Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Bill, you loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

BILL COMPTON: VAMPIRE DUMBASS.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
:what:

e:

:cripes:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Dilber posted:

BILL COMPTON: VAMPIRE DUMBASS.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
gently caress this, how many episodes are left?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It took 7 long years but two episodes away from the end, it's finally happened

Everybody in this show is an idiot

voodoonoid
May 15, 2003

Turkeys fear me!
For Fucks sake....Really!!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dirk Pitt posted:

gently caress this, how many episodes are left?

I think just two left.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I was disappointed in the lack of loving this episode. It opened up with a molten dildo in the Bon Temps sex mansion violet had.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
That was bad. There's almost no plot now aside from "Bill's sick you guys". Oh no not BEEL the biggest rear end in a top hat on the entire loving show! And then we have Sookeh in the opposite corner with her horrendous split ends and ugly buns.

And Jessica... ugh Jessica. Just let Hoyt go in peace you stupid slut. You and Jason are perfect for each other.

At least I care about Eric & Pam who are the two most interesting characters on the show by far, if not the only two good ones at this point. Eh oh well only two more to go.

Also if someone would like to make a compilation of everything Pam's ever said about Sookie that'd be amazing.

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 11, 2014

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

This season is so bad.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

nooneofconsequence posted:

This season is so bad.

It's almost like the writers just plagiarized a bunch of poo poo they found on several disparate fan-fiction sites.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I think my favorite thing about the episode was the quick explanation on the fairy witch out of nowhere.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Dirk Pitt posted:

I think my favorite thing about the episode was the quick explanation on the fairy witch out of nowhere.

What was that? When? I seriously missed this because I was so bored.

e:wait, are you talking about the gnome lady doctor from last episode?

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 11, 2014

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
I sure hope I don't get banned

Dirk Pitt posted:

I zoned out during the sexposition. What was it?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I could swear Bill and Sookeh were talking about it at the very start of the episode before we flipped back to Sepia mode. Bill was supposed to be with Sookeh to protect her from the fairy witch pulling everyone into her domain.

Edit: Sookeh was wanted for some weird breeding program that Beel saved her from. Went ahead and pulled up my recording to make sure I wasn't crazy.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Dirk Pitt posted:

I could swear Bill and Sookeh were talking about it at the very start of the episode before we flipped back to Sepia mode. Bill was supposed to be with Sookeh to protect her from the fairy witch pulling everyone into her domain.

Edit: Sookeh was wanted for some weird breeding program that Beel saved her from. Went ahead and pulled up my recording to make sure I wasn't crazy.

Oh yeah, right. The faeries from season 4 who are in the same long-forgotten place as the werepanthers and werewolves and witches and Tara. She wasn't a witch though she was the fairy queen.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

So I am gonna guess that Bill gets healed at the end of the next episode, and the final episode is the Vampire Heroes taking on the Japanese and giving free undiluted New Blood to everyone with guitars in the background.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

A vampire queen wanted Sookeh for a breeding program because the fairy queen was trying to take all magic creatures from earth.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

What is the reasoning for Cowboy Yakuza Guy for going into partnership with Eric?

Eric gets:
- 49% of a multi-billion dollar product
- An opportunity to screw things up by killing Newmie before they can produce the right antidote formula.
- An opportunity to screw things up by telling others (Bill, Sookie, Jessica, etc) about the secret behind the antidote.

Cowboy Yakuza Guy gets:
- An untrustworthy handsome vampire spokesperson.

I know this is True Blood, but I'm hoping there is something more to this that I'm not seeing?

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

The Grey posted:

What is the reasoning for Cowboy Yakuza Guy for going into partnership with Eric?

Eric gets:
- An opportunity to screw things up by killing Newmie before they can produce the right antidote formula.
- An opportunity to screw things up by telling others (Bill, Sookie, Jessica, etc) about the secret behind the antidote.

Cowboy Yakuza Guy gets:

I know this is True Blood, but I'm hoping there is something more to this that I'm not seeing?

no that covers the state of things p. well

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Grey posted:

Eric gets:

Cowboy Yakuza Guy gets:

Eric is the oldest North American vampire by far, all the old blood in Europe have hosed off into their castles and don't care.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm so glad Violet is dead. I was sick of her character pretty much as soon as she was introduced. Glad Jason isn't shackled to her anymore. Also Sookie trying to pretend to be glamored was hilarious.

Also am I weird for wanting the Yakuza and their whole scheme here to succeed? That's contradictory to the below statement I know that. I just like that asian cowboy

I love this silly rear end show, but I cannot possibly figure out what their endgame is here anymore. At the end of last season I was sure that one of the two groups had to be wiped out by the end of the series. Cause I just couldn't see the show ending with both species still coexisting like they always have. Either vampires completely take over and all the humans are either killed or basically kept in imprisonment as blood dispensing factories, or humans were gonna wipe out vampires once and for all. But now there's a cure so what the gently caress

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
What a stupid loving plotline for Tara.

Also no boobs.

C-

edit :

but it was really cool having Hoyt kill the bitch who murdered his mom.

C+

ded fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Aug 11, 2014

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
The funniest part of this episode was Sookeh driving Alcide's truck to find Eric at Fangtasia.

Alcide has been dead for like six days in this timeline and he's long been forgotten and Sookeh is back to her old shenanigans of screwing Bill and loving around with Eric's emotions.

