Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Austrian mook posted:

I have never played it. The 3DS hurts my hands generally, and I can't play in transit so I don't really play that often. That, and the control complaints scared me off.

The control simultaneously isn't as bad as the internet would have you believe and still sometimes a hindrance. I dunno how it is on the XL but for me, after a level or two, my fingers get all tingly and numb and I have to put it down until feeling's restored, it's weird but not as bad as Mario Kart which had me cramping up after a few races.

E: whoever spent :10bux: congrats you legit scared me when I posted elsewhere and all the sudden there is a crusty face staring at me

I never thought I would so soon have an avatar bought for me, it's

It's beautiful

Gyra_Solune fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The control scheme is really different for everybody. Some people don't have a problem with it, while others can't play the game at all. I don't blame anyone that can't play it because it really is unusual.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Sakurai developed Kid Icarus Uprising, and famously likes to balance his games on his own. He now has broken hands that are in constant pain. Coincidence?

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

Dr. Fetus posted:

The control scheme is really different for everybody. Some people don't have a problem with it, while others can't play the game at all. I don't blame anyone that can't play it because it really is unusual.

So are you talking about Skyward Sword or

:can:

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

KI:U was developed on the Wii before it was continued on the 3DS, and it shows. If this game had a WiiU port that could use a wii-mote/nunchuck pointer, I think it would be loads easier to play.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Crusty 19-year Old
Pops In! (like his pimples)

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014

SystemLogoff posted:

KI:U was developed on the Wii before it was continued on the 3DS, and it shows. If this game had a WiiU port that could use a wii-mote/nunchuck pointer, I think it would be loads easier to play.

As someone who has no issues with the controls, I would be totally up for this. KI:U in HD? YES PLEASE :swoon:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
If they can pump it out quick then sure, but what I really want is for Sakurai's next project after Sm4sh to be Kid Icarus: Uprising 2: The Rise Up

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Sakurai developed Kid Icarus Uprising, and famously likes to balance his games on his own. He now has broken hands that are in constant pain. Coincidence?

Perhaps he needs to adopt a more hands-off approach.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Kyte posted:

Perhaps he needs to adopt a more hands-off approach.

What, you want him to break his feet too!? :argh:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Suspicious Cook posted:

What, you want him to break his feet too!? :argh:

Just hire Vicas.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I never really heard the dialogue in Kid Icarus because I was too busy trying not to die, because I am bad at video games.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If they can pump it out quick then sure, but what I really want is for Sakurai's next project after Sm4sh to be Kid Icarus: Uprising 2: The Rise Up

I will not rest until Sakurai's hands are gnarled stubs

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Lack of electricity... is my destiny...

robot roll call posted:

I will not rest until Sakurai's hands are gnarled stubs

That'll be a perfect time for a Kirby Air Ride sequel.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Can we just give Sakurai a turn-based RPG or something, as a holiday for his hands? Surely he won't work the to the bone while making, like, a new Mother game.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

No, sorry, as soon as Smash is over I want to see Sakurai take on how to do plot for a DDR game.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

TerminusEst13 posted:

No, sorry, as soon as Smash is over I want to see Sakurai take on how to do plot for a DDR game.

Isn't the plot of a DDR game already "do lots of ecstasy"?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Everything about KI:U is good

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Cleretic posted:

Can we just give Sakurai a turn-based RPG or something, as a holiday for his hands? Surely he won't work the to the bone while making, like, a new Mother game.

Maybe he can do a visual novel or something and dictate everything to lackeys that type for him? :gbsmith:

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

A celebratory Pikachu

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Maybe he can do a visual novel or something and dictate everything to lackeys that type for him? :gbsmith:

The guy wrote the dialogue for KI:U all by himself. I'm sure he would insist on writing a visual novel by himself, and put a death sentence on his hands.

Jazama
Oct 5, 2013

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Special flag, very high, stock only, final destination

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Sorry to break up the yay-or-nay KI:U chat, but

Maple Leaf posted:

I don't know if anyone cares, but Mew2King is coming to a tournament I'm going to called the Fredricton Gaming Expo starting August 9th. I might get a chance to play him in tourney in Brawl and Project M.

The weekend came and went and I had the chance to fight M2K in tournament in both games. Both of them were recorded, so if you want to see how well a goon does against the man himself, you can see for yourself in both Project: M and vanilla Brawl flavours. I actually managed to take a game of One Stock Brawl off of him thanks to the world's luckiest trip!

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

That Special Flag sounds very Smash Ball-ish in how it will affect the game, and I can not wait for it. That's fantastic.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cleretic posted:

Sorry, after Smash is finish he'll have to retire while handmaidens work to repair the damage he's done to himself to get this game out.

Or they'll remove his arms and replace them with robotics.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Maple Leaf posted:

The weekend came and went and I had the chance to fight M2K in tournament in both games. Both of them were recorded, so if you want to see how well a goon does against the man himself, you can see for yourself in both Project: M and vanilla Brawl flavours. I actually managed to take a game of One Stock Brawl off of him thanks to the world's luckiest trip!

In case you were wondering what 'crouch cancelling' is, it's a simple tactic in Melee and PM only. At low percents, you won't flinch to most attacks if you are holding down to crouch. This effectively gives every character a counter, and it's what M2K used to immediately downsmash your rear end every time you attacked him.

To beat it, use ranged attacks, projectiles, or grabs.

F. Lobot fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Aug 12, 2014

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
I'm well aware, thanks.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Not sure if its been mentioned, but a new trailer from Nintendo confirms Smash 3DS as coming October 3rd.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I think we've known that for a while, actually.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Every time they don't reconfirm it for a couple weeks people think it was delayed.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Actually I either must have missed it or forgot, since I thought it was just pinned to October in general. Well, now I know.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Astro Nut posted:

Not sure if its been mentioned, but a new trailer from Nintendo confirms Smash 3DS as coming October 3rd.
It also confirms that Palutena is the main character, apparently.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
They need a placeholder until they reveal Ridley.

Like, Palutena's big, but she's not that big.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Astro Nut posted:

October 2nd in Germany :smuggo:

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Here's a bunch of new 3DS screenshots.

Seems the various Mii hats are just unlockables that you equip in a menu.

There's also one lone WiiU screenshot. Is this a 1Player mode we haven't seen?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

F. Lobot posted:

Seems the various Mii hats are just unlockables that you equip in a menu.

If you can just put any of the Mii Plaza unlockables on your Mii Fighter that would be incredible.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
I get disappointed every time I see a new batch of screenshots, because I always hope they leave some small hint in by accident. Like how they accidentally leaked Ness, Lucario, and Jigglypuff back in a Brawl trailer. But no, outside of the Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run they really haven't done anything like that this time around. Maybe they're being more careful.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

DrPaper posted:

A celebratory Pikachu

Look at that sublime look on the little guy's face. He's feelin' it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

We're getting closer and closer to making that BitF comic a reality.

• Locked thread