Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
holy poo poo shut the gently caress up, here's this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUzR_fgEvmA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Stokes posted:

Hi I'm right here. You can address me instead of passive aggressively responding to someone else concerning comments I made. Anyway yeah I think I'll just type SJW again. SJW. Social Justice Warrior. It's just three words. It's just three letters. Do they hurt you?

I don't agree or disagree and the furthest thing from my mind is whether or not anyone else on the planet thinks the words I use are acceptable.

Sorry buddy,

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

TwistedNails posted:

Sorry buddy,

This is the only Opie shirt I believe in.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Call Me Charlie posted:

Dumber than a bag of chisels.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Multiple people have purchased this shirt.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Gotta admit, I've actually enjoyed the first few episodes of the Anthony Cumia show. Dice was entertaining, Sean Bergin wasn't as cringeworthy as I thought he was going to be, and I enjoy Gavin McInnes' insanity.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Paul Kersey posted:

Gotta admit, I've actually enjoyed the first few episodes of the Anthony Cumia show. Dice was entertaining, Sean Bergin wasn't as cringeworthy as I thought he was going to be, and I enjoy Gavin McInnes' insanity.

I didn't understand anything Gavin was trying to talk about. I felt like I was back in high school with the way they were talking.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

CrashCat posted:

Quibbling over a choice of words in a thread on a comedy forum dedicated to the self proclaimed defenders of free speech in comedy might be the biggest irony I've seen this year. Yeesh.
Personally, I thought the biggest irony was the multi million dollar radio host spiraling further out of racist control because a black kid emasculated him in high school. The weird, gun toting public persona he constructed to shield himself cost him his job when he was again emasculated, this time by a black woman. Now I guess he broadcasts from home and talks about how bad niggers are and the age of consent should be lowered to 12.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

- The Opester

:shepicide:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cory Lidle posted:

Personally, I thought the biggest irony was the multi million dollar radio host spiraling further out of racist control
No, that was expected. Well, I guess being fired for saying something stupid was also expected, but setting yet another precedent for firing people because of things they say out of work does fairly fly in the face of everything they said about that over the past while.

As far as his own show goes he's mostly been giving the same argument he did on Red Eye, and his racism is pretty much the same, though he had a bizarre conversation about old school racism and how racist people don't casually drop N-bombs like that anymore.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Aug 10, 2014

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
"N-Bomb"

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

In the midst of all this madness, Disco Dog finally posted the infamous 'Fez is a Subway Stalker' compilation showcasing Fez's bizarre behavior:

http://youtu.be/LW4AfjpzITQ

As someone who has been listening to radio for a while, is it something about the medium that just attracts people with issues?

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

As someone who has been listening to radio for a while, is it something about the medium that just attracts people with issues?

I hope someone answers this man, seeing as he has the qualification of "someone who has been listening to radio for a while".

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

An Enormous Boner posted:

I hope someone answers this man, seeing as he has the qualification of "someone who has been listening to radio for a while".

I have a Ph.D in 'listening a lot!'

<------ it's part of the 'Darkness' bit.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 11, 2014

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I have a Ph.D in 'listening a lot!'

<------ it's part of the 'Darkness' bit.

So does that make you a Fezician, a Fezicist, or just a very sad man?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Do you just want me to write friend of the family so you can quote it? Well there you go then.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
N-Person.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

CrashCat posted:

friend of the family

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

If this was the O&A reddit, you would have been upvoted like 50 times.

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
I like how opie has characters now and workshops them live on the air

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Hayburner posted:

I like how opie has characters now and workshops them live on the air
Jim laughed at Opie's twitter-guy voice and now Opie is a "voice guy." The show is better than ever all right.

Really hoping Big Jay's appearance on Ant's show today isn't bogged down with St. Louis rioting talk.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Cromulent posted:

Jim laughed at Opie's twitter-guy voice and now Opie is a "voice guy." The show is better than ever all right.

Really hoping Big Jay's appearance on Ant's show today isn't bogged down with St. Louis rioting talk.

I haven't heard the Opester's new voices, but I've always been bugged by how spectacularly terrible he is at trying to do any kind of impression. They're usually far enough off where it's confusing how he could even think what he's doing counts as an impersonation.

Incidentally, this also happens whenever he tries to sing or hum a bit of music.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Stokes posted:

Hi I'm right here. You can address me instead of passive aggressively responding to someone else concerning comments I made. Anyway yeah I think I'll just type SJW again. SJW. Social Justice Warrior. It's just three words. It's just three letters. Do they hurt you?

I don't agree or disagree and the furthest thing from my mind is whether or not anyone else on the planet thinks the words I use are acceptable.