Never change, Trueblood.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Tara's plotline probably would've been reasonably better if:

1) She got Hep V and was dying instead and it was more about Lettie Mae coming to terms with it or something
2) Didn't spend 8 episodes in the margins getting there (just give it an episode or two and be done with it)
3) Crazier poo poo happened than vamp blood hallucinations, which seems like it could've been a decent thing for the show to have during S1-4 but not this late
4) Tara didn't loving die offscreen during a teaser of all things (as much as I hated Tara, that was still stupid as gently caress)

Also Bill saying "no" for no reason other than to have a cliffhanger is so dumb. All the viewers know (and it's been hammered in a hundred times this season) Bill doesn't want to be a vampire anymore because he thinks being a vampire is evil and icky and gross and makes you a bad person. He could've just said it and be done with it and/or then immediately went sploosh or save it for the finale so he turn into a human and happily ever after with Sookie.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
If they were serious about controlling the cure, Newme would be in a shallow grave somewhere already.

ded posted:

edit :

but it was really cool having Hoyt kill the bitch who murdered his mom.

C+

Ha, I didn't even realize that.

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

This is why Bill and Sookie are perfect for each other. He's the only dumbass more damaged than she is.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Macaluso posted:

Also am I weird for wanting the Yakuza and their whole scheme here to succeed? That's contradictory to the below statement I know that. I just like that asian cowboy

Well considering the fact that Asian Cowboy and his friends have thus far been demonstrated to be nothing but honest, honorable, overly generous and true to their word to a fault with Eric and co for no apparent reason I think that's a pretty fair assessment.

I mean the whole "put out an inferior version than potentially possible to market so that people keep renewing and buying it" strategy can certainly be considered a shady one, but it's also pretty standard and accepted as a business practice and some basic research or business knowledge would reveal that this strategy was a huge reason why many companies succeed. For example, Bill Gates succeeded and became the richest man on the planet by putting out an inferior Windows product that people would renew while Steve Job initially came in second by offering the best product that his company was capable of.

The show even showed promise by making it seem like Eric and Pam understood the sound logic of this policy at first, but when brought out to its conclusion it made no sense. All Eric had to do was say "Okay, I understand your policy and I am on board, but in exchange for being your partner and spokesperson give me 8 or so vials of the unadulterated pure-cure Sarah Newlin blood that I can use for a handful of my friends at my discretion" and they would have almost certainly be fine with that.

Instead of anything like that, it seems like the final conflict of the final couple episodes of the series are going to be focused around the fact that the "good guys" made irrationally stupid decisions that pissed off a completely rational group of people that were willing to work with them, for basically no reason at all.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

bbf2 posted:

The show even showed promise by making it seem like Eric and Pam understood the sound logic of this policy at first, but when brought out to its conclusion it made no sense. All Eric had to do was say "Okay, I understand your policy and I am on board, but in exchange for being your partner and spokesperson give me 8 or so vials of the unadulterated pure-cure Sarah Newlin blood that I can use for a handful of my friends at my discretion" and they would have almost certainly be fine with that.

I doubt they'd let anyone take samples of the blood. "Let me bring a few of my friends over for a pure-cure injection/nibble" would probably fly though.

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008
Best part of the episode was Jason's what the gently caress look when Violet called him stupid.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

How many blood clinics could you go to that would let you keep the blood?

Or is this just written off as true blood

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
How am I supposed to care what happens to that redhead vampire after she murdered those two fairy children? I hate that story line, it ruined the redhead's character. Of course, I don't know how I'm supposed to care about any of the vampires, since they're all murderers, but at least the other vampires don't kill children like the redhead did.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

The Dennis System posted:

How am I supposed to care what happens to that redhead vampire after she murdered those two fairy children? I hate that story line, it ruined the redhead's character. Of course, I don't know how I'm supposed to care about any of the vampires, since they're all murderers, but at least the other vampires don't kill children like the redhead did.

This post cracks me up.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

"I started watching at season 5 and didn't bother with anything before that. Why are all these characters so complicated? They keep mentioning things I know nothing about. This is bullshit."

Even with that, Andy getting 1 of the kids to survive to maturity is considered an accomplishment by fairy standards.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Macaluso posted:

I'm so glad Violet is dead. I was sick of her character pretty much as soon as she was introduced. Glad Jason isn't shackled to her anymore. Also Sookie trying to pretend to be glamored was hilarious.

Violet was kind of pointless in the end, but I do loves me them old school vampires and their theatrical flair. :allears:

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Slightly Toasted posted:

How many blood clinics could you go to that would let you keep the blood?

Or is this just written off as true blood

There'd probably be a lot of people with infected vampire partners/friends that they want to give blood to but don't want to become a carrier, clinics would definitely be used to offering a takeaway service. They'd probably even gift wrap it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Irish Joe posted:

Violet was kind of pointless in the end, but I do loves me them old school vampires and their theatrical flair. :allears:

See that's the thing. I'd have liked her as straight up villain cause yeah her theatrics before she got shot were fun. But she was forced into the main cast so hard I couldn't enjoy her.

Did you just start watching literally this season or what

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

pentyne posted:

Eric is the oldest North American vampire by far, all the old blood in Europe have hosed off into their castles and don't care.

It would have made a lot more sense if Yakuza Cowboy had said, "Eric, I want you to be my spokesperson because you are the oldest and most respected vampire in North America." rather then "Eric, I want you to be my spokesperson because you are handsome."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

I too, only care about characters who only behave in ways that are acceptable in real life. But I watch a show about vampires and magical fairy vaginas so I'm pretty much miserable during the entire thing because I hate all these characters.

• Locked thread