Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

No matter how hard you try, there's no getting out of this harem, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Cuteness off the charts.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Haru is so much more interesting than her sister it's amazing.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Super Jay Mann posted:

That's because Kosaki isn't allowed to have a personality really

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp

Super Jay Mann posted:

yeah tsundere is pretty incredible

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Terper posted:

No matter how hard you try, there's no getting out of this harem, sorry.

When you play a game of harem you win or you remain close friends and hope that he'll leave the favored girl for you.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I like how while Kosaki is constantly telling herself this time I'm going to confess, Haru's always going this time I'm going to turn him down. Neat bit of parallelism.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I'm just now catching up on the manga and I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at a comic as I did when Marika rolls up with a sculpted chocolate statue on valentines day. Raku's face is just perfect.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Shere posted:

I'm just now catching up on the manga and I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at a comic as I did when Marika rolls up with a sculpted chocolate statue on valentines day. Raku's face is just perfect.

Another shining example of why Marika's the best character. Just wait until you get to chapter 104.

DoublePLayer
May 6, 2008

by Shine
About that pendant promise stuff, I think I have a theory, based on what has been revealed on the manga.
Yui said that Raku has to first choose who's the most important to him before she tells him about the pendant. Maybe the deal with the pendant is that it actually has magically changing keyholes depending on some unrealistic trick, like spinning around the spikey part of the pendant, thus making all four of the keys viable candidates.

While it sounds unrealistic as gently caress, we're talking about a harem manga, so I wouldn't put those sort of shenanigans beyond it.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
What really drives me apeshit about this series is that the harem was already solved in chapter 8.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Popehoist posted:

What really drives me apeshit about this series is that the harem was already solved in chapter 8.

I presume the follow up is a panel with a silly face saying "JUST KIDDING! :P:P:P" and Ruri hitting Shu?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Skychrono posted:

I presume the follow up is a panel with a silly face saying "JUST KIDDING! :P:P:P" and Ruri hitting Shu?

No, then Onodera walks in on Raku and Chitoge about to kiss (in the locked shed, of course).

They were in there because Raku's mafia dudes locked them in there to give them some alone time, or something.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Popehoist posted:

Nope, it has to be whoever holds the key to the locket, NO MATTER WHAT.

That's really the only annoying thing about it, the whole "childhood promise girl is the only one I can be with" no matter who he currently likes.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 14, 2014

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Popehoist posted:

Listen, while I would normally agree with you, the continuation of this bullshit harem is more than justified because it introduced Marika and, by introducing her, it allowed me to hear Kana Asumi doing Marika justice when it came to her Kansai accent.

Also, her dad. Holy sweet Jesus, her dad. :allears:

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Wark Say posted:

I always read her father in the voice of Zaraki Kenpachi.

Good to know the animation staff did too :allears:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Wark Say posted:

Listen, while I would normally agree with you, the continuation of this bullshit harem is more than justified because it introduced Marika and, by introducing her, it allowed me to hear Kana Asumi doing Marika justice when it came to her Kansai accent.

Preeeeetty sure that ain't Kansai. I'm not sure what it actually is though. Something from Kyushu?

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp
Gendo has very good taste in daughters, but apart from Senjougahara none of them are the best girls soooo

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Wark Say posted:

If you like that so much, you should probably check out Haiyore! Nyaruko-san if you haven't already.
It's another trashy, gimmicky harem with funny moments and a ton of references, but Kana Asumi plays the lead girl and speaks like that for half the show :allears: I would have to say that she's my favourite seiyuu.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Ch-135--Singing-Voice?id=205845

Seems like a long chapter this week!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Pretty good chapter, too.
Especially:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Marika is the best

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

136: NEW HAREM MEMBER. the ride officially never ends. Also, that Siri has come a long way if it can translate to Japanese with only minor errors.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Thread title has never been more apt.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Just gonna leave this here:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ah, I had believed the childhood friend-sister-teacher to be the last one to join the harem, but I forgot we still had no royalty lookalike, how silly of me.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Terper posted:

Ah, I had believed the childhood friend-sister-teacher to be the last one to join the harem, but I forgot we still had no royalty lookalike, how silly of me.

She'll probably be engaged to someone who looks like Raku.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Not gonna be surprised if Chitoge somehow has trouble getting away from the bodyguards. Or princess doesn't want to go back now.

Soylentbits posted:

This loving manga writes itself, god damnit.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Nah, this isn't another harem member, this is just the set-up for a Chitoge arc. It's been a while since we've had one of those.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

For as cliche-ridden as this manga was I wasn't expecting this at all. How could I expect Komi to go this deep into the well for overused cliches?

Soylentbits posted:

And he'll be just like Shuu, to complete the parallels.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Raku's really gotten a good attitude about all these shenanigans. Just rolling with the punches.

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp
This princess is so wonderful

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Gravefront posted:

This princess is so wonderful
She's like Chitoge with a personality transplant :swoon:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

She's basically Chitoge and Onodera combined, with Marika's obsessiveness. Now all she needs is to turn out to be super strong and she'll literally be all the girls at once.

Which of course means she'll be friend zoned five times as hard.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlitzBlast posted:

She's basically Chitoge and Onodera combined, with Marika's obsessiveness. Now all she needs is to turn out to be super strong and she'll literally be all the girls at once.

Which of course means she'll be friend zoned five times as hard.

She doesn't have Haru's tsundere-ness, though.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Chapter 138 is out. http://www.mangabird.com/nisekoi-138?page=1

Such a sweet kiss~

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I am astounded Haru didn't burst in.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Ch-140--Slumber?id=209037

I miss the princess...

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Who cares, we got Tsugumi faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The princess was a dumb, superfluous character and I'm glad she's gone.

Also

Paracelsus posted:

Who cares, we got Tsugumi faces.

• Locked thread