Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
insta
Jan 28, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

Schadenfreude, schadenfreude.

Tonight at 11. It's called the Tire Challenge and teens across America are trying it for the first time! Look at our lovely stock photos of YouTube while we say mundane things in ominous voices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH

Rad Tad posted:

and it is hungry hungry

:laffo:

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I have no clue what I'm looking at.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Rad Tad posted:

and it is hungry hungry

lol

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Frostwerks posted:

I have no clue what I'm looking at.

A hungry hungry tire.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Holy loving poo poo.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Say Nothing posted:

That soccer goal is beyond magnificent.

And the last pic should probably include '...and act like a complete drunk rear end in a top hat'.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
:thejoke:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Merijn posted:

That soccer goal is beyond magnificent.

And the last pic should probably include '...and act like a complete drunk rear end in a top hat'.

No, he wasn't actually belligerent, he just passed out as soon as they boarded. They didn't have any markers.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

They're probably preventing him from falling out of his chair while he's sleeping it off. The gag is to prevent him from snoring. They're so nice on airplanes.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

The price of Bitcoin today

down 15% in the last month

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Robawesome posted:

The price of Bitcoin today

down 15% in the last month

The schadenfreude is every single one of us that mocked it, and the fools that bought it, incessantly when it was $3/BTC right?

yes, I know it's practically impossible to get BTC->real money back out, so the value is essentially meaningless anyway

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

SybilVimes posted:

The schadenfreude is every single one of us that mocked it, and the fools that bought it, incessantly when it was $3/BTC right?

yes, I know it's practically impossible to get BTC->real money back out, so the value is essentially meaningless anyway

Here we go

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

ElGroucho posted:

Here we go

Don't blame the BTCer, he's mentally handicapped and didn't know what he was doing!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I swear to god if I'm 60 and bitcoin is like apple shares of stock I'm going to blame goons.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

KoRMaK posted:

I swear to god if I'm 60 and bitcoin is like apple shares of stock I'm going to blame goons.

This but ironically.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

ElGroucho posted:

Here we go

Maybe you could learn to read, then read my post 'again'.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

SybilVimes posted:

Maybe you could learn to read, then read my post 'again'.

His post seems appropriate.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Apogee15 posted:

His post seems appropriate.

Only if you're in so much of a rush to circlejerk over bitcoiners to read 'us' as NOT including the person saying it.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

SybilVimes posted:

Only if you're in so much of a rush to circlejerk over bitcoiners to read 'us' as NOT including the person saying it.

Pretty sure his "Here was go" statement was just in reference to the fact that your post was likely to start the bitcoin argument which goes like "bitcoins are stupid" "ya, bitcoins are stupid, but some people did make money on it, so is it REALLY stupid?" "Yes it's really stupid" "No, but money!" etc etc.

It doesn't matter who your post was referencing, just the fact that it brought up the bitcoin debate.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The best way to avoid a derail about bitcoins is to start a meta derail about derailing about bitcoins.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Apogee15 posted:

Pretty sure his "Here was go" statement was just in reference to the fact that your post was likely to start the bitcoin argument which goes like "bitcoins are stupid" "ya, bitcoins are stupid, but some people did make money on it, so is it REALLY stupid?" "Yes it's really stupid" "No, but money!" etc etc.

It doesn't matter who your post was referencing, just the fact that it brought up the bitcoin debate.

loving Bingo

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
There's some amazing schadenfreude to be found in the 2009 National Geographic documentary 9/11: Science and Conspiracy

NGC basically goes Mythbusters on all the aspects of the "controlled demolition" theories. Engineers set up a series of experiments to show that yes, jet fuel does indeed burn hot enough to melt steel, and no, not even 175 lbs of secretly-placed thermite can do more than scorch it, etc etc.

This would be interesting enough on its own, but the best segments are when they bring a bunch of the top Truthers into a conference room and show them video of the engineer's findings, and they're forced to double down. Watching these guys squirm and try to keep moving the goalposts is incredibly entertaining.

Pictured below: the director of Loose Change having second thoughts.

Link to the scene in question.

The whole thing is on Youtube and Netflix Instant, and I highly recommend it.

For bonus schadenfreude, here are some enraged truther reactions!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

We have dedicated Bitcoin threads in a number of subforums for all your attacking and defending needs!

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
The comments on that page are interesting. Apparently 9/11 was an inside job, evolution is a lie, and global warming doesn't exist.

Apparently anything that contradicts your beliefs is a massive conspiracy. No chance they could be wrong about anything.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Leon Einstein posted:

The comments on that page are interesting. Apparently 9/11 was an inside job, evolution is a lie, and global warming doesn't exist.

