Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Welcome to the club! :) We have a keurig in the breakroom and run trivia on Tuesday nights. Annual BBQ is coming up as well hope to see you there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

steam community down for everyone?

back up for now

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Aug 10, 2014

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Goofballs posted:

steam community down for everyone?

Yes

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Oh okay so it's not just my steam that's down.

Gay

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Necc0 posted:

Welcome to the club! :) We have a keurig in the breakroom and run trivia on Tuesday nights. Annual BBQ is coming up as well hope to see you there!

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Envy38 posted:

I'll just leave this here

The legs in the air make it loving hilarious

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
When a bet on CSGOLounge says "Closed" does that mean something ended it without it finishing, and all skins bet were returned? Because the rest of my bets say Win or Lose, but the Dignitas -v- Epsilon says closed (I wasn't in to watch it, so maybe it was just a tie?)

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

ProfessionalNinja posted:

When a bet on CSGOLounge says "Closed" does that mean something ended it without it finishing, and all skins bet were returned? Because the rest of my bets say Win or Lose, but the Dignitas -v- Epsilon says closed (I wasn't in to watch it, so maybe it was just a tie?)

Yes.

You can look up match results/stats at hltv.org

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

Hey I'm bad (double AK) and I'm streaming myself playing some matchmaking http://www.twitch.tv/stiknork

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
drat dude why isn't the cache collection out right now I want to burn through the gabe dollars I got left over.

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!
My smurf is now in DEAG:LE.

LET'S DO THIS

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

FetalDave posted:

My smurf is now in DEAG:LE.

LET'S DO THIS

I will be down for a Deag League game in 1.5 hours from this post. Where do I sign up?

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Yesterday I had the game crash to the point of me needed to manually restart my computer. Anyone else have this happen? This is the only game where it occurs.

Also, I thought I was hot poo poo playing my Silver MM matches, then I played with Goons. Holy crap it's like I had never used a PC before.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Ok my interp ratio thing is 0 in my autoexec is this wrong

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
Apparently someone is upset about losing some skins in the LDLC -vs- Mousesports game, since 2 people from the Mousesports team keep getting DDosed (and they are already crushing LDLC and on CT side Mirage) and the 2Face stream is also getting DDosed.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Ok my interp ratio thing is 0 in my autoexec is this wrong

cl_interp_ratio should be 1, cl_interp should be 0

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

App13 posted:

Yesterday I had the game crash to the point of me needed to manually restart my computer. Anyone else have this happen? This is the only game where it occurs.

Also, I thought I was hot poo poo playing my Silver MM matches, then I played with Goons. Holy crap it's like I had never used a PC before.

In your video options try turning off multi-core rendering. My game crashed a ton pretty regularly until I did that.

Haha yea, I played a few times with you. You aren't the worst bad player I have seen. You just sit around a lot, almost as if you are afraid to take charge. Also, always aim around corners as if you were going to shoot an enemy in the face because you think he will be there. You aim a bit too low when you are walking/running around. You can at least kill people, and I believe we won a couple of the matches I played with you.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

astr0man posted:

cl_interp_ratio should be 1, cl_interp should be 0

cool thanks

BadTitude
Feb 15, 2003

Not so curious after the war.

Hey guys I was just sitting down for a round of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and was gonna eat my breakfast (waffles) so I put my headphones on and then went to take a bite of my waffle and forgot my microphone was next to my mouth and well you can guess what happened next!

