Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
If Yasuo is Jetstream Sam then we need a corresponding Raiden skin for Riven so we can have Metal Gear Rising: Rivengeance.

Angry Walrus fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Invalid Validation posted:

I'll go out on a limb and say having 6 different skills that don't cost mana is going to be a reason to first pick him. We'll see I guess.
Congratulations on discovering the hidden variable that I'm sure never occurred to Riot during his development at any point.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

Congratulations on discovering the hidden variable that I'm sure never occurred to Riot during his development at any point.

Riot released Elise, and even after countless nerfs, she's still played a lot in pro games. They're generally decent enough at balancing newly released champs given time, but they're pretty bad at releasing things in a balanced state.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Goonnorms!

I can't believe I beat a plat 3 Yasuo in lane as AD Nami. Literally everything he tried to do I countered hard. Windwall? E self, wait for it to go down, slow him and kite/chase him til' half hp. He hard engages on you? Bubble yourself, watch him flounder as you chop him to death with bubbles. Need to get a quick kill? Ult -> Bubble -> E -> ignite burst him to death. He tries to wittle you down using minions? Blue buff charged heal, loser!

I wish we won, but Udyr got insanely fed and refused to die, so we lost :( It was a good game though!

How Rude fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 13, 2014

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

How Rude posted:

scoreboard.jpg

All I'm getting from this is that you need to Quinn it to win it.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Angry Walrus posted:

All I'm getting from this is that you need to Quinn it to win it.

Agreed. Her bird powers were too strong.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I had three kills on Nidalee at one point in that game and then Udyr just started catching me out and was 7-0 already so there was nothing to do. I always am surprised at how hard that guy can carry.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Udyr is a butt of a champion who is either easily kitable or impossible to escape from depending on whether or not he gets rolling. Rito please give him meaningful interactions that are not "run away from and occasionally shoot at".

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Tonight was pretty rough in solo queue, after a few weeks of not really having that many problems. I was first pick, but I didn't want to argue with one of the other guys, so I agree to go mid instead of support. He picks Sona and gives up 3 immediate kills to their bottom lane, doesn't buy a ward at all (sweeping lens instead of ward trinket), and rushes deathcap and lichbane before getting a sightstone. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a good player, but I'd like to think that I played serviceable enough that we could have won had this guy not trolled so hard.

match stats

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Monathin posted:

Udyr is a butt of a champion who is either easily kitable or impossible to escape from depending on whether or not he gets rolling. Rito please give him meaningful interactions that are not "run away from and occasionally shoot at".

I'm not sure that's possible while retaining his infinitely appealing "4 self stat buffs" gameplay. The whole gunblade build thing is probably the only reason people haven't started playing the dude with a racing wheel.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Big McHuge posted:

Tonight was pretty rough in solo queue, after a few weeks of not really having that many problems. I was first pick, but I didn't want to argue with one of the other guys, so I agree to go mid instead of support. He picks Sona and gives up 3 immediate kills to their bottom lane, doesn't buy a ward at all (sweeping lens instead of ward trinket), and rushes deathcap and lichbane before getting a sightstone. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a good player, but I'd like to think that I played serviceable enough that we could have won had this guy not trolled so hard.

match stats

I dont see the problem? Sona has good AP ratios and is constantly casting spells and auto-attacking. Maybe you should have helped and built a sightstone to help your team?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

frajaq posted:

I dont see the problem? Sona has good AP ratios and is constantly casting spells and auto-attacking. Maybe you should have helped and built a sightstone to help your team?

Because supports should get sightstone, like, immediately. The only thing I can see delaying your sightstone for is second tier support item or boots. I have no problem with them buying dcap or lich bane but I would always get them after sightstone, and only if I was already ahead.

Oh, and I'd definitely get a Mikhael's against Morgana.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

You might be getting your chain yanked a bit hard there. I'm not sure that was a Serious Post in the Something Awful League of Legends Thread.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

A Stupid Baby posted:

I'm not sure that's possible while retaining his infinitely appealing "4 self stat buffs" gameplay. The whole gunblade build thing is probably the only reason people haven't started playing the dude with a racing wheel.

Now I really want to try playing Udyr on a DDR mat and some Donkey Konga bongos :unsmigghh:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Monathin posted:

You might be getting your chain yanked a bit hard there. I'm not sure that was a Serious Post in the Something Awful League of Legends Thread.

Well ok but I'm still a believer that every single hero in this game should get a fully upgraded sightstone. 3 wards x 5 = 15 wards!!! Holy poo poo that's a lot of wards! Its basically map hacking really

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Did they seriously just put metal sephiroth into this game

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

frajaq posted:

Well ok but I'm still a believer that every single hero in this game should get a fully upgraded sightstone. 3 wards x 5 = 15 wards!!! Holy poo poo that's a lot of wards! Its basically map hacking really

Five wards short, you can have a pink ward per person, too. being able to keep five pink wards up at all times is the real maphack.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I feel like marginal utility of wards diminishes quickly past like 6-7 (two sightstones) or so. Not to mention that you won't be able to have enough map control to be able to place more than 10ish useful wards at once, and if you do, you're likely already winning the game anyway.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

In all honesty yeah, you really only need Sightstones on two members of the team - Jungler and Support. Everyone else can make do with trinkets and the occasional ward purchase.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Three games tonight where the opposing team refuses to report afkers/rage-quitters, actually defends them with poo poo like, "No need to report, everyone has a bad day". Funny how you never hear that when you're on the suffering team. People are poo poo.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Monathin posted:

Hey, I was queuing with one our diamond goons and he got mad at me missing CS as Tristana so he took it all as support Veigar and I built sightstone. We won that game. :colbert:

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Jelly posted:

Three games tonight where the opposing team refuses to report afkers/rage-quitters, actually defends them with poo poo like, "No need to report, everyone has a bad day". Funny how you never hear that when you're on the suffering team. People are poo poo.

