Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Shnakepup posted:

the description for Dual Magazine implies that you lose whatever bullets were left in a magazine when you reload.

I saw a tip on one of the loading screens that mentioned when you "speed reload" you lose any leftover bullets in your magazine. My guess is that speed reloading is the official phrase for reload canceling. So with dual mags, you can reload cancel without losing ammo because the mags are taped together.

It's gonna be a pain to break that habit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Shnakepup posted:

the description for Dual Magazine implies that you lose whatever bullets were left in a magazine when you reload.

I noticed that description when I first saw it. I watched a video to see what happens when someone reloads when the magazine isn't empty, and it appears that you do not lose bullets left in a magazine. Unless I've confused something, the guy in that video does not have Dual Mags, has 16 bullets left in his magazine with 80 in reserve, reloads, and ends up with 40 bullets in his magazine with 56 in reserve.

So at least it doesn't happen every time. It may be the reload cancel thing mentioned above.

venutolo fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 11, 2014

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013
Some Hardpoint gameplay from Tmartn's channel. The TTK doesn't look to bad in actual play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVi3Gl1AxWw

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Wazzit posted:

I can't wait for January when everyone mysteriously decides that Ghosts was actually ok

Seriously

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
So no official word on it being 9v9?

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

A Dire Weresloth posted:

Some Hardpoint gameplay from Tmartn's channel. The TTK doesn't look to bad in actual play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVi3Gl1AxWw

What the gently caress, there's a TitanGoliath?

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

Wazzit posted:

So no official word on it being 9v9?

Yeah, I don't think they mentioned it. So at this point the whole "9v9 standard" thing is still rumor. That'd definitely be interesting though. If that's standard, what would GW be? 12v12?

Also, can someone refresh me on what the War gamemode was? I never played WaW.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

War was like a single Dom point that would move towards the Enemy base once captured and once you cap the point at the enemy base you win. I think there were a total of 5 cap points. It was actually pretty fun considering how lovely WaW or Treyarch games are. :jiggled:

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Those are some boringass perks

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

venutolo posted:

What the gently caress, there's a TitanGoliath?

It's just a Jugg.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Been surfing around and looking at various videos for the multiplayer. poo poo looks fun. gently caress the haters.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
All I know is that the fun I had playing Ghosts for a few months this past winter was well worth the $60 and with the potential insanity of jump jets and blops2 similarities I'm definitely looking forward to AW.

Hopefully I'll have people to play with :/

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wazzit posted:

War was like a single Dom point that would move towards the Enemy base once captured and once you cap the point at the enemy base you win. I think there were a total of 5 cap points. It was actually pretty fun considering how lovely WaW or Treyarch games are. :jiggled:

So that's where Garden Warfare got the idea from.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Dum Cumpster posted:

I'm really, honestly, for realz not going to buy it until I get wazzit's first week impression this time.

The problem is that I'm a chump and will tell you it's soooooo good because Treyarch didn't make it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I thought this could be the game that brought me back to CoD (abandoned after MW2) but nothing looked very appealing.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I finally had time to sit down and watch the videos and it does look neat. One complaint is that the border markers for hardpoints are just a glowing line on the floor that doesn't stand out that well. The big floating chevrons in Black Ops 2 were more visually satisfying when you managed to dive behind one and score.

I was annoyed at Danger Close at first, but it might actually be balanced in a game where you can jump and dash away from explosives.

Also I wish we could get 60 fps footage of these games. With YouTube compression I may as well be watching the 360 port

Roman fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 11, 2014

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Roman posted:

I was annoyed at Danger Close at first, but it might actually be balanced in a game where you can jump and dash away from explosives.

Yeah, I think that's pretty much the reason. Pretty much everybody's gonna dash and/or double jump away the instant they see a grenade indicator.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Haven't seen any mention on how dash is activated from any of the videos I've watched. I assume it's the sprint button while holding left or right?

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

CheeseFactory posted:

Haven't seen any mention on how dash is activated from any of the videos I've watched. I assume it's the sprint button while holding left or right?

I read that somewhere, yeah. You click the movement stick in the direction you wanna dash. If you just click forward you start sprinting like normal. Not sure if there's any kind of forward dash while you're still on the ground, but you can dash forward if you're mid-air.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Are most folks gonna be playing this for xbone?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

jerman999 posted:

I imagine no one in their right mind would get this for anything else.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
I for one will be purchasing it on the xbone.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

jerman999 posted:

What's that? Is it like a PS4?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Getting this on an Xbone because we all know how much we take advantage of that early month of DLC.

Also I still prefer the Xbox One controller over the PS4 controller. The sticks still feel a little loose for FPS games. Overall I'm pretty happy with the Xbone, the interface was a complete poo poo show at launch, but they've really cleaned up the friend interface and the party system actually works now.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 12, 2014

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I'll be getting it on xbone because that seems to be where the majority of the cod bros I play with are going.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

jerman999 posted:

Bone.

Largely because I already own one.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Little shits couldn't even wait until the game came out to make this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUqHQt_KDGs

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I haven't made up my mind yet on which console I'm going to upgrade to but currently the only think the bone has going for it is all my cod bros buying this game for it. Which may be weighted enough to tip the scale against the ps4.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

Roman posted:

Little shits couldn't even wait until the game came out to make this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUqHQt_KDGs

Gots to be world first brah.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
drat the third titanfall dlc pack looks amazing. If I knew respawn put all the effort into today's new trailer maybe I wouldn't have given titanfall so much poo poo for being shallow and boring.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

I haven't made up my mind yet on which console I'm going to upgrade to but currently the only think the bone has going for it is all my cod bros buying this game for it. Which may be weighted enough to tip the scale against the ps4.

I'm justifying it this way.

Xbone is my cod system with all my cod friends and is also gonna be used mostly for shooters. I do want a ps4 for everything that isn't a shooter though.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I have no friends so PS4 all the way

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Fibby Boy posted:

Xbone is my cod system with all my cod friends.... I do want a ps4 for everything that isn't a shooter though.

That's the boat I'm in (sigh). The only two Xbone games I have are Ghosts and Titanfall for playing with CoD goons (neither of which has gotten much use), while I have ten games for PS4. I wish the PS4 were the CoD goon console of choice, but it doesn't appear so.

Has there been any word on resolution and framerate on either console?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Gung Ho looks like an interesting new perk. Anything to buff SMG's! Although it will be a lot of fun with shotguns, I hope there is a proper marathon in the game.

Also, little upset that they've gone back to a system that encourages you to only run a gun + perks. The CoDs are more interesting when people have lethals and tacticals.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I dunno. A spiked ball launcher is more than enough reason for me to run a lethal.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Here's my reason:
EMP Grenade - disable enemy equipment and exo movements. Can be manually detonated.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Meh. It probably means it only disables the double jump and poo poo; as opposed to freezing the player in place.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

We probs should start up a spreadsheet so we can easily see which console the majority of goons are on.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Please include a column for past COD and TF K/Ds and MLG championships won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
A boner for my friends.

• Locked thread