Anyways see ya

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

ProfessionalNinja posted:

Apparently someone is upset about losing some skins in the LDLC -vs- Mousesports game, since 2 people from the Mousesports team keep getting DDosed (and they are already crushing LDLC and on CT side Mirage) and the 2Face stream is also getting DDosed.

i lost all my skins...

wuat
Jul 12, 2009
So the guy who runs csgo lounge is a pretty cool dude.
I found some things on his site that needed reporting & fixing, wrote up an email and added him on steam to make sure he received the email.
He was super receptive to help & advice, and ended up giving me a Minimal wear howl for what I found.
Wasn't really expecting anything out of it, and I was just happy that he didn't start screaming about suing me.

borf
Apr 5, 2006
When betting on csgolounge, am I unable to bet items from both my returns and my inventory? Everytime I switch tabs between returns/inv it clears my bet.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I get that DDoSing is done buy a 13 year old using Daddy's credit card to buy himself time on a botnet, but how does he get access to the specific players IP address? Are they available through the client or through an API? I've no idea how much ISP's charge for DDoS protection but you'd think it would be a must for any pro gamers.

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

NtotheTC posted:

I get that DDoSing is done buy a 13 year old using Daddy's credit card to buy himself time on a botnet, but how does he get access to the specific players IP address? Are they available through the client or through an API? I've no idea how much ISP's charge for DDoS protection but you'd think it would be a must for any pro gamers.

It's generally done via using either a skype resolver or calling the player on steam nowadays. They should be using VPNs but they don't.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Would a VPN not add an unacceptable level of latency?

Edit: Oh did you mean a VPN for whatever machine uses skype?

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 11, 2014

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

NtotheTC posted:

I think that if you call someone on Skype you can get their IP just from that. I imagine many players use the same name for games and Skype. Also I read that if someone is on your steam friends list and sends you a voice chat request they can get your IP also.

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

NtotheTC posted:

Would a VPN not add an unacceptable level of latency?

Not really, just connect to steam and skype through a 100mbit/1gbit VPN within a few states of your location and you should be golden. It would only add a few hops generally, and if it's a high enough upload it won't affect anything. A lot of huge streamers usually have two lines in there house from what I've heard, just to switch whenever they get ddosed.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
The only way to fight ddos attacks (against a determined attacker, you can surely get away with less against clutless script kiddies) is to either hide your real ip address or just to have enough bandwidth to take the hit (good relations with your upstream provider help to null route easily recocnizable traffic though). Consumer isps can't really offer good ddos mitigation services either as residential lines simply don't have enough bandwidth to withstand even the tiniest ddos. Letting their customers easily change their ip is about as much as they can do.

Also, hiding your real ip isn't as easy as it seems. Phishing and other social engineering attacks work wonders, even against people who should know better.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
What happened here?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Vahakyla posted:

What happened here?

friberg is way overranked calling fake

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Vahakyla posted:

What happened here?

Looks like you lost 16-2?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Badge guy and silver 2 guy were in a party. When you average them together you get SEM/nova 1 Tier MM

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

astr0man posted:

Badge guy and silver 2 guy were in a party. When you average them together you get SEM/nova 1 Tier MM

In a game of silvers and early novas, can't a badge carry way more than what he loses from the silver 2?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Sometimes your score is low because you just can't find people fast enough or you camp sites while your team is running around looking for people to kill like its deathmatch.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Vahakyla posted:

In a game of silvers and early novas, can't a badge carry way more than what he loses from the silver 2?

Yes, but mathematical averages don't really care about that.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Vahakyla posted:

Also worth noting that if they tried some sort of adjusted-scale, there could literally be cases where you try to play with a friend and never find a game because there isn't another badge+S2 group to match just right. So sometimes you end up with wild swings in skill. It just happens but presuming that silver keeps playing with that badge, he'll get dragged up into the novas pretty quickly and it'll sort itself out.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Release Notes for 8/11/2014

[MISC]
- The planted bomb now allows other players to defuse if the previous defusing player has disconnected.
- Fixed the butterfly knife having a quickswitch advantage.
- Fixed spectator view FOV being incorrect sometimes (like when leaving a player who was scoped).
- Added a convar to let servers disable observer target interpolation (sv_disable_observer_interpolation).
- Fixed a crash when bringing up the scoreboard.
- Fixed some scoreboard entries sometimes showing 999.

lmao @ that defuse bug

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
rip butterfly speedstabbing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

:woop:

• Locked thread