Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

I'm a huge fan of Pro League but there's honestly not enough worth talking about to fill a whole show (especially considering that the actual competitive events are filled with TONS of fluff time for discussion of pre/post-match insight/highlights/rivalries/storyline etc.). That show is pretty sad.

The problem is that they're like three hours long. I mean come on! Three hours is a ton of time to fill for one blowhard, one knowledgeable guy, and a guest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Am I the only one who really feels like the thread title needs one less N? It seems it like was spelled that way on purpose but I just don't get it

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Sexpansion posted:

The problem is that they're like three hours long. I mean come on! Three hours is a ton of time to fill for one blowhard, one knowledgeable guy, and a guest.

As someone who works in the production of three hour long sports telecasts, I can basically confirm that this is exactly what happens there.

GEExCEE
Sep 19, 2012

The Mash posted:

Am I the only one who really feels like the thread title needs one less N? It seems it like was spelled that way on purpose but I just don't get it

I have no idea why Bond spelled it this way and frankly, I'm upset by this.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Sorry about that ARAM last night guys, we've been having bad weather and last night our wifi just straight up cut out. We didn't get it back until about 20 minutes ago. :smith:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I know I bitch about Riot and also still don't like the Sona rework, but the Soraka rework sounds flippin awesome and I am super excited to get to mess around with it when it hits PBE.

Vesh on the changes so far: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=49043442#49043442

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Normally its the winning handbook but then he made a pun by making it be whining

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It wasn't my thread idea~

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Why is people so mean in league ?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Biowarfare posted:

Swagboi77

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

That's so perfect.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
inbread.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

I dont think being inbread helps androids in any way

Astrognome
Jun 2, 2011

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Normally its the winning handbook but then he made a pun by making it be whining

Pretty sure it was supposed to be a play on the movie "Silver Linings Playbook" but then people missed the point somehow. Whining rhymes with linings. Apparently that reference was too obscure...

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
League of Legends S4.5: u were molested by your parents and your inbread its ok

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
I don't actually think it is ok though

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Lovechop posted:

I don't actually think it is ok though

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Astrognome posted:

Pretty sure it was supposed to be a play on the movie "Silver Linings Playbook" but then people missed the point somehow. Whining rhymes with linings. Apparently that reference was too obscure...

Whinings has one 'n'

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Nekrews posted:

After struggling forever to get out of silver I havent lost a game in gold yet and got to gold 4 :toot:

Same thing happened to me. I'm pretty sure people in S1 are better than G5, but I'm not sure. I shot up to G3 and stopped playing SR for a month and now I'm terrible and losing a lot.

Astrognome
Jun 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Whinings has one 'n'

Yes. And is also how the title as originally suggested was spelled, iirc.

Edit: I'm not crazy, "whining" was the original suggestion. Anyway, back to talking about pressing buttons and killing mans.

Astrognome fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 12, 2014

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
If you find yourself in a ranked lobby typing this poo poo out to your imminent teammates:

quote:

Chiroptera: just to warn you guys, Im pretty livid right now
Chiroptera: 2 troll games in a row

then just loving dodge out and go breathe and recollect yourself. Playing while "livid" is a surefire way to throw the game for yourself.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Do we still have Riot developers that read these forums? If so, I'd like to suggest that when you are in the shop, and you click on a mana biscuit in your inventory, it takes you to the shop page to purchase health potions.

As a support, when I go back the first few times, I always purchase more health and mana pots, but I can't click on the mana biscuit in my inventory to go right to the shop page like I can the mana potion in my inventory. It would just be a little QoL improvement.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Brannock posted:

If you find yourself in a ranked lobby typing this poo poo out to your imminent teammates:

then just loving dodge out and go breathe and recollect yourself. Playing while "livid" is a surefire way to throw the game for yourself.
Actually it's a surefire way fly off the handle about your "troll" teammates while avoiding any sort of introspection and leaving yourself completely blameless. you should try it sometime!

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

notoriousman posted:

Actually it's a surefire way fly off the handle about your "troll" teammates while avoiding any sort of introspection and leaving yourself completely blameless. you should try it sometime!

I do this and I got a spiffy bunch of words to the left of this post thanks to it :smug:.

fnox
May 19, 2013

I realize now it kind of makes more sense for the names of the Challenger and Master tiers to be swapped around, so all the Challengers are challenging the Masters for a Master tier spot, instead of having the Masters challenging the Challengers.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Schiavona posted:

Same thing happened to me. I'm pretty sure people in S1 are better than G5, but I'm not sure. I shot up to G3 and stopped playing SR for a month and now I'm terrible and losing a lot.
It's entirely possible that people in S1 are better in some specific ways but fall completely flat in other ways, I've seen a guy stuck in silver who is absolutely amazing at positioning and teamfighting as an adc but also gets 45cs/10 minutes regularly.

