Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
There's a demo on the eShop I think, so try that.

(From what I remember it's not good.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Found Sound posted:

Am I better off just getting Mario Kart 7, blue shell bullshit be damned?

Yes. The 3DS port is craptastic.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Found Sound posted:

Hey how's the 3DS port for Sonic Racing Transformed? I have it on steam and loved it, but I'll be without a pc for a while and want some kart racing action. Am I better off just getting Mario Kart 7, blue shell bullshit be damned?

Edit: f;b

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

orenronen posted:

And as I said before, I think kids are exactly the audience that cares least about whether their fiction takes place in a setting they're familiar with or not. Adults who aren't enthusiasts may drop a game (or movie, or music, or anything else) that they perceive as too foreign. Kids don't care.

Yeah, I think kids won't worry about it as much as adults. I watched a ton of anime as a kid because my brother was a huge nerd, and all it did was teach me that there's this country on the other side of the world where they do things differently. (and turn me into a huge nerd too) And now when I'm an adult I'm able to accept weird cultural things in my entertainment better, instead of automatically throwing it out because it's different and foreign. I think that's a pretty valuable thing to teach kids. Also yokai are rad and I would've loved a game about them when I was a kid.

I think Yokai Watch would need a strong advertising campaign to break into the market, but I don't think being super Japanese would be as much of a turn-off as people might assume. At least I hope not.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

enojy posted:

Now that I think about it, it's just the logo being there that ruins it.
This, also the distinct lack of Captain Falcon AKA the Most Important Smash Character.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If a kid's watched any anime beyond Pokemon they've probably glazed through enough lovely anime on their family's Netflix account to know every single intricacy of Japanese culture. Ganbare

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Quest For Glory II posted:

If a kid's watched any anime beyond Pokemon they've probably glazed through enough lovely anime on their family's Netflix account to know every single intricacy of Japanese culture. Ganbare

Donuts, the national snack.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
That Smash 3DS looks ugly with and without logo. :colbert:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

NeilPerry posted:

Is it really a pun though? It's just 地縛霊 with nyan thrown in it. It's like saying meowtergeist. If I'm not missing something it's kinda dumb.
I don't know if you noticed this or not, but the Japanese are Not Very Good At Puns.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also, it's going to be upside down when open.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

homeless snail posted:

I don't know if you noticed this or not, but the Japanese are Not Very Good At Puns.

Yeah there's a reason why they're called 駄洒落 I guess.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

My Zelda 3DS XL is acting up... the top screen isn't working properly. I set up a repair on it, and the guy I talked to on the phone said that he put a note on the account that they can't send me a different system, and I will only take a refurb if it is a Zelda XL.

I'm still really nervous about sending it in though.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

The Devil Tesla posted:

but it's right side up when it's closed which is the only time you can see the design

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Kaubocks posted:

but it's right side up when it's closed which is the only time you can see the design

Nintendo I wish to return this 3DS- the drawing is upside down when strangers are watching me play video games; you have made me look like a fool

1/5 stars

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I mean, the only real reason anyone has to buy an exclusive console is to show it off.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'd do it for myself? I mean honestly I don't even hold the 3DS in a way other people can see it-- it's largely resting in my lap as I play. I decorate my 3DS with decals and buy game-related merchandise to put around my apartment or whatever because I enjoy it, not because I want to show other people.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

NeilPerry posted:

Is it really a pun though? It's just 地縛霊 with nyan thrown in it. It's like saying meowtergeist. If I'm not missing something it's kinda dumb.

That...makes a lot more sense. Because I am a child, every time I see "Jibanyan" I immediately think "Penis Cat" since "jiba" is Mandarin for penis. (Yes, I know, wrong language)

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Genpei Turtle posted:

That...makes a lot more sense. Because I am a child, every time I see "Jibanyan" I immediately think "Penis Cat" since "jiba" is Mandarin for penis. (Yes, I know, wrong language)

Thanks for ruining the game for me.

Anyway yeah, the cats seem to have names that are like that. Just met one called Fuyunyan(from 浮遊霊). I haven't seen any other cats so far but that seems to be the naming convention for them.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Kaubocks posted:

I'd do it for myself? I mean honestly I don't even hold the 3DS in a way other people can see it-- it's largely resting in my lap as I play. I decorate my 3DS with decals and buy game-related merchandise to put around my apartment or whatever because I enjoy it, not because I want to show other people.

