Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mister Macys posted:

I'm sold. On the single player for once.

That said; loving :lol: at a corporation rebuilding infrastructure better than a government. Libertarian whopper of the century. :laffo:

To be fair. they seem like they will be evil; much like real libertarians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

OneDeadman posted:

UAV's are way too powerful, now replacing it as the cheapest scorestreak is RC-XD now with hot JumpJets at 2 points to earn it.

Secret RC-XD race tracks on every map.

I wouldn't mind seeing the RC-XD and the secret tracks make a return as they were fun. But only bring them back if Flak-Jacket is also returning (I don't see why it wouldn't) and provides a counter to them.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing the RC-XD and the secret tracks make a return as they were fun. But only bring them back if Flak-Jacket is also returning (I don't see why it wouldn't) and provides a counter to them.

I want to be able to ride a RC-XD like this..

http://www.dogtheblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Roombacat.gif

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is it the 11th yet? No? gently caress YOU! :argh:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bYrtw6KF78

:shepicide:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
God dammit I'm gonna wind up spending like 700 bucks to play Call of Duty and Halo. :shepspends:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Uuuunnnnnnnfff

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
So there's a rumor going around that during Gamescom they'll announce a beta as a pre-order bonus. Not sure I believe it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Javes posted:

So there's a rumor going around that during Gamescom they'll announce a beta as a pre-order bonus. Not sure I believe it.
Activision put out a poll a while ago asking what pre-order bonuses we want and a beta was one option. With the 3 year dev cycle they actually have time for one now.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Here's some more rumors about actual content in the game. Some Brazillian youtuber apparently has lekaed info. Found this on the Advanced Warfare subreddit. Guess we will know if it's true on Monday.

-Create-a-Class from BO2 is back, but is now Pick-13 instead of Pick-10. Scorestreaks are now in as well, and each killstreak uses up a point like other items.
-Scorestreaks have an upgrade system, each with a total of 5 to choose from, and a maximum of 3 upgrades to be done at once. It will cost more to get as it is upgraded.
-UAV will be back to being a plane
-Orbital VSAT is back (with a different name)
-Care Package is back as a Scorestreak.
-There will be a "titan"-like scorestreak to be controlled.
-There will only be one grenade slot (be it tactical or Lethal)."Confirmed" nades up to now are Threat Grenade (scans enemy through walls), Flash Grenade, EMP, and a random one which selects one of the three. There will also be Semtex and Frag Grenade.
-Cycle Grenade (as seen in E3 Single Player) will not be in Multiplayer mode, and the lethal grenade that scans, targets and explodes will also not be present.
-The other nade spot "became" exo-suit abilities. With it one can choose a new specific ability, such as to become invisible, or to improve an existent one.
-Dash and Double-jump, exo suit abilities, are available to ALL players, despite of their perks.
-The minimap will differentiate players in different levels and which way are they shooting at.
-9x9 is now the standard mode in Next Gen playlists (at least). Old Gen is unsure.
-Double-jump does not have a "limit". Dash is also unlimited but one has to wait a few seconds in between Dashes.
-On the ground one can dash sideways and backwards. Trying to dash forward will make the character run. In the air one can dash forward as well as in the other directions.
-There is no wall-climbing as seen in the first trailer.
-EMP grenade will deactivate Exo-skeleton suit abilities, like dashing, double-jumping and other abilities.
-Any exo-suit abilities or movement, such as dashing or jumping will make you visible on the minimap, and there are perks/upgrades that might silence them, like a silencer on a weapon (This would be one of the upgrades that would be used in place of a second grenade).
-Exo-suit customization is back just like Ghost's style, but is more intense. One can personalize more, even individual clothing.
-Many maps will be dynamic, such as the tsunami map. That Tsunami does not affect a great part of the map. Another map has an exploding volcano that affects some parts of the map. The dynamism is slight and minimap, nothing like "Levolution" from Battlefield.
-There will be a "Classic" mode that does not have exo-suit abilities, like dashing and double-jumping. That is, good-old COD.
-The game "feeling" feels a lot like BO2

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
All of that sounds amazing and is pushing me further and further into giving sledgehammer all my cash.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Yeah it all sounds great, the only thing I'm concerned about is the 'Classic' playlist. Why have something to fragment the playerbase even more so?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Javes posted:

Yeah it all sounds great, the only thing I'm concerned about is the 'Classic' playlist. Why have something to fragment the playerbase even more so?

mlg

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's the only thing you can do. It honestly really sounds like Sledehammer is taking a honest try at semi-overhauling CoD or at least injecting some much needed new life into it. If you're gonna do that with such a big series, you also need to give the babies who will whine about any kind of change their security blankets.

That thing about upgrading scorestreaks sounds really similar to a rumor I heard last week. I know it probably doesn't mean anything, but man, I cannot wait for the 11th.

