Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

yep. roof height is 1368 feet (original 1 wtc was also 1368 feet roof height, but its antenna spire only reached up to 1727 feet)

1368 was the year that Moscow attacked Tver, which counter-attacked with the aid of Lithuania and the Blue Horde! it's just like in Ukraine!

what symbolism is this‽

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

vOv posted:

also i really like the 'build it the exact same' idea

idk if i like it in the same way that the actual engineer likes it, but it's an amazing "gently caress you" to just rebuild it exactly the same as it was before

also you'd save everybody a lot of money because then they wouldn't have to go back and edit the towers of poo poo because i guess that's now a trigger for america

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
tbh the new design incorporates features that should result in pretty heavily reduced energy usage, what with the original design being very firmly a "energy's cheap so who cares" era building.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Yodzilla posted:

Seinfeld Current Day ‏@Seinfeld2000 2m

Jery, Garge, Elane and Kram spend whole episode waiting for beat to drop at Avicii show

http://pastebin.com/BVnhsHsn

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
someone left a bolster on the pillow

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

where are its legs‽

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
I was gonna post a new thread, but gently caress that noise. . .

Went on a nostalgia trip tonight with friends in tech, about mp2s, an dccbots, and our first digital cameras.

When I was a youngin my mom blew $1100 on this motherfucker.

My first digital camera, the camera that by all reasons since the girl I was dating at the time let me take **removed FBI**

~magical times~

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Nintendo Kid posted:

tbh the new design incorporates features that should result in pretty heavily reduced energy usage, what with the original design being very firmly a "energy's cheap so who cares" era building.

probably could have built it so it looks exactly the same from the exterior but with internal energy usage improvements or somethin

idk im not a real engineer

pram
Jun 10, 2001

enotnert posted:

I was gonna post a new thread, but gently caress that noise. . .

Went on a nostalgia trip tonight with friends in tech, about mp2s, an dccbots, and our first digital cameras.

When I was a youngin my mom blew $1100 on this motherfucker.

My first digital camera, the camera that by all reasons since the girl I was dating at the time let me take **removed FBI**

~magical times~

this is a lot shitter looking than i remember

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Captain Foo posted:

probably could have built it so it looks exactly the same from the exterior but with internal energy usage improvements or somethin

idk im not a real engineer

idk i just remember what my grandpa said about the architecture (he was an architect)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

pram posted:

this is a lot shitter looking than i remember

it's the rainbow stickes

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ny academy of sciences is in wtc 7 and it's hella nice in there

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Nintendo Kid posted:

idk i just remember what my grandpa said about the architecture (he was an architect)

so that's how he managed to stack poo poo that high huehuehue

pram
Jun 10, 2001

LARD LORD posted:

so that's how he managed to stack poo poo that high huehuehue

lomarf

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

duTrieux. posted:

where are its legs‽

in its pockets

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

yo you better have the accompanying video of a bunch of saudi dudes surfing on top of those doors

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

atomicthumbs posted:

share the stories, post the designs, whatnot

so so so many people were ready to believe that "it shouldn't've fallen down" was the big one

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

but you can't melt steel with normal airplane fire! there was obviously a directed-energy missile piloted by ghosts of martyrd baathists from the first us/iraq war

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

duTrieux. posted:

but you can't melt steel with normal airplane fire! there was obviously a directed-energy missile piloted by ghosts of martyrd baathists from the first us/iraq war

uhm actually it was explosive nano-thermite charges

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

uhm actually it was explosive nano-thermite charges

you know too much.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

just started this new helpdesk job a couple weeks ago

hey THS we have a client dropping by and they need a couple dvi cables go find some in the basement storage room

uhhh

pretty sure i just got owned

pram
Jun 10, 2001
nice poo poo job

PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln

THS posted:

hey THS we have a client dropping by and they need a couple dvi cables go find some in the basement storage room

uhhh

dibs on the g3

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

THS posted:

you sure did!

you took a helpdesk job

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

THS posted:

uhhh

loving dive right into that poo poo like scrooge mcduck

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

THS posted:

uhhh

literal computer janitor

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

duTrieux. posted:

you know too much.

apparently some people now claim the attacks were done so george bush could steal the gold under the wtc.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i'm the hairy blob on the left

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Nintendo Kid posted:

apparently some people now claim the attacks were done so george bush could steal the gold under the wtc.

ahh, yes the "national treasure" theory

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Boxturret posted:

thats my ballsack

scrotal lymphedema :(

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
funny thing is they claim the gold was under the twin towers and they were allowed to fall to cover it up.

the actual gold vaults were under 4 wtc, which was the only building on site to be structurally sound after the 9/11 (though the hole in the roof was uneconomical to repair so it was eventually demolished)

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Boxturret posted:

youre me?

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

THS posted:

uhhh

i`m the g4

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

weird looking dog

• Locked thread