Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br3non-oZMY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

Australian Christianity fell apart in the face of the Australian lifestyle. Let Moslems be here in peace and watch as it happens to their faith, too.

Why is it our historical mission to enable the reformation of Islam?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Calico Noose posted:

High Five fellow Newcastle Goon, we should have a goon meet-up where we huddle in a vacant shop front on Hunter street.

It will have to be soon, after they cut the train there will be no vacant lots.

The CBD is about to boom into the worlds busiest shopping district.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

Why is it our historical mission to enable the reformation of Islam?

It's not, it will just happen. Let it happen. What valid reason do you have for standing in opposition to it?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

rudatron posted:

'Nothing' is actually more valid via parsimony, but you're missing the point: by assuming it's a part of human nature, you're projecting your own way of thinking onto the 'space' of all possible human thought. Under this world view, atheists are somehow...not human? Sub-human? The special exception? And if they're the special exception, why are they a growing subgroup in western countries?

Religion and the ideologies of society are determined by societies' social and material conditions, not the other way around. If you're saying that faith is intrinsic, then that is nothing but ahistorical special pleading. I'm not even referring to monotheism here, pre-civilized beliefs are not based around the idea of 'another world' or any of that, everything is immanent. That's actually very close to materialist atheism, it's just that the 'rules of operation' of the world are different! Transcendent religion is caused by the emergence of classes under the neolithic revolution, and the requirements of settled society to manage those class relations, just as pre-civilized beliefs were caused by the requirements to manage inter-personal relationships (the reduction of conspicuous consumption and a kind of justice system).

Lol three things:
= Atheism is a religious position. I've said this a fuckload of times. There is a difference between religion and organised religion, some atheists fall into a vague category of organised believers, some may not. Just like any other religious persuasion
= what's your definition of precivilised
= I'm guessing you're extrapolating from a book or maybe two, so what are they so I can read them because never in my life have I ever heard someone draw a loving distinction between The Colonies and The Civilised World in terms of whether there was another world because I just loving assumed that when you talk about deities and forces which control and order nature and they sometimes manifest in people or animals but not all the time that could maybe possibly suggest a level of paranormality but never mind, clearly your understanding would trump mine.

By which I mean lmao post what the gently caress book you read to lead you to think that 'precivilised' cultures believed gods walked on earth and therefore nowhere else, just as no Greek or roman gods ever descended from the heavens, or how celestial bodies meant nothing except in Europe so aboriginal dreamings and carvings of constellations are just doodles or whatever the gently caress is going on

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Personally, I think god's not real, but also that it's cool for other people to think it is.

One variable too many imo.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Phew for a minute there I lost myself.

May I drag your attention away for a wee moment to contemplate a bad argument for data retention?

Crikey posted:

Don't listen to Bernard Keane: in defence of data retention

Alastair MacGibbon, Director of the Centre for Internet Safety at the University of Canberra

By now, the chorus of indignation in response to the government's proposed rules around the collection of metadata is well established. But is this reaction warranted? On balance, it is not. While we must always be vigilant about our personal freedoms and potential government encroachment, this latest episode of Big Brother hand-wringing has been overblown and heedless of some basic realities of the digital lives most of us live.

The fact is that metadata is everywhere. We shed it like digital dander containing our personal DNA as we go online, use our smartphones, and send and receive emails. Every digital step we take -- and for most people that is countless steps every day -- creates it.

This digital dander is hoovered up by telecommunications companies, internet service providers and large offshore multinationals. After the multinationals ship it offshore, unidentified, unregulated marketers and engineers use it in unfettered ways for who-knows-what purposes (usually to market goods to us). There is no audit trail, no accountability and absolutely no oversight by any government.

For the most part, this hoovering gets only minimal attention. There was some press when it became publicly known that Apple iPhones were tracking every step users made and a bit more muted commentary when Google changed its privacy policy to allow the tech giant to aggregate data across its 40+ “free” services. An Android smartphone user who accesses Gmail has his data cross-referenced with Google maps, Google searches and so on and so forth. The creation of an ever more detailed data file on each individual user -- arguably the most comprehensive data set held by a private company about private citizens in history -- elicited scarcely a whimper from civil liberties groups.

Still, it can be argued that there is a difference between a private company taking your data and a government doing so, as the government has the power to charge, compel and prosecute. Fair enough. In the current case, is the government justified in wanting this data? The answer hinges on law enforcement. Just as our lives have moved online, so has crime and a range of illegal activity. Solving many serious and heinous crimes now revolve around digital evidence, often located based on the patchwork quilt of metadata.

