Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

counterfeitsaint posted:

If they were serious about controlling the cure, Newme would be in a shallow grave somewhere already.
Even if they were going to sell the full cure, they wanted her dead, Eric wants her dead, and since they can manufacture the cure now she has no further value. There is just no reason for her to still be alive other than that the plot requires Sookeh to be able to get to her.

If the Japanese Texan guy was behaving in a way that made sense, he would've killed Eric and Pam and kept Sarah alive only long enough to figure out how to make the cure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGTB4yH6pto

this is weird

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Ah thawt ah heard a voice. It sounded like Hoyt. Hoyt Foyt-en-berry? Did ah dream thayt?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

The Duggler posted:

this is weird

Its weird as poo poo, but props to HBO for keeping it going so long.

http://www.babyvamp-jessica.com/

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Irish Joe posted:

Violet was kind of pointless in the end, but I do loves me them old school vampires and their theatrical flair. :allears:
Hey, it was kinda Jason's fault she went off the deep end. I mean, sure, she had literally no tact, but she was always up to be a good friend in the end.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I like how in an episode where Jessica demonstrated super hearing an ancient vampire let an oaf like Hoyt completely get the drop on her.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
This episode had a nice collection of things nobody's cared about for several seasons. Queen Mab, Jessica being a virgin...Hoyt.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

I like how in an episode where Jessica demonstrated super hearing an ancient vampire let an oaf like Hoyt completely get the drop on her.

She was so entranced with her molten dildo that she didn't notice the real threat.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Remember when Tara's mom was seeing her on a cross and speaking in tongues and poo poo? What was the point of that? The result had basically nothing to do with that at all.

Tara almost shot her dad 20 years ago, but didn't. The end.

gently caress this show

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ultramiraculous posted:

This episode had a nice collection of things nobody's cared about for several seasons. Queen Mab, Jessica being a virgin...Hoyt.

You shut your drat mouth!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Sober posted:

Hey, it was kinda Jason's fault she went off the deep end. I mean, sure, she had literally no tact, but she was always up to be a good friend in the end.

Yeah, she actually routinely helped out Jason's friends and family when they were dating. She didn't seem like a terrible girlfriend, and Jason was kind of a jerk to her. That doesn't warrant murder, but we've seen a lot more amoral vampires on the show.

nooneofconsequence posted:

It's another of those powers that they seem to have solely when the plot says they have it.

They didn't bother applying the Hep-V makeup for this.

Nichael fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 11, 2014

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

That was not so great. And now the future drama is going to revolve around Bill not drinking her blood and being cured. Exciting.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

CODChimera posted:

That was not so great. And now the future drama is going to revolve around Bill not drinking her blood and being cured. Exciting.

Bill's personal demons are this season's Big Bad.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The contrived ending of that episode just proved the spoilers posted earlier.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

bbf2 posted:

Well considering the fact that Asian Cowboy and his friends have thus far been demonstrated to be nothing but honest, honorable, overly generous and true to their word to a fault with Eric and co for no apparent reason I think that's a pretty fair assessment.

I mean the whole "put out an inferior version than potentially possible to market so that people keep renewing and buying it" strategy can certainly be considered a shady one, but it's also pretty standard and accepted as a business practice and some basic research or business knowledge would reveal that this strategy was a huge reason why many companies succeed. For example, Bill Gates succeeded and became the richest man on the planet by putting out an inferior Windows product that people would renew while Steve Job initially came in second by offering the best product that his company was capable of.

The show even showed promise by making it seem like Eric and Pam understood the sound logic of this policy at first, but when brought out to its conclusion it made no sense. All Eric had to do was say "Okay, I understand your policy and I am on board, but in exchange for being your partner and spokesperson give me 8 or so vials of the unadulterated pure-cure Sarah Newlin blood that I can use for a handful of my friends at my discretion" and they would have almost certainly be fine with that.

Instead of anything like that, it seems like the final conflict of the final couple episodes of the series are going to be focused around the fact that the "good guys" made irrationally stupid decisions that pissed off a completely rational group of people that were willing to work with them, for basically no reason at all.

Just so you know how completely apt your analogy is: Jobs only died of pancreatic cancer that was caught in its earliest, treatable stages because he didn't get treatment. Not real treatment, anyway-- he chose to put crystals on his chest and apply some witch's poultice of herbs instead of using real medicine. Meanwhile, Bill Gates spends billions on trying to make the world better and eradicate malaria and poo poo. Maybe the end game is that all the vampers get put on a leash to society more significantly, since a ton of them will be needing New Blood to survive and can be cut off from it if they're real pieces of poo poo and all, thus making the world a safer place!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Out of all the terrible things this show has done, dressing Deborah Ann Woll in pink might be the worst.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Apoplexy posted:

The contrived ending of that episode just proved the spoilers posted earlier.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuup, and it's going to be really dumb!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

ultramiraculous posted:

Bill's personal demons are this season's Big Bad.

