Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Captain Pissweak posted:

Do people actually buy books signed by people who aren't the author.

Goon mission: Obtain a copy of Che Guevara's "Guerilla warfare" signed by Tony Abbot. (The hard part is getting mr Abbot to sign it)

Eco-defence: a field guide to monkey wrenching, signed by Gina Rinehart would be awesome too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD

Gough Suppressant posted:

Tim Owen just admitted giving false evidence to ICAC yesterday. From my understanding your statements at ICAC can not be used as part of a criminal case, but if you perjure yourself that's a whole different matter :munch:

He also fingered Jeff McCloy saying the two had agreed beforehand to lie under oath.

Former RAAF officer and deputy commander of Australian forces in Afghanistan and Iraq Tim Owen turns out to be a corrupt piece of poo poo who lies under oath. What a shock. Makes the outrage about Stephen Conroy daring to question the integrity of our brave men and women in uniform look pretty loving stupid doesn't it.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Senor Tron posted:

Was there ever confirmation that they wouldn't be starting the six months wait until after people had eaten their savings?

It's part of the liquid assets test I think.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

duck monster posted:

Goon mission: Obtain a copy of Che Guevara's "Guerilla warfare" signed by Tony Abbot. (The hard part is getting mr Abbot to sign it)

Eco-defence: a field guide to monkey wrenching, signed by Gina Rinehart would be awesome too.

Wouldn't be too hard, find an edition the same size as battlelines, wrap it in the battlelines dust cover, present to Tones as an adoring fan, preferably as an attractive female for him to stare at creepily while ignoring the fact that the inside of the book he is signing isn't what it says on the cover.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Contra Duck posted:

Former RAAF officer and deputy commander of Australian forces in Afghanistan and Iraq Tim Owen turns out to be a corrupt piece of poo poo who lies under oath. What a shock. Makes the outrage about Stephen Conroy daring to question the integrity of our brave men and women in uniform look pretty loving stupid doesn't it.

I know several adf personnel who are outright liars.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Gough Suppressant posted:

I’d suggest also this: which nation most clearly shows white in conflict with brown, Western civilisation in conflict with the Oriental; capitalism in conflict with the tribal; reason in conflict with the “romantic”, the strong in conflict with the weak? In every fault line, Israel is on the opposite side to a certain kind of tribal Leftist. Israel is once again the canary in the coal mine of civilisation.

He's on a bit of a roll today.

What does this even mean?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Roy Morgan 56-44 to the ALP

http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/5729-morgan-poll-federal-voting-intention-august-11-2014-201408110707

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

hooman posted:

Wouldn't be too hard, find an edition the same size as battlelines, wrap it in the battlelines dust cover, present to Tones as an adoring fan, preferably as an attractive female for him to stare at creepily while ignoring the fact that the inside of the book he is signing isn't what it says on the cover.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

The chaser has the only copy of jonestown signed by Alan Jones.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Media Watch did a great story on the Mike Carlton saga, including a disscussion on the cartoon acompanying his article

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s4065281.htm

Ol Sweepy
Nov 28, 2005

Safety First

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-12/rupert-murdoch-misleading-north-south-poles/5604656

quote:

The claim: Rupert Murdoch says the North Pole is melting "a bit" but the South Pole is getting bigger.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Glad to see the previous fact check was on the premise of Lucy. Riveting stuff.

Bomb-Bunny
Mar 4, 2007
A true population explosion.

Seemlar posted:

Glad to see the previous fact check was on the premise of Lucy. Riveting stuff.

I get the feeling Fact Check is just there to make them feel better abour their toothlesness.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::psyduck:

wherein we all run afoul of the new anti-terrorism legislation

Come be a Vicious Lawless Associate... er, politically active goon.

Where: TBA
When: Saturday 23rd August. 6pm onwards.
What: Drink and talk poo poo about how world is fukt.

"Do you have stairs? gently caress. This is stupid."
No codephrases, just look for the potplant with Evil Teatime Abbott on it. I'll be in a green shirt.

But I'm a goony socially awkward ponytar neckbeard.
I dont recognise thats a thing, come out.

But I'm poor and the entrees are $26.
Eat before you come, or we'll organise a procession to get burritos from GYG or Grill'd after we're done.
If you are super prole I'm sure one of the nice wealthier goons can buy you a drink.

But I...
Come out.

I'm ALP Leader Bill Shorten.
Really?
No, not really.
Oh, thats a shame.

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Aug 12, 2014

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.
MELBOURNE GOONS MOBILIZE. We can't let these northerners show us up, with their sunshine and their palm trees and their militarized police state.

No, srsly, what are the thoughts on Melbgoonmeet?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Owen and Cornwell have resigned from Parliament.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:black101: ICAC claims a few more heads!

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

adamantium|wang posted:

Bahahahahahah

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kommando posted:

Eat before you come, or we'll organise a procession to get burritos from GYGBurrito Bar or Grill'd after we're done.

:colbert:

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

adamantium|wang posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Got a phone call from Grilld, they let me know my application wasn't successful and when I asked why the poor girl was caught so off-guard all she could tell me was "goodbye"

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

lol abbottsgonnawin
Seriously Anidav did you disturb a mummy's tomb or something? Run over an old Roma woman? Kill a witch's cat?