Apparently anything that contradicts your beliefs is a massive conspiracy. No chance they could be wrong about anything.

Dogma is a heck of thing. Doesn't even matter what genre/culture/subgenre/subculture you belong in. If you're a dogmatist, you're pretty much a dipshit.

Fake Edit: I believe this with all my soul and WILL NOT BE SWAYED

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Morton Haynice posted:

There's some amazing schadenfreude to be found in the 2009 National Geographic documentary 9/11: Science and Conspiracy

NGC basically goes Mythbusters on all the aspects of the "controlled demolition" theories. Engineers set up a series of experiments to show that yes, jet fuel does indeed burn hot enough to melt steel, and no, not even 175 lbs of secretly-placed thermite can do more than scorch it, etc etc.

This would be interesting enough on its own, but the best segments are when they bring a bunch of the top Truthers into a conference room and show them video of the engineer's findings, and they're forced to double down. Watching these guys squirm and try to keep moving the goalposts is incredibly entertaining.

Pictured below: the director of Loose Change having second thoughts.

Link to the scene in question.

The whole thing is on Youtube and Netflix Instant, and I highly recommend it.

For bonus schadenfreude, here are some enraged truther reactions!

Man, this seems like it could be pretty neat to watch but it's "not available in your country" (never heard that one before!) and I literally can't find it anywhere else. Anyone know how I could view it?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

HaB posted:

Dogma is a heck of thing. Doesn't even matter what genre/culture/subgenre/subculture you belong in. If you're a dogmatist, you're pretty much a dipshit.

Fake Edit: I believe this with all my soul and WILL NOT BE SWAYED

Being dogmatic about believing dogmatists are wrong is problematic because

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's perfectly consistent. If you genuinely believe that shadowy forces control the media, the scientists and all lines of electronic communication, then whatever theory has the most evidence supporting it must be a government lie.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Your Computer posted:

Man, this seems like it could be pretty neat to watch but it's "not available in your country" (never heard that one before!) and I literally can't find it anywhere else. Anyone know how I could view it?

Move to another country?

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Your Computer posted:

THE TRUTH CANNOT BE TOLD :tinfoil:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Say Nothing posted:

I'm guessing what happened here is that some idiot parked his car on the beach near the ocean at low tide, the tide came in and the tires sunk into the sand, and he had to remove the body of the car and leave the tires behind or something.

...At least, I hope it's that, and not "someone flipped a car upside-down on the beach and THAT sunk into the sand at high tide", because :gonk:

President Ark has a new favorite as of 20:53 on Aug 13, 2014

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Midjack posted:

We have dedicated Bitcoin threads in a number of subforums for all your attacking and defending needs!

True, but BitCoin is a nonstop supplier of top grade, prime schadenfreude so it fits. Hell you could probably feast on a lifetime of schadenfreude based on ButtCoins alone.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Man, this seems like it could be pretty neat to watch but it's "not available in your country" (never heard that one before!)
Are you American? It is a well-known fact that your government suppresses any material that enables free thought, as their Ridiculan masters prefer obedient slaves. Wake up sheeple :tinfoil:

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Pierzak posted:

Are you American? It is a well-known fact that your government suppresses any material that enables free thought, as their Ridiculan masters prefer obedient slaves. Wake up sheeple :tinfoil:

It's what makes it such a great country :911:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

President Ark posted:

I'm guessing what happened here is that some idiot parked his car on the beach near the ocean at low tide, the tide came in and the tires sunk into the sand, and he had to remove the body of the car and leave the tires behind or something.

...At least, I hope it's that, and not "someone flipped a car upside-down on the beach and THAT sunk into the sand at high tide", because :gonk:

Or, and hear me out on this one, the giant powerful body of water washed over the parked car and subsequently flipped and buried it.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Earlier today I had to call a health insurance company to get some information on diabetes coverage, and their hold music was the same cheerful little tune that L.A. Beast uses in his timelapses. It was better than the usual hold music, I gotta admit.

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop

Your Computer posted:

It's available on Netflix Instant if you've got a sub.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Morton Haynice posted:

It's available on Netflix Instant if you've got a sub.

Not American, so I don't got access to stuff like that :v:
You'd be surprised how much stuff is literally impossible to get without pirating in other countries. Not on television, in stores or on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Your Computer posted:

Not American, so I don't got access to stuff like that :v:
You'd be surprised how much stuff is literally impossible to get without pirating in other countries. Not on television, in stores or on the internet.

Sounds like your country needs some freedom, commie. Please begin harboring terrorists and/or WMD's so that we may apply liberal doses of America.

Please be advised we may apply freedom to country regardless whether or not you harboring terrorists and/or WMD's.

• Locked thread