The big bad is a resurrected Newme as the Princess of Peace, except she's actually the Big Good and she kills all vampires.

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.

The Duggler posted:

Remember when Tara's mom was seeing her on a cross and speaking in tongues and poo poo? What was the point of that? The result had basically nothing to do with that at all.

Tara almost shot her dad 20 years ago, but didn't. The end.

gently caress this show

Yeah, this is what bugged me the most. Here I am thinking it's going to be some amazing, plot twist or something..

Turn out it's some bullshit about not shooting her dad? gently caress this poo poo.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Onion Vanguard posted:

Yeah, this is what bugged me the most. Here I am thinking it's going to be some amazing, plot twist or something..

Turn out it's some bullshit about not shooting her dad? gently caress this poo poo.

But you see, she should have shot him, because... bad things...

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
I was expecting to find her dads dead body or at least some thing valuable. But instead we learn why Taras mom was a drunk.
How I think the show will end

Yakuza attacks the Snookie snatch lovers group, Bill attempts to sacrifice himself but in the end fails. Meanwhile Eric wisks Sookie to saftey. Bill dies Eric turns Sookie. Jessica and Hyote get back together, and Jason ends up with Bridget.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

joebuddah posted:

I was expecting to find her dads dead body or at least some thing valuable. But instead we learn why Taras mom was a drunk.
How I think the show will end

Yakuza attacks the Snookie snatch lovers group, Bill attempts to sacrifice himself but in the end fails. Meanwhile Eric wisks Sookie to saftey. Bill dies Eric turns Sookie. Jessica and Hyote get back together, and Jason ends up with Bridget.

They're telegraphing that last chunk so loving hard that it'd be a twist if it didn't happen at this point.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
There's an auction of True Blood props on some website. I didn't see a molten dildo on there, so what's the point.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

There's an auction of True Blood props on some website. I didn't see a molten dildo on there, so what's the point.

Maybe they're just afraid someone will use it

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Cojawfee posted:

So did anyone else realize that she was literally going to use an iron forged cock on Jessica?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I hope you did, since that's what she said she was going to do. Not like she was beating around the bush.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
At least they brought up the virgin thing, you know, after a whole season of her banging dudes.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Apparently it's less painful losing the hymen the 500th time than it was the first handful of times.

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Karolina Wydra brought that one from home.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

I hope you did, since that's what she said she was going to do. Not like she was beating around the bush.

She was about to burn around the bush though.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

What the gently caress is wrong with me, this show is clearly poo poo but I am so eager to see the next episode.

Did Bill glamour the audience in one episode? Why are we still here?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

The Duggler posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with me, this show is clearly poo poo but I am so eager to see the next episode.

Did Bill glamour the audience in one episode? Why are we still here?

We are here to see just how bad they can make things.

And boobs.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

The Duggler posted:

Why are we still here?

Well I saw a strap-on and a st. andrew's cross so I got a little excited then pow denied

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
I normally watch at a friend's house, but today FiOS gave me free HBO for the next 3 months. Avoiding the remaining episodes seems next to impossible now...

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Hoyt is reminded of the past; Bill pushes Sookie away; Sam makes a difficult choice; Eric faces a dilemma when he's caught in a lie

So any episode in the past 3 seasons

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

The Duggler posted:

Hoyt is reminded of the past; Bill pushes Sookie away; Sam makes a difficult choice; Eric faces a dilemma when he's caught in a lie

So any episode in the past 3 seasons

Dude, did Sam even appear in the last episode? I don't remember any scene with him. God, this show. From main character for 6 seasons to dead, from main character for 6 seasons to loving 1 scene an episode related to a lovely will he/won't he decision to leave town. God. And SOMEHOW Dexter remains worse.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
In all fairness, you could probably count Sam and Tara fans on one hand (book readers don't count).

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I feel like we haven't seen Sam in a few episodes now. He was doing shots for breakfast moping with Arline, and then just nothing. I was kinda hoping he decided to leave and just didn't tell anyone, including the audience.

counterfeitsaint fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 15, 2014

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

No, Sam is too busy being mayor I guess or whatever the gently caress he's doing now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

I feel like we haven't seen Same in a few episodes now. He was doing shots for breakfast moping with Arline, and then just nothing. I was kinda hoping he decided to leave and just didn't tell anyone, including the audience.

If ever there was a show with more deserving characters of impromptu Poochie exoduses than True Blood, I'd be shocked. So many people on this show could literally say "I have to go now. My home planet needs me," and then drift off screen to die, and it wouldn't break the narrative at all. And I say that all as someone who likes Sam, he just hasn't had anything to add to this show for a while.

• Locked thread