Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Not even close. I know who it is. That account auction there looks to be for someone who went big in the abyssea era (all empy+2), and then quit, Came back briefly and decided to finalize leaving. He's got no recent gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

frodnonnag posted:

Not even close. I know who it is. That account auction there looks to be for someone who went big in the abyssea era (all empy+2), and then quit, Came back briefly and decided to finalize leaving. He's got no recent gear.

Speaking of, how hard would it be to get recent gear if I don't do anything like 2/3boxing? I was thinking about coming back with a friend, but I quit at the start of SoA (When Delve was new), but I'm really wary due to the low server numbers these days.

e: This is for my COR, probably.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Kazy posted:

Speaking of, how hard would it be to get recent gear if I don't do anything like 2/3boxing? I was thinking about coming back with a friend, but I quit at the start of SoA (When Delve was new), but I'm really wary due to the low server numbers these days.

e: This is for my COR, probably.
You'd get into some events as cor, but you'd really need the flexibility to do a few more potential party slots. getting to 119 in gear wouldn't be too hard, since you can also get the papers via records of emminence. The only event that's hard to break thru to is delve.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

frodnonnag posted:

You'd get into some events as cor, but you'd really need the flexibility to do a few more potential party slots. getting to 119 in gear wouldn't be too hard, since you can also get the papers via records of emminence. The only event that's hard to break thru to is delve.

I also have WHM and RDM at 99, and I think WAR is pretty high up there, but they are even worse geared :negative: RDM hasn't been geared since 99 was first introduced, and I don't even have a full set of Empy+1

What's all this about Trust? Is it kind of like the personal NPCs?

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice

I played this a looooooong time ago, as in when it first game out, but if you bought this account, what is there left to do? It seems like there just isn't anything left other than finishing the bastok and sandoria stories. What would be the purpose of buying this?

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!

Kazy posted:

I also have WHM and RDM at 99, and I think WAR is pretty high up there, but they are even worse geared :negative: RDM hasn't been geared since 99 was first introduced, and I don't even have a full set of Empy+1

What's all this about Trust? Is it kind of like the personal NPCs?

They're a lot smarter than the regular NPC and they're also specialized based on the summon, and are always at the same level as you are. There are tanks, DPS casters, melee, healers, and bards. They get some unique abilities and a wide array of weapon skills and spells, plus some passives (the thief ones give you treasure hunter 1). The nice thing is that you can summon them in to a lot of different battlefields and missions, along with some of the endgame content if you're stuck trying to solo everything, and you can have 3 at a time, which means they'll dominate lower tier open world content since they scale to your item level. You can summon your NPC on top of having 3 trust summons, but the normal NPC has much stricter limits on when and where they can be summoned, and you have to actually get XP to level it up for it to be even close to worthwhile. I don't think they've factored in any sort of item level scaling on the regular NPC either.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Male of the Century posted:

You can summon your NPC on top of having 3 trust summons, but the normal NPC has much stricter limits on when and where they can be summoned, and you have to actually get XP to level it up for it to be even close to worthwhile. I don't think they've factored in any sort of item level scaling on the regular NPC either.

According to the wiki it does once the Fellow is 99.

One of the other problems with the Fellow is that the Trust NPCS don't heal it, so you could be running around murdering everything in sight with minimal downtime because your Trust healer is keeping everyone topped off (well... until she derps out and decides to debuff the mob instead of healing... KUPIPI :argh: ) and then your Fellow falls over dead because every worm you've fought has decided to use Tremors multiple times per fight.

EDIT: On the parenthetical note... I mean, yeah, Kupipi has the best mana pool out of the healer NPCs, maintains her mana fairly well by only using MP-restoring Weapon Skills (which also helps Trion keep his mana up when she decides to use the AoE one), and has a fairly diverse skillset (she doesn't use Afflatus Solace like Mihli, but Mihli has less mana and uses regular WSs more often than Moon/Starlight), but her AI sometimes... "Ku~pipi, the Laziest White Mage" has become something of a running gag between me and my friend.

