Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malicus
Oct 31, 2013

E-Tap posted:

What makes it hilarious is ... any healing ability you have (limited to Healing Wave in the Recluse's case) that hits and deals damage to an enemy also counts as a poison and starts the burst timer. Of note, regular fire and alt fire of Bio Needlers trigger the poison burst as well.

Does this also apply to Dragonfly abilities and Bio Rifles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Malicus posted:

It even applies to Pauly Shore and low tier Baldwins Buuuuuuuuudy

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Malicus posted:

I don't have a Dragonfly high enough to test primary fire on, but there's a thread that confirms it to work on the alt-fire of bio rifles, same thread that the perk is recommended for Dragonflies also: http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/catalytic-poison.4423521/

Healing Ball and Healing Pillar count as poison damage when hitting enemies and does trigger it, Emergency Response might as well if it functions in the same way, but I haven't seen any confirmation of it.

Edit: That's pretty funny if it also works with Biodome as suggested

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

E-Tap posted:

I don't have a Dragonfly high enough to test primary fire on, but there's a thread that confirms it to work on the alt-fire of bio rifles, same thread that the perk is recommended for Dragonflies also: http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/catalytic-poison.4423521/

Healing Ball and Healing Pillar count as poison damage when hitting enemies and does trigger it, Emergency Response might as well if it functions in the same way, but I haven't seen any confirmation of it.

Edit: That's pretty funny if it also works with Biodome as suggested

I was just making a stupid joke don't tell me there's really an ability called bio dome

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

BeAuMaN posted:

When it gives you the lvg rental, is it an "unlock" item? Or does it just appear in your inventory? Or as redeemable in your in-game mail?
Ingame mail

E-Tap posted:

Oh? Nice, I may actually invest in that.

JonusRockweller fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 11, 2014

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
A break from the ordinary - August 14

quote:

BEEP BEEP! Ger your engines ready pilots for this weeks Community Event! We will be thumpering by Shanty Town. However, we will not be using the traditional pew-pew-with-teh-bullets method. We will be using our LGVs, MGVs, Scan Hammers, Sonic Detonators...or heck, even your dang elbows! Any way you see fit to down mobs is a go as long as you don't use bullets.

I will be calling down an S3 tiki thumper. If anyone of you pilots wish to contribute a thumper as well, private message my forum account so we can organize teams :]

[Oceanic] The first time slot of the event will start at 5PM AEST (click to view in your time zone) and will last for around 1 hour. Whisper Mikachuu in-game to be brought into the same server.

[GMT] The second time slot of the event will start at 8PM GMT (click to view in your time zone) and will last for around 1 hour. Whisper Mikachuu in-game to be brought into the same server.

[PDT/ EDT] The third time slot of the event will start at 5PM PDT/ 8PM EDT (click to view in your time zone) and will last for around 1 hour. Whisper Mikachuu in-game to be brought into the same server.

We will be meeting at the SIN tower in Shanty Town. Please utilize the event chat via the /com command to avoid spamming zone chat. Keep in mind that you will need to be on the same shard as I am in order to see the correct event chat. If you need to get on the shard, please pm Mikachuu for an invite. We hold community events every week at various dates/times, so do not worry if you can't make it this week.

Mew mew,

http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/community-event-thumper-cars-thur-aug-14th-oceanic-gmt-and-pdt-edt.4831521/

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013
On that note, you're lucky if a sonic detonator can do 58~115 damage, but even a lv1 frame can do over 1000 damage with melee. Wonder how the no-bullet rule would be enforced, pure bullet reflecting mobs?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

JonusRockweller posted:

On that note, you're lucky if a sonic detonator can do 58~115 damage, but even a lv1 frame can do over 1000 damage with melee. Wonder how the no-bullet rule would be enforced, pure bullet reflecting mobs?

Cycles barely do any damage to mobs at lvl 20-24 as well. Not that it matters, if you have sin-blade you'll be doing 90% of the damage for the event.

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

I've been screenshotting amusing glitches I run into.

This guy sent his squad thumper off, and the thruster effects stayed. For quite a while too.

Invisible Bike

This one made me laugh, I was driving along back to Copa and suddenly these mission items fell out of the sky, getting all freaky with my car.

I've been levelling my recluse since I helped a buddy with BWA and got the blue recluse gun. It'd be a shame to let it go to waste...

