Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Some of the stuff on that list will only be at GenCon in demo form and won't be available for sale for quite a bit later (for example, the Star Wars Armada game, which isn't coming out until 2015).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
re: playing stuff, I'm free thursday night I think, Friday for sure, and probably Saturday night.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Reverend Redglare posted:

So, anybody planning on playing Fiasco? I bought it 4 times in .pdf form, but somehow haven't played it yet.

I'd be down for some Fiasco. I bought the books, but haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Fiasco sounds kind of fun. Do I need to buy anything to play it or is it something someone can teach me? Because I'll be a body for it.

Trynant
Oct 7, 2010

The final spice...your tears <3
A note, while surprisingly I managed to fit almost everything into a couple of suitcases; I can't feasibly bring 18OE or X-Wing minis. I don't think anyone was concerned about the latter; but if 18OE was really desired, blackmongoose, you may have to bring your copy if you still can.

Trynant fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 12, 2014

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Len posted:

Fiasco sounds kind of fun. Do I need to buy anything to play it or is it something someone can teach me? Because I'll be a body for it.

Fiasco is amazing, and all you need to play are some black and white d6s and a few printouts.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

GimpInBlack posted:

Fiasco is amazing, and all you need to play are some black and white d6s and a few printouts.

Well I have plenty of dice but my printer is out of ink at the moment. If anyone wants to play I'll fill a slot.

Also for anything I volunteer to be a body for I can bring a guy with me if you need two.

UncleSickey
Jan 2, 2014
All right my fellow gamers. Make sure you got everything you need for GenCon before you go as you may well know the prices are crazy during the con! I hope to meet a few of you fine people there in the coming days; I'll be helping a friend at his booth (if he's even going to be there that is) or playing some 40k RPG's at the fantasy flight booth. Here's a short list of some important items you may easily forget though:

-power/charging cords for your GPS/cell phones/electronics
-your dice bag
-digital camera
-extra undies and socks (can't have too many of them!)
-a emergency supply of cash (the atm's will be empty in no time; so secret away some extra cash for unexpected purchases)

Yeah, yeah I sound like a old fogie; but in truth it's because I am and have been going to GenCon since 1992.

Feel free to add to this list if you think of something I've forgotten.

Cya at the con folks!
Uncle Sickey

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
The exhibit hall is indeed from 10 A.M. - 6 P.M. And being sniped on Auction Proxy Bid information is fine, though I would add that they are trying to do away with it (though some people want to expand its use) so you might have to beg a bit and/or prove you cannot be there when the item is going up. But you also may not if you are nice.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

UncleSickey posted:

All right my fellow gamers. Make sure you got everything you need for GenCon before you go as you may well know the prices are crazy during the con! I hope to meet a few of you fine people there in the coming days; I'll be helping a friend at his booth (if he's even going to be there that is) or playing some 40k RPG's at the fantasy flight booth. Here's a short list of some important items you may easily forget though:

-power/charging cords for your GPS/cell phones/electronics
-your dice bag
-digital camera
-extra undies and socks (can't have too many of them!)
-a emergency supply of cash (the atm's will be empty in no time; so secret away some extra cash for unexpected purchases)

Yeah, yeah I sound like a old fogie; but in truth it's because I am and have been going to GenCon since 1992.

Feel free to add to this list if you think of something I've forgotten.

Cya at the con folks!
Uncle Sickey

I'm our groups medicine chest. I always take Excedrin, tums and anti-diarrhea pills. The one year they made fun of me for the anti-diarrhea medicine and then someones Burger King disagreed with him and he begged to have some of my delicious medicine.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Oh god its almost time!!

I just printed out like 30 pages worth of pregen characters for my Dungeon World games. Ready to go.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Peas and Rice posted:

What games are releasing at GenCon you ask?

Here's 12 pages of BGG thread listing every one!

(Note: some of these are just coming out the week of GenCon and may not actually be there.

These are all board games. Is there a list of new RPGs?

BTW, I'll have copies of my RPG, Base Raiders, for sale at Arc Dream's booth #713 (shameless plug)

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
It's a long shot, but if any of you coming backed the Dog Eat Dog Kickstarter from 2012 and are willing to sell the physical copy of Ascocena that came with it let me know. The creator of the game seems to have dropped off the face of the planet after finishing it and has never gotten back to my inquiries on it.

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW

clockworkjoe posted:

These are all board games. Is there a list of new RPGs?

RPG Products Releasing at Gen Con 2014

TheCondor
Oct 30, 2010

ritorix posted:

Oh god its almost time!!

I just printed out like 30 pages worth of pregen characters for my Dungeon World games. Ready to go.

When's Dungeon World going on? I've run a few games but haven't been able to actually play it yet. I'd be interested in Fiasco too for whoever brought it up, sounds fun. I'll be bringing BANG!, Fluxx, and whatever other fun multi-player games I can jam into my bag (Detroit-Cleveland Grand Prix?)

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

I am on a plane.

I brought Fiasco, Kingdom, Last Resort, and the Resistance: Avalon.

My friend brought X Wing and all the GoT.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I'm also on a plane, and I only had to get up at 3am! I mostly play HeroClix but I've dabbled in other stuff and I'm always up for a game/goon meet/grabbing a bite with nerds. I'd be excited if I wasn't so tired.

