Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Registered Loser
Dec 29, 2006

PoopSok posted:

Looks awesome! What year is it, and how did you come across it? Always good to hear of wayward 2 strokes finding a good home.

It's a '2000' model. Found it on a local craigslist ad, felt like a dirtbike project and I got one. I wish I had done this sooner, street riding doesn't compare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoopSok
Jun 5, 2005

Just lemme eatcha, one time
Ay yi yiiii

Registered Loser posted:

It's a '2000' model. Found it on a local craigslist ad, felt like a dirtbike project and I got one. I wish I had done this sooner, street riding doesn't compare.

Hell yes it doesn't. Although I just got some TKC 80's on my Versys and having a "dual SportBike" is pretty wicked. Going to look at/probably buy this tomorrow http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/mcy/4601443623.html

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Buy it. you won't be disappointed.

Cant wait to get my 250 back together. :3:

Ordering a WR trans for it this week.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
Overshot the landing on a pretty big jump this weekend. I bottomed out hard and sprained an ankle. I suppose that's a sign I should turn up the compression damping a bit (sag is set correctly).

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Zool posted:

Overshot the landing on a pretty big jump this weekend. I bottomed out hard and sprained an ankle. I suppose that's a sign I should turn up the compression damping a bit (sag is set correctly).

Yah definitely a bike setup problem.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Try increasing the high speed compression? I saw it happen, landing flat on a 60 ft triple is never going to feel good, but you took an especially hard hit.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

There is no amount of compression setting in the universe that will keep you from casing your bike if you land flat. You could go to heavier springs but that will present more problems if you aren't ready for them.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Handcranked posted:

Looks like i did my last ride in a while yesterday, me and a friend was out on the local enduro-trail, and he went first, he crasched in a rocky drop-down and i hit his bike and did an awesome stoppie flat out in second gear.
He was a bit bruised up but otherwise ok, i cracked two ribs (the same as last year), and tore the meniscus(sp?) in my right knee.
Well, atleast i can catch up on some bf4 i guess, and sorry if my spelling is hosed, but i feel a bit drowsy because of the painkillers

Just curious, but were you wearing a chest protector (what kind) and knee pads?

I often don't wear mine because I feel more free and faster.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

n8r posted:

There is no amount of compression setting in the universe that will keep you from casing your bike if you land flat. You could go to heavier springs but that will present more problems if you aren't ready for them.

Bottoming out was inevitable, bottoming out hard enough to cause injury might have been preventable with a different set-up. I wasn't the only person to overshoot it, but I was the only casualty. Maybe I'm just getting old though.

Handcranked
Aug 17, 2013

Ramsus posted:

Just curious, but were you wearing a chest protector (what kind) and knee pads?

I often don't wear mine because I feel more free and faster.

Last time i broke my ribs i had a leatt 3df airfit jacket, and i got hit by the bike when i crashed, it probably saved my back, so breaking a few ribs are a cheap price to pay, this time i was not wearing any protection for elbows, chest, shoulders, only a leatt backprotector, just because it was gonna be a slow trail ride, and it feels alot more comfortable, dont know if a chestprotector would have saved my ribs this time.
I always wear kneepeads though, i have no idea how i injured my knee, the pads are fine, i might have twisted the knee or overextended it, the pads were leatt too, the dual axis i think they are called.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I got a dirt wheel set for my 434 DRZ and spent a week and a half in Sturgis for work during the rally. Rode 500 miles of trails in Spearfish canyon and the black hills. I'm spoiled for life.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

VTNewb posted:

Do it! Cut a video!

I ended up skipping the race to do motocross practice near Mt St Helens that day. I have lots of cool footage but I'm being slow about editing it.

Last Sunday Zool, two friends and I raced at the local track. We were in three separate classes, so I took some photos:

Zool made a pretty sweet pass:

After this sequence they both over jumped the triple.

The vet guys are fast:

I was happy with my start for the 2nd moto, but being a noob in "open misc", I got passed immediately.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-N2EbiO_GU
I had fun, but my lack of fitness is holding me back. I've been doing cardio for a few weeks now, I want to try the local arenacross series this winter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BInuDvtp470

GI Joe jobs fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 13, 2014

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Gullous posted:

I was happy with my start for the 2nd moto, but being a noob in "open misc", I got passed immediately.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-N2EbiO_GU

Good job in the video - at least the first few minutes I watched. Your riding looks safe if nothing else in this video. Last one you posted you looked like you'd die at any moment.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Man if you have the balls to triple a few of those jumps it looks like you'd be in real good shape during a race. The berms look so small though, must be scary landing that fast into a flat turn basically.

