Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

OK, experimenting with the Roaring Halberd...is it just me or does this thing fall apart if you so much as fart on it?

e; it also appears to be completely useless against Freja, as it keeps hitting her armour rather than her head. Well that's not at all irritating.

I love halberds/reapers but drat if they don't annoy me sometimes. They take durability damage if you hit an enemy with anything but the blade, worse if you hit a corpse and absolutely painful at 60fps. I always have a spare light weapon ready to go since it can go from "Warning! It's breaking!" to "Completely bloody broken!" in the same attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Someone mentioned a durability fix, but never elaborated. Any more info?

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I very nearly burned through 3 full weapons killing Sinh in NG++.

AgentJR
Jun 5, 2011

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Annath posted:

Someone mentioned a durability fix, but never elaborated. Any more info?

The only fix so far is a workaround. Lock the game to 30fps through your graphics card settings, GeDoSaTo, Bandicam, ENB, etc.

Durability is the biggest reason to do it, but you also slow down certain enemy attacks and do less riposte damage with certain weapons :buddy:

Manatee Cannon posted:

Seems like a lot of effort to go through. It's not really that big a deal.

Just think of it like modding. Use what you like.

AgentJR fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 13, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Buy repair powder that everyone sells instead of dooming yourself to 30 FPS.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Seems like a lot of effort to go through. It's not really that big a deal.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Currently rolling into NG+ with a Sanctum Shield, Black Witch Staff, and a Blue Flame as a backup, all maxed out.

This is absolutely amazing. I mean I still get my poo poo stomped in PvP but having all of the casting options available all the time is pretty drat sweet.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I've never had a weapon break, even without using the Bracing Knuckle Rings (aside from weapons with special r2s or in some instances of PVP). Even the more fragile ones like Roaring Halberd or rapiers.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Tae posted:

Buy repair powder that everyone sells instead of dooming yourself to 30 FPS.

Seriously. It's not that expensive after awhile.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Genocyber posted:

I've never had a weapon break, even without using the Bracing Knuckle Rings (aside from weapons with special r2s or in some instances of PVP). Even the more fragile ones like Roaring Halberd or rapiers.

I wasn't paying attention in the dlc and had my rings off, one spin-to-win took it from full to busted. It was a pretty good spin.

quote:

It's not that expensive after awhile.

I didn't realize before looking it up just now that Wellager sells infinite of them. That's handy.

e: Oh and Ornifex sells infinite amber herbs after you beat Nashandra. Cool!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Using a reaper is a fabulous experience if you like hitting the wall several meters to your left at a critical moment, and then doing it again, and also again, and then hitting the wall again some more.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I wasn't paying attention in the dlc and had my rings off, one spin-to-win took it from full to busted. It was a pretty good spin.

I just gave the Roaring Halberd a test go, from the first bonfire in the DLC to the second, killing everything but the two statue clusters and the corrosive insects. Had 16/40 durability by the time I reached the second bonfire. Close to breaking, but still a decent amount left, which is how it should be for weapons with medium durability.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Anyone around 2,185,000 SM wanna help me out with the Demon of Song? :v:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Annath posted:

Ng+ I assume? If so got a guy around there,

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Genocyber posted:

Ng+ I assume? If so got a guy around there,

NOPE! Just a terribad NG player. But SM is all that matters, right?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Gazaar posted:

I very nearly burned through 3 full weapons killing Sinh in NG++.

This is what Santiers is for.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Annath posted:

No, there's two pools, NG and everything else. Then SM.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

When fighting Sinh as a phantom in co-op in whatever range 7m souls is in (NG+? NG++?) I tend to go through about 2 (sometimes 3) weapons but I'm pretty sure that's related to the inflated health value/defense value.

Early on weapon durability can be a pain in the rear end even if you know what you're doing but we're talking like Forest of the Fallen Giants to Dead Man's Wharf early at most.

My DEX weapon character had a lot of durability issues early on due to how paper-thin the scimitar and epee are but once you start upgradin' them and whatnot it's not as bad.

Oh! Uh, actually durability mega sucks if you wanna use the Greatblue Moonsword (whatever Benhart's sword is called) all the time because the weapon has a really bad habit of clipping through enemy corpses for a really long time after you kill an enemy. That thing has some astoundingly bad durability, even at maxed out upgrades.

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Aug 13, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Annath posted:

Got a character around there. We should use the name ring. Which god and where should I place my sign?

