Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Some dude is streaming PS4 Diablo 3 on Live From Playstation. I got to wait until next Wednesday :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
This makes me wish Blizzard wouldn't hate weird people like me and give the PC version controller support. :(

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ularg posted:

This makes me wish Blizzard wouldn't hate weird people like me and give the PC version controller support. :(
Surely as we approach the age of the Steambox (and as Big Picture becomes more and more viable), things will change? I'm definitely a controller-based PC game player too.

edit: maybe someday the PS3 and PS4 will have the kind of selection and prices that Steam does, but until then, buying games that have controller support on the PC on the PC is still the smart thing to do.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Aug 12, 2014

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

James Woods Fan posted:

Some dude is streaming PS4 Diablo 3 on Live From Playstation. I got to wait until next Wednesday :(

Jesus. I didn't even realize it was that soon and I have a copy fully paid off. I'm not even close to being done with TLOU MP. Then Destiny comes out, and after that there is October...Too many games and not enough time or money.

I'm going to miss the simpler times where only one buyable PS4 game came out every month or two.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Ularg posted:

Port your PC account to PS4, problem solved. (After you buy it again.)

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

NESguerilla posted:

Jesus. I didn't even realize it was that soon and I have a copy fully paid off. I'm not even close to being done with TLOU MP. Then Destiny comes out, and after that there is October...Too many games and not enough time or money.

I'm going to miss the simpler times where only one buyable PS4 game came out every month or two.

This is my problem as well. With limited time to play, I'm thinking I may have to cancel my Diablo 3 pre-order until I finish TLOU. I'm having too much fun with MP that I haven't even bothered that much with the main game.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Arcsech posted:

I think the point was more that it's annoying that the PS4 doesn't have a 5GHz radio in it. Pretty much all new consumer electronics that have wifi at all will do 5GHz at this point, so why did Sony leave that out?

Cost.

Like it or not the PS4 had to be as cheap to produce as possible, there may not be much of a difference between a radio that supports 5GHz and one that doesn't, but when you extrapolate that to millions of units it adds up. The vast majority of people leave their routers to default and don't even know it has an option for 5GHz. Same reason they put in a 500GB hard disk and made it easy to replace, it's cheap for them to do and doesn't hurt the system much. Sony spent the money on the GDDR5 RAM, which will count more in the long term.

The PS3 was sold at a loss on each unit for years before it turned a profit. No way in hell Sony were making that mistake again.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Seedge posted:

I didn't even know you could port your account. Does a copy stay on PC? Because I may just double di...

GOD DAMNIT DESTINY! Just come out already I'm tired of buying a game a week to hold me over.

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

echronorian posted:

Dying light looks rad but I'll play both, I'm sure. Dying light is still 4 player coop mayhem right?

Yup, new trailer came out the other day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbeftjTF9UA

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Ularg posted:

GOD DAMNIT DESTINY! Just come out already I'm tired of buying a game a week to hold me over.

Breathe! It's nearly here! We should get some new multiplayer details at the Sony conference today to tide us over.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Seedge posted:

You can do that?? :stare:

I was huge into D3 when it first came out, max levelled all the classes but quit before getting too into the paragon grind. I don't have a gaming PC, but if I could port all my old characters over and pick up the expansion on the PS4 that'd be amazing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So many zombie games, and still nothing to rival Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't wait to get this game after a bunch reviews and people on the internet say it's great, but I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole until then after playing Dead Island. If there is one thing they taught me it's that they are better at making trailers than games.

tolaziforname
Nov 30, 2008

BGrifter posted:

You can do that?? :stare:

I was huge into D3 when it first came out, max levelled all the classes but quit before getting too into the paragon grind. I don't have a gaming PC, but if I could port all my old characters over and pick up the expansion on the PS4 that'd be amazing.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796660116

Blue post saying no. (From 15 months ago however...)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

tolaziforname posted:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796660116

Blue post saying no. (From 15 months ago however...)

