Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Ah-ha! I do have something in my inventory for NMM!

I, YF19pilot, being of conscious state of mind and not under the influence or coercion of any foreign substances or agents, do hereby oath the following; one (1) Me-262 A-2a Sturmvogel and one (1) MiG-17 Fresco; both are 1:144th scale models from Battlefront (Flames of War, Flames of War: Fate of a Nation/Six Day War, respectively).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

YF19pilot posted:

Ah-ha! I do have something in my inventory for NMM!

I, YF19pilot, being of conscious state of mind and not under the influence or coercion of any foreign substances or agents, do hereby oath the following; one (1) Me-262 A-2a Sturmvogel and one (1) MiG-17 Fresco; both are 1:144th scale models from Battlefront (Flames of War, Flames of War: Fate of a Nation/Six Day War, respectively).

Oath Accepted!

:siren: just FYI everyone, I'll be out of town from tomorrow (Wednesday) to Sunday (the 10th, I think), so if I'm delayed approving your Oath don't worry about it, carry on and if there's any issues I'll let you know.

I'll also be away the same days next week, so same thing goes, but I'll make another announcement then.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

So, I've never attempted NMM before. Lately when I'm about to do something I haven't tried before I like to do a "sketch mini" where I just try to bust out something and get an idea of how theory translates to practice.

So, here's my quick speedpaint sketch of NMM. Total painting time was about 75 minutes, but I ran some errands while the glue on the base dried.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For the month of August, I, LazyAngel, being unsound of both mind and body, oath one Iguana TAG, from Infinity by Corvus Belli
It's a large 28mm scale model, being about 7.5cm tall.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
For August, I oath this Imperial Bunker (GW)

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

Jurnal is, hopefully obviously, the entire thing--he's an NMM gold (or some yellowish metal) golem!

If anyone's curious, I used the tutorial here as my guide, substituting brands of paint but otherwise following it to the letter. I don't think I did it justice, of course, but I was pleasantly surprised with the way my own model turned out.

Speaking of which, since this was so simple (color-wise) it's probably a good month for a Parts List, in pictorial format:

The illegible VGC bottle is, I'm 99% sure, Heavy Siena.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter, Oath the following

2 Dropzone commander heavy dropships (1 UCM, 1 Scourge)
2 UCM Gladius heavy tanks
3 UCM Sabre MBTS
3 Hunter MGTs

All by Hawk Wargames, 10mm

The Napoleonic French - 6mm by Baccus

9 Commanders
36 Cuirassiers
36 Dragoons
18 Hussars
18 Chasseurs.

Oath addition.

2 Slayer heavy grav tanks, for Dropzone commander - Hawk Wargames, 10mm.

Lets do some speeeeeeed paaaaiiiintttinng!

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

JerryLee posted:

:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

Jurnal is, hopefully obviously, the entire thing--he's an NMM gold (or some yellowish metal) golem!

If anyone's curious, I used the tutorial here as my guide, substituting brands of paint but otherwise following it to the letter. I don't think I did it justice, of course, but I was pleasantly surprised with the way my own model turned out.

Speaking of which, since this was so simple (color-wise) it's probably a good month for a Parts List, in pictorial format:

The illegible VGC bottle is, I'm 99% sure, Heavy Siena.

dang. That's nice.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Hey Kushgroove, any idea on when there might be a list of what's in the main US grab bag? I'm not in a huge rush, and I can hold tight, but I wanted to check in. Was kinda hopin' there might be something Orky in there, so I don't want to pick from Iris of Ether's gallery yet!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Grey Hunter posted:

Oath addition.

Speed painting complete!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

But I already have two of these painted... :ohdear:

Maybe I can strip the metal one.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Time for me to announce, Oath Complete!

Not sure how I feel about it, I probably have more layers of paint than I really wanted, because it took me a bit to find the right shades (I started a shade too dark on these guys before I realized I need to go much, much lighter). I suppose I could be forgive as this is my first (and second) attempts at NMM. But, here we go;

What every Flames of War player wants to see, three airplanes.

Then I realized I forgot to put the bombs on the planes, so...

I will probably find something to add along the way this month. Or get to work putting other things together, we'll see.
Claiming Jurnal for this month.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Schmetterling posted:

dang. That's nice.

Thanks, that means a lot. :)

Iris of Ether posted:

Maybe I can strip the metal one.