Ok that's cool. You sound just like a complete idiot who can't speak without shorthand they heard on the talk radio is all.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Call Me Charlie posted:

It's one of those dogwhistle words that tells me everything I need to know about the person using it, like when somebody continually brings up the patriarch or privilege in a conversation (spoiler: they're a retard)

lol

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Well, called it with Ronnie hating Guardians of The Galaxy. He hated it from 10 minutes in.

It was more popular than he thought it would be so it was poo poo.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Ok that's cool. You sound just like a complete idiot who can't speak without shorthand they heard on the talk radio is all.

Man you really don't like acronyms.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo

Cory Lidle posted:

Personally, I thought the biggest irony was the multi million dollar radio host spiraling further out of racist control because a black kid emasculated him in high school.

Boomer Esiason is white.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Big Jay was hilarious on Ant's show. I laughed my rear end off pretty much for his entire appearance, which unfortunately was really short at about 40 minutes. Of course, the first hour was riot talk with dumbass callers.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Ron & Fez is live right now. Robin Williams memorial.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cromulent posted:

Big Jay was hilarious on Ant's show. I laughed my rear end off pretty much for his entire appearance, which unfortunately was really short at about 40 minutes. Of course, the first hour was riot talk with dumbass callers.
You forgot his benchmark "let's play clips of retard characters in movies" bit. Boy that's a half hour I could have used back. Yes, the racist talk was more entertaining than that.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

CrashCat posted:

You forgot his benchmark "let's play clips of retard characters in movies" bit. Boy that's a half hour I could have used back. Yes, the racist talk was more entertaining than that.
Yeah, that was awful. It was even more awful that Big Jay was sitting there the entire time and Ant for some reason thought it was best to do that bit alone.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

Call Me Charlie posted:

I just saw the alert on Twitter five minutes ago. It pisses me the gently caress off I can't rewind Rawdog and go back to the beginning. Maybe the whole thing will be on demand later.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Today when Jimmy was going over his sexual history was the first time I really missed Anthony being on the show since he got fired. You know if Anthony was there he would have been on fire when Jim was talking about his failure at anal sex and counting how many times he would suck on a little peckah.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

UncleMonkey posted:

I just saw the alert on Twitter five minutes ago. It pisses me the gently caress off I can't rewind Rawdog and go back to the beginning. Maybe the whole thing will be on demand later.

They got bumped for Chelsea Handler's simulcast but Ron said that they're going to keep recording and replay the whole thing later on.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Bubba Smith posted:

Today when Jimmy was going over his sexual history was the first time I really missed Anthony being on the show since he got fired. You know if Anthony was there he would have been on fire when Jim was talking about his failure at anal sex and counting how many times he would suck on a little peckah.

Well there's this: http://youtu.be/JQc0mKEHPJ0

I thought today's break was interesting specifically BECAUSE it was a "serious" version of the Devil's Creek bit. It made Lil Jimmy's sexploits seem a lot more disturbing and tragic than in previous tellings where they were played for laughs.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

Having now listened to a lot more Jim-Opie interaction, it's pretty clear that they don't have great chemistry. Opie in particular doesn't seem interested in supporting Jimmy's jokes and stories - he seems more concerned with getting his own point out (and then repeating that point forever). Often Jimmy will try something out comedically that is not even responded to by the Opster. Without that energy to feed a comedian, it's very difficult for them to go on riffs or be silly. I usually hate climbing aboard the Opie hate wagon, but his shortcomings in interacting with Jim are very apparent without Anthony mediating.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Call Me Charlie posted:

Thank gently caress. It won't ruin the normal show for today with the regular group of lovely callers waxing fantastic about someone who has never been spoken about on the show before.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ozza posted:

Having now listened to a lot more Jim-Opie interaction, it's pretty clear that they don't have great chemistry. Opie in particular doesn't seem interested in supporting Jimmy's jokes and stories - he seems more concerned with getting his own point out (and then repeating that point forever). Often Jimmy will try something out comedically that is not even responded to by the Opster. Without that energy to feed a comedian, it's very difficult for them to go on riffs or be silly. I usually hate climbing aboard the Opie hate wagon, but his shortcomings in interacting with Jim are very apparent without Anthony mediating.
Opie's always been distracted with the screener or the board or Twitter or a news story or who the gently caress knows what. He's used to being able to pinch off time without paying any attention and having at least two other people to carry a conversation while he dicks around with whatever his OCD demands. The sooner he understands that and requires someone in that third seat every single day the sooner the show will stop being awkward as gently caress.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Pepper's bar rescue guy impression is the best!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Call Me Charlie posted:

I had to look away from the screen. I feel embarrassed even quoting it.

• Locked thread