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Annath posted:

Protip as someone who struggled with Demon of Song the first time: get in front of him, he will flail his arms at you twice, just dodge backwards, wait till the attack finishes, attack a little, he'll hide into his shell then will either try the exact same attack OR he will get up on his hind legs and smash. Just run backwards and to the left/right, roll when he smashes though you might not need to.

He'll 99% of the time only do those two attacks and should never hit you. I had problems at first because I wanted to dodge his attacks to the side and would get hit by a swipe.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Genocyber posted:

Got a character around there. We should use the name ring. Which god and where should I place my sign?

right by the Rhoy bonfire, and lets go with the love goddess

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Annath posted:

right by the Rhoy bonfire, and lets go with the love goddess

Okay. ;-*

e: Were you Burt?

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 13, 2014

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Were you the spear dude that saw me walk off the ledge :downs:

e: yup that was me. No effigys so I gott coop real qwuick

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Annath posted:

Were you the spear dude that saw me walk off the ledge :downs:

e: yup that was me. No effigys so I gott coop real qwuick

That's fine.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Inspector_666 posted:

This is what Santiers is for.

I don't even know what this means but santiers is for boring idiots!

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Gazaar posted:

I don't even know what this means but santiers is for boring idiots!

When you break Santier's Spear, it becomes indestrucible. What they mean is that it's the ultimate backup weapon for that reason.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Mighty Dicktron posted:

When you break Santier's Spear, it becomes indestrucible. What they mean is that it's the ultimate backup weapon for that reason.

That's something I never actually knew about it, chalk it up to literally never bothering to even break it once across 161 hours played. Roughly 130 of those hours spent in pvp against it too. I got REAL good at outplaying havelyns and the like.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
The 2H R1 damage isn't that great anymore, anyways, and you generally want to make a Raw Santier's now. It's not really the same as it was prepatch, which is kind of nice.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Genocyber posted:

I just gave the Roaring Halberd a test go, from the first bonfire in the DLC to the second, killing everything but the two statue clusters and the corrosive insects. Had 16/40 durability by the time I reached the second bonfire. Close to breaking, but still a decent amount left, which is how it should be for weapons with medium durability.

Good for you! Unfortunately, that wasn't my experience and I had to switch back to my claymore nearly immediately. To be fair though when I was using the Black Knight Halberd on my last melee char before my save got wiped, I didn't have any issues there, so this was mostly just a poorly thought out attack.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Aug 13, 2014

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
Every so often, I'll try to friend someone to send respect mail and they completely ignore it, possibly assuming I was going to froth at them. :negative:

Tamrael, if you're reading this, your build is good and interesting and I enjoyed our fight despite losing soundly.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I fine if I send someone a friend request after a good match that they usually add me. Got some decent dueling buddies this way.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Wrath of God at 1M SM... pretty much impossible legit, right? Just got killed by it in a duel.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Daynab posted:

Wrath of God at 1M SM... pretty much impossible legit, right? Just got killed by it in a duel.

Yeah, there's no way they got 150 duel/invasion wins that early, since not only would they need at least 150 Tokens/Orbs, but they'd have to win in the Arena (nigh impossible) or somehow find 150 people who have 10+ sin at sub-1M memory. And of course, the soul rewards from invading would send them skyrocketing above 1M.

I've run into people on NG who ~somehow~ had 10+ castings of Forbidden Sun. You know, the spell that takes 3 slots for 1 cast? :v: If something is obviously fishy, it's pretty safe to assume they're cheating.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Aug 13, 2014

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
GameTrailers has a preview of The Crown of the Old Iron King DLC. It contains a few spoilers on enemies and traps (including descriptions of their actual patterns and oddball attacks) but you can just mute it and check the footage, which isn't particularly spoiler-y.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Genocyber posted:

You didn't have your weapon break in the Sinh fight? He breaks them like nobody's business. Assuming you're not playing on 30 FPS with any rings, though.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

lordfrikk posted:

You didn't have your weapon break in the Sinh fight? He breaks them like nobody's business. Assuming you're not playing on 30 FPS with any rings, though.

He didn't break my weapon. I beat him with just the Old Mirrah Greatsword, no tricks.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I think it's specifically if you hit Sinh's limbs then your weapon degrades fast but everywhere else is fine.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Me neither, that really wasn't a big deal with a claymore. My brother never uses bracing rings and his swords got through fine as well, though he did start trying to 360 noscope Sinh with the Dragonslayer Greatbow.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I think it's specifically if you hit Sinh's limbs then your weapon degrades fast but everywhere else is fine.

His poison cloud attacks deal equipment damage. Don't walk into those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sihn has never broken my weapon, even while cooping with two other people. I use a twinblade.