At $2.99 or whatever it is, you should buy a third rather than stripping :getin:

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Having mentioned the problem of too many chiefs in my Imperial Guard army, now is the time to take the bull by the horns.

For August I, Galaspar, oath ten Astra Militarum Cadians by Games Workshop

I'm determined that each one will be a basic lasgun-armed trooper. This might not stop me from turning them all into special snowflakes, however.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath the following heap of plastic, metal, and despair:

Battlefront, Flames of War, 15mm:
1x Romanian Battalion Command (1xHQ and 1x 2iC)
1x Romanian Infantry Platoon (1x command stand, 8x infantry stands)
(Also included: some of their rustic prefab bases)

Zvezda 1:144:
1x Ju-87 B2 Stuka dive bomber

Mantic, Kings of War, 28mm:
3x Werewolves

GW, Warhammer 40k, 28mm:
One drat space marine.

I may have leftover infantry men, if so I'll paint them up and figure out what to do with that.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, Under 15, Oath the following models for August

5 GW spider riders
1 GW goblin spear chucker

Taking it easy this month, I'm feeling a little burned out on painting.

bokbok
Jan 12, 2006

do you like my hat?
I oath this Corruptor/Reaper/Slayer for August.
Privateer Press 32mm scale (I think?)

It will be my first attempt at magnetizing a model and my second complete one ever :ohdear:

fakeedit: I was going to oath the lovely pink bonejack because I started painting it and then hated/abandoned it and I need to fix it but I took the photo before I remembered it needs to be already stripped/one prime coat. I'll figure that out later and add to my oath maybe.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following minis for the month of August 2014:
One Predator
One Stompa
One Superhero

Hope that pic is OK!

Predator and Stompa are 28mm GW, Superhero from Mongoose's line of Judge Dredd figures and is closer to 30mm I guess.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
OK! The hotel I'm in has slow but serviceable wifi (the things we demand in the modern age!) so here goes:

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

So, I've never attempted NMM before. Lately when I'm about to do something I haven't tried before I like to do a "sketch mini" where I just try to bust out something and get an idea of how theory translates to practice.

So, here's my quick speedpaint sketch of NMM. Total painting time was about 75 minutes, but I ran some errands while the glue on the base dried.

LazyAngel posted:

For the month of August, I, LazyAngel, being unsound of both mind and body, oath one Iguana TAG, from Infinity by Corvus Belli
It's a large 28mm scale model, being about 7.5cm tall.

Deanut Pancer posted:

For August, I oath this Imperial Bunker (GW)

Grey Hunter posted:

Oath addition.

Galaspar posted:

Having mentioned the problem of too many chiefs in my Imperial Guard army, now is the time to take the bull by the horns.

For August I, Galaspar, oath ten Astra Militarum Cadians by Games Workshop

I'm determined that each one will be a basic lasgun-armed trooper. This might not stop me from turning them all into special snowflakes, however.

moths posted:

I, moths, oath the following heap of plastic, metal, and despair:

Battlefront, Flames of War, 15mm:
1x Romanian Battalion Command (1xHQ and 1x 2iC)
1x Romanian Infantry Platoon (1x command stand, 8x infantry stands)
(Also included: some of their rustic prefab bases)

Zvezda 1:144:
1x Ju-87 B2 Stuka dive bomber

Mantic, Kings of War, 28mm:
3x Werewolves

GW, Warhammer 40k, 28mm:
One drat space marine.

I may have leftover infantry men, if so I'll paint them up and figure out what to do with that.

Under 15 posted:

I, Under 15, Oath the following models for August

5 GW spider riders
1 GW goblin spear chucker

bokbok posted:

I oath this Corruptor/Reaper/Slayer for August.
Privateer Press 32mm scale (I think?)

It will be my first attempt at magnetizing a model and my second complete one ever :ohdear:
You're OK - if you do Oath the painted 'jack just make sure it's one color or within the zenithal primed guidelines.

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following minis for the month of August 2014:
One Predator
One Stompa
One Superhero

Predator and Stompa are 28mm GW, Superhero from Mongoose's line of Judge Dredd figures and is closer to 30mm I guess.
Oaths ACCEPTED!

Esser-Z posted:

Hey Kushgroove, any idea on when there might be a list of what's in the main US grab bag? I'm not in a huge rush, and I can hold tight, but I wanted to check in. Was kinda hopin' there might be something Orky in there, so I don't want to pick from Iris of Ether's gallery yet!

Sorry, no idea, the goon who has the bulk of the stuff is super busy and I'm pretty sure there's no orky stuff in what he's go anyway.