E: Holy poo poo hahaha that kid almost gets loving wrecked around 1:07ish in the arenacross vid. My seat cover would probably be tucked nicely into my rear end in a top hat after a pucker moment like that.

E2: gently caress, then I got to 1:30. This is awesome.

Baller Witness Bro fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 13, 2014

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Doing a free "dirt school" today in Anza, CA. This should be awesome.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Holy poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PstLLVHDD8c&t=139s

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

So a couple weekends ago I went to my first race in a good long time. Still not fully healed; maybe I never will be, but whatever.

Signed up for Sportsman, passed about 60 people and ended up right in the middle. Last weekend I signed up for the 250 class like I used too, got passed by about 60 people and ended up right in the middle, up until a pinch flat.

Anyway, for the most part my knee can handle racing, but I sit a lot more. Gonna try and get back into it fo'real now - even if I can't be competitive.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
So, that dirt course was amazing. Think BRC, but on dirt and actually fun. Plus a ~30 minute trail ride at the end.

Loaner bikes ranged from 150s to 250s, with most being Yamaha and Honda 230s. So, not the greatest bikes but still. Perfect for training.

I would consider that a more needed course than a BRC, honestly.

PoopSok
Jun 5, 2005

Ay yi yiiii

cursedshitbox posted:

Buy it. you won't be disappointed.

Cant wait to get my 250 back together. :3:

Ordering a WR trans for it this week.

I got it! It's everything I hoped it would be, holy poo poo is this what real suspension is like? Heard good things about that transmission swap, let us know how that goes. Already put in a big order for everything I need to get it ready for the trail:

- Moose skid plate
- FMF Turbine Core II Q (stealthy spark arrestor)
- Michelin Starcross MH3's (to replace the stock tires!)
- 15 tooth front sprocket (1 tooth up)
- New fork seals and a Seal Dr.
- New grips and donuts

Considering a Rekluse at some point in the future, we'll see though. I really like it just as it is, maybe a flywheel weight just to keep the wheelspin down a bit. Tires are shot, so fresh rubber will help

Here's a video of the break-in run at Capitol Forest, make sure to wait for the bonus round after 5 minutes :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWQK0UwcRbk

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
^ Nice video, Poopsok! I've been to Capitol Forest once and liked it a lot.

VTNewb posted:

So a couple weekends ago I went to my first race in a good long time. Still not fully healed; maybe I never will be, but whatever.

Signed up for Sportsman, passed about 60 people and ended up right in the middle. Last weekend I signed up for the 250 class like I used too, got passed by about 60 people and ended up right in the middle, up until a pinch flat.

Anyway, for the most part my knee can handle racing, but I sit a lot more. Gonna try and get back into it fo'real now - even if I can't be competitive.

I'm sure you'll get back up to speed with enough PT, but recovery sure is slow. Having fun in the mean time is what counts!

GI Joe jobs fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 14, 2014

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

PoopSok posted:

I got it! It's everything I hoped it would be, holy poo poo is this what real suspension is like? Heard good things about that transmission swap, let us know how that goes.

I missed out on it by a day, looks like it sold.

There is a WR250F trans, but I'm not entirely sure if it'll bolt into the yz250s cases.

If anything I'll put it back together and put a trans in next time I have to split cases.

Now to find dirt wheels for the motard and have rubber for all terrains.

PoopSok
Jun 5, 2005

Ay yi yiiii

Gullous posted:

^ Nice video, Poopsok! I've been to Capitol Forest once and liked it a lot.

Thanks buddy! Are you and Zool doing any trail rides or track days soon? I axe, because my new buddy has the just got it's included graphics kit installed, and it is ready to go:

Also I have no idea why the guy did that with the brake lever.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

PoopSok posted:

Thanks buddy! Are you and Zool doing any trail rides or track days soon? I axe, because my new buddy has the just got it's included graphics kit installed, and it is ready to go:

Also I have no idea why the guy did that with the brake lever.

Sweet! I plan on riding a practice day at Burnt Ridge on Sunday. $25, 9am-4pm, just south of Centralia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe1YCj1xLcI

I believe Zool is still recovering from his big jump, but I'm trying to talk another friend into joining. He's currently set on riding a 8 hour endurance race solo at Straddleline on Saturday.

Let me know if you want to meet up or carpool.

PoopSok
Jun 5, 2005

Ay yi yiiii

Gullous posted:

Sweet! I plan on riding a practice day at Burnt Ridge on Sunday. $25, 9am-4pm, just south of Centralia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe1YCj1xLcI

I believe Zool is still recovering from his big jump, but I'm trying to talk another friend into joining. He's currently set on riding a 8 hour endurance race solo at Straddleline on Saturday.

