Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

dk2m posted:

First car purchase:

I'm so in love with this thing

I drive a 2013 wagon but I've always thought that 06/07s had the best front end. Besides maybe the 2015s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

dk2m posted:

First car purchase:

Nice purchase, the best looking sub. I know I'd drive like a total dick if I had something like that.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

dk2m posted:

It's an '07! I was always hesitant about even looking at these things used because they are invariably ragged on, but finding a one owner example with all the work receipts? Snagged it immediately.
Balling. I'm still kicking myself for not considering the STI on the same lot as my WRX a little harder. Both '07s. Not that I would've bought it, but I dismissed it because I got scared off by noises that I should've investigated further. Enjoy that car. Anything done to it?

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Nice purchase, the best looking sub. I know I'd drive like a total dick if I had something like that.
This is truth. Having rear end in a top hat on tap at all times is bad for me.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Just picked up my new E350 today.

Pretty drat excited, this is the nicest car I've ever had. Also featured in the second photo: my Mazda 3.

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST

panascope posted:

Pretty drat excited, this is the nicest car I've ever had.
Read the text before the images loaded and thought "Jesus Christ he's had some lovely vehicles if the nicest he's ever owned is a loving Econoline van."

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

dk2m posted:

First car purchase:

Very nice. I wish I never sold my 04 Wagon. I want another WRX/STi so bad again.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

panascope posted:

Wow, I hope the chrome strip in the splitter area is a replaceable part... that's just asking for visible parking bumper damage.

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

Yes that chrome bit is replaceable and its in sections at a tidy sum of $417 for all three parts. We've already replaced a lot of them :sigh:. why is it so hard to avoid parking blocks and curbs.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Too many black cars, someone buy the one in front! The E55 sold today so now we're a monochromatic household.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Only loving Mercedes would chrome plate a drat OEM splitter.

Also, lol on the wheelgap and offset.

(nice car still)

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Gunbus posted:

why is it so hard to avoid parking blocks and curbs.

Cuz you have to be really familiar with the dimensions of your car?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Gunbus posted:

why is it so hard to avoid parking blocks and curbs.

Let's not forget extremely steep driveways. That's where I always scrape and I have a stock ride height car. :sigh:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

MetaJew posted:

Let's not forget extremely steep driveways. That's where I always scrape and I have a stock ride height car. :sigh:

I scrape on all kinds of things if I'm not careful. I have to be mindful to park about a foot back from where my brain thinks I should because the front splitter on the M3 won't clear curbs or parking blocks.

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

Das Volk posted:

I scrape on all kinds of things if I'm not careful. I have to be mindful to park about a foot back from where my brain thinks I should because the front splitter on the M3 won't clear curbs or parking blocks.

I have similar issues with my 335is and the M-Sport front bumper. The first week I had the car I was pulling into a parking lot and thought I was pretty far back. *scraaaaaaape* The bumper caught on the bolts holding down the concrete curb stop. I then came to the realization that it wouldn't be the last battle scar.

Parking lots with exits that slope down into a gutter are the worst. Slow diagonal driving is required to avoid bumper death. It feels like doing a slow, awkward squat.

I originally wanted a front splitter but now I can't fathom dealing with a bumper that is lower.

[EDIT]: Figured I could post a picture of my ride. Here it is after some autocrossing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_97dSZb3n_E

jink fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 11, 2014

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

jink posted:

I originally wanted a front splitter but now I can't fathom dealing with a bumper that is lower.

If that plastidip stuff was ever applicable, it's for that chrome splitter. Get some clear and just lay down a ton of layers. (Or make it pink)

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
One of the awesome things about living in CO is that there are almost no parking blocks anywhere. Because they have to be able to plow the parking lot. Up until my most recent car, every car I have owned has been too low to clear a parking block :(

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
My ZHPs MTech II bumper + slightly lower suspension basically makes my bumper a chinese finger trap. I almost ripped it clean off as I reversed out a year or so ago and scratched it good and broke a few plastic welds holding it in place.

Luckily some shithead ran a red earlier this year and ripped it clean off and I got a brand new front bumper.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

My pride and joy, sadly not on the road right now as I can't afford both full-time school and insurance... Sigh.

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT, 3.1L MPFI V6 (second generation 60-degree, LH0), 3T40 automatic transmission. 25 years old, 115,000 kilometres on the odometer. Bought by my dad five years before I was born, given to me when I got my license. Zero accidents, zero mechanical issues not attributed to "old GM parts in a barely driven car" like a water pump that eventually gave up and was replaced, an exhaust that eventually gave up and was replaced, and a TCC solenoid that-- you get the idea.

