Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
The typo in that tweet might as well be intentional.

"An Aryan was arrested? Oh, god."

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Naet posted:

The typo in that tweet might as well be intentional.

"An Aryan was arrested? Oh, god."

Uuuh

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I was referring to Ryan Reilly, a white dude.

Ryan. Aryan. Ryan. Aryan. Thus the typo.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

thefncrow posted:

That certainly sounds like the reporter called the police chief, the chief found out what his moron officers just did, and ordered a release.

I like how they're such dicks that it the chief was probably "oh poo poo, don't rough up and arrest reporters you idiots get them out of here" and the officers still wanted to play it like they were doing favors.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The people are all at the apartment complex now and the MRAPs are just parked and not moving

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Zeitgueist posted:

I like how they're such dicks that it the chief was probably "oh poo poo, don't rough up and arrest reporters you idiots get them out of here" and the officers still wanted to play it like they were doing favors.

"The Chief said we have to treat you like Real People. You should feel lucky, you whelps."

Your Sledgehammer
May 10, 2010

Don`t fall asleep, you gotta write for THUNDERDOME
The Ferguson chief strikes as woefully unprepared and incompetent. In the press conference today, he was completely unable to answer a whole host of questions and the whole time he sweated like, well, a pig.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Oh Rupert

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Your Sledgehammer posted:

The Ferguson chief strikes as woefully unprepared and incompetent. In the press conference today, he was completely unable to answer a whole host of questions and the whole time he sweated like, well, a pig.

That doesn't surprise me. He's in the middle of a shitstorm I'm sure he never thought he'd have to deal with in his life, and all his officers are going psycho, as evidenced above.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

A bottle landed near the police line, they're now fired tear gas into the crowd per twitter.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Vincent Van Goat posted:

That doesn't surprise me. He's in the middle of a shitstorm I'm sure he never thought he'd have to deal with in his life, and all his officers are going psycho, as evidenced above.

It is an unfortunate event that one's officers go loving psycho on entire community they claim to protect.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

My Imaginary GF posted:

Oh hey, just heard that the SEC is launching a nation-wide investigation into alternate-investment mutual funds. Hm, why, its almost as if Obama is trying to send a message to Wells-Fargo cut this poo poo out now. This is how you produce actionable change as an effective President. I wonder how long until the local cops start to get the message? ETA: One call to Nixon. Don't call Obama weak when he's the strongest President since Nixon.

maybe I'm missing something, what does Wells-Fargo have to do with this?

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
I just read something unconfirmed that Alex Jones got shot at, gassed, and LRAD'd.

Take that as you will.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
When you have all that high-powered weaponry and armoured combat vehicles it's pretty hard not to exploit any occasion to use them.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Zeitgueist posted:

I just read something unconfirmed that Alex Jones got shot at, gassed, and LRAD'd.

Take that as you will.

Well, some good came of this, at least.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
http://www.ustream.tv/realalexjones

Holy crap, that PA address: "this is no longer a peaceful protest, you must leave."

edit: dude got gassed

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zeitgueist posted:

Take that as you will.

Some twitter person is claiming it's just a guy on his feed who got hosed up. Alex Jones is streaming events.

D_I
Aug 31, 2004

Zeitgueist posted:

Take that as you will.
Ugh don't make me take the cops side now.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Zeitgueist posted:

Take that as you will.

It's not THAT Alex Jones, apparently. Just some guy.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Reports of shots fired.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Police have declared protest is no longer peaceful.

https://twitter.com/BmoreConetta/status/499732739588108288

I wonder how real this poo poo is gonna get. I wonder if we'll ever actually get national police reforms.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Von Sloneker posted:

Holy crap, that PA address: "this is no longer a peaceful protest, you must leave."

Well that's how you know it's no longer peaceful, when the cops decide to break the peace.

Good to know.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nonsense posted:

Some twitter person is claiming it's just a guy on his feed who got hosed up. Alex Jones is streaming events.

Oh jeez. The comments on infowars are evenly split between "kill all thug cops violating peaceful protests" and "kill all thug chimps chimping out savages"

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

skaboomizzy posted:

It's not THAT Alex Jones, apparently. Just some guy.

He seems to work for Jones, though. He was giving out the infowars address.

And we got molotovs. "The car wash is on fire."

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Police have declared protest is no longer peaceful.

https://twitter.com/BmoreConetta/status/499732739588108288

I wonder how real this poo poo is gonna get. I wonder if we'll ever actually get national police reforms.

Do you remember the London riots and how pretty much everybody in any authority said the police were too nice? That will happen in this case too.

Kusagari
Oct 13, 2012
I've been watching the Alex Jones stream because it's by far the best stream right now for the situation on the ground.

There was an increasingly intense protest going on and then someone threw a bottle. The police proceeded to say it's no longer a peaceful protest and then fired at least 4-5 rounds of tear gas at the people. The Alex Jones reporter almost got hit directly and was coughing like crazy.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Jesus christ. Cliven Bundy can have an armed enclave talking poo poo and pointing guns at the fed and get away poo poo-free, one prick - if that - amidst a sea of unarmed protestors can throw a drat bottle and a bunch of armored cops respond with tear gas and rubber bullets and loving LRADs. gently caress this poo poo.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Jesus christ. Cliven Bundy can have an armed enclave talking poo poo and pointing guns at the fed and get away poo poo-free, one prick - if that - amidst a sea of unarmed protestors can throw a drat bottle and a bunch of armored cops respond with tear gas and rubber bullets and loving LRADs. gently caress this poo poo.

I have a feeling county in question went way too far and is regretting the escalation right about now. It sounds so malicious to think the county/police wanted this fight but gently caress.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah but when black people tried to arm up and hold a compound police bombed them from the air, so I dunno if it's the guns.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Spiritus Nox posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure Sean Hannity and Fox News will be there lionizing the protestors any minute now.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Von Sloneker posted:

http://www.ustream.tv/realalexjones

edit: dude got gassed

Holy poo poo, this is an infowars.com guy?

I'm not used to infowars being a voice of sanity.

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
drat and I was about to go to sleep.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Zeitgueist posted:

Yeah but when black people tried to arm up and hold a compound police bombed them from the air, so I dunno if it's the guns.

Well duh. That much is obvious. Just frustrating to watch.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Alkydere posted:

Holy poo poo, this is an infowars.com guy?

I'm not used to infowars being a voice of sanity.

Yeah, it's weird. This is unreal seeing cops with better equipment then I had in Iraq.

on the left
Nov 2, 2013
I Am A Gigantic Piece Of Shit

Literally poo from a diseased human butt
On craigslist in St. Louis, someone made a joke posting about Roof Koreans for hire.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Looks like the cops are now approaching the crowd/infowars people that have remained.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zeitgueist posted:

You hadn't already sorted that out?

no denying it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

They are flanking and cordoning off the protesters now.

• Locked thread