Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh god, please don't let us buy Supply Drops, I don't want Call of Pay2Win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius
Oh jeez, random drops.

Also, something about "reinforcements"? Sounds like the burn cards from Titanfall, kinda.

EDIT - Good god these guys are loving corny, I can't stand the totally-not-scripted "jokes" they keep throwing in.

Customizable scorestreaks sound crazy.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Everyone is enjoying the Activision company meeting it looks like.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Create a Class looks very similar to Blops 2, yeah. And the 0 to 4 scorestreaks thing confirmed.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

This forced banter is the worst.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

"Co-op scorestreaks" wtf

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Merry Marauder posted:

Create a Class looks very similar to Blops 2, yeah. And the 0 to 4 scorestreaks thing confirmed.

Seems like all that stuff is confirmed, so Classic Mode is probably gonna get announced soon.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
It's awful. (the banter)

Oh, God, Co-op streaks, I foresee one poor bastard actually capping points halfway through the game and everyone else up in the sky.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Hey, something to do during the Advanced Lobby Simulator!

Although I don't particularly want to have pubbies looking at my class setup?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is REISDOOOOOOOOORF the new VONDERHAAAAAAAAAAAAAR?!

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Hardpoint? And something based on War from WaW? OK, yeah, that's pretty great.

And, uh, Aztec Deathball?

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Holy poo poo they have that pseudo soccer game mode from UT2K3...TAKE MY MONEY NOW!

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

A SWELL DUDE posted:

Holy poo poo they have that pseudo soccer game mode from UT2K3...TAKE MY MONEY NOW!

BOMBING RUNS?!

I played that all the time with goons until it got discontinued as a vacant gametype.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Round based Domination. :smith:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
This already looks better than Ghosts

this is meaningful and special to me

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Wazzit posted:

Sounded like just for E-Sports playlists, but who knows.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
24 hours early access eh?? nice

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

I didn't quite get that. "The release date is now effectively Monday the 3rd"

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

So if you pre-order, or have pre-ordered, you get the game one day before anyone else, and double XP for that day.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Wazzit posted:

Not again... :smith:

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
Well if I wasn't buying an XIM4/PS4 before, I definitely am now.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

In the same paragraph as Ranked MLG playlists and customizable rules sets. Don't panic.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

Translated: "Preorders are no longer in fashion, so we're throwing poo poo at you to get you to preorder again"

And it's gonna loving work, because now I want to preorder.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Why did they have to bring danger close back? Anyway, game looks good.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

versus posted:

Well if I wasn't buying an XIM4/PS4 before, I definitely am now.

Wouldn't you rather get an Xbone and play with the c00l kids? :shepicide:

And yeah it looks pretty good.

I hate my life.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Javes posted:

Why did they have to bring danger close back? Anyway, game looks good.

Danger Close was in BO2 and Ghosts.

e: although I missed the description, but I'm assuming it's the same function as in those games.

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Spoon Man posted:

BOMBING RUNS?!

I played that all the time with goons until it got discontinued as a vacant gametype.

loving right!

I'm sold on this game just based on the modes alone. That is the single biggest reason I quit playing Ghosts. They took out all of the modes that were halfway decent and left us with Blitz, which although it looked good on paper, it ended up being incredibly lovely in practice.

CTF and Hardpoint should have never been taken out. Even if Momentum and Uplink end up sucking, it's nice to know we'll have some solid classics to fall back on.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

Wazzit posted:

Wouldn't you rather get an Xbone and play with the c00l kids? :shepicide:

And yeah it looks pretty good.

I hate my life.

When they added "You can have 4 scorestreaks" to the system, I swear I could hear the erections of goons everywhere.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
So running 0 scorestreaks will allow you to have a super soldier with a ton of perks?

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Super soldier with one scorestreak: SR-71 :pray:

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Nah, you still gotta pay for the Wildcards like in Blops 2. I guess you could get to 6 perks without giving away your gun and hoppy suit that way.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Can I use all of my Pick-13 points on batteries for my exosuit shield? Or maybe an AC adapter and an extension chord.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

/\ Uh, one of them!

versus posted:

Danger Close was in BO2 and Ghosts.

e: although I missed the description, but I'm assuming it's the same function as in those games.

It's different in each one.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Oh. Thought it was just an extra grenade/lethal in both. Another thing successfully forgotten about Ghosts :v:

Javes
May 6, 2012

So is it still 6v6 with ground war? Or is the rumor of 9v9 being the standard true?

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

A SWELL DUDE posted:

CTF and Hardpoint should have never been taken out. Even if Momentum and Uplink end up sucking, it's nice to know we'll have some solid classics to fall back on.

So CTF and Hardpoint are in Advanced Warfare, correct?

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

Nah, you still gotta pay for the Wildcards like in Blops 2. I guess you could get to 6 perks without giving away your gun and hoppy suit that way.

Let it be written, it is forever called the "Hoppy Suit"

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

A Dire Weresloth posted:

Let it be written, it is forever called the "Hoppy Suit"

Seconded.

venutolo posted:

So CTF and Hardpoint are in Advanced Warfare, correct?

Yeah, they mentioned those as "returning", "fan favorites", etc.

EDIT - Looks like there's some gameplay footage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZdjoSdXNc

Shnakepup fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 11, 2014

Javes
May 6, 2012

Yeah looks like CharlieIntel has some gameplay footage. Man, the TTK seems way too fast.

Javes fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Javes posted:

Yeah looks like CharlieIntel has some gameplay footage. Man, the TTK seems way too fast.
None of the links work. They work on the site:
http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/08/11/exclusive-gameplay-of-4-advance-warfare-maps-and-menus-defender-biolab-ascend-riot

• Locked thread