Copycat Zero fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 8, 2014

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Copycat Zero posted:

According to the wiki it does once the Fellow is 99.

One of the other problems with the Fellow is that the Trust NPCS don't heal it, so you could be running around murdering everything in sight with minimal downtime because your Trust healer is keeping everyone topped off (well... until she derps out and decides to debuff the mob instead of healing... KUPIPI :argh: ) and then your Fellow falls over dead because every worm you've fought has decided to use Tremors multiple times per fight.

EDIT: On the parenthetical note... I mean, yeah, Kupipi has the best mana pool out of the healer NPCs, maintains her mana fairly well by only using MP-restoring Weapon Skills (which also helps Trion keep his mana up when she decides to use the AoE one), and has a fairly diverse skillset (she doesn't use Afflatus Solace like Mihli, but Mihli has less mana and uses regular WSs more often than Moon/Starlight), but her AI sometimes... "Ku~pipi, the Laziest White Mage" has become something of a running gag between me and my friend.

Ferreous Coffin is my favorite whm trust npc. You know you can release trust npcs and then resummon them to regain all their mp and hp?

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Gruknor posted:

Ferreous Coffin is my favorite whm trust npc. You know you can release trust npcs and then resummon them to regain all their mp and hp?

I'm not concerned with them running out of HP/MP in the long-term (and it doesn't take more than a few seconds of idling for them to get it back), it's the short term that's often the problem. Ferrous Coffin is nice because he doesn't blow all his MP on debuffs that don't matter 90% of the time (like trying to Paralyze a mob that has 5% of its life left, KUPIPI), but I've had issues with him running out of MP mid-fight while trying to take on harder things (NMs at-level, etc.), and Mihli isn't much better because, although she has a larger mana pool than Ferrous Coffin, she also casts more spells and is prone to running out (and she isn't prone to using the MP-restoring WSs, as I said).

And, unfortunately, releasing/resummoning isn't much of an option with Adventuring Fellows.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Copycat Zero posted:

I'm not concerned with them running out of HP/MP in the long-term (and it doesn't take more than a few seconds of idling for them to get it back), it's the short term that's often the problem. Ferrous Coffin is nice because he doesn't blow all his MP on debuffs that don't matter 90% of the time (like trying to Paralyze a mob that has 5% of its life left, KUPIPI), but I've had issues with him running out of MP mid-fight while trying to take on harder things (NMs at-level, etc.), and Mihli isn't much better because, although she has a larger mana pool than Ferrous Coffin, she also casts more spells and is prone to running out (and she isn't prone to using the MP-restoring WSs, as I said).

And, unfortunately, releasing/resummoning isn't much of an option with Adventuring Fellows.

Have you tried using Ulmia+Ferreous Coffin+Cherruki?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Is there a comprehensive list of Trust NPCs and passive ability bonuses, synergies between them, etc?

edit: gently caress nevermind bgwiki has a good list.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Is there a comprehensive list of Trust NPCs and passive ability bonuses, synergies between them, etc?

edit: gently caress nevermind bgwiki has a good list.

Trust NPCs sometimes synergize with other trusts and other times they do not. It is weird. Cherukiki sometimes does not heal Noillurie at low hp, but only heals her when she is at 75%-90% hp. It is really weird. Kupipi sometimes just does not cast cures and only casts Flash and melees. Trust NPCs are better than a lot of people I played with in dunes or qufim exp parties. I am glad they are in the game. I am also glad there is a variety that is only going to be more vast.

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Now here comes the fun part...

frodnonnag posted:

Who is it?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Ramzus, which has me confused as to why cair posted it on bg, and as to why his contact info was removed (in several places) and his linkshell and profile changed on ffxiah, stating that japan 4chan hacked him.