The next time I'll be able to update stuff is probably Sunday night when I arrive...then I'm off again on Wednesday, so the same routine again! I will get the July Oaths gallery done for the judges when I'm back home though (the wifi speeds I get are too slow right now).

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Might paint something quick when I get back, but off to go get married tomorrow, so maybe not!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

thespaceinvader posted:

Might paint something quick when I get back, but off to go get married tomorrow, so maybe not!

Maybe not indeed. Congrats!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I Indolent Bastard oath one 45th Highlander Rifle "Galwegian" (Corvus Belli)

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 9, 2014

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

I, forkbanger, oath one University of Transmortis boxed set for Malifaux. (Wyrd, 32mm)

In no particular order- Student of Steel, Student of Sinew, Student of Viscera, Valedictorian.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, oath one command squad and a Commissar by Games Workshop for the game of Warhammer 40,000

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I, lilljonas, oath to paint the following models:

20 German infantrymen (one MG34 team are on the same base, so it's only 19 bases). 28mm, Warlord Games.

1 Sd. Kfz. 222 German Light Armoured Vehicle. 1:48 scale, ICM. Those four loose wheels and the etched brass canopy belong to it.

1 Sd. Kfz. 121 (Panzer II), 1:48 scale, Tamiya.

Basically it's two German infantry groups and two light vehicles, which is a decent starting point for Chain of Command. We aim to try the rules on the 18th, so hopefully these will be at tabletop standard before that.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Manufactorum, two Honour Guards and one Orc Warboss. All models 28mm GW.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Additional Oath! A Guardian and Perdita, both from Wyrd games (28mm)

The guardian was hit with a red primer, for the record. then the fucker fell and scraped some of it off on the cement

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Additional oath: Lanyssa Ryssyll, a warrior, a wizard.
Lanyssa is Privateer Press, the other two Reaper.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
I, Haydrian, do oath three Ork Nobs (Games Workshop) for the month of August

Going for a quick project, I've built a lot of Boys but I haven't made their leaders. Should have maybe saved this for the conversion theme month...

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Alright. In that case, I'll take the CAV mech from Iris of Ether's bag. my email is esser.zed at gmail--send me a message and I can send my address.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SRM posted:

I, SRM, oath one command squad and a Commissar by Games Workshop for the game of Warhammer 40,000

Okay, that stuff is painting up quick, so I'm making an Oath Addition! I oath 10 Chaos Cultists kitbashed from GW parts for the game of Warhammer 40k.

Conan the Librarian
Mar 1, 2006

I drink zee beer from zee glass but das boring, das boot? ew yeah das more like it keep pouring
Looks like I'm back to Save da Whales! from this ill fated oath I Conan the Librarian, do hereby oath these 3 T-54/55 tanks, 3 Su-100 self propelled guns, and this MiG-17. All are 15mm miniatures from Battlefront that I made last month in a burst of unjustified optimism. Instead I'll be finishing them up this month and adding something else

I, Conan the Librarian, being of mostly sound mind and adequate painting skills do hereby oath the following for the month of August in the year of our Lord twenty and fourteen. 3 Char 1Bs tanks and 6 Panhard AMD-35 armored cars. These miniatures are made by Forged in Battle and are scaled such that an average man would appear to be 15mm tall, ground to eye level.

To prove my sincere intent I will provide this picture:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Hi, folks! Been super busy since I came back, and I'm off to the mainland once again until late Sunday, so here's all the Oaths I missed since late last week.

Indolent Bastard posted:

I Indolent Bastard oath one 45th Highlander Rifle "Galwegian" (Corvus Belli)

ForkBanger posted:

I, forkbanger, oath one University of Transmortis boxed set for Malifaux. (Wyrd, 32mm)
In no particular order- Student of Steel, Student of Sinew, Student of Viscera, Valedictorian.

SRM posted:

lilljonas posted:

I, lilljonas, oath to paint the following models:

20 German infantrymen (one MG34 team are on the same base, so it's only 19 bases). 28mm, Warlord Games.

1 Sd. Kfz. 222 German Light Armoured Vehicle. 1:48 scale, ICM. Those four loose wheels and the etched brass canopy belong to it.

1 Sd. Kfz. 121 (Panzer II), 1:48 scale, Tamiya.

Basically it's two German infantry groups and two light vehicles, which is a decent starting point for Chain of Command. We aim to try the rules on the 18th, so hopefully these will be at tabletop standard before that.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Manufactorum, two Honour Guards and one Orc Warboss. All models 28mm GW.