Biowarfare posted:

I love how he follows up on incredibly rage fueled sexual insults with "your build is also stupid"

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
'challenger' is meant to imply that they are challenging the already established pro players for a spot.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It's meant to be a farming league for pro teams, but NA and EU doesn't have the competition that Korea has. That's why Korean ranked actually means something.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Sharzak posted:

'challenger' is meant to imply that they are challenging the already established pro players for a spot.

It should still be named the league of legends.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Sharzak posted:

The problem with that is that the pro players are also in Challenger. Hell some of them are actually D1.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Astrognome posted:

Yes. And is also how the title as originally suggested was spelled, iirc.

Edit: I'm not crazy, "whining" was the original suggestion. Anyway, back to talking about pressing buttons and killing mans.

I figured it was just some clever movie reference I didn't get and not just a sucky thread title.

Servaetes is the new Violentlycar. Wrap it up, old man, it's time to put you out to the pasture that is Super Monday Night Combat.

Invalid Validation posted:

It's meant to be a farming league for pro teams, but NA and EU doesn't have the competition that Korea has. That's why Korean ranked actually means something.

Korean ranked "means something" in the aspect that people in KR challenger have a shot at getting onto KR teams and therefore have a shot at Worlds.

If you're just looking to get onto a NALCS team and earn bad money working 12 hour days with 0 job security then sure, there's plenty of guys who got picked up by LCS teams based off soloqueue performance. Even if the actual LCS teams are generally trying to poach from established Challenger team talent now, that's just because those guys have increased visibility and experience working with a team. The Challenger teams those guys come from sure aren't picking up new players out of Silver IV.

A Stupid Baby fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 12, 2014

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Let's talk Elise builds:

Now that Elise has been changed so much, I've been doing some experimenting with my item builds. Something that I like a lot, and I know it sounds bad, is this:

Quill coat -> ROA -> elder goldem -> sightstone

This is kind of backwards from the way I've been building Elise in the past where you tunnel on either early game assassination potential (haunting guise, sorc shoes) or tankiness (early golem, locket, etc.), but I think it actually works pretty well.

It's easy to see the cons: ROA seems way too expensive for the jungle. The passive isn't as good because you level slower. The pros: Tankiness is really important on Elise because her innate tankiness is poo poo. Mana is surprisingly useful because you can spend time pushing objectives and still being able to help with wave clear. And obviously it makes you scale much more evenly.

Thoughts?

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
Honestly, my thoughts right now, drop Elise, play eve.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Stop having thoughts please

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I cant imagine ever playing Elise, Jayce or this new Gnar thing. 4 abilities is already bad enough but 6/7? I cant handle it!!

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

I have never run out of mana playing elise. The only good stat on RoA for her is health.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

itsjustdrew posted:

Honestly, my thoughts right now, drop Elise, play eve.

Both got cranked pretty hard with nerfs lately, I wouldn't recommend playing either.

Astrognome posted:

I thought this was obvious and I haven't even seen the movie. Also I'm not sure why there is an apostrophe either.

fnox
May 19, 2013

You won't be able to get away with building ROA on Elise, it's way too much gold for a bunch of stats you won't be seeing until late game, where your effectiveness lowers considerably. Sorcs + Guise makes you have a lot more of an impact for less gold, which you can later on spend on tank stats.

It's a matter on what you level up though. In a well coordinated team an Elise with E maxed out can be an absolute horror as her stun becomes really loving long and she becomes stupidly mobile. If you max W and you're any good at landing volatile spiderlings, or just managing your spiderlings in general you can gently caress people up by stacking some AP and getting MPen. The generally most effective build for solo queue is max Q though, as it is what will make your early ganks hurt.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
You don't play Elise to gain LP for now, that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
I don't play Elise, but sightstone is essentially a gold per 10 item in that the earlier you get it, the more value you get out of it. There's only a few junglers that make it worthwhile (Lee Sin basically), and even he should pick it up second item at the latest after his elder lizard. Getting sightstone ~20 minutes into the game (if even that early) after RoA and Golem is generally a waste of money and slot inefficient at that point in the game. Remember, it's basically 400 gold (~6 wards to break even) for a stack of wards and a slot taken up by a health crystal.

Plus, if you buy it later in the game, you've probably spent a bunch on regular green wards which kind of adds up to a significant portion of your gold income.

Basically, if you're going to buy sightstone, you should probably pick it up on either your first or second back or at least before 15 minutes. I honestly wouldn't pick up sightstone on any jungler besides Lee Sin, but there's probably a few more that can use it.

• Locked thread