Edit> the picture I posted of the bajillion REM is ramzus. That auction picture is some schmuck i dont know. As for "nothing to do" with that account, there is still plenty. It looks like it's lacking 119 on those rem, as well as all hard to get 119 gear, wouldn't be suprised if it lacked delve clears, or had arch angels access.

frodnonnag fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 8, 2014

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Gruknor posted:

Have you tried using Ulmia+Ferreous Coffin+Cherruki?

I've barely touched the CoP content in the ten-ish years I've had my account (I finally got around to getting access to Tavnazia and doing the Minotaur mission a week or so ago), so I don't have access to Ulmia or Cherukiki yet.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Copycat Zero posted:

I've barely touched the CoP content in the ten-ish years I've had my account (I finally got around to getting access to Tavnazia and doing the Minotaur mission a week or so ago), so I don't have access to Ulmia or Cherukiki yet.

Missions are uncapped now, so you should be able to easily burn thru them.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Copycat Zero posted:

CoP is worth doing just for the missions. It is a long walk, but it is worth it.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

frodnonnag posted:

Missions are uncapped now, so you should be able to easily burn thru them.

Gruknor posted:

CoP is worth doing just for the missions. It is a long walk, but it is worth it.

Yeah, I'm meaning to do them (especially since I just yesterday found out I need Limbus access before the AF reforger will even talk to me), I just haven't gotten around to finishing -- or even just catching up to where my friend is in them -- because I've been concentrating on leveling my main job to 99 and getting possible subjobs to 49.

I finally got into worm parties over the past few nights, which has caused me to jump from about 82 to 96 (with a bunch of merits in the process) fairly rapidly, and I hope to hit 99 tonight.

Copycat Zero fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 9, 2014

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Copycat Zero posted:

Yeah, I'm meaning to do them (especially since I just yesterday found out I need Limbus access before the AF reforger will even talk to me), I just haven't gotten around to finishing -- or even just catching up to where my friend is in them -- because I've been concentrating on leveling my main job to 99 and getting possible subjobs to 49.

I finally got into worm parties over the past few nights, which has caused me to jump from about 82 to 96 (with a bunch of merits in the process) fairly rapidly, and I hope to hit 99 tonight.

You should join raptor groups, faster exp, no fear of being raped by Mikey like a tentacle hentai.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

So I decided to give what you guys suggested in regards to farming Horns a try and it worked out pretty well. I was overly worried about Deelgeed's Torment Tusk or w/e that had the ability to cause K.O. on hit but even when he managed to hit me with it a few time the effect never landed and it felt like his biggest threat was all the petrification he can cause. Azdaja though was a bit odd for me on nin/dnc. His -aga IV spells were commonly hitting me for around 1k despite my thf taking much less damage from them on average and my gear for both classes is mostly the same save for 3 pieces of espial gear being swapped out for outrider on ninja which is 40 less magic evasion. I found that I could just stun all of his aga casts to just make him a complete joke because for many fights I had been sitting on finishing moves waiting for Baleful Roars that never happened. In fact, every Azdaja I've killed so far has not used Baleful Roar at all and everything I've read on him made it sound like this was a major move to be watching for. Do you guys know if his AI was changed recently or did I just get very lucky in my fights?

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Gruknor posted:

You should join raptor groups, faster exp, no fear of being raped by Mikey like a tentacle hentai.

I'm not sure they exist on my server. I've still never seen anyone ever shout for anything other than worms, and even then (a) they're not doing so particularly often and (b) there's never more than one alliance worth of people trying to do worms at once (and often the group ends up being there for a bit before it even gets a full alliance).

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Copycat Zero posted:

I'm not sure they exist on my server. I've still never seen anyone ever shout for anything other than worms, and even then (a) they're not doing so particularly often and (b) there's never more than one alliance worth of people trying to do worms at once (and often the group ends up being there for a bit before it even gets a full alliance).

Birds are a decent alternative if your server doesn't do raptors.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Holyshoot posted:

Birds are a decent alternative if your server doesn't do raptors.

