Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
I had always thought it was a 360 exclusive but apparently not I'm interested in playing it and I'll tell you guys what i think of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

I enjoyed it overall but a few sections were tedious in the middle.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
games p fun kinda hard im enjoying sliding.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Its a good game OP, and good find at that price.

protip the game kinda requires a shift in how you view games like this. don't ever use cover. at first you'll die a lot and it'll blow but then you'll workout sliding real good and start kicking all sorts of rear end and the game is way fun

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
I remember seeing a ton of copies of that game when it came out but never picked it up. Now I can't find a copy at any of my local game stores and I don't buy games online. Good find, OP!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

protip the game kinda requires a shift in how you view games like this. don't ever use cover. at first you'll die a lot and it'll blow but then you'll workout sliding real good and start kicking all sorts of rear end and the game is way fun

replace "sliding" with "diving" and this can relate to Max Payne 3 as well. I knew far too many people who couldn't grasp the fact that diving > cover but they just kept trying to play it like a Gears of War game.

just dive over everything and shoot forever you dummies

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

thanks for the update on how much you paid for a video game, The Taint Rea:aaa:

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
i found this a few years back for less than ten bucks.

also i swear this was on steam before.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Congrats at scoring an epic Platinum game for a good price, gamer.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
how strange, I found this the other day for ten bucks too and am playing, and enjoying it. Small world???

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Vanquish is legit awesome. The smoke cigarette button is the best.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Its a good game OP, and good find at that price.

You make it sound like Bulletstorm and Bulletstorm was a p. nice game.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
pro tip OP you can melee dudes w/ the disk launcher without burning all of your Cool poo poo meter every single time you kill an enemy

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Great Joe posted:

You make it sound like Bulletstorm and Bulletstorm was a p. nice game.

I just beat Vanquish and I think it's safe to say that Bulletstorm and Vanquish are probably among the best first and third person shootmans, mechanically at least, and also in the other ways that don't matter as much.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
If you didnt know, you can use the smoke button to distract enemies. When you toss the cigarette they will track it, diverting their fire.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Congrats at scoring an epic Platinum game for a good price, gamer.

Good Guy Platinum Games

Makes Video Games I Can Purchase With Legal Tender

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I love that the two leads are trying to out David Hayter each other

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i kept the disk launcher just so i could melee dudes. the melee animations are SO GOOD and satisfying but they drain your kneeslide meter and your timeslow meter

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Blind Sally posted:

If you didnt know, you can use the smoke button to distract enemies. When you toss the cigarette they will track it, diverting their fire.

WHAT?!

BTW op this game owns SOOOO hard. I mean cover's two main uses are to smoke cigarettes and launch yourself into the enemy

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I liked Vanquish better than Bayonetta tbh.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

I liked Vanquish better than Bayonetta tbh.

Same here, since the QTE button mashing was easier since you could just mash all the face buttons (like in God Hand), no terrible minigames, no ranking system, you had all of your abilities from the start, and the cutscenes weren't made in poser so they could be twice as long. The PS3 version was also better than the 360 version, since it was exactly the same, but didn't have screen tearing.

They're both great, and I can't wait to play Bayonetta again since it's bundled with the sequel, but I'm not looking forward to having my chapter ranking ruined because I missed a QTE right at the end.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

its good, probably the best shooter on a controller

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

close second is halo 3 which is real good but doesnt havwe anything to compensate for joystick aiming like vanquish does

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

This rules but I heard you only get like, 3 of those.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I think you can do it once per room or per minute something.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Yeah Bayonetta felt like it was on a shoestring budget with those voiced over still shots.

The one thing I want added if they ever make Vanquish 2 is an ability to instantly recharge your meter like Raiden's Zandatsu.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

vanquish didnt seem to be "missing" anything like bayo or mgr. the backgrounds are pretty sweet, too. when youre on the level with the cargo thing that goes upside down+sideways , look at the rest of the space colony, everything is there.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I always found it a bit silly that at the end you launch yourself out on an escape pod instead of sticking the nuke in it and launching it out of the station.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Action Tortoise posted:

Yeah Bayonetta felt like it was on a shoestring budget with those voiced over still shots.

The one thing I want added if they ever make Vanquish 2 is an ability to instantly recharge your meter like Raiden's Zandatsu.

You could have it refill a bit each time you kill an enemy, so you could keep boosting and using slow-mo as long as you rack up the kills.

I'd like the ability to jump, or even fly. You can do a backflip by using the melee button with the Heavy Machine Gun equipped, but you can't jump over cover with it. Double-tapping the cover button does, but it still slows you down too much.

A PC port would be brilliant, especially if someone mods in the ability to have all the weapons on the number keys, and the extended boost bar for the entire game.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

That loving Sned posted:

You could have it refill a bit each time you kill an enemy, so you could keep boosting and using slow-mo as long as you rack up the kills.

poo poo i must have not been efficient with my meter. the shotgun's so good in the beginning with those giant skullfaced mechs.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I kinda feel having unlimited boost would be wicked fun but also make the game super easy and less flashy. tapping boost a couple of times to get where you're going looks really pro

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Action Tortoise posted:

poo poo i must have not been efficient with my meter. the shotgun's so good in the beginning with those giant skullfaced mechs.

Sorry, that was just an idea for a sequel/remake. It refills pretty quickly when you're not using it, and you should be rolling constantly while not boosting.

The shotgun's great against those guys, but if you charge the backhand melee move right in front of them, as soon as they try to grab you they get counterattacked automatically.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

That loving Sned posted:

Sorry, that was just an idea for a sequel/remake. It refills pretty quickly when you're not using it, and you should be rolling constantly while not boosting.

The shotgun's great against those guys, but if you charge the backhand melee move right in front of them, as soon as they try to grab you they get counterattacked automatically.

Wrong you should be canceling a melee attack with your roll. Add long as you're not hitting anyone with the attack you go faster.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Apparently Wonderful 101 might be getting a PC port so who knows, Vanquish might get one, too.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the wonderful 101 is never getting a pc port because nintendo owns it. whoever told you that is dumb

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
it also makes very liberal use of the tablet so idk how it would even work

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

darealkooky posted:

the game is already completely playable with just a pro controller so it wouldn't be hard to make it work with a 360 controller. it does make a few sections of the game annoying, but it works.

they like to periodically post pictures of any of the wonderful ones, that doesn't mean anything

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

darealkooky posted:

It's called a mouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

speaking of which, does using a mouse in metal gear rising make the precise cuts any easier

• Locked thread