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

Helping set a booth up for a friend and man, this place is nuts during assembly!

Tomorrow is the day though, hype is at 100%

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Getting hype for a midnight plane right.

All the gencon chat has made me believe I should re-consider my life choice of not playing very many boardgames while I'm there. Hopefully I can meet some people to get drunk and do that with.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'm thinking some of us should plan for a game of Avalon some time tonight - after trivia at colts grill.

Who is going to trivia?

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Stickying the Gen Con thread for the next few days.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
So, day 0. Trooped all over creation (6 am flights are for the freaking birds). Did plenty of walking (got my extra GenCon Generics.. Got my ticket for the Indy Indians game (Sunday Night), hit the CVS for supplies)). My leg didn't like this (thank god I brought my cane with me), so sitting in the chair and putting it up turned into a 4 hour nap while the Aleve did it's magic)

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Badge line wasnt bad. Took about 20 mins. Trying the Weber Grill restaurant tonight.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Ettin posted:

Stickying the Gen Con thread for the next few days.
Eeeeeeeeeeee

Now who took that picture of our table at Colts Grille to post how disappointingly normal we look overall?

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Where is there a CVS?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Found out I'll actually be in town at a decent hour, like 4 pm. Also I found out the Retro DBZ tournament is Friday so I'll actually be free on the most important day to be free on! Is anyone staying in the Ramada by the airport?

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
2 hour layover in Denver turned into almost 5 hour layover; theoretically boarding soon, but not getting in until 1am @_@
Going to pick up my badge after we get in, going to be an early morning tomorrow!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Looking for somebody to practice Level99 Games on with before the Pixel Tactics & BattleCON tourneys, in about that order.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Looking for somebody to practice Level99 Games on with before the Pixel Tactics & BattleCON tourneys, in about that order.

When we get in tomorrow (11 am-ish?) I am down for that. My phone number is in the spreadsheet, and I'm in the group.

Leaving in about 8.5 hours. I am ready.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Quarex posted:

Eeeeeeeeeeee

Now who took that picture of our table at Colts Grille to post how disappointingly normal we look overall?
My wife took it. Probably won't be able to post it easily until Sunday night.

I had fun meeting a bunch of goons tonight. Hopefully we'll get some games in this weekend.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pez posted:

Where is there a CVS?

There's 2 on Ohio Street I think it is.

TheCondor
Oct 30, 2010
^One at Ohio and Illinois, other is Ohio and Pennsylvania. They close early so keep that in mind.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Psywave or whatever I want you to know your cruel words re: me endlessly yammering about the same subject in the thread is going to make me SHUT UP FOREVER O.K.

Except this one time at Gen-Con I was at the Auction, you see, and this notable thing happened, and

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

gamingCaffeinator posted:

When we get in tomorrow (11 am-ish?) I am down for that. My phone number is in the spreadsheet, and I'm in the group.

Yeah, right now the only fixed events I have are Friday and Saturday evenings for Level99 events, I have a huge list of things I might end up at and a bunch of free tickets to attack events with, but I'll probably be in the mad Exhibition Hall rush tomorrow at that point.

Quarex posted:

Psywave or whatever I want you to know your cruel words re: me endlessly yammering about the same subject in the thread is going to make me SHUT UP FOREVER O.K.

I am experiencing doubt.

Rockker
Nov 17, 2010

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Whoa there's tourneys for that? When?

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
BTW, one slight negative, whoever that was who ordered a beer, played a couple rounds of CAH and then left, sticking us with the bill.

(Don't BELIEVE he was a goon, but... still dick move)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SirFozzie posted:

BTW, one slight negative, whoever that was who ordered a beer, played a couple rounds of CAH and then left, sticking us with the bill.

(Don't BELIEVE he was a goon, but... still dick move)

Sounds like two negatives to me. Bam.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Rockker posted:

Whoa there's tourneys for that? When?

There's a Pixel Tactics constructed deck tournament. I haven't played in that format yet and am only banking on the fact that turnout seems to be very small so far.

The BattleCON tournament has one slot left! I feel more confident in this game. Suspect I may not thereafter, tho! It may turn out the world of fighters is more terrifying than I ever imagined.

Both have pretty high price tags, tho, so be aware of that.

Trynant
Oct 7, 2010

The final spice...your tears <3
I looked at games I want to play, and there are 3 (possibly 4) "big" games that would be well worth planning before the day of (after I leave my hotel for the con it'll be hard to swap games on hand with ones in room). Said games are:
  • Archipelago (if we do the long scenario which would be awesome)
  • High Frontier
  • Roads & Boats
  • A Distant Plain
Since tomorrow is my busiest day I'm going to bring the "short one," Archipelago; plus probably some BattleCON and small-fitting stuff. I need to leave at 6. Is that good for interested parties?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Crosspost from Groupme:

I'm bringing, for those interested:
Caverna, Avalon, Love Letter, 2 Rooms and a Boom, 7 Card Slugfest, Yomi, Space Cadets: Dice Duel, and Quantum.
Obv I wont have all those with me all the time but yeah, probably gonna keep some yomi decks, slugfest, and dice duels with me most of the trip

• Locked thread