Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Holy poo poo, GM Melvus is still around? He was the best GM on Gilgamesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Gruknor posted:

The mithra might be doable if we get three rngs. The charm and pet will be a pain, but shadowbind and lullaby from a brd should take care of that.

Just pop Fealty at 50% and charm isn't an issue.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/August_2014_Version_Update_Changes

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 12, 2014

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

DizzyBum posted:

Holy poo poo, GM Melvus is still around? He was the best GM on Gilgamesh.

Ahh I doubt it, that screenshot is probably 10 years old. I had it sitting on my imgur account so I figured I would post it.

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X
Going to resub (cancelled a month ago since I hadn't logged in since like September) due to the email. Did they ever redo sky gods for level 99 like they talked about when considering adding the 99Aa/DM?

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

taels posted:

Going to resub (cancelled a month ago since I hadn't logged in since like September) due to the email. Did they ever redo sky gods for level 99 like they talked about when considering adding the 99Aa/DM?

No updates to sky gods yet. Though that would be kinda cool. 99 versions of abjuration gear would really help out the crafting community as well.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

No updates to sky gods yet. Though that would be kinda cool. 99 versions of abjuration gear would really help out the crafting community as well.

aren't some of the seals used for augments?

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Holyshoot posted:

aren't some of the seals used for augments?

Yes. God seals and abjurations can be turned into tatters to augment the original items with Synergy. Sadly most items are out dated now, and just have niche roles at best.

I just think a sky revamp would be cool. The fights used to be really fun and with new mechanics could be great. Revamped gear for 99 would be nice. They could even try and maintain the original goal for each peice if they wanted. (Zenith nuke mitts, enfeebling crimson maks, etc)
It would also be nostalgic to see those gear models in use again, just like with the AF/AF2 now.

Sky is also just a really cool and beautiful zone. I wish I had more reasons to be there.

The biggest problem would be congestion. The gods would need a new pop system as competing for Faust and other pops would be a nightmare in modern FFXI. Not sure what the best route would be since the zone isn't designed for BCNMs/instances.

keep it down up there! fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 13, 2014

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Heck, I say just let it turn into a good old fashioned pop camp, we haven't had one of those in ages. Makes it feel less cheap.

P.S. do the same with Sea. AV II.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Heck, I say just let it turn into a good old fashioned pop camp, we haven't had one of those in ages. Makes it feel less cheap.

P.S. do the same with Sea. AV II.

All of us are too old for that poo poo and the teenagers of today are too spoiled by instances to do that.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
Anyone up for getting some skcnm pages 1-5? I was thinking friday 8/15 and saturday 8/16, we farm pages for people who need them. We could probably do Difficult with Alanse having an ochain. I can come as brd. We just need a healer and some dd.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Gruknor posted:

Anyone up for getting some skcnm pages 1-5? I was thinking friday 8/15 and saturday 8/16, we farm pages for people who need them. We could probably do Difficult with Alanse having an ochain. I can come as brd. We just need a healer and some dd.

Sure, I'll show up and punch things to death.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I couldn't do Friday sadly unless it's early in the day as I have work from 4-9:30pm CST. Saturday I'd be free all day though so I'm definitely interested in getting something setup. I'm also wanting to try and get some skirmish runs going to finish getting gear from Yorcia and even work on upgrading that stuff to 119 from Ra'kaznar or w/e.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Condiv posted:

I couldn't do Friday sadly unless it's early in the day as I have work from 4-9:30pm CST. Saturday I'd be free all day though so I'm definitely interested in getting something setup. I'm also wanting to try and get some skirmish runs going to finish getting gear from Yorcia and even work on upgrading that stuff to 119 from Ra'kaznar or w/e.

Friday and Saturday I am off from work and any real life obligations. So I can be on whenever. I want to +1 my legs and feet skirm armor for my sam. So a ra'kaznar would be cool.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I'm up for some page farming. My birthday is Sunday so I'll probably at dinner Saturday night, but if it's later in the evening I can do Saturday.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Kazy posted:

I'm up for some page farming. My birthday is Sunday so I'll probably at dinner Saturday night, but if it's later in the evening I can do Saturday.

What about friday? What time Saturday would be later in the evening?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Gruknor posted:

What about friday? What time Saturday would be later in the evening?