Yeah a quick google search turned up the same result. Too bad. I'd buy it for PS4 if I could port my old junk over but I'm not excited enough to replay D3 to start from scratch.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BGrifter posted:

Yeah a quick google search turned up the same result. Too bad. I'd buy it for PS4 if I could port my old junk over but I'm not excited enough to replay D3 to start from scratch.

I'd say I'm in the same boat, but I love/hated it at launch so much that I just want to start over with a decent loot system and the expansion. Like, it was a pretty good game that was so plagued by stupid bullshit that I really want to go back and try it again after all of the changes. Probably not worth another $60 bux but whatever. I didn't think TLOU was worth buying again either and it's probably been my favorite purchase on PS4 so far*.

*second to Battlefield. Dice can't gently caress that series up enough to not make it the most awesome MP game out there.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Aug 12, 2014

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

BGrifter posted:

Yea, especially now that I've managed to get every class to level cap and have been working on getting the same classes, but with the opposite gender, working to level cap too.

Man Diablo has some fun gameplay if you can just put on some music and relax.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

I've no idea what the game is but I'm almost willing to buy it on the strength of the soundtrack alone.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

MZ posted:

I've no idea what the game is but I'm almost willing to buy it on the strength of the soundtrack alone.

I've seen a million screenshots and trailers for the game over the last year or two, and that first song is the first thing about it that's demanded my attention.

Now I just hope the game is good too.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

If I buy another year of PS+ will it just add onto my current November end date?

I've got some unused ebay credit I'd like to spend.

revolther
May 27, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

So many zombie games, and still nothing to rival Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Hey, Crimsonland is sorta like a completely charmless, unfun, ZAMN derivative, churned out for a 48 hour indie game jam.

Hohokum tomorrow should be cool for 30 minutes, other than that ugh maybe double dipping on D3 for couch co-op, though that already feels like a mistake.

Almost a year into PS4, still no decent games.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

MZ posted:

If I buy another year of PS+ will it just add onto my current November end date?

I've got some unused ebay credit I'd like to spend.

Yeah, it will. Or at least it used to when I last did it.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Hohokum is the kind of game I could see getting GOTY clamored when played winding down under the influence of good relaxing stuff, but then again even the normally "urgggh" feeling Giantbomb crew absolutely loved it in a Quicklook video from a while before E3 this year. The feelings you get from Katamari, the visuals of Katamari, 2D side-view.

I kinda want it.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

revolther posted:

what

There's clearly something wrong here. Not one of the PS+ games was enjoyable? You didn't like TLOU? Or Wolfenstein? Or... you get the point.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Seedge posted:

what

There's clearly something wrong here. Not one of the PS+ games was enjoyable? You didn't like TLOU? Or Wolfenstein? Or... you get the point.
Everyone is welcome to their opinion no matter how astonishingly wrong it is :q:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

bagina posted:

Everyone is welcome to their opinion no matter how astonishingly wrong it is :q:

No. It's thinking like that which gave rise to Hitler.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

MrLonghair posted:

Hohokum is the kind of game I could see getting GOTY clamored when played winding down under the influence of good relaxing stuff, but then again even the normally "urgggh" feeling Giantbomb crew absolutely loved it in a Quicklook video from a while before E3 this year. The feelings you get from Katamari, the visuals of Katamari, 2D side-view.

I kinda want it.

I don't have time to listen to the entire soundtrack because I have to leave for work here in a few, but the first track really reminds me of Shatter's soundtrack, which is such a good thing. I'll probably buy this thing before the day is over.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

revolther posted:

Hey, Crimsonland is sorta like a completely charmless, unfun, ZAMN derivative, churned out for a 48 hour indie game jam.

Hohokum tomorrow should be cool for 30 minutes, other than that ugh maybe double dipping on D3 for couch co-op, though that already feels like a mistake.

lol if you bought ps4 before the deluge of game over the next 4 months

revolther
May 27, 2008
Oh sorry, I mean almost a year into PS4 and still playing Resogun. What have we gotten from PS+ that wasn't effectively a free browser based PC game?