Let me know if you want to meet up or carpool.

Oh man that track looks awesome, would be a great spot to try the moto capabilities of the YZ. My brother is down in Washougal this weekend for the hare scramble happening on Sunday, it's just such a long drive and I have a lot of poo poo to take care of this weekend.

Send me a text, and I'll let you know. If not tomorrow then maybe sometime next weekend: 206.992.5870

Trying to get the front sprocket nut off right now, it's rusted on and I need a gorilla strength breaker bar, so we'll see how that goes

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--
So now that the XR is running again I need to replace the clutch perch and lever. Is works connection the go-to? I was recommended a mega crazy sunline perch with lever by a motocross kid (in just shy of 200 bucks), but it's only double breakaway, not adjustable... I like adjustable, but it's not as important as on my sport bike though if I'm spending that much...

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

XYLOPAGUS posted:

So now that the XR is running again I need to replace the clutch perch and lever. Is works connection the go-to? I was recommended a mega crazy sunline perch with lever by a motocross kid (in just shy of 200 bucks), but it's only double breakaway, not adjustable... I like adjustable, but it's not as important as on my sport bike though if I'm spending that much...

Good to hear it's running. The online retailers have decent make-model part searches, so you can see many options, sometimes with reviews. I'm partial to rockymountainatv, but motorcyclesuperstore and denniskirk are comparable.

GI Joe jobs fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 30, 2014

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Hi homies I bought a thing:

It's an '06 CRF100, it's super clean and runs well I'm happy! The plan is to get it set up for my weight (I am fat-- 6'1" 220 lbs) and then take it for some trail rides and then convert it to a "sumo" for some go kart track days (they have an XR100 stock racing class).

Just out of curiosity, do dirt bikes typically have almost no travel in the rear brake lever? The brake works, but it's almost like a binary switch because of how little motion the lever has-- it's either on or off. Either that or my foot just isn't sensitive enough yet. I'm spoiled by how much travel the DRZ's lever has.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Drum brakes are typically pretty on/off. The position of the lever looks like it's a bit above the peg which isn't how most people set it up. Put the brake lever in line with the foot peg and that should help a little. You can also adjust the actuation of the rear drum so the friction point is a little lower down.

PoopSok
Jun 5, 2005

Ay yi yiiii

Razzled posted:

Hi homies I bought a thing:

It's an '06 CRF100, it's super clean and runs well I'm happy! The plan is to get it set up for my weight (I am fat-- 6'1" 220 lbs) and then take it for some trail rides and then convert it to a "sumo" for some go kart track days (they have an XR100 stock racing class).

Oh man those little bikes are fun. As for setting it up for your weight, do they make springs heavy enough for that?

A buddy of mine is around 200 lbs and trying to set up a kx100, but they only make springs for people up to 140 lbs. Better than nothing, though!

How's everyone's late summer/early fall riding going? Gullous, we need to do another track day. I rode Straddleline last weekend with my brother and it was a horrible mudfest for 2 hours, then it was amazing (I DOUBLED SOMETHING!). Local trails are mudddy slick gnarly though, I really want a steering stabilizer.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

PoopSok posted:

Oh man those little bikes are fun. As for setting it up for your weight, do they make springs heavy enough for that?

A buddy of mine is around 200 lbs and trying to set up a kx100, but they only make springs for people up to 140 lbs. Better than nothing, though!

How's everyone's late summer/early fall riding going? Gullous, we need to do another track day. I rode Straddleline last weekend with my brother and it was a horrible mudfest for 2 hours, then it was amazing (I DOUBLED SOMETHING!). Local trails are mudddy slick gnarly though, I really want a steering stabilizer.

There are fork springs and a rear shock out there made by BBR for adults, but mailbox is aware of that already. XR/CRF100s are fun as poo poo and I love mine.

I just got my 1986 CR250 running today.

Started out last year in May with getting it delivered to my grandparents house ~350 miles away already blown up. A month later I went down, took some poo poo apart, checked it out, and left it there. My grandparents put it under a tarp and it sat all winter, sad and lonely and getting poo poo on with rain and snow.

April or May this year, I was able to pick it up and bring it home, where it sat inside, still sad, but in good company with all the other poo poo piles I own. I sent the top end out to be bored, turns out the sleeve was pretty much at its last bore so I had it re-sleeved. I then purchased a Wiseco top end rebuild kit.

I had to repair pitting/corrosion in the water pump housing because it is made out of magnesium.

