Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Why cookie Rocket posted:

No no by all means keep going this is super helpful

I thought I was being helpful in pulling the trigger in maybe paying a little extra for the Toy Biz version, but after just checking, holy poo poo you can't find one of them for less than $200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Beanpants posted:

I thought I was being helpful in pulling the trigger in maybe paying a little extra for the Toy Biz version, but after just checking, holy poo poo you can't find one of them for less than $200.

wtf, really? That's crazy.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Beanpants posted:

I was just being sassy anyway, it's not like anyone in this thread could possibly help the weird curse that sees Deadpool figures released in super-small quantities. I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and customize one, might be fun anyway.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

No no by all means keep going this is super helpful

I know you said you wanted the red/black version, but if you could live with the X-Force costume, I've found several of those NIB for around $30.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat this unmasked Wolverine looks like poo poo. The orangish yellow paint is terrible.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Mr. Yuk posted:

I know you said you wanted the red/black version, but if you could live with the X-Force costume, I've found several of those NIB for around $30.

The Rage was kind enough to trade one to me, but it's just not scratching the itch.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I always had the worst luck/availability with figures since the local TRU/Walmart never really got anything notable. Then one day I happened to be there just as they unpacked the latest ML shipment. I snagged Deadpool (which was awesome) and Phoenix (not so much) and couldn't believe my luck.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I thought Phoenix was pretty awesome for the time. Toybiz was never really great with female figures though. Hasbro has figures out a pretty good body for them.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

therealjon_ posted:

I thought Phoenix was pretty awesome for the time. Toybiz was never really great with female figures though. Hasbro has figures out a pretty good body for them.

I certainly hope they're better at it, they've been doing it for almost twice as long as ToyBiz. ToyBiz wasn't great at the end but they were serviceable most of the time. Hasbro was AWFUL when they started. Anyone else remember Emma Frost, now with diaper action?

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Toy biz had a rough start with their female figures (the Elektra body is a nightmare) but I'd still put the Phoenix and the Psylocke up against anything put out by Hasbro today. The Phoenix headsculpt in particular was brilliant. It looked like a Dave Cockrum drawing, but as a real human.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Got another glimpse of local Walgreens Agent Venom stock, between six stores north of me by 20 minutes they got 48 figures. So I'm guessing the saturation point is coming soon.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Hasbro did not get a good female body down until Elektra 2.0 It really did take them a while to figure things out. They have since branched out from that buck and now have a good set of varying female body types to work with now.

Toybiz female figs may look dated, but they I feel like they tried and were sort of pioneering things. Toybiz Storm, Wasp, and Psylocke are still decent in my book.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Does anyone have a Black Knight Marvel Legends figure? Is it worth the $30-ish on Amazon?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Red posted:

Does anyone have a Black Knight Marvel Legends figure? Is it worth the $30-ish on Amazon?

I did, and it is not worth $30. Unless you are the biggest Black Knight fan there is.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

therealjon_ posted:

I did, and it is not worth $30. Unless you are the biggest Black Knight fan there is.

:smith:

He looks really nice, but it just feels incomplete without an Atomic Steed. But as far as I know, they only made a Steed for Hawkeye, who's stupid expensive.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
Speaking of old ToyBiz figures, I'm going through a lot of them and organizing them by team (minus X-Men blue/gold, which are already complete):

Lots of holes in there.

Also got my overpriced Gladiator in the mail yesterday. Fantastic figure.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
e: double post

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 13, 2014

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
e: triple post.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Speaking of old ToyBiz figures, I'm going through a lot of them and organizing them by team (minus X-Men blue/gold, which are already complete):

It's interesting how the New Mutant wave from 1998 still sort of looks to still be in scale. How is that Rahne? I passed her and Magik up a lot as a kid, but with Magik supposedly coming out next year, it looks like I won't need to settle for that old one.

Does anyone collect DC Collectibles? I went to my local comic shop and looked at some of the recent releases and despite the quality of the super villains they released earlier this year, they mostly looked bland and/or like poo poo.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
So I got my Hasbro SDCC stuff yesterday.

The Infinity Gauntlet is just amazing. I have wanted one since 1991 so having it sit next to me is kind of a lifelong dream. The MU figures are MU figures since I don't collect them I can't say if they are good or bad.

The Thanos Imperative set is jaw dropping. It has the best packaging I have ever seen. I wish I bought a second set just to leave sealed forever and have on display.

The figures are really impressive. I know some people have got bad paint apps or damaged figures but every one of mine look drat near perfect. The Starlord is probably the standout followed by Gladiator. Honestly the only complaints I have about it is I wish Medusa's hair was posesble and Blastar had energy blasts.

