Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

So, you'll see something when we upload our video of Sony's press conference tomorrow.

"P.T" shows up in the video, and Liam and I think it's pretty cool. Liam says, "Hey, that's available now! We should play it once the conference is done." Pat barely looks at Liam, and says, "No."

So yeah. There will be no PT video, because the surprise is gone...and it's just...yeah, too late now.

We shoulda listened to Liam. Would have been the hypest thing ever to happen to TBFP if we had gotten to the end of it or something.

Live and Learn. Hanging on the edge...etc..etc...

Ahahahahahaha. Defeated by his own hubris. That being said a 5 or 6 part video where you guys were wandering around that hallway trying to figure out the deal with it and then giving up would have been equally hilarious. Well plus the fact that you probably would have caught him openly sobbing in joy on mic once the reveal names and title started to scroll by and nobody could blame him.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Aug 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I love moments where the whole crew goes OOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGHHHHH at the same time, so I am sad we don't get to experience the TP reveal.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Is it me or is Matt getting visibly thinner little by little?

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Will there be a video for the Konami livestream as well? I want to see Pat getting a heart attack in real time.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I am honestly kinda confused. What's TP?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

HGH posted:

I am honestly kinda confused. What's TP?

T.P. is a 'gone home' esque short demo Konami released on PSN, you play the game and through some kind of sequence you get a trailer for Silent Hills. I saq a walkthrough of it, not gonna lie it's pretty doggone scary.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Al-Saqr posted:

Is it me or is Matt getting visibly thinner little by little?

I'm trying! Been eating way better, and getting more exercise.

Also, no Konami press conference, sorry.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

TheRealestMatt posted:

That reminds me, what did you do with all your mailbag cereal?

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

PiedPiper posted:

It's all stashed away and unopened. Really wanna do a video for it, but have found it tough trying to fit it into our schedule.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize that P.T. stood for "playable teaser".

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

TheRealestMatt posted:

Also, no Konami press conference, sorry.

PiedPiper posted:

I was gonna say, HOW are you possibly eating better. You got enough evil foreigner candy and cereal to die of a sugar shock 5 times over. You should really build a fort out of the cereal boxes and slap a sign on the outside that says 'no girls allowed'.

Also you fuckers closed that mailbag down before I could send you this fella I found in my garage stashed away...

He's hangin' out with Megaman and Luigi next to my PC tower now.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Why the Zaibatsu gotta be such shits about Enslaved. Sure, I can understand why they'd be salty over DMC but Enslaved is great.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Enslaved is just kind of bland, Matt saying "I don't have time for just fine" is pretty accurate meaning that there are simply just more interesting games to spend your time with. Also the ending of the game is pretty terrible.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Enslaved is very milquetoast action/platforming game, yeah. The ending is the only thing about that is actually worth any sort of attention. Its story and characters aside from maybe Monkey are also really stale and common character archetypes they don't do anything new with at all.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 15, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

quote:

Chicken and Egg conversation
Sleepytime Pat scares me.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
http://strawpoll.me/2343137
That one LP a week thing seems like a cool idea

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
If they go by highest demand we just might see that full Silent Hill 2 playthrough, so I'm pretty hyped for that even if I voted the other way.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
I actually wouldn't mind a healthy mix of both. I'm always down for seeing new types of games.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Why the Zaibatsu gotta be such shits about Enslaved. Sure, I can understand why they'd be salty over DMC but Enslaved is great.

Copied from my tumblr.

I didn’t enjoy Ensalved at all, that’s why I poo poo on it. I’m a big fan of the Prince of Persia series, which had very challenging platforming and navigation, and Enslaved tries so hard and fails to duplicate that sense of accomplishment, there's absolutely zero challenge or thought put into it's platforming. Its combat is mashy and unfun with again, just zero thought going into it. And finally, it’s story has one of the worst, most unsatisfying endings ever, that again, tries really hard to be deep and have some sort of meaning, but it just falls flat on it’s face. You can't have a VERY typical game story of trying to "go home" from point a to point b, with paper thin characters leading the charge, then at the very last second, go, "OHHH! CHECK OUT THIS ARTSY ENDING THAT MIGHT ONLY MAKE SENSE IF YOU'VE BEEN GETTING ALL THE COLLECTIBLES!"