The previous owner said it blew up because the corrosion blocked up the radiators causing it to overheat. I ordered new radiators, new hoses, patched the pitting, and got Evans Waterless Coolant.

Finally having all the parts together and, with school for my kids starting today, all the free time I needed, I put it together and hoped for the best.

As it turns out, I did okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CECBX4wgWhA

PoopSok
Jun 5, 2005

Ay yi yiiii

:qq: it's beautiful, nice work! loving awesome old ripper you got there

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Thanks. I fouled a plug a few days ago and no one within 50 miles stocks the br8eg plug required. Some day soon amazon should have replacements here and hopefully that corrects the whole not firing issue. I shut it off and then it would start again the next time i went to ride it. Seems like the plug is oil fouled, black and wet at the time I pulled it. I tried a similarly sized plug, B(something)R9IX but that also gave me nothing.

I am really counting on the right plug to work because I really have no idea what else it could be.

Evil the Cat
Oct 18, 2001

make that shit sound like rock music!
got some new stuff on my bike... cant wait to go ride tomorrow!

edit: that drugdealer lookin suv isnt mine FYI haha

Evil the Cat fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 12, 2014

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Maybe you guys can help me, here is my crosspost from honda 2stroke on thumper talk http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1103800-1986-cr-250-refuses-to-start/

I was so excited to have successfully built my first top end and I put 30 minutes to an hour on it playing nice and easy in the backyard through 3 or 4 "sessions" for lack of a better term.

Then I went to go ride it the other day and it would not start. I kicked and kicked and kicked. Nothing. I pulled the plug (BR8EG) and it looked oil fouled so I tried a similar plug (It was a B(something)R9IX) as well as the plug that came in it a year and a half ago (BR9E(S I think)) and some newly purchased BR8EGs. None of them worked. I pulled the carb again and cleaned it, despite it only having at maximum an hour of riding and a week of time since the last time it was cleaned.

I am running this oil mixed 32:1 (8oz oil in 2 gallons of 91 octane). It has a 178 main jet and a 52 pilot. I noticed it leaking fuel out of/on to the exhaust since I haven't been able to start it. I don't know if that was the case before, because it would start right up nicely and I would ride on it. I pulled the exhaust off and there was a significant amount of black fuel/oil in it. It might have seemed worse than it was though because I was not expecting it and it poured all over my tools/tool box.

I have pulled the plug and checked for spark, it is there. It is obviously getting fuel to the engine, or through it at least.

I plan on buying some starter fluid after work today and testing that tonight.

Could I have severely flooded the engine, so much that it still hasn't resolved itself? I left the plug out of it over night previously and nothing happened any different when i put a new plug in. I did notice last night that if I held the throttle wide open (no choke) when kicking it over, I would see either fuel vapor or smoke coming from exhaust. I am not sure which though. Right after, when I pulled the exhaust, it definitely looking like a puff of smoke rolled out of the top end but then stuff starting pouring every where from the pipe and my attention was diverted.

Could it be the reeds? I think the most troubling part is that the bike ran fine when I parked it in the garage but then hasn't started since.

I am really at a loss of ideas right now. If it was a fouled plug I would have expected it to run fine with a new one installed. It was running fine when it went back into the garage.

Handcranked
Aug 17, 2013

EX250 Type R posted:

Maybe you guys can help me, here is my crosspost from honda 2stroke on thumper talk http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1103800-1986-cr-250-refuses-to-start/

I was so excited to have successfully built my first top end and I put 30 minutes to an hour on it playing nice and easy in the backyard through 3 or 4 "sessions" for lack of a better term.

Then I went to go ride it the other day and it would not start. I kicked and kicked and kicked. Nothing. I pulled the plug (BR8EG) and it looked oil fouled so I tried a similar plug (It was a B(something)R9IX) as well as the plug that came in it a year and a half ago (BR9E(S I think)) and some newly purchased BR8EGs. None of them worked. I pulled the carb again and cleaned it, despite it only having at maximum an hour of riding and a week of time since the last time it was cleaned.

I am running this oil mixed 32:1 (8oz oil in 2 gallons of 91 octane). It has a 178 main jet and a 52 pilot. I noticed it leaking fuel out of/on to the exhaust since I haven't been able to start it. I don't know if that was the case before, because it would start right up nicely and I would ride on it. I pulled the exhaust off and there was a significant amount of black fuel/oil in it. It might have seemed worse than it was though because I was not expecting it and it poured all over my tools/tool box.

I have pulled the plug and checked for spark, it is there. It is obviously getting fuel to the engine, or through it at least.

I plan on buying some starter fluid after work today and testing that tonight.

