Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BLAZED BOYLAN
Sep 11, 2001
Shroomsday

Hoodrich posted:

The dude who died was a fag and Smoke is cool.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

leica posted:

They DO encourage it openly saying "have at it boys" so you really can't fault the drivers for doing something they're encouraged to do. It's nothing new really, has been going on for decades, and has never been an issue until now.

Also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mRY79mat34

it's not an issue now, either :ssh:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Haha not yet.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jimmy ur a fagott. Dude walked out to meet his maker. He did end of story.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

leica posted:

Haha not yet.

the main difference is the kid didn't wait for the pace car

as long as drivers do that no one is gonna care

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

hahaha

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Third time posted not clicked

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Darth123123 posted:

Jimmy ur a fagott. Dude walked out to meet his maker. He did end of story.

Ok, so tell me exactly where and why you disagree with my post.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That guy died.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Fag Boy Jim posted:

That guy died.

I know the feeling as I too am dead.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hoodrich posted:

The dude who died was a fag and Smoke is cool.

This is extremely hosed up, but I have to say: I agree.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I don't think that getting out of the car and then running out on the track straight at another car was a great idea.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

bewbies posted:

I don't think that getting out of the car and then running out on the track straight at another car was a great idea.

I think it's safe to say that mistakes were made all around.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

GNU Order posted:

This was a bad idea

:nws::nms:http://i.minus.com/iJdrfMqXs524w.gif
e- A gif where I edit googly eyes over Tony Stewart's car as he runs over Kevin Ward Jr.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

bewbies posted:

I remember when you used to call the NFL players lazy and self-entitled during the lockout. How's it going?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
If you watched that video and your first thought when he ran on to the track wasn't "WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU IDIOT" then I just don't know.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Peanut President posted:

I remember when you used to call the NFL players lazy and self-entitled during the lockout. How's it going?

lol quote that

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

bewbies posted:

lol quote that

I don't have to do anything.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Peanut President posted:

True, true.

I'll offer to you that you're probably confusing me with someone else

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Peanut President posted:

source your quotes

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Here peanut, enjoy this pic of a happy Tony.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Peanut President posted:

I remember when you cheered for the Falcons. How's that going?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

SASCAR/Indy/other racing series goons: In all the fist/helmet/bird-throwing/waving incidents on-track in recent years, can anybody remember a driver walking out into the racing line (or at least out from the protection of safety vehicles) like Ward did? Smoke (Martinsville '99, Bristol '12; the latter was on pit road) and Robby Gordon (NHIS '05, the "Michael Waltrip is a POS" incident) are the only ones who spring to mind right now. I don't know if Kurt Busch at Indy in 2002 counts.

My mind is being blown seeing the worlds of NHL and racing goons posting in the same thread. :psyduck:

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

leica posted:

Here peanut, enjoy this pic of a happy Tony.

That dog is probably dead by now

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Moxie Omen posted:

That dog is probably dead by now

The vacuum ran wide and the poor dog just got sucked in. Shouldn't have been in the living room like that.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Gargoyle
Feb 2, 2014
Also saw this, relevant.

BEARS IN THE BARN
Oct 9, 2004

Enjoy a Berry
Apr 21, 2012

Fag Boy Jim posted:

This is extremely hosed up, but I have to say: I agree.

hell, my pap always said rubbin' was racin' but I never expeceted any one to rub their face directly on the tyres :wookie:

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Gargoyle posted:

Also saw this, relevant.

Barely an excuse. Tony knew that car wrecked there so he should have taken precaution in that area to begin with. That and seeing probably a figure ahead of you into that turn gesturing wildly to you. But again, Ward may have gotten too close and Stewart was being way too close.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

BMB5150 posted:

Barely an excuse. Tony knew that car wrecked there so he should have taken precaution in that area to begin with. That and seeing probably a figure ahead of you into that turn gesturing wildly to you. But again, Ward may have gotten too close and Stewart was being way too close.

How did he know the car wrecked there again?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

nsaP posted:

How did he know the car wrecked there again?

Well, the last time he went around, he pushed Ward high and made him tap the wall.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BMB5150 posted:

He should have been able to stop the car in mid air just like Chuck Liddell in that commercial

BEARS IN THE BARN
Oct 9, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Well, the last time he went around, he pushed Ward high and made him tap the wall.

Did he? Care to enlighten me on how exactly he caused that accident?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I won't say he caused it, but he was part of it.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Pretty sure the kid was behind Stewart when he hit the wall.

Cojawfee posted:

I won't say he caused it, but he was part of it.

ed: Doesn't mean he knew it happened at the time.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Cojawfee posted:

they never touched, they don't use spotters, and he likely didn't know a car spun unless he heard it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargoyle
Feb 2, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

they never touched, they don't use spotters, and he likely didn't know a car spun unless he heard it

No mirrors either. Mind you. Plus we don't know the status of Tony's visor and whither it was caked with dirt of if he had just used a Tear Off.

There are so many unknowns that once again I will simply say. Tony isn't innocent, but he isn't guilty. Kevin isn't innocent, but he isn't guilty. Can't we just have a tragedy and move on? it sucks, everyone is hurt by this, everyone. The racing community is hurt, the local community is hurt. poo poo people in my family are hurt, the car right behind Tony's is owned by a cousin of mine. This whole thing sucks and we want to figure it out because of some social justice bullshit.

• Locked thread