Friday's free, and later Saturday evening would be like 7 or 8PM EDT.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

I could do friday or saturday, I need to finish my whm 109 (3/5, need hands and head) and do all 5 of my blu 109. I can come whm for healing but im not too terribly well geared (maybe 20-25% cure potency)

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Condiv posted:

Could you do a few runs early Friday starting around 12pm edt, which would be 11am cdt. Maybe a few after work? Saturday we could do whatever, and do some Ra'Kaznar runs and/or some Yorica runs before Kazy/Suteru gets back from work and is logged in. That would also give us time to either buy or farm up some skirmish pieces.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I could do friday or saturday, I need to finish my whm 109 (3/5, need hands and head) and do all 5 of my blu 109. I can come whm for healing but im not too terribly well geared (maybe 20-25% cure potency)

That should be fine. We can start off with normal then work our way up to difficult. I am sure you are better than most of the pug whm I group with. I need to finish my brd 109 af head and hands, and get af and relic 109 for my sam as well. So I guess we are in similar boats.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Gruknor posted:

12pm edt because gently caress PDT

I'll see what I can do...

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Gruknor posted:

Could you do a few runs early Friday starting around 12pm edt, which would be 11am cdt. Maybe a few after work? Saturday we could do whatever, and do some Ra'Kaznar runs and/or some Yorica runs before Kazy/Suteru gets back from work and is logged in. That would also give us time to either buy or farm up some skirmish pieces.

I can probably do early Friday as well. Though I am helping my sister move tomorrow it seems, starting at 5 EST. I should be back home before 8 or so probably.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Kazy posted:

I can probably do early Friday as well. Though I am helping my sister move tomorrow it seems, starting at 5 EST. I should be back home before 8 or so probably.

Blech, helping sisters move is the worst. I had to help my sister move twice a year until she got into medical school. I would rather sniff an elephant's butt than help my sister move.

Anyway, the general consensus is early Friday and anytime on Saturday. That is what I am shooting for. Early Friday will be a few page runs till whoever needs to go to work. Saturday we can do 1-5 page skcnms and yorica/outer ra'kaznar skirms. Farming for some skirm pieces would help offset some of the costs. Which pages does everyone need?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

I have a yorica simulacrum and a few more worth of parts, so I can cover us there.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Gruknor posted:

Blech, helping sisters move is the worst. I had to help my sister move twice a year until she got into medical school. I would rather sniff an elephant's butt than help my sister move.

Anyway, the general consensus is early Friday and anytime on Saturday. That is what I am shooting for. Early Friday will be a few page runs till whoever needs to go to work. Saturday we can do 1-5 page skcnms and yorica/outer ra'kaznar skirms. Farming for some skirm pieces would help offset some of the costs. Which pages does everyone need?

I can't help it, I'm the one with the car, even if it is a Mini :v:

I have my hat at i119 now, and I just i109'd the gloves, so I need body, legs, and feet. I want to get Page 2 done first though. But if not, I have RDM that could use the other pages. I don't have any of the Enigmatic Devices for Skirmishes, so I'd need someone to help guide me.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I did some Outer Ra'kaznar Skrimish this morning and I feel like I did fairly well for having no ilvl 119 gear. Doing some 111 runs should be fairly easy as long as we have a healer for the NMs. Also I can easily do stuff at 11am CST as I don't have to leave for work until 3:30pm CST. I could also try to do some runs of whatever after I get home around 9:30pm CST.

On another note I finally got Victory Smite for my monk and it is so nice having a skill that always seems to do 4k+ at the very least. I also got Caballarius Surcoat and +1'd it and I can +1 the Reverence Coronet as soon as I get enough chapter 1s to do the initial reforge.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Kazy posted:

I can't help it, I'm the one with the car, even if it is a Mini :v:

I have my hat at i119 now, and I just i109'd the gloves, so I need body, legs, and feet. I want to get Page 2 done first though. But if not, I have RDM that could use the other pages. I don't have any of the Enigmatic Devices for Skirmishes, so I'd need someone to help guide me.

Just make sure to get the waypoints that use crystals as currency to port, or the homepoint that uses gil. The homepoint in the adoulin outside zones is near the wkr. The waypoints are spread throughout each zone that is outside. Congrats on 119ing your hat. Was it the af or relic cor hat?