So well worth the money and they came pretty much unscathed in the post. A few dings but nothing major.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/exclusives

They're up again in case any of you didn't get through last time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beanpants posted:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/exclusives

They're up again in case any of you didn't get through last time.

Am I nuts or did they used to offer free shipping on orders over $25?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

It used to be free shipping on $50 and up, but it's gone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

It used to be free shipping on $50 and up, but it's gone.

Lame.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

FYI I know you're looking for only Star-Lord but I've read of a lot of people buying the set, keeping one, and selling the rest for $30 a pop so expect to make your money back if you're only gonna keep one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

FYI I know you're looking for only Star-Lord but I've read of a lot of people buying the set, keeping one, and selling the rest for $30 a pop so expect to make your money back if you're only gonna keep one.

Yeah I popped for the set with plans to do just that. Loose Star Lords were hitting $45-55 on Ebay last week so I figure it's worth it.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I also pulled the trigger on a ML Thanos Imperitive set with intentions to keep Star Lord and maaaayybe Blastaar. If anyone wants any of the other three I will let them go at an exceedingly reasonable price.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I also pulled the trigger on a ML Thanos Imperitive set with intentions to keep Star Lord and maaaayybe Blastaar. If anyone wants any of the other three I will let them go at an exceedingly reasonable price.

I will sell mine at exceedingly low prices minus $1. :)

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I will sell mine at exceedingly low prices minus $1. :)

I was thinking $20 a pop, if you really want to beat that be my guest. :)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I was thinking $20 a pop, if you really want to beat that be my guest. :)

I will also give away a free piece of candy if you buy mine.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I will also give away a free piece of candy if you buy mine.

I was going to request a piece of candy to cover the cost of the padded envelope. :(

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
Gentlemen, gentlemen, please, I think you will be able to sell the figures for whatever exceedingly low dollar amount you offer them for.

That said, I will gladly take an extra Gladiator off of one of you for $20 + shipping. I'd like to have a second in case the one I have catches fire or gets stolen by a burglar that has good taste in toys.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Louisgod posted:

Gentlemen, gentlemen, please, I think you will be able to sell the figures for whatever exceedingly low dollar amount you offer them for.

That said, I will gladly take an extra Gladiator off of one of you for $20 + shipping. I'd like to have a second in case the one I have catches fire or gets stolen by a burglar that has good taste in toys.

No no by all means talk to Rhyno, I hear he's just desperate to sell his for $19.

(I gotcha covered if he bails)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

No no by all means talk to Rhyno, I hear he's just desperate to sell his for $19.

(I gotcha covered if he bails)

I also include free hugs if you pick it up yourself.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I'm marginally disappointed with the packin figures from the Marvel Universe IG set but man, that gauntlet is amazing. As nonplussed I am with the figures, I'm still tempted to get another set, JUST to have another gauntlet.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
If anyone that is buying the Thanos Imperative ML set has extra Black Bolts, Madusas, or Gladiators, I will gladly buy them!

I got the Infinity Gauntlet MU set and Jabba sdcc in the mail yesterday. The infinity gauntlet is great and I'm really excited to have a 3 3/4 Death. I didn't realize how much I would like the packaging on the Jabba, so I might just keep him in the box to display that way (I open about 95% of my toys). While they were both expensive sets, I like them alot.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
I saw the Rocket and Nova figures at Target today. The ones with Groot's head and arm in the packeages. I passed them up because I am apparently stupid. I got home and had a moment of clarity, and dashed back to the Target only to find someone had purchased them, leaving the shelves full of Draxes, Starlords, Gamoras, and ...Iron Man?

So am I going to be in the doghouse when Christmas rolls around? How "rare" are those two figures?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Ramen Pride! posted:

I saw the Rocket and Nova figures at Target today. The ones with Groot's head and arm in the packeages. I passed them up because I am apparently stupid. I got home and had a moment of clarity, and dashed back to the Target only to find someone had purchased them, leaving the shelves full of Draxes, Starlords, Gamoras, and ...Iron Man?

So am I going to be in the doghouse when Christmas rolls around? How "rare" are those two figures?

Boy do I have a sad story to tell you...

Unless you just want the figures and not the Groot parts, in which case I'll happily sell you mine for cheap.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Ramen Pride! posted:

The rarest. Sorry, bud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ramen Pride! posted:

I've seen two Rocket's in the wild but not a single Nova.

Diamond got less than half of their ordered cases, we did not get the case we ordered due to the allocation.