Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Yeti
Jun 1, 2011

Tollymain posted:

i would do the same, because it would be funny

I don't understand, who would ever joke about that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
me, apparently

Happy Yeti
Jun 1, 2011
You're even more deviant than she is!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dicks are inherently funny

answering somebody's request for a picture of a thing with bragging ramble about said thing (and not drawing that thing) is also inherently funny

v:shobon:v

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
So not only is General Bell a traitor clearing the way for the silver, he also knows that Toma & co and making a mess of the plan. I suspect that the next batch of soldiers to arrive in town will make the contents of that cell seem pretty decent by comparison.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Kinda wish we could skip along to the next chapter because heads are absolutely going to start flying.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Slashrat posted:

So not only is General Bell a traitor clearing the way for the silver, he also knows that Toma & co and making a mess of the plan. I suspect that the next batch of soldiers to arrive in town will make the contents of that cell seem pretty decent by comparison.

Yyyyep.

Loving the magic telegraph machine in the second-to-last panel.

DentedLamp
Aug 2, 2012
Can Bell really be considered the traitor here if there's a (rather good) chance that the entire plot is being sponsored by Her Majesty and/or her administration?

It's blatantly being foreshadowed by the rotund lady that our Crescian heroes are the ones that will be labelled traitors and forced to become outlaws/renegades. Which is kind of frustrating, since so many stories already do that kind of thing.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

DentedLamp posted:

Can Bell really be considered the traitor here if there's a (rather good) chance that the entire plot is being sponsored by Her Majesty and/or her administration?

Well right now there's a rather good implication this whole thing might be part of a coup: Stockyard made an "outsource their revolution" comment, so it MIGHT involve the administration but I rather doubt it involves the queen herself.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I remember hints pointing toward the Queen's cousin (aka Toma's (ex-)wife) being linked to the plot, but nothing about the queen herself being involved in it.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Seems unlikely the queen is involved. What would she really gain? She's already the queen and she could escalate the way if she wanted. I'm sure there's a better way to consolidate power than blowing up her own palace with the equivalent of an unstable, untested nuke. Plus, there have been a lot of hints that the queen is a person of great personal power, someone important to the way Cresce runs separate from the fact that she just happens to be the person who is the current queen.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
None of which matters in the slightest now, becuase by the latest panel it would appear all of Sette's birthdays have come at once.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jackpot. (Which I actually said out loud upon seeing that final panel, because drat.)

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Oops, now this chapter is the best one. Amazing how that turned around so quick.

Look at Sette's little spider buddy making the same gesture as her. :3:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Right now, this is the best possible thing that gets to be a thing.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah she found a blue buggy cloak
In the cops' hidden closet with a box of fun things
And I don't even know what
But she's comin for you
Yeah she's comin for you

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Somebody remind me whether we already know what, if any, significance that blue cloak has.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Slashrat posted:

Somebody remind me whether we already know what, if any, significance that blue cloak has.

It's got some p. powerful primary if I remember correctly.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
It's also First Silk, which makes it decent protection against other pymary.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
This is it right here:

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
This webcomic is really cool.

Honestly. Didn't care for it so much the first two chapters. But it's growing on me.

Is there any generally held creepy lizards are behind it all theory? They are in the background in a lot of shots and Cutter is really really creepy. Also probably mad.

They seem kind of like the Keepers from Mass Effect. They do menial labour, nobody cares about them, but they are everywhere. And they are the only race without a country. (if a lizard country hasn't been mentioned somewhere)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Affi posted:

This webcomic is really cool.

Honestly. Didn't care for it so much the first two chapters. But it's growing on me.

Is there any generally held creepy lizards are behind it all theory? They are in the background in a lot of shots and Cutter is really really creepy. Also probably mad.

They seem kind of like the Keepers from Mass Effect. They do menial labour, nobody cares about them, but they are everywhere. And they are the only race without a country. (if a lizard country hasn't been mentioned somewhere)

Duane discusses them a little in the in-character Formsprings. By all accounts they really are what they seem, a second-class race that keeps to itself and isn't investigated very closely. But Duane also says that Two-Toe pymary is way different from whatever humans are familiar with, though he's never had a chance to study it closely.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also if you pay attention they're pretty much around to listen to every idiot blather about their plots and what they're doing because hey, they're dumb lizards, what could they possibly do with what they hear?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Heh, Matti just pissed all over Sette's face. Comedy doesn't get any finer than that!

What a whizzard.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But you are a person, and I can't say I'm awfully fond of that.
In before the next 800 posts about how it's obvious Glass is just a pee fetishist furiously masturbating to pedo golden showers.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

In before the next 800 posts about how it's obvious Glass is just a pee fetishist furiously masturbating to pedo golden showers.

really it goes without saying

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
You're not cool, Sette. Stop trying to pretend you're cool.

That was pretty cool.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
When did Sette get so badass?

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
It's all ogre now.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
All the guards are now either out, or out cold.

Interesting that the guards are fighting among themselves.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Holy poo poo :stare:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Cresce is good at making people super angry at them, I guess.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
What a place to end on a cliffhanger :(

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Well that's looking pretty unambiguously like the setup for a killstroke in the next page :ohdear:

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Saving children at the cost of her own health, she has my vote of support.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
And Sette is once again a tremendous fuckup. You have gained possibly 4 allies if you lucky while releasing everyone else who was working for Stockyard, GJ!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Hard to follow what's going on here. She dissolved the sword with her hand and used its aspect to help the kids somehow?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Decent people all must die, ASoIaF flashbacks up in here.

Although from the perspective of the guards she is literally the oppressive arm of the state, and clearly a bad guy. Probably the town guards aren't aware of what exactly Stockyard is dealing in.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
This would be a really, really good time for Quigley to kick down the door looking for his kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

It was stated that there will only be several more pages in the chapter, and Quigley won't be in this one (unless that changed), so even if he does come looking for Matty we likely won't see it for a month or more until after the break. Duane is all locked up for the night, so he is out. Sette is still close by, she might help her new recruits out of the bind she just put them in, but I don't see her helping out a cop out of the goodness of her heart, especially one that wanted to put her in jail before.

Captain Toma is the only character we know that would have any obvious reason to come by the police station and have any real motivation to save Elka. Every other character we have met is either missing the ability, motivation, location, or knowledge of what is happening to do much.

It looks like Elka's last move was to try to help save the kids using some sort of water spell but the effect still seems ambiguous. It appears that Jivi and Matty are falling or slipping, so did she try to make the guard slip but miss, get the kids to slip out of the way of the sword, turn the ground into water so the kids could fall through it to somewhere safer below, or something else? I guess we have to wait until Monday to find out, which still isn't as bad as the much longer wait comming up soon.