Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Pathos posted:

You know, I'm kinda glad I backed this Kickstarter originally - it made me seriously reevaluate the wisdom of backing poo poo just based on old memories. On the negative side, it's caused a lot of shame - a whole lot of shame.

On the positive side, everything from KS failure onwards has been absolutely loving worth it. I keep waiting for updates to this thread - it just keeps on giving in ways I can never predict. Just amazing.

At least you got your money back.
I wonder what Brad will do when the money dries up and the project comes to a complete screeching halt.
Something tells me there's alway's going to be a handful of idiots just waiting to throw money at this trainwreck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

iminers posted:

Something tells me there's alway's going to be a handful of idiots just waiting to throw money at this trainwreck.

Sure, just have a look at the MMORPG.com thread. Brad is very good at appealing to peoples'idiots' desires and that is an excellent way to make easy money.

Zvim
Sep 18, 2009
They are either haven't updated the donation meter or they haven't got anything in months.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Nauta posted:

Sure, just have a look at the MMORPG.com thread. Brad is very good at appealing to peoples'idiots' desires and that is an excellent way to make easy money.

I was reading the Pantheon forum on MMORPG.com before i went to work today.
It's funny after how Brad has proven time and time again he's basically a con man, people still hold a torch for him.

I just don't get it.

But it's funny.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

People are just nostalgic for their favorite gaming experience. I feel the same way about Raph Koster (who is not a degenerate like BM, but who also hasn't made a good game in more than a decade). The problem is that even if they were able to recreate the game, the experience will be different now. We are older, most of us are wiser, and our lives are different. There is no going back.

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master
I loved EverQuest but hated Brad and his "you're in my world" bs. I always bitch about how every mmo is not like EQ so maybe he can produce something new EQ like, I can only hope. Brad and Derek Smart share a bed in my book though.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Sounds like a sexy book.

I've been recommending everyone I know check out the Pantheon story up to this point, it's just too humorous. "No one in MMO development cares about writing anymore." "McQuaid cares! Check out Pantheon, Rise of the Fallen!"

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
My only regret is that we ran McQuaid out too quickly. I would of loved to see him posting during this spiral into madness and despair.

Justaddwater
Jul 4, 2006

Since the Vanguard thread is archived, I'll just mention it here.

Vanguard is shutting down in about 6 days if anyone wants to log in one last time. At least to the official server.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Justaddwater posted:

Since the Vanguard thread is archived, I'll just mention it here.

Vanguard is shutting down in about 6 days if anyone wants to log in one last time. At least to the official server.

RIP Vanguard, I could never make it past your diplomacy tut

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Wow the population must have really gone into the toilet if they're shuttering it despite having already sunk the money into the F2P conversion.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Chum Scandal posted:

Wow the population must have really gone into the toilet if they're shuttering it despite having already sunk the money into the F2P conversion.

John Smedley mentioned during a big Reddit Q&A thread that Vanguard has literally never made Sony money. It's been running at a loss for its entire life. It's stunning it wasn't shuttered years ago, even at the cost of a loss of face.

And meanwhile nobody on SA even cared enough to keep the Vanguard thread alive long enough to last to the shutdown date. Says volumes, I think.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
:siren: This thread hasn't been bumped for a while which I think is a crime against comedy. AND AMAZING GAMES :siren:

So what's new with Pantheon? Well hold on a second, I can find someth

We have a map!!! It's too huge and awesome to post in this thread so I have to timg it.

Some of you may ask "Why is there so much water?" Well, we have an answer for that from Mr. McQuaid himself! The reason there is so much water is because 1) there are underwater areas! and 2) there is a playable race, the Merfolk!

Once the map is finalized they said they'll have an actual artist draw it. Maybe they can get Keith Parkinson, but he is dead :(. Hold onto your butts, there is more to come!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I like the purple part in the middle that looks like someone threw up grape soda on it

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Node posted:

:siren: This thread hasn't been bumped for a while which I think is a crime against comedy. AND AMAZING GAMES :siren:

So what's new with Pantheon? Well hold on a second, I can find someth

We have a map!!! It's too huge and awesome to post in this thread so I have to timg it.

