Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Mike du Jour

Monty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

I bet those animals really appreciate being kept in a 50-foot diameter dome, without any kind of divisions between territory.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

What in the ever-loving gently caress?

Just... what?

Also, officially coming out and saying that Intelligent Life is worse than Mike du Jour because at least Mike du Jour explores a variety of topics through its lovely puns instead of the same two or three topics over... and over... and over... again.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Looks like Mike Lester found two more words that sound alike! Imagine the comic possibilities this week, and then forget about them.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Howard Beale posted:

Come on, the planets would fall right through the stigmata. Get your facts right, Chick.

Oh, Jack Chick knows about Catholic lore. It's not to be believed, because the Catholic Church secretly worships a pagan sun god and all Catholics are hell-bound unless they repent their sinful beliefs.
http://www.chick.com/m/reading/tracts/readtract.asp?stk=0071

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

I like that Val is just cool with attacking a village just because they were bored, but his crew getting killed seemingly out of the blue is a terrible thing done by terrible people.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Prince Valiant was always a weekly strip, right?

If so, it's been a full year since he left Gawain and Tristram. The daily pacing is so much better for it.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Pvt.Scott posted:

Oh, Jack Chick knows about Catholic lore. It's not to be believed, because the Catholic Church secretly worships a pagan sun god and all Catholics are hell-bound unless they repent their sinful beliefs.
http://www.chick.com/m/reading/tracts/readtract.asp?stk=0071

I was expecting something about Sol Invictus and the connection to the Roman Empire. Where the hell did Baal and Osiris come from, they weren't even sun gods. :psyduck:

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Johnny Walker posted:

I like that Val is just cool with attacking a village just because they were bored, but his crew getting killed seemingly out of the blue is a terrible thing done by terrible people.

Yeah his morals seem to swing with the plot/wind as it requires it. Hanging out with a slaving sea king, abhorring piracy and then hanging out with a pirating Viking.

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

Byzantine posted:

I was expecting something about Sol Invictus and the connection to the Roman Empire. Where the hell did Baal and Osiris come from, they weren't even sun gods. :psyduck:

Why, it's almost like Jack Chick is out of his mind or something?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

RevKrule posted:

I didn't think this story line could get more boring and dragged out any longer but here we are.

I can't decide if I want to kill Les or myself.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Dinette Set

In case anyone is curious and too lazy to Google: St John is a fancy clothing line while St John's Bay is decidedly less so.

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I can't decide if I want to kill Les or myself.

Murder, Suicide then.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (August 14, 1956)

MEANWHILE, IN CHICAGO:

Adlai Stevenson was the Democratic nominee in '52 in spite of not even campaigning in the primaries, only to be defeated in a landslide by Eisenhower. In an echo of a recurring theme, nobody wanted the guaranteed career-killing position of being buried under the presumed second Ike landslide...except Adlai, who this time was actively jockeying for (and received) the party nod in '56.

Peanuts: Year One (February 15-17, 1951)

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Mr. Noseybonk posted:

Why, it's almost like Jack Chick is out of his mind or something?

There is nothing wrong with Jack Chick. He's just a bit over zealous, is all.
And kinda racist.

Tiggum posted:

For later!

That really makes me worry what they do with the dead in Kevin and Kell.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

scarycave posted:

Sausages!!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Wanamingo posted:

No dirt or mud by the bedroom window should have been enough but no, Inspector Danger goes the extra mile.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Howard Beale posted:

No dirt or mud by the bedroom window should have been enough but no, Inspector Danger goes the extra mile.
No mud on the rungs of the ladder either, or at least none I can see in the tiny picture on my phone.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mark Trail

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
June, 1987.

Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

Also all the footprints are next to each other instead of alternating steps, unless he bunny-hopped the entire time.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Hillary Forth - Master of Time and Space

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

And all the townspeople of Three Rocks (ughh) pay for an expert trauma surgeon to secretly operate on Sluggo while he sleeps, because Sluggo might be a scrofulous squatter but by God he has his pride.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

And all the townspeople of Three Rocks (ughh) pay for an expert trauma surgeon to secretly operate on Sluggo while he sleeps, because Sluggo might be a scrofulous squatter but by God he has his pride.

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Haha, just kidding, it's totally cool, this small child's weirdo beardo trucker uncles are in town at least one day a month, and Phil "Jesus II" Fumble has more than enough rippling muscles and American flag bandanas to go around.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I'll be damned, he actually did draw a left handed keyboard, too.

Of course, he could have saved himself $200 by just buying a stand-alone numpad. Seriously, I hold the mouse in my right, it's far quicker for me to use the numpad with my left hand rather than constantly grabbing and releasing the mouse to type :goonsay:

scarycave posted:

I'm guessing that the funeral home director's are literally vultures.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Darthemed posted:

Calvin And Hobbes

Can you do that?

Pickles polishes up.

Bleeker sweeps.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

That is one bad-rear end porcupine.

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I'm late because I've been mad at comix

I mean look at this Fingerpori

Jarla what the gently caress is this

and this

- Hello, Mr. Vesa... Yes, the new 1100 models have arrived...
- Two- and four-door ones
- Yeah, it's a rear wheel drive

eh

Takavetoinen, rear wheel drive, is kinda literally translated as "rear-pulling" or "pulling from the back". It's the rear part that "pulls" the vehicle, so... yeah. Anyway, vetää has a meaning besides "to pull" and that is "to wind".

Oh well I hope Fok_It does better

It does

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I'm very disappointed that so far Mark is the only one who's called him "Dirty".

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'm guessing that the funeral home director's are literally vultures.
I don't follow Kevin and Kell as closely as some other strips, but I think all the birds in their world are gone. They used to run the world but then they set it up just how they wanted it and left.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

tiistai posted:

Fingerpori

:laffo:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tiggum posted:

I don't follow Kevin and Kell as closely as some other strips, but I think all the birds in their world are gone. They used to run the world but then they set it up just how they wanted it and left.
No they just retired from running the world.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Zereth posted:

No they just retired from running the world.

Well, TWO of them decided to bug out to the lovely universe (ours) and turn into dolphins because *loud fart noise*

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pidmon posted:

Well, TWO of them decided to bug out to the lovely universe (ours) and turn into dolphins because *loud fart noise*

This raises two lines of thought in me, now that I remember it.

1. Are there dolphins in the animal world of K&K? There might have been some but I can't remember, and now I'm imagining them being like humans to the K&K world.

2. This is hilarious in retrospect, because it's now common knowledge that dolphins are rapist, murderous assholes who bite the heads off of fish and gently caress the neck stumps, then kill other fish so they can chew the bodies and get high on their fluids, among other amazingly horrible things. Good job on being the superior, moral species instead of those nasty, horrible humans.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The comic has given us poo poo for polluting and so on, too.

By the way they have cars, and cities (the "living in a tree" thing is a local fad), and poo poo too, so uh. Yeah. :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Zereth posted:

The comic has given us poo poo for polluting and so on, too.

By the way they have cars, and cities (the "living in a tree" thing is a local fad), and poo poo too, so uh. Yeah. :laugh:

"Stupid humans, putting their loved ones into the ground *smears three bottles of tomato sauce onto great aunt hetty*"

• Locked thread