be We Hate Movies but instead of walking through a ridiculous movie plot they would be walking through a ridiculous conspiracy theory. Instead there is all of this really weird, bad acting like they are putting on a radio drama.

Yeah, that's exactly what I don't enjoy. The early episodes were more like what you were expecting, in my opinion. My favorite might be their episode on The Montauk Project! Once the "radio drama" aspects kicked in, I found the whole thing a lot less enjoyable.

NewtonFig
Apr 28, 2006

Not Head Brain of the Hobosphere

OrangeKing posted:

I only listened to the early episodes, but someone seriously needed to edit that show. Too much dead space.

radlum
May 13, 2013

LIKE TEN DICKS posted:

I tried this for the Rocky IV rerun and I still can't pick them apart. It was quite easy in the Flop House, I don't know why I can't do it for WHM.

Anyway, good rerun, Rocky IV is a terrible movie, but I kinda like the idea that Rocky manages to end the Cold War.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

radlum posted:

I tried this for the Rocky IV rerun and I still can't pick them apart. It was quite easy in the Flop House, I don't know why I can't do it for WHM.

Anyway, good rerun, Rocky IV is a terrible movie, but I kinda like the idea that Rocky manages to end the Cold War.

I love how much time they spent on Paulie. In a movie with a lot of baffling poo poo, the fact they let Paulie hang around is definitely the most baffling for me. Yes, even more than the robot. Why are they letting this abusive, alcoholic baby-man freeload off them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I love how much time they spent on Paulie. In a movie with a lot of baffling poo poo, the fact they let Paulie hang around is definitely the most baffling for me. Yes, even more than the robot. Why are they letting this abusive, alcoholic baby-man freeload off them?

I really liked how they kept alternating between Paulie, drunk scumbag trash man who probably hosed that robot, and Paulie, paragon of childlike innocence who's just sad because his pet frog escaped at Apollo Creed's funeral.