Telling the other team to report someone on your team diminishes their feeling of accomplishment for winning. Sure, it's probably incredibly blatant that you had a feeder on full-blast, but that doesn't stop people from getting offended at the possibility that their play had literally nothing to do with their victory. People don't put much thought into their video games.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Jelly posted:

If they afked or RQ for a while before the game ended they will be picked up automatically (name in red on the score screen). If they didn't, and I have no evidence that it wasn't just a DC 1 minute before we won anyway, then I'm not going to report them for that.

I rarely report afk/DC for those reasons. It's only really relevant when someone afks for a long time and then comes back right at the end to avoid leaverbuster or if they just sit in the fountain moving occasionally.

Colonel Squish posted:

Telling the other team to report someone on your team diminishes their feeling of accomplishment for winning. Sure, it's probably incredibly blatant that you had a feeder on full-blast, but that doesn't stop people from getting offended at the possibility that their play had literally nothing to do with their victory. People don't put much thought into their video games.

Most of the report requests I see are because "they're really toxic" when the player has said nothing untoward in all chat. Ok, maybe they are really toxic but I have nothing to prove that other than your word and there's already 4 people able to report them who have seen what they were typing in allied chat.

Intentional feeders are usually pretty obvious but again it's annoying to have people request that I report someone on the other side of the map for gameplay stuff I haven't actually been watching.

Bubble-T fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Aug 13, 2014

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

How did Rammus find his way back to the top of the win-rate charts? He was in this exact position several months ago and they specifically addressed and solved the issue by taking a third of the time off of his taunt.

Bubble-T posted:

If they afked or RQ for a while before the game ended they will be picked up automatically (name in red on the score screen). If they didn't, and I have no evidence that it wasn't just a DC 1 minute before we won anyway, then I'm not going to report them for that.

I rarely report afk/DC for those reasons. It's only really relevant when someone afks for a long time and then comes back right at the end to avoid leaverbuster or if they just sit in the fountain moving occasionally.

Reporting comes down to reporting the person who you personally believe deserves to get banned on your own. Trying to sway other people is usually annoying and done way too often when things are ambiguous. Sometimes a reminder is okay. "Hey, report that obviously feeding dude. Thanks."

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Golem is a really good rammus item, mostly.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Colonel Squish posted:

How did Rammus find his way back to the top of the win-rate charts? He was in this exact position several months ago and they specifically addressed and solved the issue by taking a third of the time off of his taunt.

Maybe Quill Coat helped him? And I guess Lee/Elise/Kha/Eve have all seen several nerfs too.

quote:

Reporting comes down to reporting the person who you personally believe deserves to get banned on your own. Trying to sway other people is usually annoying and done way too often when things are ambiguous. Sometimes a reminder is okay. "Hey, report that obviously feeding dude. Thanks."

I will only ever ask for people to report someone if they went afk or ragequit but I should probably stop doing that honestly. I don't think it really accomplishes anything.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Oh god it actually is Jetstream Yasuo

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I for one am happy that Rammus might get popular again, less people playing vi = longer until the best champ in the game is nerfed again.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Let's see those triforce buffs riot!

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
For context the guy was afk like 90% of the game but kept coming back. He was also 0/10 (Provided 1/3 of the kills to the opposing team). I know I'm being butthurt.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I for one am happy that Rammus might get popular again, less people playing vi = longer until the best champ in the game is nerfed again.

Her popularity basically doubled after the last patch and I can see the end times coming as clear as day

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Please no I can't lose Vi :qq:

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Players: y r u doing dis
Riot: she can never be.... viable
Players: noooo

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i dunno, vi has been relevant for so long now maybe they just dont care. its not like she's overbearing in any way other than her good level 6 ganks, everything else is pretty fun to play around

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Tonetta posted:

Players: y r u doing dis
Riot: she can never be.... viable
Players: noooo

lol ffs

but anyway let's just all play AP pig jungle because it's fun as poo poo

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
I'm probably a little biased but I feel that Vi is one of the best balanced champs in the game. She has clear strengths AND weaknesses, competitively viable (heh) at all levels from Bronze to Challenger and has plenty of creative freedom in her build pathing.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'm just happy the Fiora rework get shelved

102 AD at level 1, yes please

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Verviticus posted:

i dunno, vi has been relevant for so long now maybe they just dont care. its not like she's overbearing in any way other than her good level 6 ganks, everything else is pretty fun to play around

I feel like you could have said this for a lot of things have been nerfed, though

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

AHH FUGH posted:

I'm just happy the Fiora rework get shelved

102 AD at level 1, yes please

I feel like everyone who plays top lane should take a good half hour and learn what Fiora does because otherwise you are liable to get completely destroyed at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Angry Walrus posted:

If Yasuo is Jetstream Sam then we need a corresponding Raiden skin for Riven so we can have Metal Gear Rising: Rivengeance.

We also need Senator Mundo.

• Locked thread