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Morglon posted:

I was just making a stupid joke don't tell me there's really an ability called bio dome

Well that's not the -exact- name but it serves the same purpose.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
I just noticed that R5 significantly increased the brightness in the area surrounding Copa. I can only assume that this was in response to the critical reviews that have all mentioned that the game is way too dark at night.

The bummer is that it is still dark as poo poo in other areas. I guess they don't want newcomers to be driven off by how dark it is.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Apple Craft posted:

I just noticed that R5 significantly increased the brightness in the area surrounding Copa. I can only assume that this was in response to the critical reviews that have all mentioned that the game is way too dark at night.

The bummer is that it is still dark as poo poo in other areas. I guess they don't want newcomers to be driven off by how dark it is.

Makes me kinda sad. Pretty soon its going to be like WoW where the only difference at night is everything is tinted purple.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

quote:

Moving this to the proper subforum. By the way, with testing we found that Multi-Turret has the potential to drop up to 9 turrets at once again with the right prefix and modules.

Interesting redpost, anyone know what prefix is needed to get that high?

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

xxEightxx posted:

Interesting redpost, anyone know what prefix is needed to get that high?
Would have to be the Deployment Multi Turret, still, up to 9 again is pretty darn nice.
Deployment Multi Turret • 4
Deployment Module [Red] [Rare+] • 2
Fast Deploy Module [Red] • 1
Ranged Deployment Module [Purple] • 1

I don't see how they're figuring that out though. My math caps out at 7. There are no Green/Orange types that affect Deployment, and if they did, it would only be +1. Must be some Necro Module, only ones I've come across so far were Rapid types.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Apple Craft posted:

Heh. They made the nights darker in Beta because for quite a while one of the top requests on their feedback/suggestion-voting site was "Darker nights."

eth0.n
Jun 1, 2012

Cheston posted:

Heh. They made the nights darker in Beta because for quite a while one of the top requests on their feedback/suggestion-voting site was "Darker nights."

"Immersion" players are louder than "I just want to play the game, dammit" players. But not actually more numerous.

Personally, I'd rather just have eternal day.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
I'd be fine with darker nights if there were a better way to see at night. The flashlight is pretty weak and I don't think there's any night vision or anything.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Pesterchum posted:

The flashlight is pretty weak and I don't think there's any night vision or anything.
I like the flashlight :colbert:

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Yeah, night sucks. Dark nights are awesome in theory but the truth is that unless you have a really nice monitor with excellent reproduction of dark colors you end up with a painful, muddy mess.

How good is the Tigerclaw level 40 perk? I can't quite tell exactly how it's going to work based on the description. Can you only focus on one target? If you shoot as second target does the first target lose it's damage bonuses? Doing potentially +40% damage against heavy targets sounds great in theory, but most trash dies in 1-2 shots anyway.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

First time soloing the BWA as a level 28 (Caps you at Level 27) Accord Engineer, following a map (seen below) to grab all the crates. SLOW GOING. Pretty sure it took me a little more than an hour to do the crates alone, and probably 45 minutes for the boss...

(Anyone want to do a better map than this with the new color map? Or is there already one out there?)

... Then hitlersboner tells me that his nighthawk can crate run and kill all the objectives, boss in 17 minutes :smith:

Granted, I killed everything on my first time through. If I was more selective in my targets, I'd have a much faster time of it. That said, the Accord Engineer doesn't seem ideal for running it.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Aug 12, 2014

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Who has more deeps, dreadnought or assault?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

BeAuMaN posted:

(Anyone want to do a better map than this with the new color map? Or is there already one out there?)

If all you're looking for is cash, don't even bother with the siphons. Loot all the boxes you can and then leave zone.

I agree that the engineer isn't ideal for a full run unless you have a good secondary like an assault rifle and your PR is through the roof.

The Lone Badger posted:

Who has more deeps, dreadnought or assault?

Dreadnought. No question. Roughly double the DPS.

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Aug 12, 2014

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Inimicul posted:

I agree that the engineer isn't ideal for a full run unless you have a good secondary like an assault rifle and your PR is through the roof.