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I have a yorica simulacrum and a few more worth of parts, so I can cover us there.

Sweet, I know Rukuka and Alanse need some skirmish armor. Suteru probably could use some skirm armor and my mule(Mulebacca) could use some gendwitha pieces. I will try to get that blm af body 109 before our yorica skirms.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Condiv posted:

I did some Outer Ra'kaznar Skrimish this morning and I feel like I did fairly well for having no ilvl 119 gear. Doing some 111 runs should be fairly easy as long as we have a healer for the NMs. Also I can easily do stuff at 11am CST as I don't have to leave for work until 3:30pm CST. I could also try to do some runs of whatever after I get home around 9:30pm CST.

On another note I finally got Victory Smite for my monk and it is so nice having a skill that always seems to do 4k+ at the very least. I also got Caballarius Surcoat and +1'd it and I can +1 the Reverence Coronet as soon as I get enough chapter 1s to do the initial reforge.

Outer Ra'kaznar Skirmish is designed for groups that do not have full ilvl119. Holy poo poo dude, that is awesome. Your pld and mnk are really getting there. That body is probably the best pld body. Victory Smite is a bad rear end WS. Every mnk should get it. If you get some Oatixur or Tinhaspa, your Mnk could deal some nice dps.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
Also if we do Ra'kaznar everyone should have cupper to increase movement speed.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

I think yorica is the farthest i've progresed so far, I have not yet entered khamir or rakaznar yet. I may need to run through. Still need to install cupper. I think I only have 1 piece of skirmish armor so we can load up and spam some skirmishes on my simulacrums no big deal.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I think yorica is the farthest i've progresed so far, I have not yet entered khamir or rakaznar yet. I may need to run through. Still need to install cupper. I think I only have 1 piece of skirmish armor so we can load up and spam some skirmishes on my simulacrums no big deal.

Yorica Weald Skirmishes are really easy. A bunch of aoe mages or melee with aoe ws/attacks and the mobs drop quick enough.

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 15, 2014

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Anyone been getting a lot more crashes lately with windower version 4? Could it be because I am dual boxing it's crashing more?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Anyone been getting a lot more crashes lately with windower version 4? Could it be because I am dual boxing it's crashing more?

Yes, i get crashes at the "it all began with a stone" through "do you accept..." if I've touched other windows while that loads.

Different topic: Someone give me some quick settings for cupper, i just started playing with it and want to know whats safe and whats :banme:

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Holyshoot posted:

I have had more crashes lately. When I dual box and when I do not. No idea why it is doing this.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Yes, i get crashes at the "it all began with a stone" through "do you accept..." if I've touched other windows while that loads.

Different topic: Someone give me some quick settings for cupper, i just started playing with it and want to know whats safe and whats :banme:

Be wary of using Cupper around other people, even goons. Some goons find it funny to ban people that are cheating, even if they use the exact same cheat. As a rule, I turn Cupper off in major cities. Make sure to have the Detection check box checked and do not make the number to the left of Detection any larger than 7.0

Also it is a good idea to turn Cupper off when zoning. Some zones will not allow you to zone if you are going to fast.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
I had fun today/tonight. Doing rem page 1, 2, 4, and some yorcia skirms. Tomorrow lets do rem pages 2 and 5. Maybe a few more yorcia skirms.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
So I am pretty sure these crashes are due to timers plugin from windower. I turned it off on both my clients and they have been running for the past 6 hours without crashing. One of them was fishing for a while and the other was casting spells for healing magic skill up.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

So I am pretty sure these crashes are due to timers plugin from windower. I turned it off on both my clients and they have been running for the past 6 hours without crashing. One of them was fishing for a while and the other was casting spells for healing magic skill up.

what are you doing for healing skillup? I thought spellcast was broken. I have 285, it's hilariously low.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Paladine_PSoT posted:

what are you doing for healing skillup? I thought spellcast was broken. I have 285, it's hilariously low.

Exiled v2. You can also fish bot with it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Holyshoot posted:

Exiled v2. You can also fish bot with it too.

Exiled v2 is really great, you can sell, fish, buy, trade in all the braw wirk lad, etc.