Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
#Escape Goat

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Victoria 4 lyfe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Man, I think #EscapeGoat just redeemed that sloppy editorial blowjob they just gave Frankie. :allears:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
:siren: Zach meltdown :siren:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

#ZachAttack just derailed from the tracks and bulldozed through a shelter full of puppies and kitties.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

No mention of the fact Frankie blamed all the lying on the death of his grandfather making him overplay.

He really is getting a loving glowing edit compared to what he really should be.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Heh... Gilbert is OTEV.

edit: Gilbert is killing it!

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 14, 2014

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Does Frankie's glowing edit ever get brought up to the powers that be via Twitter (if they even read it)?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Derrick :love:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Daaaaamn. Well played Derrick. Although being the smartest person in this house is like being the tallest midget.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

... Wait, what the gently caress just happened in that room? I feel like they all suddenly just started talking Spanish mid-sentence there. :psyduck:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Jesus, Derrick is really really good at bomb defusion.
He may never get nominated ever.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Caleb makes a smart play? What?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Jesus everyone in this house is such a pussy and never question or defy what is spewed at them by the Detonators.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Caleb makes a smart play? What?

Smart is a stretch. Nobody should fall for that lie. But we're dealing with dummies here.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

It worked though.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

It worked though.

Christine isn't exactly Einstein.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Mahoning posted:

Christine isn't exactly Einstein.

Now she's as broke as Einstein. Way to go, Einstein.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Now she's as broke as Einstein. Way to go, Einstein.

:golfclap:

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Mahoning posted:

Jesus everyone in this house is such a pussy and never question or defy what is spewed at them by the Detonators.

People keep making posts like this but there's basically no way to fight against the Detonators/friends majority, especially with the double HOH twist, and it really downplays the huge amounts of work that Derrick and Cody put into maintaining a really strong social game and managing to convince everyone to help them. I find it hard to imagine a way for anyone to actually fight against the Detonators and still make it to the end. If you put 2 of them up, they most likely win BotB, and you're hosed. If you put up pawns and try to backdoor one, you can't get the votes. Even if you put 2 up and they lose BotB, you have like 4 people coming after you. You can try to flip as many people as possible but you're still going to end up as a minority alliance because Derrick and Cody have spent weeks building huge amounts of trust with everyone and controlling information really well, and they'll immediately come up with a good excuse for anything you attack them with.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Derrick's good but it's not that fun watching him in a season without anyone else who can persuade people at all. If they bring him back on All-Stars against Dr. Will or Dan or something that would be entertaining.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Catching up on the taped shows. I like how they neglected to include the part where production refused to let Caleb interfere in the BotB competition.

Context
Sep 11, 2006

BGrifter posted:

Catching up on the taped shows. I like how they neglected to include the part where production refused to let Caleb interfere in the BotB competition.

I don't know what they're supposed to have done. Forced Frankie to hand over one of the chains against his will? Allowed Caleb to wrestle him for it? I'd like to think there are established rules for these situations, but a line has to be drawn somewhere, and publicly declaring "I am sitting out of this competition" seems like a reasonable place to draw it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Context posted:

I don't know what they're supposed to have done. Forced Frankie to hand over one of the chains against his will? Allowed Caleb to wrestle him for it? I'd like to think there are established rules for these situations, but a line has to be drawn somewhere, and publicly declaring "I am sitting out of this competition" seems like a reasonable place to draw it.

Not prevent Caleb from walking up and casually tugging on one of the chains. They were pretty long, there's nothing Frankie could have done to stop it. If not for production interfering it would have been completely trivial for Caleb to sabotage the competition.

Hell, he could have grabbed the balls out of the bottom part and chucked 'em over the wall. Or even just sitting on one denying Frankie the 10th he'd need to finish the comp.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Of all of the cries about production rigging over the years (of which I've been involved with from time to time) the BOB comp with Frankie and Caleb isn't one of those times. Caleb made it clear he wasn't participating from the onset and BB granted his decision by letting him sit out completely.

Perhaps it was foolhardy of Caleb to do that and in hindsight he should have at least started the comp and then decide to do nothing and be unhelpful. He was likely coaxed by DR to drama-it-up before the comp for good teevee not knowing he would be blackballed from the comp entirely.

I do see both sides of the coin.

However, Frankie won that comp fair and square. Zach tried to solo and got no where so I think the playing field was level.

I hated the result but that's how the cookie crumbles. Frankie is not long for this game now that everyone knows his sister is a mega pop star for tweens and he's a self proclaimed "internet mogul" with a large following.