It is the sheer breadth and audacity of the private sector's collection of data that should give us pause before we rush to the barricades in protest of the federal government's far more modest proposal. According to what we've learned, the federal government plans to compel Australian telecommunications companies and ISPs to retain a small subset of metadata for a period of two years so that police agencies and ASIO, if the need arises, can apply for those records in order to investigate serious criminal offences and attacks on Australian society.

But what is this metadata? Is it the sort of personal material gobbled up by private sector players? Hardly. Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull has given the most clarity to this debate we’ve seen in the past four years from either side of government (remember, it was Labor that first proposed this, so it’s bi-partisan): the government is seeking phone call records be retained (telcos generate these for billing purposes anyway), as well as our dynamically allocated IP numbers when we go online. These numbers are assigned to us each time to use the internet and are required to track back to a user at the time. On any day several people may be allocated the same number, so it is critical, to protect the rights of innocent people, that the right subscriber is tied to a possible offence. It is, in essence, a living white pages phone book, retained for two years, in case a piece of our technology is implicated in a crime. Just to emphasise the point: metadata need not be only incriminatory, it can be exculpatory as well, meaning that having a system in place that can properly collect and assess this data serves all our interests.

That said, we must ensure that the system won't be abused. First, the number of agencies who can access this type of data must drop. Second, the offences for which this kind of data can be sought needs to be narrow. And lastly, while the government has good grounds for demanding the retention of such information for two years, it should also mandate its destruction at that time unless there is a genuinely sound reason for keeping it.

The future is likely to produce a lot more digital dander, and only considered and prudent planning will make that future one in which the right to privacy and the public good are balanced.

I don't know the history of this guy's utterances so it may well be that he's for/against private companies metadata collection although it doesn't look like he does from this article. But here's his argument boiled-down and why it's bad:

1. Private companies hoover up so much more data than governments!. Probably. But I notice your argument avoids dealing with the cost of compliance for ISPs, that's odd. Perhaps the nice government will give them something to hold the teeny tiny data in?

2. If private companies do it, then it's ok for governments too. Hold on there - in most cases, if we read the EULA, it's part of the deal to agree to such collection by private companies. Let's look at the deal from government: metadata saves us from terrorism. Sorry, when? It's a vague claim: I've still not seen any detail on the claimed 4 times that they stopped a terrorist attack in Australia, much less how, much much less that metadata had any influence.

3. Private companies are more intrusive than governments! Quite possibly. But this is rendered completely silly when you discover that whenever governments ask for it, those same private companies are only too happy to hand that data over! So why does government need more, exactly?

4. The government just wants to retain data a bit longer. This is the party line, but that's not exactly what the ASIO/AFP heads actually mean. They mean that they don't want to ask for a warrant every time they want data AND they want the data retained AND they want it retained for a lot longer than 2 years.

Notice how all the caveats about privacy are squashed into a smaller paragraph after the massive one about how silly we are to deny government when we just throw our metadata around for the use of the private sector. Not a very good argument at all.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

So, essentially, because tradition? The only problem I have with this arises when the unscrupulous sieze upon the word god to trick good people. See: evangelists quoting Einstein "god does not play dice", then raking in money hand over first from the dimwitted.

It's not tradition, it's language. Einstein didn't say 'the first uncaused cause doesnt play dice', and if he did it would have been interesting but not particularly catchy. It's not actually the fault of people who are kind and thoughtful and intelligent and wise if their thoughts and words are co-opted by monsters.

Another reason why this whole thing is loving pissing me off. One of my best mates is a uniting church minister and he's been arrested twice for doing sit ins with other religious leaders for freeing children from detention, once from morrisons office and once from abbotts. They're being exactly what Christian leaders should be and they are actively leveraging their position as clergy deliberately to effect change, and when they're not protesting they're running food drives and activities for people in community detention. They're not doing it just because they're Christian, they're doing it because they're thoughtful and kind, but even if they were doing it because a book told them to they're doing a fuckload more good than a fuckload of you arseholes itt.