Slimnoid posted:

Additional Oath! A Guardian and Perdita, both from Wyrd games (28mm)

The guardian was hit with a red primer, for the record. then the fucker fell and scraped some of it off on the cement

Red Shoe posted:

Additional oath: Lanyssa Ryssyll, a warrior, a wizard.
Lanyssa is Privateer Press, the other two Reaper.

Haydrian posted:

I, Haydrian, do oath three Ork Nobs (Games Workshop) for the month of August

Going for a quick project, I've built a lot of Boys but I haven't made their leaders. Should have maybe saved this for the conversion theme month...

SRM posted:

Okay, that stuff is painting up quick, so I'm making an Oath Addition! I oath 10 Chaos Cultists kitbashed from GW parts for the game of Warhammer 40k.

Conan the Librarian posted:

Looks like I'm back to Save da Whales! from this ill fated oath I Conan the Librarian, do hereby oath these 3 T-54/55 tanks, 3 Su-100 self propelled guns, and this MiG-17. All are 15mm miniatures from Battlefront that I made last month in a burst of unjustified optimism. Instead I'll be finishing them up this month and adding something else

I, Conan the Librarian, being of mostly sound mind and adequate painting skills do hereby oath the following for the month of August in the year of our Lord twenty and fourteen. 3 Char 1Bs tanks and 6 Panhard AMD-35 armored cars. These miniatures are made by Forged in Battle and are scaled such that an average man would appear to be 15mm tall, ground to eye level.

Oaths Accepted!

I'll try to get the photo album sorted and post a link before I go, so the Judges are able to make their selection while I'm away.

Esser-Z posted:

Alright. In that case, I'll take the CAV mech from Iris of Ether's bag. my email is esser.zed at gmail--send me a message and I can send my address.

I'll ask Iris of Ether to get in touch!

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!
OATH PICTURE RETAKE

Hopefully this one's OK, Krushgroove - and sorry about the delay, I've been busy!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath completed

For my oath, I opted to try the jurnal for this month. I wasn't...really...sure of my ability to do it, so I decided to take a couple pictures along the way for the thread overseers to decide. For reference, I am following this tutorial which I found via Google: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/?topic=10116.0

Starting off, I'm doing it small, so the NMM is just on the Gun Mage UA's sword blade, which in this picture is bare except for primer.

Moving on, I put P3 Bastion Grey as my base on the sword blade.

I mix a bit of P3 Morrow White in with a smear of Bastion Grey to get a lighter grey and lighten up the side of the blade closer to the UA.

Mix up some grey with Thamar Black and use that to darken the farther side.

Add a bit more Morrow White to my grey smear and lighten near the tip of the sword.

Back closeup.

Overall, I think I got something of a NMM effect near the tip and in the lighter regions, but the darker regions need to be better defined? Might help if I had a darker grey on hand rather than trying to mix in black. Claiming jurnal if okay.

Outside front picture along with a Squire and Journeyman Warcaster I finished recently (didn't oath them because they were already partially painted)

Outside closeup of UA.

Photo from the back, mostly to show off the little brick wall I built for my Journeyman Warcaster.

Date and time photo...for kicks.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oathing: 6 Soda Pop Miniatures SDE models (5 heroes and roxor) as well as privateer press' Severius and two daughters of flame

Starting nearly halfway through the month with a ton of models! Playin risky...

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick, do oath the following for August 2014:

21 British Paratroopers by Warlord Games in 28mm.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Saint Luke

Orchid

Nathaniel

Saint Mark

Guardian

Perdita

The only bonus this month was the Jurnal's Non-Metal Metallic, which is on Saint Mark. I loathed doing that one, by the way, probably because the model itself is just kind of boring and unfun to do.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I, jodai, Oath these models: Baldur, woldwarden and woldwyrd(Privateer Press, 28mm), Viktoria of Blood, Viktoria of Ashes, Hans, Bishop and Convict Gunslinger(Wyrd Miniatures, 32mm).

I hope this is okay, I took these pictures on Sunday and thought I posted them but I just realized I hadn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I WiteOutMouse Oath 14 Seekers of Slaanesh and one Herald of Slaanesh on a Seeker Mount(conversion of Seeker Kit) 28mm. Games Workshop, 'bike'bases. Themed Group.

Linked for BIG

• Locked thread