I can see Christine, Derrick, Zach wanting his rear end out even more so now than ever before.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
If there is a team comp and one player is out for whatever reason, the team should be disqualified. Anyway whether production is doing anything. Or not, for an "expect the unexpected" show this season's boots seem very predictable.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
In fact I was in a pairs competition, last weekend and you had to work with your partner ,there was even a rule that you had to be within specific distance from each other or get a penalty.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That scene up in the HOH room with Derrick reminded me so much of Dan it's crazy.

I love Derrick and he's going to win this thing.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Binary Logic posted:

In fact I was in a pairs competition, last weekend and you had to work with your partner ,there was even a rule that you had to be within specific distance from each other or get a penalty.

Your personal pairs competition has no bearing on Big Brother, though. It was fair to let Frankie do it himself. He did get incredibly lucky that it was a competition that one person can do. I can certainly see why people are suspicious.

Asiina posted:

That scene up in the HOH room with Derrick reminded me so much of Dan it's crazy.

I called it week one.

blue squares fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 14, 2014

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Dan was way funner to watch because he was actually always in trouble. Derrick might as well have the secret service protecting him

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Dan was way funner to watch because he was actually always in trouble. Derrick might as well have the secret service protecting him

Actually if you watch Season 10 again, Dan goes through most of it absolutely blending into the background. He's there for all conversations and arguments without being part of any of them. Even knowing how it turns out you can barely notice him because he gets so little screen time.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

blue squares posted:

Your personal pairs competition has no bearing on Big Brother, though. It was fair to let Frankie do it himself. He did get incredibly lucky that it was a competition that one person can do. I can certainly see why people are suspicious.

They didn't just let Frankie do it himself, they actively barred the other member of his team from participating knowing from his diary room sessions his intention was to sabotage it.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

From what I heard, they didn't bar him, they gave him an option. He chose poorly.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think it was a reasonable decision and one that was guaranteed not to escalate to a physical altercation. If Caleb decides to take control and Frankie doesn't want him to then what happens? Can he take the chain from Frankie? Can Frankie refuse to let a fellow nominee play in a challenge for his own life in the game?

While I'm annoyed at Frankie winning this was really the decision least likely to cause a much larger problem.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
It's funny that people are so mad that Caleb screwed up throwing a competition that they think production is the bad guy.

All you have to do to throw one is play it out and fumble constantly.

But they obviously can't allow something like tearing stuff out of other people's hands (which Caleb had been saying he would do if his sit down strategy failed), or then comps wouldn't really need rules at all. It would just be strength wins.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
This "he'd have to tear the chains out of Frankie's hands and get violent" strawman is getting a little silly. He could easily walk up and tug on the chain near the middle well out of Frankie's reach, a gentle tug would be all it'd take to send the ball off course. Or grab one of the balls out of the bottom area, end of the comp. Or one of many of other ways to meddle in the thing that didn't involve tackling Frankie to the ground and going all berserker rage on him.

Fortunately in the Grande scheme of things it's unlikely to matter much. Frankie is toast, it's just a question of how long it takes for him to get shown the door or if he gets dragged along as a goat.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
I'm saying Caleb was saying himself on the feeds he'd go about doing it the stupid way and attack Frankie. So he pretty much brought the "choice" thing on himself by acting like he was going to interfere with running the actual comp, instead of just throwing one.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Spiky Ooze posted:

I'm saying Caleb was saying himself on the feeds he'd go about doing it the stupid way and attack Frankie. So he pretty much brought the "choice" thing on himself by acting like he was going to interfere with running the actual comp, instead of just throwing one.

Caleb is a dumbass meathead that says stupid things all the time, I don't feel like an offhanded remark trying to sound macho to the other houseguests is a terribly credible threat. He's not Justin The Knife Guy or anything. The idea they had to prevent Caleb from being involved in the competition to ensure Frankie's physical safety seems like a stretch. If it was really that much of a danger they should have pulled Caleb from the game, not tinkered with one competition.

Although I will say you could probably make a stronger argument for pulling him weeks ago over the Amber stuff. Since she left he's just another dumb jock.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Actually if you watch Season 10 again, Dan goes through most of it absolutely blending into the background. He's there for all conversations and arguments without being part of any of them. Even knowing how it turns out you can barely notice him because he gets so little screen time.

Dan season 10 was public enemy number 1 starting week 2 after Brian went, and got a bit lucky that the sides of the house got turned on each other, even though he got stuck in the middle of it as America's player. Of course Dan stays out of arguments, that is 100% his game. Even when Jerry was calling him Judas, he still said good night to him every night.

Compared to his second season he definitely coasted though.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

:siren:Previously... on BIIIIIG BROTHERRRRRRR:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
They really have been waiting the entire time for the losing HOH to go up, lol.

• Locked thread