Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
Rubber is legitimate art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
Edit: loving phoneposting.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Playing PAYDAY 2 I'll sometimes get kicked from groups for typing up stuff like this.

code:
New York, officers put unarmed man in a choke hold and suffocate him to death. 

Ohio, police shoot unarmed teen with his hands up in the street. 

Ohio, officer shoots family of kittens in front of children and their mother. 

New York, officers shoot pug dog 19 times when it allegedly snarled at them. 

Missouri, police shoot man holding BB gun at a wal-mart. 
As a first world white male, it's the most I can do.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

MariusLecter posted:

code:
Ohio, officer shoots family of kittens in front of children and their mother.  

Holy poo poo I didn't think that was real but holy poo poo man what the gently caress????

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

nutranurse posted:

Holy poo poo I didn't think that was real but holy poo poo man what the gently caress????
If it's the story I'm thinking of, the officer responded to a call about a litter of stray cats in a lady's backyard.
The officer arrived, went out back, pulled out a knife, and slit all the kittens' throats and the lady's little children in the house could hear the whole thing plain as day.
They were traumatized. The cop was completely non-chalant about the whole thing.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Dr. Faustus posted:

If it's the story I'm thinking of, the officer responded to a call about a litter of stray cats in a lady's backyard.
The officer arrived, went out back, pulled out a knife, and slit all the kittens' throats and the lady's little children in the house could hear the whole thing plain as day.
They were traumatized. The cop was completely non-chalant about the whole thing.

No this is a different one where the cop just whipped out his gun and shot up the litter. :wtc:, they cold blooded knife kittens too????

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

nutranurse posted:

No this is a different one where the cop just whipped out his gun and shot up the litter. :wtc:, they cold blooded knife kittens too????
This is not shocking: Google is so full of "police slit dog's throat" stories I can't find the original story, which I think I found in one of the original Cops Makin Me LOL threads.
I can't find it because there's page after page of cops shooting dogs and cutting their throats and poo poo.

I give up.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Cops are bad and white people need to realize this way faster than the rate they're currently going.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Abusing animals is a big warning sign.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
R. Mute the point of the end of Snowpiercer is that the system is inherently dehumanizing and evil, no matter who is at the top, and that the only moral thing to do is to blow it the gently caress up and hunt polar bears instead.

It was a good movie I enjoyed it.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I fell way behind in this thread, but holy poo poo, no one told me jrodefeld was back.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Xylo can u please change the NZ thread title to

New Zealand Megathread - 420 blaze it Vote Wu-Tang

god bless

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
sure

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

nutranurse posted:

Wait what? A cop loving shot a bunch of kittens? Really? I figured that one was just a joke thrown in

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
ty :h:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

XyloJW posted:

I fell way behind in this thread, but holy poo poo, no one told me jrodefeld was back.

Would you be so good as to change his thread's title to:

The Libertarian Thread: The Negroids Have a Different Time Preference.

as suggested therein.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

StandardVC10 posted:

Would you be so good as to change his thread's title to:

The Libertarian Thread: The Negroids Have a Different Time Preference.

as suggested therein.

Is that thread worth getting into? I was in the jRod appreciation thread, it was... interestingish, I guess.

Cercadelmar
Jan 4, 2014
Hey guys, I need life advice. What kind of Apple is the best apple? I'm partial to Braeburn if this helps.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Is that thread worth getting into? I was in the jRod appreciation thread, it was... interestingish, I guess.

As I stated before, the mind of jrodefeld sure is… something. Probably not something worth actually engaging with though.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Cercadelmar posted:

Hey guys, I need life advice. What kind of Apple is the best apple? I'm partial to Braeburn if this helps.

Can't really beat Granny Smith for baking, but I like Hobo for snacks.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

Wait what? A cop loving shot a bunch of kittens? Really? I figured that one was just a joke thrown in

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1GIGM_enUS580US580&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=cop%20shoots%20kittens

Googling 'Cop Shoots Kittens' not only lets you know that this is true, but also that the police department defended the cop and says that he did nothing wrong!

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

fuji apples are good

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Oranges are the best apple.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

fuji apples are good

Those are mighty tasty. I also like honeycrisp but rarely because they're expensive.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

People are really hammering on the amount of racism in libertarianism this go around (most likely tied to that recent set of Mark Ames articles about it) and Jrod's really frustrated that the untermenschen can't understand how black people all being the grasshopper while white people are the ant isn't racism.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nintendo Kid posted:

Oranges are the best apple.

Amen. I don't like eating apples. There's something about them that is just not fun. I'm okay with them in pies, and occasionally in sandwiches, but I just don't enjoy eating them as they come. Oranges, on the other hand... :swoon:

Also, let me post my favorite Sinfest strip of all times:

Orange:smith:

ETA: :effort:

Pope Guilty posted:

People are really hammering on the amount of racism in libertarianism this go around (most likely tied to that recent set of Mark Ames articles about it) and Jrod's really frustrated that the untermenschen can't understand how black people all being the grasshopper while white people are the ant isn't racism.

:stare: YOOL 2014, no less.

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Aug 11, 2014

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW
libertarians are funny and it'll be neat to see the republican party divide into libertarian and evangelical wings that hate each other just as much as the democrats

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

fuji apples are good

fuji apples make really good apple pies.

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW
caramel apple supremacy

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Humans don't produce vitamin C, therefore, an orange is inherently more valuable than an apple. Use SCIENCE, not RELIGION for your webcomics.

-Richard Dawkins

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Aurubin posted:

Humans don't produce vitamin C, therefore, an orange is inherently more valuable than an apple. Use SCIENCE, not RELIGION for your webcomics.

-Richard Dawkins

Is there anything Dawkins won't spoil?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Is there anything Dawkins won't spoil?

Your ability to be a smug gently caress at parties if anyone ever brings up something they did at church.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Gala apples are pretty great; not as good as Braeburns or Kiwis but sometimes they're what the store has.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
granny smith apples are as good as richard dawkins is bad

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

No love for pink ladies?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Somebody buy this and name it :boehner:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Aurubin posted:

Somebody buy this and name it :boehner:

Lol.

Cercadelmar
Jan 4, 2014
:boner:

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

R. Mute posted:

the campiness, sure. like tilda swinton, the fish (haha fish!), the section with alison pill. it's deliberate all right. but it clashes with the rest of the scenes, it doesn't make sense and there's also a bunch of stupid poo poo that clearly isn't deliberate.
The shoe on the head was specifically an Asian thing, I think. Not sure as it's Korean, but it felt very Buddhist-influenced. As stated in the post where paragon1 got very angry (as he is angry with you now) I enjoyed it about like Cloud Atlas, which is to say, "Well, that was interesting." There was some novel film-making there and a moderately interesting plot and IT WAS BIOSHOCK ON A TRAIN PARAGON1 but, yeah, it's not going to break records. Also V for Vendetta is a perfectly good film, it just doesn't need to be your entire life's ideology. It's like JFK, another very well done film - if you extrapolate it out via its real-life implications it's going to fall down like a goon trying to run .5K, but if you just accept it as a self-contained dramatic exercise it's pretty decent. 60% of the time they entertain every time.

Joementum posted:

More movies should have a "video-game like structure".
:goonsay:
Yep!

Anyone recommending non-American apples as the primary and best apple is cray cray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

ReindeerF posted:

Anyone recommending non-American apples as the primary and best apple is cray cray.

The Granny Smith isn't American :australia:

• Locked thread