It's been lackluster, remasters are something I try to avoid and honestly TLOU never appealed to me, and I'm not into linear (or even 2 path!) shooters.

And renting something I'd finish in a weekend wouldn't validate an entire console for me.

No LBP or similar to scratch the cute and content rich itch, not a decent racing title out so NFS has collected dust from day one, nothing grandiose or large scale like MAG or even falsely so like War/Starhawk. Nothing innovative or exciting using the PSeye/Camera since release. Not even a set piece brawler. poo poo even the "competitive" MP games were terrible and Battlefield is only now reaching levels of playability.

The sports titles have been largely miss, Nba2k14 has probably been the winner for me so far, and I ain't a sports guy, at all.

Hohokum looks cute, but GOTY? Was Flow anyone's game of the year?

I could hype myself for No Man's Sky, but I think everyone is already skeptical enough of that.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

NESguerilla posted:

*second to Battlefield. Dice can't gently caress that series up enough to not make it the most awesome MP game out there.

Pretty much this. The Battlefield series, even buggy, always interests me way more than the competition and I tend to stick with the game much longer. It's too bad some other company doesn't try to make a comparable game.

revolther posted:

Are you just talking PS+ free games? MLB the Show, Infamous, BF4 (at least since January or so), Wolfenstein...all of these were pretty drat good games. TLoU Remastered is also fantastic for people who never played it.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

revolther posted:

Oh sorry, I mean almost a year into PS4 and still playing Resogun. What have we gotten from PS+ that wasn't effectively a free browser based PC game?

It's been lackluster, remasters are something I try to avoid and honestly TLOU never appealed to me, and I'm not into linear (or even 2 path!) shooters.

And renting something I'd finish in a weekend wouldn't validate an entire console for me.

No LBP or similar to scratch the cute and content rich itch, not a decent racing title out so NFS has collected dust from day one, nothing grandiose or large scale like MAG or even falsely so like War/Starhawk. Nothing innovative or exciting using the PSeye/Camera since release. Not even a set piece brawler. poo poo even the "competitive" MP games were terrible and Battlefield is only now reaching levels of playability.

The sports titles have been largely miss, Nba2k14 has probably been the winner for me so far, and I ain't a sports guy, at all.

Hohokum looks cute, but GOTY? Was Flow anyone's game of the year?

I could hype myself for No Man's Sky, but I think everyone is already skeptical enough of that.

Some of the most fun I've had this year has been Sportsfriends and Towerfall with friends. Injustice has been a great brawler. As for Plus, Strider is great. Pixeljunk Shooter was great. Transistor's my GOTY so far. Also, you should try to borrow TLOU, it's one of the best story based shooters out there.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Out of all the games you mentioned, infamous was the only one he didn't already say he didn't like. Reading hard :downs:

No go on Black Flag? If you didn't like the other AC games don't let that turn you off this one. Being a pirate is rad.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The next Tomb Raider was just announced as exclusive to the bone. Probably timed but still kinda crazy.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Rinkles posted:

The next Tomb Raider was just announced as exclusive to the bone. Probably timed but still kinda crazy.

Gives me more time to finish the remaster (which is really good).

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

That sucks. I really liked the last one.

Too bad you should really only do exclusive AAA titles like that when they're big enough to get people to buy your console. People would buy a console for GTA6 if it was exclusive. No one is going to rush out to get a bone because of Tomb Raider.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Rinkles posted:

:wtc:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Eurogamer thinks it's a permanent exclusive. If they do a 360 version I'll get that one, if not I'll be kinda sad for a bit.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

haveblue posted:

Eurogamer thinks it's a permanent exclusive. If they do a 360 version I'll get that one, if not I'll be kinda sad for a bit.

Yeah, ok. Plenty of games were supposed to be "permanent exclusives". If it's not something like Uncharted then I expect to see it go cross-plat eventually.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/rise-of-the-tomb-raider#fbid=WwmRhWWzbrv

They list a 360 version here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Rinkles posted:

That's really stupid. Oh, well. Their loss, really.

• Locked thread