Some of you may ask "Why is there so much water?" Well, we have an answer for that from Mr. McQuaid himself! The reason there is so much water is because 1) there are underwater areas! and 2) there is a playable race, the Merfolk!

Once the map is finalized they said they'll have an actual artist draw it. Maybe they can get Keith Parkinson, but he is dead :(. Hold onto your butts, there is more to come!

i'm the overworld map designed by mrs. johnson's kindergarten class

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

Node posted:

My concern was less the amount of water and more the amount of islands. Someone seems to have a hard on for bays as well. And mountains.

How do Merfolk work? Do they never get to do any land-based content?

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

bUm posted:

How do Merfolk work? Do they never get to do any land-based content?

I suspect they'll get to enjoy exactly as much content in this game as anyone else does.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
That "Scale in Miles" should not be taken lightly when it comes to McQuaid.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

The vanguard private server project is already more progressed than this.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

megalodong posted:

The vanguard private server project is already more progressed than this.

wait, thats actually happening? cool. it can't be in any worse hands than it was, at least

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Chum Scandal posted:

i'm the overworld map designed by mrs. johnson's kindergarten class

Pretty much this.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

It looks like one of those sticker sets little girls get, just a bunch of mountains instead of sparkly cat heads or w/e

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Node posted:

I like the purple part in the middle that looks like someone threw up grape soda on it

Mandatory purple kool-aid corruption patch. It would probably involve some sort of underground cavern system with an evil god underneath it.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Will there ever be an MMO that doesn't have a corruption area.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
Metzen's put his brand on this industry across all levels of competence. Not even Mcquaid, with all the resources of his immense faculties he's brought to bear in his ambitious title Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, is immune to the siren song of ~corruption~

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

someone pooped all over the southern continents.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

Nakar posted:

Will there ever be an MMO that doesn't have a corruption area.

Will there ever be a michael bay movie without explosions.

Can ~the vision~ get corrupted?

Meow Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 13, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

biznatchio posted:

I suspect they'll get to enjoy exactly as much content in this game as anyone else does.

:golfclap:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Meow Tse-tung posted:

Will there ever be a michael bay movie without explosions.

Can ~the vision~ get corrupted?

The corruption...was inside The Vision the whole time!!!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The corruption in this mmo was tasking a 4 month advance on his pay

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?

Adventure Pigeon posted:

someone pooped all over the southern continents.

I don't know. Where's Jeff Goldblum when you need him?

When did this last budge?

G Prestige fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Aug 17, 2014

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

G Prestige posted:

I don't know. Where's Jeff Goldblum when you need him?

When did this last budge?

they said there were plans on making that update in real time

but i think that was scrapped when they were getting so few donations that it saves more time to update the image manually than to make a script to update it automatically

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Trying to understand the geology necessary to form these islands and mountains hurts.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

randombattle posted:

Trying to understand the geology necessary to form these islands and mountains hurts.

a wizard did it

actually that excuse works. sorry. brad mcquizzle 1, you 0

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure that's the map from super nintendo mario. Where the gently caress is yoshi?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Pretty sure that's the map from super nintendo mario. Where the gently caress is yoshi?

There isn't a prefab for him on the unity store unfortunately

Pyros
Mar 24, 2003

The Leper Messiah
Finally, a game that caters towards my desire of having 20 mile long camels roaming the overworld.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

Pyros posted:

Finally, a game that caters towards my desire of having 20 mile long camels roaming the overworld.

Raid bosses

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Byolante posted:

There isn't a prefab for him on the unity store unfortunately

Speaking of Unity, here's a facebook update

Brad McQuaid posted:

Hey all, we're looking for an experienced Unity programmer/user volunteer who doesn't mind helping out noobs. We are overwhelming our lead programmer right now. Please email sparkling@pantheonrotf.com if you are interested at all. Thanks! :)

Surely some kind soul has some spare time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

Apprentice experienced Unity programmer/user

• Locked thread