Yeah birds is a great second choice.

Copycat Zero posted:

Then start the shout

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Gruknor posted:

Ferreous Coffin is just straight the best Trust bro in game, I've found out that he can actually cast Raise later as well so duoing stuff like your AF while leveling isn't a huge pain anymore. He obviously can't do it when you're solo as he goes away when you die but it was a very pleasent surprise to see him suddenly Raise me when I got wreaked through a door.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Am I reading this wrong, or did they add TParty to the official client? :psyduck:

Updating now, and just realized that there's probably a better download somewhere.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Kazy posted:

Am I reading this wrong, or did they add TParty to the official client? :psyduck:

Updating now, and just realized that there's probably a better download somewhere.

They did!, TP has also had an extra 0 added to it, it acts as if the .0 decimals are a whole point, WSes are at 1k now.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What is TParty?

Oh whoops this is the XI thread. Nevermind!

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Aug 10, 2014

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I gotta say, Trust is amazing :allears:

Though it sucks I can't bring them into Dynamis, I have less than 3k EXP to go in San d'Oria on my Relic+2 pants :argh:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Now that I finally have Ochain finished what content can I do on PLD where I can get away with not having Aegis? I'm working on figuring out Gearswap and getting that setup for PLD but I enjoyed tanking some SKCNM fights with goons yesterday and I want to do more stuff like that rather than just focus solely on farming up another shield so soon.

That being said, I did farm Tavnazia this morning and got 275 pieces of currency but I'm still fairly new to dynamis farming so I have a few questions for anyone that farms it regularly. First, whenever I look at dynamis zones like Valkrum I always see a number of people in there and I'm never quite sure how gauge if the zone would be good for farming or if it's overfilled and I'd just be wasting my time. I know that Valkrum can support several people farming at once but I'd like to know a sort of ballpark range of how many people can comfortably farm in that zone among others like Qufim. Also, if anyone has some farming paths they could suggest I'd appreciate it as well.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

You should be good to tank most things now. There are very few fights you NEED Aegis on. It's more so a quality of life item.

Delve 2 its a huge benefit on some NMs so you might need it there. Otherwise you are good. You can still get 50% MDT without Aegis so you're more than half way there.

Id wager the hardest non Delve 2 thing would be AA HM. His Mijin might be rough to survive on VD without it, but even then I think you'll be fine with capped MDT. It doesn't take me very low even with Aegis.

Try out some cleaving. It's pretty fun getting 1000TP in 2 seconds. :D

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
Valkurm is pretty big and whenever I was farming there it was always the best option, even with me and 3 other guys making the same circut. Following JA times go sheep > funguars > trees (whatever one is currently on the clock) in the northwest area for the best results, but flytraps > hippogrifs > Manticores at the west beach works too, they're just more annoying mobs in a riskier location. Don't bother spawning any of the nightmare NMs, they take FOREVER to kill and don't have much of a chance to drop 100's anyways, and stay vigilant on throwing out all the extra bullshit you'll be picking up (or just set up lightluggage to loot currency and pass on everything else if you're in a group).

Cleaving with an ochain is really fun, but if you want to pull an entire zone you gotta get good at finding walls with odd angles to cram yourself into.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Kazy posted:

I gotta say, Trust is amazing :allears:

Though it sucks I can't bring them into Dynamis, I have less than 3k EXP to go in San d'Oria on my Relic+2 pants :argh:
Trusts and the companion npc should be avaiable for Dynamis and Salvage farming. I really hope they do that next.

Condiv posted:

Now that I finally have Ochain finished what content can I do on PLD where I can get away with not having Aegis? I'm working on figuring out Gearswap and getting that setup for PLD but I enjoyed tanking some SKCNM fights with goons yesterday and I want to do more stuff like that rather than just focus solely on farming up another shield so soon.