E: Like, talk all the poo poo you want but loving back it up by actually loving doing something jesus christ

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 13, 2014

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
With your assertion that atheism is a religious position you are ignoring the fact that many people use atheism as a stand-in for agnosticism to mean the lack of assertion of any theory, and if you're going to claim that asserting no belief one way or the other is a religious position then you're just plain dumb.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
= So anarchism is a kind of capitalism, right? Because it opposes it? This argument never seems to crop up anywhere else but here, on religion. Can you apply the same logic to things like racism? Well, you see, anti-racism is a kind of racism, because -. No, that poo poo doesn't fly. Rejection is not a kind of acceptance, blue is not a kind of red, etc.
= pre-neolithic, and before a class system. Did you even read my reply? Do you understand the point I'm trying to make?
= gently caress off. If you're going to be that disingenuous, then this discussion cannot continue. You can read what I mean in Understanding Early Civilizations by trigger, but if you're just going to Make poo poo Up because you don't have a leg to stand on, then there's nothing I can do about it. Like, it's fine to ask for sources, but a discussion needs good will on both sides to occur.

rudatron fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 13, 2014

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Laserface posted:

I have been told on a few occasions that China is stupidly racist also, especially towards Indians.

It depends, Mainland Chinese look down on pretty much every other Asian background. Apparently if you're from Hong Kong, you just say "I'm from China" and never acknowledge you're from Hong Kong, there's some kind of stigma attached apparently. I have no idea beyond the basic poo poo I got told, but it's a mess from what I can make out.

In Asian countries, you'll find a lot of servants and labourers are either of Indian, Filipino and Indonesian backgrounds, so there's a certain stigma attached due to that. Not that I think people should look down on anyone due to background or their trade/work, but yeah, Asia has some weird ideas about social status that aren't even close to Left Western views.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

hey fruity dont respond to this post it has way too many tangents and we'll end up arguing about the meaning of theism vs theistic or something stupid read down some more

Fruity Gordo posted:

But like yeah, I have to respond to soag and TOML because this poo poo really pisses me off. Do we seriously have to go through some bullshit Ditchkins poo poo again about how religion is regressive and atheism is the light and agnosticism is cowardice or can we just go back to our perennial consensus that religious belief is an inherent part of all humans and necessarily concern the divine or a lack thereof or ambivalence?

that was a kind of half-assed troll, i really dont care if people believe in religion or not and i get that its "faith" and science doesnt explain it away fro everyone etc etc

i personally dont belive in anything and i can't imagine how anyone can make the leap from "where did i come from" to "it was this specific god and his specific teachings" and sincerely belive that i'll never fundamentally see eye-to-eye with someone who is really truly religious in the sense of an adherent to a defined faith because they seem to have such a different way of approaching fundamental questions of existence

but that post was shitposting and i am very very live-and-let-live about it and don't really care one way or the other if people are religious

quote:

Because arguing about how anti-homophobic Muslims are essentially apostates according to your assumptions and prejudices against Islam is loving stupid, and so is talking about how there's no point in being a follower of an explicitly progressive iteration of an ancient religion because... what? Give a reason.

i didn't say that and i dont think toml said that either, what we were saying is there's a very strong correlation between faith (of almost any kind) and socially regressive views,not that it's loving stupid or apostasy to be pro-gay, please dont straw man

sorry if i did imply that somewhere in my posting, it was like six hours ago and i cant even remember what i posted thirty seconds ago, and it's not what i believe

quote:

Science? Science and religion are separate, that is the entire point of the scientific method, to break from the authority of the church to allow for reasonable inquiry in both philosophical directions because they clearly diverge. One is based on empirical analysis, one is based in belief systems. Atheism is a belief system.

i dont think toml and i ever expressed rigidly pro-atheist views. my personal faith is "who the gently caress knows, if i pick one religion out of 700 i'll probably gently caress it up and choose the wrong one" - ie in the absence of any compelling evidence one way or the other im going to shrug my shoulders and not think about it too much

quote:

How many loving times do secular scientists have to say that they are not concerned with god or faith in the work they do about the beginnings of the universe? They are not saying it for the benefit of the fundamentally religious. They are saying shut the gently caress up to the smug atheists who jump on any discovery of the universe to say 'lol where's your god'. God is still everywhere, dipshits. God is in everything because I can't explain how anything exists without it, nor can science, and nor can you. You might not see god in anything but everything I see has something to do with something incredible by virtue of the simple fact that it exists. And existence is marvellous and complex and hosed up and worth it and something caused it all to happen and I call that god.

see above noones being all raar rarr god is dead gently caress your god and salt the earth (well i was, but that was half tongue in cheek). I guess what i was more getting at was i don't understand why anyone would choose a formal religion in an era when alot of the truth-claims made by organised religions has been shown to be false and belief essentially boils down to "there is a force somewhere that is behind everything i see, experience, and do"

plumpy hole lever fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Aug 13, 2014

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Gough Suppressant posted:

With your assertion that atheism is a religious position you are ignoring the fact that many people use atheism as a stand-in for agnosticism to mean the lack of assertion of any theory, and if you're going to claim that asserting no belief one way or the other is a religious position then you're just plain dumb.