It does however, have great-looking cutscenes, and fantastic facial animation that convey emotion well, it’s art direction is also strong, but it’s hampered by NT’s inability to get Unreal 3 perform at acceptable levels. Horrible framerate in combat, and constant texture load-in. I think those are solid reasons as to why the majority of people don't think Enslaved is great at all.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEC39gdispU

:getin:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Sad Mammal posted:

If they go by highest demand we just might see that full Silent Hill 2 playthrough, so I'm pretty hyped for that even if I voted the other way.

Even better, this schmuck here alluded to them playing REmake if it was the smaller batch that won out. I just wanna see you guys get to Lisa Trevor. I've beaten that game probably in the double digits now and she still creeps me the gently caress out every single time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please don't do REmake cause I don't want to see Lisa Trevor again. I've only read Id's lp on that game and she was still freaky as hell.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So basically they have 3.5 hours to beat each game or what?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Tae posted:

So basically they have 3.5 hours to beat each game or what?

7 episodes per game, they didnt say how long the vids would be

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
You know, after hearing the reviews and musings of the P.T. demo, I'd say Pat was correct in not wanting to record them playing it. The biggest complaint was the tedium of the puzzles (especially that final part, jeez), and the demo itself apparently has no relevance to the story of the game it revealed, so the reveal itself of a new Silent Hill game probably was enough for anyone who didn't wanna spend 40 minutes waiting for a baby to laugh.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Shaolin Monks is the poo poo, I'm so glad you guys are LPing that. Also drat, the comments on the latest Dark Souls video are awful.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Dias posted:

Shaolin Monks is the poo poo, I'm so glad you guys are LPing that. Also drat, the comments on the latest Dark Souls video are awful.

Why?! That was the best episode of the LP so far!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ApeHawk posted:

Why?! That was the best episode of the LP so far!

Career PVPers complaining about Woolie healing because that's "dishonorable", and nitpicking the PvP skills of a guy that doesn't seem interested at all right now on doing PvP. Basically, the DS fanbase being the DS fanbase. I liked the episode too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I hate PVP areas, I don't understand the appeal of areas that basically can't be completed until way past endgame.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

I hate PVP areas, I don't understand the appeal of areas that basically can't be completed until way past endgame.

Considering Woolie just did it I wouldn't say such an area exists.

e: And if you really can't stand the heat, you can always just go offline.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tae posted:

Dark Souls PVP attempts to match you with players with similar gear/levels so that you can do them whenever. Hell, both of the Rat pvp areas have no penalty for losing and let you complete the area PVP free once you've beaten or lost to the other player.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9vl0pbandc

The bullshit in the first thirteen minutes of this video is why I returned this game the day after I bought it and got Anarchy Reigns instead.

e: Also Matt, Code Chronos was supposed to be a prequel involving Ayane and Kasumi that never got off the ground.

Scorched Spitz fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 16, 2014

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
If the invader really wanted to kill woolie I think he could've. I'm pretty sure he was holding back.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Pat and I are gonna have a good ol' Machinima video that'll get posted sometime tomorrow! An special episode kinda one-off, until our season starts up properly in October/November.

Anyone wanna take any guesses?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TheRealestMatt posted:

Pat and I are gonna have a good ol' Machinima video that'll get posted sometime tomorrow! An special episode kinda one-off, until our season starts up properly in October/November.

Anyone wanna take any guesses?

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Nuzlocke

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Full Enslaved playthrough.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Phantom 2040 for the SNES, full playthrough with all possible endings(over 20 different ones).

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

Well, given that it's the centennial, I'll say Necrovision: Lost Company

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
DOTA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They're saving DOTA for the Shitstorm of Scariness.