Enough yabbering, right? Pictures! Fresh from the driveway. Available in small, medium, and ginormous.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

jink posted:

I have similar issues with my 335is and the M-Sport front bumper. The first week I had the car I was pulling into a parking lot and thought I was pretty far back. *scraaaaaaape* The bumper caught on the bolts holding down the concrete curb stop. I then came to the realization that it wouldn't be the last battle scar.

Parking lots with exits that slope down into a gutter are the worst. Slow diagonal driving is required to avoid bumper death. It feels like doing a slow, awkward squat.

I know I could never live with the ZR1 splitter, but don't spoil my dreams like this. Bandit is positive that we can go lower:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

I really hate scraping my bumpers too.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Kazinsal posted:

My pride and joy, sadly not on the road right now as I can't afford both full-time school and insurance... Sigh.

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT, 3.1L MPFI V6 (second generation 60-degree, LH0), 3T40 automatic transmission. 25 years old, 115,000 kilometres on the odometer. Bought by my dad five years before I was born, given to me when I got my license. Zero accidents, zero mechanical issues not attributed to "old GM parts in a barely driven car" like a water pump that eventually gave up and was replaced, an exhaust that eventually gave up and was replaced, and a TCC solenoid that-- you get the idea.

Enough yabbering, right? Pictures! Fresh from the driveway. Available in small, medium, and ginormous.

Jesus, that's the nicest Beretta I've ever seen, and I was around when they were new. I had an '89 GT in high school (bright red, 5% tint, cop magnet), and it was a tank. I beat the poo poo out of it, as high school students do, and it just kept going. Got rear ended by a suburban once, no big deal. Then the girl I sold it to managed to kill it in a matter of months. Poor car deserved better. God bless you for keeping one in good shape.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't seen a Beretta on the road here in the rust belt since... goddamn, must be 2000 at the latest

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I bought a truck…And decided it needed to be more tactical

http://imgur.com/GngSiFJ

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

JaySB posted:

Too bad it's not a diesel, because a smoke tune and stacks would go perfect with that vinyl and those wheels.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

JaySB posted:

I like this alot. This is great for Vegas IMO, as the roads are almost loving warzones.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Motronic posted:

Too bad it's not a diesel, because a smoke tune and stacks would go perfect with that vinyl and those wheels.

If he does that he'll be seen by enemy forces!

He would have to lower it... automatically when it accelerated... perhaps a "crouch" button?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Motronic posted:

Harsh

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
At thumbnail size the door handle shadow looks like an Earnhart 3.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

Kazinsal posted:

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT

I test drove one of these in high school and my parents essentially said "fuuuuuck no". I was so obsessed with a 5-speed v6 GM that maybe 2 years later I ended up with a z24.

That one test drive changed what I thought about driving at such a young age. I've only driven sporty manuals since.

Godspeed Beretta.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Kazinsal posted:

I know people rag on Berettas, but I've always liked the way they looked, particularly the Indy, GTZ, and GTU.

e:typo

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
I am still loving my 2015 STi. I was worried when I got it that a few weeks in I would be thinking "well I could've bought a used XXX and done YYY and it'd be way faster" ...but man it does the, I'm a fast extremely fun 4 door sedan you can drive every day thing so very, very well.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery
Picked this up last week to share with my dad. Mazda 3S Touring.

Mazda did an incredible job with this car and I hope they sell a billion of them. It drives really well, is economical, and there are little details they put in that are really neat.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

TheGoatTrick posted:

Mazda did an incredible job with this car and I hope they sell a billion of them. It drives really well, is economical, and there are little details they put in that are really neat.

Those wheels are really pretty.

I've been really impressed with what Mazda has done within the past few years. I wish they had a turbocharged AWD car!

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

TheGoatTrick posted:

Beautiful car. Mazda's design language is really in a good place right now.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know, I still don't like how long the front end looks in front of the A-pillar

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I just want Mazda to make 2-door coupes again. :sigh:

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I like Mazda's looks, too, the last 10 years for them includes some good-looking cars and the prices are quite nice. But I've heard way too many horrible-rust stories.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

BoyBlunder posted:

I've been really impressed with what Mazda has done within the past few years. I wish they had a turbocharged AWD car!

You are familiar with the mazdaspeed6, right?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

You are familiar with the mazdaspeed6, right?

Sure would be nice if there was one in existence newer than seven years old, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

BoyBlunder posted:

If I remember right they have a CX-5 that's AWD and turbo. But its a CX-5 and LOLOLOL those cars SUCK DICK!!!