This is it. The dumbest post. Right here.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
God is dead and I personally murdered it.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
frutity you can ignore my rambling and incoherent post above

Essentially, what I was getting at was I don't understand why anyone would choose to convert to a faith, or try to 'reform' a faith that they in some way disagreed with, in an age where competing religions with competing truth claims are all around us.

I get the need to believe in the existence of something. I don't understand why that something should be the religion formally known as Judaism, and all the tenets that go along with it. So you believe that something created you, but it doesn't follow that the something doesn't want you to eat pig meat. Why not invent your own personal faith?

But i'm not religious so i feel like we're essentially talking two different languages because religion isn't about logic, and A following from B, it's about what you feel i guess?

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
also dont loving strawman noones doing a ditchkins

i got banned
Sep 24, 2010

lol abbottwon
Is religious chat over? This is worse than loving helmet chat.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

i got banned posted:

Are Sikhs allowed to not wear helmets because of their turbans????

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
oh yeah sure lets go back to talking aobut OMG I HATE TEH LIBES

OMG JOE HOCKEY DID A THING

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
gas thread

ban everyone

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

I wonder why nobody buys newspapers anymore

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!

Scylo posted:

I wonder why nobody buys newspapers anymore

Next week: EXCLUSIVE, How a secret society of boat people are influencing parliament from their taxpayer funded 5 star accommodation and lobbying to increase the carbon tax to fund building of mosques

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Hey Fruity, I'm sorry that I pissed you off with my post, I should probably have been a bit more thoughtful in handling an issue like this. Honestly I just thought Soag's post was a funny shitpost way of expressing an idea that I pretty much agree with. You're a cool poster and I don't like having pissed you off, so I'm sorry about that.

It seems to me like a well thought out reply from me wouldn't exactly help your Thursday get off to a great start, so if you want I am happy to pretty much just leave it there (and clearly there's lots of people in here who'd rather ReligionChat end as soon as possible). Rudatron and Soag have said a bunch of the stuff that I would have said anyway. But if you do actually want a response from me, let me know and I'll type something out when I get time this morning.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

adamantium|wang posted:

gas thread

ban everyone

I can't think of any good reason an Australian would post in this thread. Anyone who posts here could be radicalised, and when they return to GBS they might poo poo post. We should suspend the posting privileges of any Australian who posts in this thread.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

http://www.northernstar.com.au/news/fire-destroys-links-to-past/2351182/

quote:

Fire destroys links to Nimbin's hippie past

A HUGE part of Nimbin's history and many iconic artworks were lost forever when the village's much-loved museum went up in flames yesterday morning.

The museum was a tribute to Nimbin's colourful history, and told stories of Aboriginal culture, white settlement, the hippie beginnings, and the Aquarius Festival.

It was home to irreplaceable items, including the yellow Kombi which former Prime Minister Bob Hawke's daughter, Rosslyn, lived in while she was in Nimbin.

After visiting Nimbin numerous times in the 1970s, Michael Balderstone moved to the village in 1985, and opened the Nimbin Museum as a second-hand shop in the front room of the building.

"I first rented the front room for $35 a week, while people still lived in rooms in the rear of the building," he said.

"I kept renting more rooms and filling them with second-hand stuff until I was renting out the whole building."

Mr Balderstone said the Nimbin Museum was officially opened on Boxing Day, 1992.

Leaseholder Elspeth Jones said she got a phone call about the fire at 4am.

"We drove straight here, but 10km out I could see the glow in the sky and I knew it was bad," she said.

"It was an inferno. It's just old wood, but it's also Nimbin's history.

"I've been coming to this museum every day for 22 years.

"It has been in my constant care. I am in shock."

Mr Balderstone, who has spent the past 30 years working and building the Nimbin Museum, said the fire was a "kick in the guts" for Nimbin, but could have been much worse.

He said Nimbin's fire crew had gotten to the scene quickly and had been working to stop it leaping across the narrow gap to the neighbouring Nimbin Lifestyle Real Estate when instead it leapt the laneway between the cafe and the museum.

For Mr Balderstone, the loss of the museum means the destruction of a work that has dominated the last three decades of his life.

Mr Balderstone said Nimbin was a resilient community and would rebuild, but the museum was gone forever.