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

Javes posted:

-9x9 is now the standard mode in Next Gen playlists (at least). Old Gen is unsure.

-Any exo-suit abilities or movement, such as dashing or jumping will make you visible on the minimap, and there are perks/upgrades that might silence them, like a silencer on a weapon (This would be one of the upgrades that would be used in place of a second grenade).

If you go back and look at the minimap from the last trailer you do see icons representing 8-9 people on the same team.

The enemy doesn't appear on the minimap when they use their jetpack/double jump, but it is possible they are running that stealth movement perk/upgrade.

JetpackJeezus fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 10, 2014

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Actually sounds pretty good. Though it seems like putting together a full 9 man party night after night might get challenging as interest fades.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

Javes posted:

I'm not a fan of the Classic idea either, but they'd probably just get hate-spammed on social media until they added it anyway by the "I'm terrified of change!" crowd.

Overall, this sounds like Black Ops 3. I'm on board.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Assuming they do show up just imagine the kind of silly poo poo you could pull off with riot shield+c4.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

A Dire Weresloth posted:

Overall, this sounds like Black Ops 3. I'm on board.

Kinda makes you wonder if they asked Treyarch for some help. It'd be nice if these guys actually worked together occasionally so there'd be some level of consistency across the games.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Those rumors sound like common sense to me, so I hope they are in.

It makes me think of that time the Black Ops rumors got posted and it was poo poo like "there will be a perk so you can dive sideways as well as forward" and it just sort of reeked of bullshit.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
That stuff all sounds fun, looking forward to when MLG kids bitch and they take it all out.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

sba posted:

That stuff all sounds fun, looking forward to when MLG kids bitch and they take it all out.

Ideally, they'd leave the fun poo poo in, but disable it in the "Classic" lobbies. That way, we get to have our fun, and the Sour Patch Kids can show off their 'sick gun sk1llz' somewhere away from civilized people like us.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Fibby Boy posted:

Assuming they do show up just imagine the kind of silly poo poo you could pull off with riot shield+c4.

don't get my hopes up like that

(double jumping over someone and dropping C4 on them would be amazing, though)

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Just two more hours until we get excited about November! :fap:

And just 3 1/2 more months or so until we hate the new game again!

The circle of COD...

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I can't wait for January when everyone mysteriously decides that Ghosts was actually ok and we start playing this DLC I paid for. :shepicide:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Wazzit posted:

I can't wait for January when everyone mysteriously decides that Ghosts was actually ok and we start playing this DLC I paid for. :shepicide:

Or everyone buys the PS4/Xbone upgrade of BLOPS 2 for $60, since apparently just re-skinning games for next gen is the new hotness.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

sba posted:

Or everyone buys the PS4/Xbone upgrade of BLOPS 2 for $60, since apparently just re-skinning games for next gen is the new hotness.
That would make me so happy. I'm not exactly thrilled about this exo suit nonsense.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Look at all the empty seats! It turns out no one actually wants to see the game!

Also, look at these tier 1 operators.

Javes fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Aug 11, 2014

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

hey guys found this feature list from a very trusted source who may or may not be the brother of my father and who may or may not have gotten a job at Activision after he quit his job at Nintendo:

-game will feature two teams going head to head
-score "streaks" will rely on players acquiring kills without dying to get rewards that aren't as cool as the ones in MW2 (I forgot to even make fun of this in the OP)
-certain weapons will be semi auto, others will mostly be full auto, but it's ok because you can choose which one you use--more info to come on this "customized class" feature as it becomes available
-UAV, care package, lovely helicopter and sentry gun, as well as C4, frag grenades, and some sort of mine device will all return in Advanced Warfare after an extended 0 game absence from the series
-there will be a heavily advertised Levelutionary feature that positively buries Verticality, and it will be featured prominently in 1 maps

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
thank god, i was worried there'd be no verticality

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Wazzit posted:

There's no way this actually happens, right? I found it weird enough when people did it for MW3, but Ghosts has like no redeemig qualities.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

VJeff posted:

There's no way this actually happens, right? I found it weird enough when people did it for MW3, but Ghosts has like no redeemig qualities.
I would have enjoyed MW3 if it wren't for the awful, awful netcode which apparently didn't affect some people. Ghosts actually seemed to have decent netcode when I played but the game itself was just dreary.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Aw yiss

Motha
Fuckin
Swimmin

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

It looks pretty good! :shepicide:

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

Wazzit posted:

It looks pretty good! :shepicide:

I want that orbital death ray so bad.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I'm glad they're finally introducing Verticality (tm) to the Call Of Duty series.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
"introduces verticality," hahahaha.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Shield looks to be deployable from the exo-suit, but with a battery time-limit?

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

loving World of Warduty...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"Directed Energy Weapons," there's your fuckin' lasers.

• Locked thread