Well yeah but the same is true for any class but with the others you will likely also get a primary that helps and some skills. Not saying it can't be done because I've done it I just wouldn't want to do it again. Same goes for any other class with no decent long range option though and that's before you factor in that soloing the boss will most likely be a colossal waste of time.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Quick and easy money path.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
I can't stop luring enemies into cities or towns when given the chance, I'll try later seeing the restrictions a npc has on kiting before disengaging as I really think this has potential for getting some goons to kite as many npc's as possible and unleash them upon unsuspecting pubbies/towns/cities.

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008
There really are no "boss" monsters though. It was fun in WoW kiting emerald dragons into towns and watching them wreck pubbies but here its just :effort:

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Inimicul posted:

Quick and easy money path.

Does Cartographer let you export the saved waypoints you have?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Pesterchum posted:

I'd be fine with darker nights if there were a better way to see at night. The flashlight is pretty weak and I don't think there's any night vision or anything.

There are flares, avoid the rechargeable one at all costs. You need about a half a dozen to illuminate an area, and I actually like that night time really impedes visibility. I start scattering flares and it makes the world of difference.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

xxEightxx posted:

Does Cartographer let you export the saved waypoints you have?

Yes

xxEightxx posted:

There are flares, avoid the rechargeable one at all costs. You need about a half a dozen to illuminate an area, and I actually like that night time really impedes visibility. I start scattering flares and it makes the world of difference.

I like my rechargable flare. It has such a short refresh it's easy to spam.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I'm actually unhappy that more hasn't been done with the sky. Thunderstorms/Hurricane style weather would be awesome to muck around in, especially at-night if they can produce some good looking lightning.

What I'm trying to say is, give me more than the stupid wisps of clouds the current game has Red5, do it.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Thor-Stryker posted:

I'm actually unhappy that more hasn't been done with the sky. Thunderstorms/Hurricane style weather would be awesome to muck around in, especially at-night if they can produce some good looking lightning.

What I'm trying to say is, give me more than the stupid wisps of clouds the current game has Red5, do it.

Well the only other incarnation of weather will kill you if you're not careful, in one shot even.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
I always thought the whole fedora thing was a really overplayed joke, but I think i've seen more of that hat + aviators in firefall than any other visual gear. :/

So is blackwater anomaly (non hardcore) farming a thing? I've read a lot of how the xp was either 2gud or 2bad during beta, but I don't really know how it is now.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

The fedora is a visual drop from the copper token vending machine. My guy has a fedora, purple sunglasses, a strand of wheat sticking out of his mouth, and brown warpaint, with his brown bike. He's ready to solve a mystery like the terrible goon hipster he is.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

BeAuMaN posted:

The fedora is a visual drop from the copper token vending machine. My guy has a fedora, purple sunglasses, a strand of wheat sticking out of his mouth, and brown warpaint, with his brown bike. He's ready to solve a mystery like the terrible goon hipster he is.

To make sure no one ever makes this mistake again, and to link it a second time now that it's more fleshed out, here's my thread on the official forums with a ton of New You unlocks displayed that mostly can't be previewed. Make informed decisions when you play future warrior dress-up.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Sard posted:

To make sure no one ever makes this mistake again, and to link it a second time now that it's more fleshed out, here's my thread on the official forums with a ton of New You unlocks displayed that mostly can't be previewed. Make informed decisions when you play future warrior dress-up.

I have a very old addon somewhere that lets me browse all cosmetic accessories in the UI.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Applied to GOON2 as Raciann.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Lemon King posted:

I have a very old addon somewhere that lets me browse all cosmetic accessories in the UI.

Was that publically released? I'd have done terrible things for that before I bought all this stuff, and didn't see anything like it when I searched the forum.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Sard posted:

Was that publically released? I'd have done terrible things for that before I bought all this stuff, and didn't see anything like it when I searched the forum.

The only logical choice is to just unlock everything.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

xxEightxx posted:

The only logical choice is to just unlock everything.

The dunce cap is the last hat you'll ever need. :getin:

As far as addons go, I would like to recommend Map Awareness. If you are grinding frames, this addon is a real time saver. After you set it up, it will automatically track any events you want, any distance from your location that you choose, and link the coordinates for them in your chat. Click the coordinates to easily set a waypoint to the event, and off you go!

quote:

Features:
  • A load of options.
  • Inefficient and poorly written code.
  • No really there are like so many options.
  • Tracks resource changes, works in new eden and pockets
  • Melder support.

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Sard posted:

Nope, the browser was spun off of SUN and the majority of the tech developed for SUN was used in REIGN.

• Locked thread