Nimbin Museum of blaze it goes up in flames, a fitting end.
All of town is 'major bummed'

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Neville Wran's daughter has been charged with murder.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Robodog posted:

Are Sikhs allowed to not wear helmets because of their turbans????

Yes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i got banned posted:

I thought it was a good read but it made me scared because I agreed with a stack of stuff Jonah said.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also can everyone please stop having tantrums about replying to IWC. If you don't like the conversation don't loving read it. If you don't like IWC just loving ignore him. Stop trying to police discussion in a thread in the debate and discussion forum you fascists.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I don't mind some religionchat once in a while. I thought it was pretty interesting to hear more about that Fruity, since I actually share some of Soag's attitude of just not getting why someone would actively formally convert to another religion. The closest I ever came to that was when I started getting into Paganism instead of Christianity as my last-ditch effort to have some kind of religion, but even that didn't take.

But it's strange, I think I've still internalized a lot of things from Christianity, bits and pieces I liked like Jesus saying to help the poor and the outcasts and all that, just... not the actually technically believing any of it part.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Looks like Joe Hockey has decided the best defence is a KFC double down

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...0814-3dnro.html

quote:

Just pointing out the facts: Joe Hockey stands by comments on poor people and cars

Treasurer Joe Hockey says he is "sorry" if his comments that increasing the petrol tax will not hurt the poor as much sound callous, but stresses that he is just pointing out the facts.

Mr Hockey on Thursday continued to defend his comments that because poor people did not own cars or drive as far they would be not be as hard hit by a rise in the fuel excise, blitzing radio stations on the east coast from Perth, where he met Palmer United Senator Dio Wang for budget negotiations.

Mr Hockey, speaking on Sydney Fairfax Radio 2UE, said his comments were backed by the facts.

"The fact of the matter is that I can only get the facts out there and explain the facts, how people interpret them is up to them," he said.

Mr Hockey was asked if he realised if his comments sounded callous.

"I'm sorry if that's the case but the fact is that the Labor party says that it's an unjust initiative, unfair initiative, higher income people aren't paying enough, well here is an initiative where higher income people pay on average three times the amount of lower income households in the fuel excise," he said.

He has also hit back at Labor's depictions of him as an out of touch ''cigar-chomping Foghorn Leghorn of Australian politics'', saying he has no regrets about being pictured smoking cigars during budget preparations and had smoked them since he was 16.

He said he didn't care about "personality politics" because "you've got to be who you are".

"Everyone keeps talking about how politicians are sometimes phoney, I mean I am what I am," he said.

Mr Hockey said "I'm doing my best for the country" and noted the "conga line of criticism" but cautioned that was "self-deprecating humour" and added "unless someone wants to interpret that as well".

But some government MPs are unimpressed by Mr Hockey's remarks.

Senator Ian Macdonald told ABC Radio on Thursday that "you have to have a car whether you're rich or poor . . . regional Australia don't have the alternative of public transport".

NSW Nationals senator John Williams said people in the bush needed cars.

''You have to have a car whether you're rich or poor, you need a vehicle to be able to get from one place to the other,'' he told ABC Radio on Thursday.

''Regional Australians don't have the alternative of public transport of other means of getting there.''

Consumer group One Big Switch argued poor people spend a higher proportion of their income on fuel and live further away, meaning they're hit twice.

A major survey in June showed the biggest average fuel bill in Sydney was in the south-western suburbs, while those in Melbourne's north-east and north-west paid the most for petrol on average.

Also to prove he isn't out of touch he admits to smoking cigars since he was 16.

This is a thing that has literally happened.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Gosh, sorry hambeet

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Holy poo poo.

Cigar-chomping Foghorn Leghorn of Australian politics.

I'm still loving laughing.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Maybe Labor isn't all bad...

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Captain Pissweak posted:

They would have focus grouped that insult

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Captain Pissweak posted:

Holy poo poo.

Cigar-chomping Foghorn Leghorn of Australian politics.

I'm still loving laughing.

I really hope Pope draws this.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

Captain Pissweak posted:

Labors charismatic leaders have always had great insults and imaginative wit. Maybe Bill has been chatting with some of them.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gentleman Baller posted:

Labors charismatic leaders have always had great insults and imaginative wit. Maybe Bill has been chatting with some of them.

I think he (or a staffer) has just had some time to prepare the speech. I haven't seen anything exciting from him yet off the cuff, but I don't watch question time so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
It's no country member but given the current state of things I'll take what I can get.

• Locked thread