What did you do

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Quantum Mechanic posted:

Seriously Anidav did you disturb a mummy's tomb or something? Run over an old Roma woman? Kill a witch's cat?

What did you do

he had the gall to be unemployed.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

SynthOrange posted:

:black101: ICAC claims a few more heads!

ABC says

quote:

Under cross-examination by Ian Faulkner SC, who was representing Mr McCloy at the ICAC, Mr Owen admitted that he kept the $10,000 Mr McCloy gave him and "rolled it towards" his campaign.

Mr Owen also said that, in recent months, he had several meetings with Mr McCloy, who is now the Lord Mayor of Newcastle.

He said at one of the meetings, two days ago in Mr McCloy's office, the two men agreed they would both falsely tell the inquiry Mr Owen had returned the cash.

So I take it Mr Owen will be charged, seeing as he's not admitting it?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Small Keating posted:

MELBOURNE GOONS MOBILIZE. We can't let these northerners show us up, with their sunshine and their palm trees and their militarized police state.

No, srsly, what are the thoughts on Melbgoonmeet?

We'll have another one at some point. I never have any money these days to afford that poo poo. If someone else organises one though (Sisgmund??) I'll rock up

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Anidav posted:

Got a phone call from Grilld, they let me know my application wasn't successful and when I asked why the poor girl was caught so off-guard all she could tell me was "goodbye"

You dodged a bullet there. Grill'd (or at least the one I worked at) is a terrible place to work.

It was just like being back in high school except with the nauseating smell of atomised burgers and chips permeating my entire life and a casual roster even for part timers. Yay.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Quantum Mechanic posted:

What did you do

Let's see, ever since posting here I've ruined Bill Glasson's political career, helped uncover bots liking and commenting on Tony Abbott's facebook page, joined the ALP, joined a union, Taken Umart to town for not paying my Super and have educated myself using this thread to know my rights at work.

No gypsy curse involved, yet.

monolithburger posted:

You dodged a bullet there. Grill'd (or at least the one I worked at) is a terrible place to work.

It was just like being back in high school except with the nauseating smell of atomised burgers and chips permeating my entire life and a casual roster even for part timers. Yay.

I've heard stories of them not paying minimum wage and people hurting themselves and looking for first aid only to open the first aid box to find it empty.

Seriously this poor girl cut herself deep working at a Grilld, asked the manager for First Aid or to go home, first aid box was empty, manager would not let her go home. She had to work her shift with bloody paper towels on one hand all night.

Anidav fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Aug 12, 2014

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

So my dumb political establishment friend said last night that he agrees with the Newstart cuts ("the average Australian should be smart enough to easily have 6 months' worth of savings") and the premise of a budget emergency :suicide:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Jonah Galtberg posted:

So my dumb political establishment friend said last night that he agrees with the Newstart cuts ("the average Australian should be smart enough to easily have 6 months' worth of savings") and the premise of a budget emergency :suicide:

Clearly has never met the average Australian.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

Let's see, ever since posting here I've ruined Bill Glasson's political career, helped uncover bots liking and commenting on Tony Abbott's facebook page, joined the ALP, joined a union, Taken Umart to town for not paying my Super and have educated myself using this thread to know my rights at work.

I've heard stories of them not paying minimum wage and people hurting themselves and looking for first aid only to open the first aid box to find it empty.

Seriously this poor girl cut herself deep working at a Grilld, asked the manager for First Aid or to go home, first aid box was empty, manager would not let her go home. She had to work her shift with bloody paper towels on one hand all night.

I'm sending you a card that reads "I'm sorry we ruined your life".

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

lol abbottsgonnawin

Anidav posted:

Have we ruled out that Bill Glasson was a mummy?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
the political class are the worst humans on the earth, worse even than violent criminals.

this is why I hate house of cards

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
I am of course referring to the establishment, not cool outsiders like qm and rhodry

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

Yeah, a lot of people in small business/franchise get really put off balance when you ask that. HR teams/etc are used to it, they get it all the time. Pretty poor form from that Grill'd, but I shun those guys already.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Auspol September: Watch our advice ruin Anidav's life.

EDIT:
Auspol September: Good intentions, bad results.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

What the hell, Grill'd sounds like they were exactly the right kind of place that should have hired Anidav, only to get burned for it later when he sued them for whatever horrible safety violations he walked into.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

quote:

Mr Owen yesterday told the ICAC that developer Jeff McCloy handed him an envelope full of $100 notes during the 2011 state election campaign.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-12/icac-former-liberal-mp-admits-giving-false-evidence/5664746

Oh my, that almost sounds like taking a bribe.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

iajanus posted:

Clearly has never met the average Australian.

His family is rich as gently caress, a fact he only realised in the last month or so

I walked away in lieu of a response which I was too angry to properly formulate

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Jonah Galtberg posted:

I walked away in lieu of a response which I was too angry to properly formulate

It's easy, see you tighten your hand into a sort of ball shape, leaving the thumb on the outside and...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

KingEup posted:

Oh my, that almost sounds like taking a bribe.

Your honour, this couldn't possibly be a bribe. You see, the money didn't come in a sack with dollar signs on it.

• Locked thread