You shouldn't decorate your 3DS with anything :colbert:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i decorate my 3ds with cum after lengthy senran kagura sessions

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Awesome! posted:

Glad to see I'm not alone.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I put a "also plays on 2ds" sticker on my XL

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Awesome! posted:

70's Stan Lee is saying this and it's hilarious.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The Devil Tesla posted:

I think every special edition GBA SP/DS/3DS has that problem. Why haven't you learned Nintendo?? :argh:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

ChaosArgate posted:

I think every special edition GBA SP/DS/3DS has that problem. Why haven't you learned Nintendo?? :argh:

Honestly this is why I didn't hold out for a sweet looking collectors edition and just grabbed a blue xl.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

ChaosArgate posted:

Clearly the best one.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

Because it's not a problem?? :confused:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

KennyMan666 posted:

Clearly the best one.

Absolutely. It embodies the theme of the game perfectly. I was happy to grab it at $200 on release.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

It's not like you can see it when it's open anyway.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I covered my DSlite with Rhythm Heaven stickers therefore my lite is the best lite eventhough the screens are kinda jacked.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kaubocks posted:

I'm not sure why the other way would be all that worse for you. If you want to look at it when it's closed just hold it with the camera up. The only time it matters which way it's held is when it's open, so why not make it face the right way?

You might have noticed that the top surface of laptops faced the user about fifteen years ago, but over the past decade they've turned them around. It's another way Nintendo is kind of behind everyone else.

Gutcruncher posted:

I covered my DSlite with Rhythm Heaven stickers therefore my lite is the best lite eventhough the screens are kinda jacked.

Stickers are awesome.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
9.0 Arlon went down :woop: Him and Phosphora both forced me into some nutso dodges after my Playing Deads ran out. Also is it just me or his Orbitars absolutely useless?

More than halfway through the 9.0 stages. Doing 19 on 9.0 with a club is gonna be quite something though... I have a bunch of good Magnus and Capricorn clubs, but they are useless against Monoeyes, what with their short range and charge time.

Gamma Nerd fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Aug 14, 2014

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

The Devil Tesla posted:

You might have noticed that the top surface of laptops faced the user about fifteen years ago, but over the past decade they've turned them around. It's another way Nintendo is kind of behind everyone else.

Or Nintendo is sticking to their guns because they realize everyone else is wrong. :smug:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Gamma Nerd posted:

9.0 Arlon went down :woop: Him and Phosphora both forced me into some nutso dodges after my Playing Deads ran out. Also is it just me or his Orbitars absolutely useless?

More than halfway through the 9.0 stages. Doing 19 on 9.0 with a club is gonna be quite something though... I have a bunch of good Magnus and Capricorn clubs, but they are useless against Monoeyes, what with their short range and charge time.

Honestly, those 2 clubs are probably your best bet against that stage. They're not too shabby in the air though. But the windy room is where I had the most deaths on that stage, pack Angelic Missile to get past that section easily. The rest of the stage is kind of easy in comparison. Which isn't saying much. The boss fight on the other hand, is a complete and utter joke, once you get there, you're pretty much done with the stage.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kaubocks posted:

Or Nintendo is sticking to their guns because they realize everyone else is wrong. :smug:

Resistive touchscreens in tyool 2014.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Here I was thinking the pants argument would be the dumbest one in this thread.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The Devil Tesla posted:

I put a "also plays on 2ds" sticker on my XL

"My other handheld is my dilznick"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

raditts posted:

Here I was thinking the pants argument would be the dumbest one in this thread.
I wear pants with mesh pockets so other people can see my sickass limited edition video game system.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

KennyMan666 posted:

Clearly the best one.

:aaa: I didn't know the Zelda one looked like that! loving hell that's amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Cool thing to do: buy a clear snap on 3DS case, print off or make your own paper designs, cut the shape out, fit it between your 3DS and case. Boom you got a one of a kind Custom Limited Edition Seinfeld Kagura 3DS.

• Locked thread