That being said, I did farm Tavnazia this morning and got 275 pieces of currency but I'm still fairly new to dynamis farming so I have a few questions for anyone that farms it regularly. First, whenever I look at dynamis zones like Valkrum I always see a number of people in there and I'm never quite sure how gauge if the zone would be good for farming or if it's overfilled and I'd just be wasting my time. I know that Valkrum can support several people farming at once but I'd like to know a sort of ballpark range of how many people can comfortably farm in that zone among others like Qufim. Also, if anyone has some farming paths they could suggest I'd appreciate it as well.

I bet you could do AA 2.0 Galka on normal. The mithra might be doable if we get three rngs. The charm and pet will be a pain, but shadowbind and lullaby from a brd should take care of that.

Each Dynamis zone is unique in how many people it can hold. Valkrum can hold the most, Buburimu can hold a lot, but Valk can hold the most. Qufim can have 2 people per camp, if both people share. So about 6 people. That is just a rough estimate though, because people could be doing other things. Farmig relic armor, relic weapons, trying to get zone clears, etc. Tavnazia caps out at 1 person per camp, so 3 people is usually the max, but people never adhere to that and overcamp certain spawns. In valk the popular camps route is Hippogryph, Treant, Fly. Those three camps can fit two to three people comfortably. The other camps can fit two to three as well, but are more spaced out. Dyna-Tav is the easiest to camp, you literally run around in a circle procing then killing things. Dyna-Bubu is the only dreamworld that I have not camped more than once. It is a great zone to get relic armor, but it is not to my liking for a camping spot.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009
If you do Dynamis be nice and set your search comment. Put the mob(s) you will be farming, their toughness (eg: some people farm the EP/DC but some farm the EM/T/VT), the time you entered, and your time zone.

I personally did JA proc in Quifm and rotated between the EP weapons, krakens, and tigers depending on time of day.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

hackedaccount posted:

If you do Dynamis be nice and set your search comment. Put the mob(s) you will be farming, their toughness (eg: some people farm the EP/DC but some farm the EM/T/VT), the time you entered, and your time zone.

I personally did JA proc in Quifm and rotated between the EP weapons, krakens, and tigers depending on time of day.

I do Krakens, tigers, and snolls because my taru runs faster than speed racer.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~
Wait, I thought Dynamis was instanced? Or is it only certain Dynamis zones that are and others can have other people in them?

King for a day
Sep 23, 2012

Copycat Zero posted:

Wait, I thought Dynamis was instanced? Or is it only certain Dynamis zones that are and others can have other people in them?

They changed it- Dynamis is like any other zone now so you have to /sea to find out if there's room to camp.

Speaking of which, is there any particular method to get a specific relic to drop or do you just have to kill stuff and hope for the best? Trying to get my relic hands for my thief and I've very nearly collected every other possible drop in that zone.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

King for a day posted:

They changed it- Dynamis is like any other zone now so you have to /sea to find out if there's room to camp.

Speaking of which, is there any particular method to get a specific relic to drop or do you just have to kill stuff and hope for the best? Trying to get my relic hands for my thief and I've very nearly collected every other possible drop in that zone.

The relic items for pre-ToAU jobs all share a common drop slot. It's random, and certain mobs in the zone don't have a better chance of x job's drop than other mobs. It took me 2 weeks of nightly dynamis to get thf hands.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Copycat Zero posted:

Used to be instanced. Complete mission 5-2 for your nation (be rank 6 basically), zone into Xarcabard, examine trail markings at a city for the Vial of Shrouded Sand key item. Then head off to one of the beastmen strongholds, Davoi/Bedeaux/Castle Oztroja, and talk to the Goblin right inside. Buy Prismatic Hourglass KI for 50k gil, and you can enter a dynamis zone once per day!

Valle fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Aug 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Dynamis was never "instanced".

There was always only ever one zone, it was just you reserved it and no one else could enter. Now it's free-for all.

And I shot my Animikii bullet today :negative: But Hurkan WKR started right after and I was able to get another. I blame GearSwap.