Could I have severely flooded the engine, so much that it still hasn't resolved itself? I left the plug out of it over night previously and nothing happened any different when i put a new plug in. I did notice last night that if I held the throttle wide open (no choke) when kicking it over, I would see either fuel vapor or smoke coming from exhaust. I am not sure which though. Right after, when I pulled the exhaust, it definitely looking like a puff of smoke rolled out of the top end but then stuff starting pouring every where from the pipe and my attention was diverted.

Could it be the reeds? I think the most troubling part is that the bike ran fine when I parked it in the garage but then hasn't started since.

I am really at a loss of ideas right now. If it was a fouled plug I would have expected it to run fine with a new one installed. It was running fine when it went back into the garage.

It sounds flooded, and flooded two strokes can sometimes be a bitch to get running again, did you try bumpstarting it?

Edit: Well, im back in the saddle again, couldn't resist the urge, even though i got a banged up knee
shameless selfie ahoy

Handcranked fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 14, 2014

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Last night I pulled plug, kicked it over a ton (this is something I tried previously tho) and I will see what happens when I get home from work. I might just give it a few kicks and if it doesnt seem like much is going on I will let it sit again and buy some starter fluid tomorrow or something

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Found a balloon on the trail yesterday. Ran it over, it didn't pop, so I attached it to my camel pack and rode the rest of they day like I was two strikes down in Mario Kart battle mode.

All in all, pretty good day.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Went to my first real motocross track yesterday for practice. All my offroad riding buddies are tragically A or AA riders (how did this happen/why am I so slow), so they were kind enough to give me some lessons. It went pretty well actually, all the big jumps I just followed them over, and quickly got over any real fear. Before I got my lessons I was riding the track and hitting this big step-up with really no issue, but when they reversed the track it turned into quite the harrowing step down. That was the only thing that really made me nervous - but it was no biggie after following for a couple of laps. It was a bit disconserting hitting these big jumps in the top of 4th gear, considering I almost never use 4th gear in offroad racing, but it was so wide open it felt OK after a few. I think my recent downhill mountain biking really helped me get into the swing as well. Knee wasn't too much of a liability.

Frankly, it was just really fun. I didn't under/over jump everything. It was pretty smooth. Biggest annoyance was when the lessons ended and they roosted the crap out of me.

I really should have brought a gopro. My girlfriend snapped a pic showing a big downhill, but the track is 'below' so you can't see much:

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
That trailer is so legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Hell yeah dirtbikes!

Im up in Snohomish, Wa. Just north of Seattle. I got back into riding a few years ago after nearly 15 years of driving cars really fast. I had a yz125 as a kid and mostly bombed around dirt roads, trails and a bmx track we built up. Now I do some trail riding, cross the mountains to ride desert and blast around my back yard. Im on the tail end of recovery from a broken tib, fib, patella and femur after I was run over by a jeep in the doons at Moses lake. I live on a sizable chunk of land so I built/am building a practice track. I have a mud pit, water crossing, some logs and ditches play in. I try to ride every day to build my body back up. I just started walking again in February.

I was out with friends doing some desert riding in Moses lake, wa.

While retuning to camp I was hit head on and run over by a couple kids in a jeep cherokee when they decided to cut a blind corner and blast up a narrow sand trail in between a row of bushes and dunes. After the collision the jeep came to rest on my right leg and knee. I was wrapped around the front axle under the jeep but on top of my bike. My right leg was under the right front tire. The driver of the jeep backed off of me and left. Luckily (for me!) he also struck my friend who was only lightly injured and found some people to help me.

Every thing was bad. My tibia, fibula, patella and femur were fractured. Lots of ligament and cartilage damage. Concussion, cracked ribs, torn rotator cuff.

Thumbs up for MORPHINE!

This was a while after the accident. My leg had a sweet bend.

The bike is totaled as well. Shocks are bent, frame is cracked in three places and buckled in two places.

Cracked and bent frame

Boots, knee pads, helmet and dumb luck saved my life. Im still awestruck that I was not more seriously injured.

From September to December it was all healing and physical therapy to get me in good enough shape for surgery. I had what amounted to a large dent in the bottom of my femur so they went in and filled it like a pothole with a bone graft from my hip. A lot of connective tissue was fixed at the same time. While recovering from the surgery I rode a stationary bike and rebuilt the KLX.

Now Im riding again, building the leg back up and shopping for a new bike. Something with an easy button.

I rode my friends 2013 300 2t 'burg with a recluse, left hand brake and all the doo-dads at the Desert 100 and it was a blast. I think I need some of that.

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 18, 2014